Fate/Exitium: Stained Grail War

Also, I might be gone for the next three days, going out for New Years to an indoor waterpark (wtfff)

But, yeah, I'll try to get my post done before then.

Oh yeah. I posted Theta's response, but it got off paged. So you'll have to look back one large to see it. Just lettin ya know

You know, I was just reading through some servant sheets, and I was thinking.

There's inevitably going to be conflict between characters before Galahad gets introduced to everyone. I honestly hope there is. However, it's a bit difficult at the moment to tell just how powerful each servant is, and if there is conflict, I can imagine people might end up getting in hissy fits because they assume that another servant is weaker/slower/stronger/faster than the actual creator intended.

Doesn't Fate have a stat system? Something that Masters can read once they get the command seals, so they can eyeball how powerful an enemy servant is? Why don't we use that? Because at the moment, it's confusing as to which servants are better at what.

@Azure Sky

Forgot to mention this, but your servant will drain Takeshi's prana a lot even without being Berserker since he has 4 Noble Phantasms. If you use all four of them at the same time Takeshi should likely die, so your limited to using one or two at a time most likely.

Yes I know...If he ever uses something he will use 1 at a time

Alligot said:
There's inevitably going to be conflict between characters before Galahad gets introduced to everyone. I honestly hope there is. However, it's a bit difficult at the moment to tell just how powerful each servant is, and if there is conflict, I can imagine people might end up getting in hissy fits because they assume that another servant is weaker/slower/stronger/faster than the actual creator intended.

Doesn't Fate have a stat system? Something that Masters can read once they get the command seals, so they can eyeball how powerful an enemy servant is? Why don't we use that? Because at the moment, it's confusing as to which servants are better at what.
Sounds like an interesting idea, but regardless of their states a Servant portrayed as being weaker can defeat one portrayed as being stronger with the right strategy :D

Alligot said:

Yeah Fate does, I intentionally took out parameters since they get confusing if you stick directly to canon with +/- being modifiers that we still are unsure of what they do, and the fact that literally no servant has A rank STR leading to a load of people with B rank STR that are leagues apart from each other etc. etc.

If you guys want I can work on a simplified stat system.

Archer said:
Yeah Fate does, I intentionally took out parameters since they get confusing if you stick directly to canon with +/- being modifiers that we still are unsure of what they do, and the fact that literally no servant has A rank STR leading to a load of people with B rank STR that are leagues apart from each other etc. etc.
If you guys want I can work on a simplified stat system.
Sounds interesting...not sure if necessarily needed...but if the others agree...

[QUOTE="Azure Sky]You said you had a simplified system idea...could you give an example?

[/QUOTE]
Its not really simplified. I just explain what modifiers do and what each rank means, since all of those aer ambiguous and debated about still.

Alligot said:
Okay, so, mind showing us, then?
Sadly I have it copied on a site that's down. Will have to wait a few hours.

@Azure Sky

Fun fact about the Bartholomei. It's said that their leader is so powerful that even Zeltretch, someone who achieved immortality and became a dead apostle ancestor and the heir to dimensional magic allowing him to reflect moon sized masses away from the earth, respected him.

And it looks like @CrimsonEclipse has been inactive for about four days now, should we wait for him or should I make a servant/get Houyi though @SereneDeity is off for the holidays.

Yeah, let's just say that Erik killed some low ranking magicians from the Barthomeloi* just because they underestimated him.

@Archer

Btw, should I just change the post? say they weren't from the Barthomeloi* (that's how I found the name on wiki) and just some Magus Killers hired by someone to kill him for some reason?

Last edited by a moderator:
@Archer[/URL]

Btw, should I just change the post? say they weren't from the Barthomeloi* (that's how I found the name on wiki) and just some Magus Killers hired by someone to kill him for some reason?
If you want to, you can, but your current explanation works too.

SereneDeity said:
Yes, my master was CSA.
Considering CSA quit, would you mind if you paired up with my Tohsaka master since Crimson Eclipse hasnt been seen in a week.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back