• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom Firefly/Serenity

Looking for fans of Joss Whedon's series "Firefly" to to do a roleplay with. I know it would take more than a 1x1 just because there are so many main characters. I'm thinking of the story starting where the show left off, playing off the film as a dream.

How many are we thinking here? One player per cast member? Or doubling up multiple characters on players? Who did you want to play? How will we deal with Rivers's obvious OPness? I have many questions, lol.

[QUOTE="Candice Dionysus]How many are we thinking here? One player per cast member? Or doubling up multiple characters on players? Who did you want to play? How will we deal with Rivers's obvious OPness? I have many questions, lol.

[/QUOTE]
I doubt we'll be able to get nine people, honestly. Doubling up would probably be our best option. I want to play at least Mal. I wouldn't know where to begin on how to make River plausible, rather than the walking Deus Ex Machina that she became in Serenity.

I'd tentatively join. Normally I'd leap headfirst into a Firefly RP, but I've never done a fandom RP with original characters, so I'm a little more cautious. Definitely for it, though.

Fezzes said:
I'd tentatively join. Normally I'd leap headfirst into a Firefly RP, but I've never done a fandom RP with original characters, so I'm a little more cautious. Definitely for it, though.
Wasn't really planning on there being OCs.

Fezzes said:
[QUOTE="Daniel Rothschild]Wasn't really planning on there being OCs.
[/QUOTE]
Well, there need to be Villains. We have some great Main Villains laid out by the show, but there will need to be OC underlings for some of them. There would need to be OC's for the giving of missions, people to accept mssions from, people to populate the cities and settlements, space stations, etc. Not OC main characters, no, but there will probs be a ton of OC background characters. We could have fun with making up places and people for our MC's to interact with while still keeping the main cast as the main cast.

I'm not saying I need there to be OC's, I'm just saying that I've actually never done a Fandom RP with canon characters, so I'll be at a bit of a disadvantage. It's Firefly, though, so I'm going to do it whatever happens.

That was more directed at the thread creator, lol. Which character do you feel like you know the most about or "know the best?" I'm still trying to decide between Jayne and Zoe or Jayne and Simon or Zoe and Simon. I don't know which two I would prefer more, lol.

[QUOTE="Candice Dionysus]That was more directed at the thread creator, lol. Which character do you feel like you know the most about or "know the best?" I'm still trying to decide between Jayne and Zoe or Jayne and Simon or Zoe and Simon. I don't know which two I would prefer more, lol.

[/QUOTE]
I totally understand the last part. I feel like I'd be best as Zoe or Kaylee.

[QUOTE="Candice Dionysus]Well, there need to be Villains. We have some great Main Villains laid out by the show, but there will need to be OC underlings for some of them. There would need to be OC's for the giving of missions, people to accept mssions from, people to populate the cities and settlements, space stations, etc. Not OC main characters, no, but there will probs be a ton of OC background characters. We could have fun with making up places and people for our MC's to interact with while still keeping the main cast as the main cast.

[/QUOTE]
Okay, that makes sense. I guess one person(if we have enough people, at least five, could work from that angle.)

[QUOTE="Candice Dionysus]That was more directed at the thread creator, lol. Which character do you feel like you know the most about or "know the best?" I'm still trying to decide between Jayne and Zoe or Jayne and Simon or Zoe and Simon. I don't know which two I would prefer more, lol.

[/QUOTE]
I mentioned it before, but I am at least playing Mal,he's kind of my spirit animal.

[QUOTE="Candice Dionysus]Yeah, at the moment there appear to be five of us.

[/QUOTE]
Then one of us could play the villain and let the others be the crew?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back