• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Falling. Fading Away

Noah perked up immediately when he saw Carmen's name flash across his phone. He quickly picked up and smiled widely but it soon faded when he heard her "What? Shit...Carmen I'm sorry. I uh didn't know this was happening. These fans...I'm thankful for them but they're insane sometimes. You know they found kid photos of me off family member's facebook?" He said giving a small chuckle but frowned when she didn't really respond "Anyways, I'll uh I'll send out a statement." He said softly before reluctantly hanging up.

Max smiled happily and cuddled into him "You smell nice, I like this cologne." She murmured softly to him as the movie began. By the end of it she was still cuddled into him and begining to drift off against him "I guess...I guess I should get going.." she said tiredly before yawning.

She grabbed him before he could and frowned. “Thank you… listen… the record is great Noah. I’m proud of you.” She told him quietly before hanging up that time and going to order some take out, not wanting to think about him anymore. Even hearing his voice had been a lot. She still loved him but she just couldn’t bring herself to meet with him face to face.

Nick frowned as he heard him on the phone, waiting til he was off and sighed. “Everything alright?” He asked him frowning a little, leaning back in the seat on the bus.

He smiled some and kissed the top of her head, holding her close throughout and frowned when he listened to her. “You don’t have to…. You could stay if you liked. I know it’s early days but I promise no funny business. Just sharing a room.” He smiled some. “No pressure though.”

Noah gave a heavy sigh looking at Nick "Fans are fucking with Carmen....she asked me to put out a statement to leave her alone." He explained. Running a hand through his hair "It was nice to hear her voice, she said the album was really good." He murmured

Max smiled some and looked up at him. She kissed under his chin gently and nodded some "I'd like that a lot." She said softly before getting up to stretch then take the dishes to the kitchen for cleaning.

Nick nodded slowly. “You hear hee new single?” He asked, sliding his phone over with the song loaded and pressed play, leaving the room for a minute to give him privacy. The moment Nick had listened to it he knew what she was singing about and he didn’t exactly want Noah hearing it from someone else that she had written about his neglect and how much he had taken her for granted.

He smiled and nodded, going to snuff out the candles he had had burning most of the evening, going to her in the kitchen and smiled at how domestic this felt and just how right it felt with her, waiting til she was ready and he led her to his room, digging out a couple shirts for her to choose from for pyjamas “I got makeup remover too, if you want.” He smiled.

Noah raised an eyebrow and shook his head "No I haven't yet." He muttered before pressing play. By the end of the song he was a wreck and retreating to his bunk to compose himself. It hurt him even more now knowing that was how she had felt, and he was kicking himself more for not being better to her.

Max smiled happily as she followed him to his room "Oh thank you, I'll definitely need some." She murmured before picking a shirt to borrow and going to the bathroom. Once she had her makeup off and was changed into his shirt she came back into the room "Thank you for the shirt and make up remover." She said sweetly before climbing into bed with him.

She sighed quietly to herself as she locked up her front door on the way out to go get some jobs done, enjoying the peace and quiet of the afternoon and about to put some music into hee headphones when hee phone rang and she groaned a little, answering nicks call. “Hey. What’s up?” She asked a little curtly, frowning when he didn’t respond for a minute. “Nick what do you wan? I’m trying to get shit done and I’ve already dealt with Noah enough for my brain to handle today so spit it out.”

He chuckled and nodddd, allowing her the space to get comfortable first. “My pleasure. I can’t exactly insist you stay the night then make you keep your face on and sleep in your clothes.” He pointed out. He’d wanted this for almost a year now and he was thankful for the fact he felt a lot cooler about the whole thing than he had anticipated. Not snowing his nerves the way he’d thought he would be.

Noah frowned when he looked at Carmen's number on his friends phone. He dialed it and stayed silent as he heard her voice "I'm sorry.....I'm so sorry for everything." He whispered in a broken voice before hanging up quickly.

Max laughed lightly and nodded some as she traced his chest piece while she layed with him "I had a really nice time. I could get used to this." She murmured before cupping his cheek and kissing him gently

She tensed and pulled the phone away staring at it and frowning, feeling herself being pulled in two different directions. On the one hand she wanted to just get on with her life and not overthink how much tjme she wasted with him but on the other, she missed him desperately. And she knew they were still in LA for a show tonight, turning around and going back home to get cleaned up and dressed to go down and see him.

He hummed quietly and smiled, kissing the top of her head. “Much nicer than paying you for it and feeling skeezy. I’d rather spoil you as my girlfriend. Not as one of your customers.” He murmured, kissing her back and holding her close.

Jolly was backstage when he saw her walking down and went wide eyed "What are you doing here?" He asked happily and gave her a big hug "Its good to see you, heard the new album, sounds great." He told her sweetly before leading her to catering so she could grab something to drink

Max smiled widely at him and nodded some just giving him a few more kisses before she slowly started to fall asleep against him.

She smiled a little at him and hugged him back shaking her head. “I need to talk to him. After this morning I just… I’ll wait til after your set but jolly we can’t keep putting this off anymore.” She sighed quietly, having his help to stay away from Noah the whole evening until they were going on and she went to wait in the dressing room, picking at her nails in a nervous habit, listening to the distant sounds of them playing and sighing to herself. She was a bundle of nerves and wondering if she was even making the right decision but she had decided she’s rather regret trying than not at all.

Ricky smiled as he watched her a little longer until he finally turned the lights out, drifting off to sleep a little while after her. He woke up earlier too and got up carefully to go make them some breakfast, jumping out of his skin when he found Ryan already in the kitchen. “Jesus man, a little heads up would be good. Better yet don’t come over when I’m busy?” He muttered. “What do you want?” He was already getting a little tired of being babysat but at the same time he understood their concerns.

By the end of the night Noah was jazzed up from coming off of stage. The show had gone great and the crowd had been electric. He made his way to the dressing room with the boys talking lously with them and entering the room with his head turned back as he talked with Nick. He didn't turn around until he saw the confused look on Nick's face and immediately he went from extatic to nervous.

Ryan turned to look at Ricky and raised an eyebrow "Came by to make sure everything went well. Make sure you're doing good today." He said while sipping the coffee he had made. He smirked some when he heard Max's voice call to him and chuckled "Sounds like you had a good night."

Carmen had heard them coming down the hall and stood up, waiting with wringing hands for them to come in, hee breath catching when he finally turned around and saw her. “Hey…. Hey, sounded like a great show guys….. uh… can uh…. Can we talk?” She asked Noah, staring up at him, waiting til he nodded and she grabbed her cigarettes, following him to go outside once he had got himself sorted. “Hi… it’s been a while.” She mumbled. It was so different seeing him in person versus the few phone conversations they’d had. “Your hair looks good short.”

Ricky nodded a little and poured two more mugs from the pot, “it was a good night and I’ll tell you what happened when I see you at practice…. Later.” He muttered, nodding towards the front door then took the mugs back to his bedroom. “Hey, morning. Ryan is here by the way.” He smiled.

Noah gulped softly when his eyes landed on her and gave a small nod not able to trust his voice at the moment. He grabbed his jacket and followed her out back leaning against the wall as she lit up a cigarette "Thanks...it definitely been an adjustment." He said giving a small laugh "I uh...I heard your song Labour...its beautiful." He told her quietly just staring at her a bit completely shocked that she was actually here.

Max smiled softly as she saw him come back into the room "Mmm that so?" She said as she took the mug from him. She sipped her coffee and scooted close to him as he sat beside her "So do you have practice today?" She asked softly as she placed her cup on his night stand.

She frowned and nodded, taking a drag and taking her time before responding, “I never wrote that to hurt you… the same way I know Jusf Pretend wasn’t meant to hurt me…. It’s been almost 13 years since I walked into that record store yknow and I just…” she finished off her cigarette and stomped it out before stepping closer and throwing her arms around him tightly, inhaling the familiar smell. “I don’t want 13 to be where this ends…. But I need to know that I’m not walking back into what I walked out of.” She told him quietly, eventually pulling away.

Ricky nodded and smiled. “We got a tour coming up, need to work on a set list and how this is gonna work for the stage. You got work later?” He asked her, watcjjinf her intently and smiling some.

Noah's arms wrapped around her instantly when she came to him. He took in her scent and stayed silent for a moment to just take in the moment before finally speaking "I never intended to hurt you....I never meant to distant myself the way I did. But with you gone, I realized just how much I love you, and how long I've been in love with you." He murmured before pulling back and pushing some hair from her face "I promise you, it won't happen again. We can take it slow even if you want." He said softly.

Max shook her head and smiled some "No I'm off today." She said before kissing him gently "But if I need to leave soon, its okay." She murmured letting her fingers trace patterns on his chest.

She frowned and watched him, leaning back against a post behind her, “You’re off now. Gone for three months. I have a proposal that we talk as much as we can while you’re away. And we build this back up. I don’t want to lose you Noah…. But I can’t be the girlfriend left behind again. We give this one more shot.” She told him. “I can stay the night if you like tonight, before you guys head out tomorrow.”

He shook his head. “I can take you home later or early if you like but I’m free til this afternoon.l he smiled. “If you want a shower I promise I don’t just use a bar of soap for everything… towels are clean.” He murmured, more content than he had been in years with her there with him.

Noah gave a soft smile and nodded some "I would love that." He said softly before leaning down and kissing her forehead gently "Well, I hope you don't mind a cramped tour bus bunk." He said softly smiling some as she played with the chain around his neck "I thought maybe wearing it more would be alright."

Max smiled happily at him "Mmm well thats good, bar soap is terrible for your skin." She murmured before kissing him deeply and pressing herself to him "How. About. You. Go. Tell Ryan. To go. And we go have ourselves a shower?" She murmured between kisses that she peppered down his jawline and neck.

Last edited:
she frowned a little. “Maybe the others don’t but I have a platinum credit card in my back pocket…. We’re getting a hotel. I checked with jollly. Bud call isn’t til midday tomorrow.” She smiked a little, “I thought you didn’t like it. You never used to put it on.” She mumbled, taking his hand and starting to lead him back inside to get his stuff so they could go find a hotel.

He smiled a little wider, nodding. “I think that can be arranged.” He murmured, kissing her back and getting up to go to the kitchen, pulling Ryan up by his arm and taking him to the front door. “I’ll see you at practice. Goodbye.” He grinned, sending him out the apartment and bolting the door behind him before going back to find max.

Noah smiled as he walked with her to the nearest hotel "I didn't want it to get damaged. Its the first big gift you gave me." He said softly watching her a bit still in shock that she was really there wih him.

Max giggled and squeaked when she felt his arms go around her when he came into the bathroom. She turned in his arms and kissed him deeply staying close to him.

She nodded a little and turned him down another street, pointing to her car. “Let’s not bump into people who might recognise us…. Not tonight. This is just for us.” She told him. Within the hour they were in a hotel room and she set her purse down on the side. “You wanna shower before bed?” She asked, turning to face him to see he was already stripping off and heading for the bathroom, frowning a little though when she really looked at him. “Noah….” She murmured, frowning at how much weight he had dropped again.

He grinned a little, turning the water on and carefully stripped off with her while they waited for it to get warm. This would be the first time they’d gone this far and he just wanted to make sure she was okay with all of it, not wanting to push his luck.

Noah started to strip when they got to the hotel room needing a shower. He stopped when he heard her say his name and raised an eyebrow "Huh? Whats up?" He asked frowning a bit as she came over and started inspecting him "I'm eating I promise."

Max smiled happily as she stripped down with him as well and soon stepped into the shower with him. By the end of it the water was freezing and they hadn't even started to wash off. She panted softly as she held onto him smiling wide at him "Wow...that was pretty great."

She sighed a little and shook her head. “If I ask Nick is his answer gonna be the same?” She asked worried, shaking her head again and turned the shower on, getting in with him. “Be quick. We’re gonna go find a 24hr drive thru.” She told him, kissing his cheek.

He smiled and eyed her still, grabbing his loofa sponge and washing her down. “Lean on me sweetheart.” He murmured as her legs were shaking. “I got you.” He promised, kissing all over her face to settle her back down.

Noah bit his lip and rubbed the back of his neck "Okay...I may have missed a few meals." He muttered before getting in the shower. Once he was out he gave her a small smile and reached for her hand "Mcdonalds?" He asked as they started to leave "Remember when we were younger? You'd sneak off and we'd go eat at mcdonalds at 2 in the morning?" He said with a small laugh.

Max gave a shaky laugh and leaned on him for support until she got calmed enough to stand on her own. She stepped out once they were rinsed off and grabbed a towel to dry off with "Why did we wait so long?" She teased.

She smiled a little and nodded, reaching to take his hand. “Sometimes I can catch myself thinking we’re still teenagers.” She told him, smiling tiredly. “I got some shows coming up soon. I’ll see if any of the dates match with where you guys are.” She told him. She had felt a sense of peace from the moment he had held her again but at the same time she was going to be keeping a strict boundary of making sure he wasn’t ignoring her all the time either.

He smiled and watched her, grabbing another towel and dried his hair off some then wrapped it around his waist. “Cause…. I’m a drunk. And I’m just waiting for you to have the realisation that I’m just a fucking mess and you should run like hell.” He told her, his eyes holding a weight for a moment before he seemed to shrug it off. “But until you make that decision I’m glad we have gotten this far.” He smiled a little

Noah laughed lightly and nodded a bit before he threw his hood on as they walked "Yeah its pretty crazy how far we've come." He murmured squeezing her hand gently. "I'd like that a lot, maybe I can stop and catch a show. I haven't seen you perform in a while." He said softly. He felt this huge weight lift off of him when she said he had another chance and he was determined to make this right for her.

Max wrapped the towel around her body before she gave him a loving kiss "Don't be so hard on yourself. You're going through a rough time and that was how you found solice. You're getting better now though, and thats what matters." She said softly before smiling at him. She wanted him to know even with his faults, she was there for him and wanted nothing more for him to exceed.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back