First VS Second

wich do you you prefer please don't vote if you have only seen one

• First

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Second

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
sure I'll use one of my older chars, I didn't mention that I have started the game with flow like blood before do to not being willing to die.

I'd be interested in watching an ST bat your "system" around a few times.  Heck, I'd almost pay money to see that.

Nothing I hate worse than a twink without imagination...

OK, that is a lie.  There are lots of things I hate worse than that.  Junkies.  Cheaters.  People who cut in line at the bank or the post office.  Actually, if you think about it, twinks like EM are just annoying as crap, but not really worth much for bile--just pity that they lack any spark of creativity playing a game made for the imaginative...

:lol: You called EM a twink?! :lol:

The most homophobic ass I know!!!

(You do actually know what a twink is, right?)

I am torn as to my opinion of the insult, but either way, it's funny as hell!!! :twisted:

:lol: You called EM a twink?! :lol:
The most homophobic ass I know!!!

(You do actually know what a twink is, right?)

I am torn as to my opinion of the insult, but either way, it's funny as hell!!! :twisted:
Apparently you think it's some kind of a gay joke. Horribly wrong my friend...
A twink (a.k.a. Powergamer, Rules Lawyer, Munchkin, etc. ) is someone who tries exploiting flaws in rules to their own advantage, so the system protects them, instead of being creative and seeing the rules as a possibilty for their imagination to be put to good use.

Considering that I'm bi, I have a handle on the whole battery of insults. Thanks for the update though. :roll:

In this sense, EM fits I think to the tee...

Okay.  I am going to start a new thread.  Jakk, you have volunteered to be Storyteller.  EM, please post your starting character sheet in that thread.  Jakk, feel free to rope in any antagonist players you want, or just set up your NPCs as well.

But, when all they use their imagination for is twinking...

I forsee problems in life.

Well it wasn't...I'm just saying, some people, who wanted to do something different and actually twink, did it rather well.

Yes, he does an excelent job of twinking, but he uses game, and his total obsession with it, to avoid real life.

There's a great die roller in the IRC channel.  Stillborn maintains a bot which logs things, and I'm frequently on there.  In addition, I believe WW has a dicebot on their Web site.  There's a lot of possible places.

As to canon, I don't see why a straight-up 1E rules set shouldn't apply?

As to joining in, if you are interested in doing so, feel free to post to the thread.

I've already replied in Mem's thread, but I'll reiterate it here.

I said that I'd be interested in watching this, not adjudicating it.  Mainly because I'm coming of a 76 hour work week, and looking at pulling another double tomorrow, and four more next week, and no days off in that.  Add to it three deadlines, union duties, a weird on again, off again romance with the pretty girl who's getting ready to head to Chicago, and trying to interview possible room dogs, and I have very little time for this.  I'm not playing with my usual group for a bit because of this, let alone trying to parse EM's broken English.  

I'll watch this puppy, but I have zero time for anything but being a little snarky and maybe uploading some cheesecake shots up to Lore5.

Miraculous Topic-Regaining Prana costs me five Willpower, but I'm only taking dramatic actions at the moment so I can sleep it off.

2E is smoooooth. 1E was bumpy. Both are the game I love.

Let's talk ticks vs turns. In 1E, everyone did several seconds' worth of acting all at once. You did your thing, then the next initiative count did their thing, and everyone else sat around. The simple fact that in 2E everyone gets to do something every tick makes combat infinitely more interesting. Although the focus remains on one or two characters who take their screen time cos it's their action, everyone else gets to interact as well, to imagine the scene and their character's place within it.

The charms.

Having a complete setting from go.

Indeed, impressive spending of willpower there as well BP. I like it a lot, I just got into the Ride tree today, glanced over the Excellencies and nearly vomitted. It's glorious. But the other trees are what interest me this time round than combat. It's all gravy.

Yes, and with ticks you don't have to deal with all the twinks who constantly hold their actions and act at the end of the round when nobody can do anything against them.  Also, the properties of jade are much better in 2nd because it reduces the speed of attacks and letting them hit more often which is great more advantageous than letting a DB have a higher initiative, which a twinker will probably ignore anyways.

I know I'm a bloody twink, I build my chars to live and play them to live, so twink isn't an insult neither in powergamer, or rules Lawyer.

I know I'm a bloody twink' date=' I build my chars to live and play them to live, so twink isn't an insult neither in powergamer, or rules Lawyer.[/quote']It's not something to be proud of...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back