• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Half-Breed Institution

Zadock stepped forward and then clapped his hands together dispelling the people that had harmed her and turning the area into a field with a full moon on one side and a sun on the other and he stood in the center with her. "Its ok now they can't hurt you here Alexa."

"Well Andrew i'm sure you can make that happen and some would even join you." Zadock shrugged but seemed distracted.

Dysis hadn't herd Zadock. She was too lost in thought that eventually gave way to a day dream. If he was looking Zadock would be seeing the first and only time she had shifted before this about a year earlier. It had been when she was with her father after a resent divorce. At his house she would have been asleep if not for her father to stumble into the house drunk as hell and just to make it worse, he had brought a woman home. When they realized that Dysis was awake and aware, the woman wanted to meet her. Her father had looked her in the eye then said in a slurred drunken tone "This...this is that worthless

Child from that slut I married..." Dysis, was horrified and would have slunk back into her room without a word. From pure rage, rejection, stress, and depression she had shifted for the first time and ended up passing out from the energy it took. The next morning her father would be having a hell of a hangover and walks into her room to order her to cook him breakfast then do a number of other things, not all of them pleasant. Well he would have if not for finding a giant fox instead. Taking his pistol that had been placed outside her door so he could force her to do many things and would fire while yelling, screaming, and cursing. Getting hit on the shoulder she would have ran out of the room and out the door as fast as she could. With the first rays of sunlight touching the sky and no where else to go she would have made her way over to her mother's house. Now when her mother opened the door to find a giant,

Bloody fox she wasn't surprised. Letting her in she would have collapsed on the floor, her mother left with the task of removing then round then patch the wound. This would have been done while she shifted back with little to know memory of what had happened.

@Drumonkey

As the image shifted, she was no longer the angry harpy, but back in human form staring straight at the sandman. "Zadock? What's going on?" Surely he wasn't really there! She stepped forward, admiring the sight of the full moon, even though the other side of the field was sunny. It was a beautiful sight, but how was it possible? Then her gaze returned to Zadock as she continued to grow closer, admiring him in this form, convinced he was just a dream. @Drumonkey

"I am still in the cafeteria but I came to tell you something then I saw the nightmares and I had to help and I had to tell you that I do like you, you just left before I could tell you as such." Zadock smiled widely and seemed to glow faintly. "I made the sky like this because I thought you would like it. I can change it any way you would like."

Zadock touched Dysis's hand and the emotions associated with the memory faded and was replaced with the warmth of hope and Zadock looked her in the eye . "I'm sorry that happened to you but things did and will get better." Zadock gave her a warm smile.

Drumonkey said:
"I am still in the cafeteria but I came to tell you something then I saw the nightmares and I had to help and I had to tell you that I do like you, you just left before I could tell you as such." Zadock smiled widely and seemed to glow faintly. "I made the sky like this because I thought you would like it. I can change it any way you would like."
Zadock touched Dysis's hand and the emotions associated with the memory faded and was replaced with the warmth of hope and Zadock looked her in the eye . "I'm sorry that happened to you but things did and will get better." Zadock gave her a warm smile.
At the sudden touch she would have instinctively reared back, causing her chair to tip. Crashing to the floor she would have forgotten what Zadock was able to do and he now knew her past. Millions of thought were racing through her mind as she slowly got up out of the fallen chair. Her ears would have been back and her face in a mix of anger, horror and slight fear.

"I saw a bit of her past and I think her first transformation and well it wasn't exactly pleasant, but I cant give you all the details it isn't my story." Zadock nodded in conviction and gave Andrew an apologetic look.

"Woah Dysis it's ok I didn't mean to intrude but the fear and sadness just drew me in... I won't tell anyone about it and you don't have to talk to me about it."

Head tilted to the side, she stared at Zadock a bit confused. "W...what are you talking about?" She was anxious, and slowly backing away as if this were about to turn into a nightmare. This was only a dream. Her gaze kept shifting between him and the moon, the sight so mesmerizing. It reminded her of the way it looked above the sea back home.

Andrew looked at her thinking 'hmm sounds like she didnt have fun when she transformed like me' "man that sucks" he said "but im sure the first transformation is never fun for anyone"

Dysis would have fixed the chair then would have stuttered "I-I'm sorry you had to see that...I...I need to go..."' Then with that she would turn and leave the cafeteria, from behind you could see that he tail would have been curled around her left leg wether in fear, embarrassment, or depression was unknown.

"I didn't really transform back home it was more latent abilities so no huge deal." Zadock shrugged.

"Alexa this is a dream and I am talking to you in it please calm down. Do you want this to be an ocean, a beach? I can change it to whatever you want it to be." Zadock said trying not to scare her anymore.

"Yes it does. It seems ive either scared off or bored off everyone but you. While we are here and I am on a streak lets talk about you and your past shall we?" Zadock raised an eyebrow wondering if Andrew would go for it or leave like the rest had.

Andrew laughed "alright challenge accepted" he said smugly "what would you like to know?" He asked daringly

Pausing, it was clear she was a bit confused, but was willing to play along. "Alright, if you're really Zadock, change the scene to a cliff overlooking the ocean as the full moon rises over the horizon." Perhaps it was a very simple request that anyone could do. But one thing didn't make sense. "If it's really you, why follow me into my dreams? Aren't you surrounded by everyone else in the cafeteria?"

Rey would hold her head up at a high angle with a deadly look on her face as she marched through crowds. Pushing, shoving and stabbing at people until they got out of her way. Finally getting to her cabin, she let her head droop down "Damn emotions". Leaning against the door to her room, Rey would dig her nails into it, leaving inch deep gouges in the solid oak before pushing it open. Almost running over to her desk, Rey would grab her cell phone and shut herself in the nearest bathroom then proceed to lock the door. She sniffled loudly as she dialed her father's number and wait for seconds that seemed like hours for him to pick up. After what seemed like eternity his smooth baritone slid out of the phone *italics are Arabic* " Reyon, what is wrong with you ?". Sobbing into the phone, she heard her father screaming at someone in the background, she'd speak fastly "daddy, I'm tired and hungry and lost and confused...."

She went on until she heard her father's purposeful cough and realized what she was doing "excuse me daddy.." She'd pinch her cheeks and look into the mirror " So daddy, how are you ? how's ommi ?". Rey's father's voice never shook as he said in a perfectly enunciated voice "ommi and are fine and now that you've composed yourself may I speak too you like two adults and not a child and her father" Rey's father always brought out the adult in her " I am balanced now, you may speak" " Me and ommi think, despite that little episode, you are ready to engage in confirming the supremacy of the paranormal races" Rey frowned at the phone "Father, I don't understand. Would you clarify ?" " We are part of a organization that will use future generations to ensure the dominance of monsters over humans. This is a very prestigious group and we are extremely fortunate they chose you to continue the legacy. You wouldn't let me and ommi down by refusing this generous and limited proposal, would you ?" Rey felt her father's eyes giving her a expectant look as 16 years of training and overbearing yet loving parents crashed down on Rey like a tidal wave . Taking a deep breath, Rey would look directly at herself in the mirror, at the body she'd come to hate. She didn't love or hate humans, though she loved and feared her parents "Yes, father. I wouldnt put the family too shame. Give ommi my love" " I am proud of you, don't take that blessing away. Goodbye, my daughter" . With that he hung up abruptly. Slamming her phone solidly, Rey would reapply her makeup and whisper under her breath "Daddy is proud and I'll keep it that way".

Last edited by a moderator:
"How are the murderous impulses going Andrew? Have you been finding ways to amuse yourself while you are here?"

Zadock waved a hand and everything shifted to how she specified and then he put his hands behind his back and started pacing the edge of the cliff. "Yes It is me and yes there were people sitting around me but I am learning to multi-task. Right now it is only Andrew and I. Also that means that I did just tell you that I liked you and I didn't get a response to that." Zadock cast her a glance with a smirk.

Drumonkey said:
"How are the murderous impulses going Andrew? Have you been finding ways to amuse yourself while you are here?"
Zadock waved a hand and everything shifted to how she specified and then he put his hands behind his back and started pacing the edge of the cliff. "Yes It is me and yes there were people sitting around me but I am learning to multi-task. Right now it is only Andrew and I. Also that means that I did just tell you that I liked you and I didn't get a response to that." Zadock cast her a glance with a smirk.
Andrew opened his eyes in shock then smirked "heh so you haven't forgotten about that huh?" He then shook his head "no zadock i havent killed any small puppies...lately" he said laughing

"I don't care about the small puppies I'm worried about everyone else." Zadock seemed genuinely worried about Andrew. "I'm not sure what you consider me but I consider you a true friend and you can talk to me about anything."

Alexa watched in amazement as it shifted, even appearing similar to her favorite spot from home. His pacing made her a tad anxious, though she was no longer trying to run off, and was beginning to believe. "What happened to everyone else?" She had heard him correctly just a moment ago, and even in a dream like state, there was no hiding her bashfulness. "Well, I think you know how I feel, since you seem to enjoy my dreams so much."

"Just because I look doesn't mean I know, and they wandered away mainly because of me on accident but that is beside the point." Zadock brushed away the thought then sat down on the cliff. His head turned 360 on his neck and he looked at her and patted the ground next to him before his head spun the right way around.

Drumonkey said:
"I don't care about the small puppies I'm worried about everyone else." Zadock seemed genuinely worried about Andrew. "I'm not sure what you consider me but I consider you a true friend and you can talk to me about anything."
Andrew just smiled and laughed at him "you aren't my therapist and you aren't my mother. So stop trying to butter me up to like you. You are mere entertainment that is all." He then leaned back in his chair "but...if you want to know what I'm up to so bad I guess I could tell you..." He said teasingly

"Ok, that's just creepy. I'll come sit next to you if you promise not to do that again." Slowly, she walked forward and sat down next to him, leaning back on her hands and watching the moon's reflection dance in the water below. "I'm surprised you don't know. I thought it was a tad obvious. I like you, but....probably shouldn't. I don't want to hurt you."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back