Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
If it's a Nation-building roleplay, I can completely understand the need to control more than 10, because you're basically controlling a whole society.

But in a character driven roleplay? How do you even give your characters the needed character development with so many?

Mitchs98 said:
I'm uh. Actually controlling 10 characters in one RP, on the topic of multiple characters in an RP. >_>........ I like writing, mk.
Yeah, I could never do that.

HuorSpinks said:
10 characters?! How do you remember who is who?
I fade them to the background when needed, I keep roughly 6 as main characters. The rest are side characters I use to interact when the opportunity arises. Two of them I don't play much, haven't really since I made them. I develop them all aside from the afformentioned two at a fairly even pace, I haven't started using one of them yet.

I'm a detailed writer even if everyone else mostly posts one liners, so yeee... Plus almost everyone else in the RP is controlling more than one character, which is why too.

Every single character I have has a complicated backstory, personalities, wants and needs, I usually only do two in the one story though, and will most times do brother/sister or relative. It all depends if your brain can multitask, in my head each character is almost in completely seperate world, I don't post them in the same post, rather one after another. So my brain can switch gears.

WOOHOO GO AKAME GA KILL RP BC I KNOW WHAT YOUR RP YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BC IM IN IT TOO

ALSO. I'm so behind on this Rp bc I haven't received any notifications .-. My apologizes

[QUOTE="Defective Kitten]WOOHOO GO AKAME GA KILL RP BC I KNOW WHAT YOUR RP YOU'RE TALKING ABOUT BC IM IN IT TOO
ALSO. I'm so behind on this Rp bc I haven't received any notifications .-. My apologizes

[/QUOTE]
Yeaaa I was just about to tag you for this, xD . Currently everyone left the dining room after eating, most of them are asleep/going to sleep. Sage, Willow(or was it winter?), Cinla, Ferra, and Corra are currently awake. Cinla is in the library, Sage and Willow are in the foyer, and Ferra and Corra are in front of Ferra's bedroom about to go to sleep.

[QUOTE="Defective Kitten]I'll just say Naomi went to sleep already. Please do tag me when its the next day ^~^

[/QUOTE]
Kay. It'll be sometime tommorrow, most likely.

TheMADQ said:
Alright I chose requiping
Did I have too many kinds of magic?
Nah. It's just the fact the two of those in tandem could be a bit OP regardless of magic class depending on the armor and such you requipped/the keys

Well yeah I can see thstm I only wanted them because my character is based mostly around using items and they were items so xD . But thats fine, I doubt I would have used the keys that often anyway. WELL now I believe I need to go to bed, night all. I will post tomorrow when I get a chance.

Mitchs98 said:
Nah. It's just the fact the two of those in tandem could be a bit OP regardless of magic class depending on the armor and such you requipped/the keys

TheMADQ said:
Well yeah I can see thstm I only wanted them because my character is based mostly around using items and they were items so xD . But thats fine, I doubt I would have used the keys that often anyway. WELL now I believe I need to go to bed, night all. I will post tomorrow when I get a chance.
Gnight. :P

Requip on it's own isn't that impressive. I mean it's just a glorified backpack really. It's only as good as the things you put in it. For example, my guild master has requip but he mostly just has melee weapons. Nothing like what Erza had.

So if you're a requip user yet don't have the funds/connections to get powerful gear then you're still gonna be a scrub.

Last edited by a moderator:
Colt556 said:
Requip on it's own isn't that impressive. I mean it's just a glorified backpack really. It's only as good as the things you put in it. For example, my guild master ha Requip but he exclusively has melee weapons available to him. No armor, no clothes, no ranged weaponry. Just an assortment of melee weapons.
So if you're a requip user yet don't have the funds/connections to get powerful gear then you're still gonna be a scrub.
Yeah. Which is why I said depending on what he had. I'd assumed, since he listed it, he had decent things and not just some suits and bolo ties.

Mitchs98 said:
Yeah. Which is why I said depending on what he had. I'd assumed, since he listed it, he had decent things and not just some suits and bolo ties.
Damn, you responded too quickly. I changed it to be a bit more open, just melee weapons wouldn't let me do cool shit like put on a new outfit after my old one got trashed in combat.

Colt556 said:
Damn, you responded too quickly. I changed it to be a bit more open, just melee weapons wouldn't let me do cool shit like put on a new outfit after my old one got trashed in combat.
Lol. Dont worry you can still do that xD

Mitchs98 said:
Lol. Dont worry you can still do that xD
I dunno about others but when I put requip when making the character I just wanted it for convenience sake. Other than swapping weapons it's not really used for combat, it's just so I can pull items out of my ass and go "it's magic".

I don't actually think there's a single character in this rp that relies on requip in combat, now that I think about it. Every character I've seen that had requip it was just some extra bonus shit.

Mitchs98 said:
That would be an awesome requip..."Requip: Stylish Suit". Reminds me of something Ichiya would have. xD

Colt556 said:
I dunno about others but when I put requip when making the character I just wanted it for convenience sake. Other than swapping weapons it's not really used for combat, it's just so I can pull items out of my ass and go "it's magic".
I don't actually think there's a single character in this rp that relies on requip in combat, now that I think about it. Every character I've seen that had requip it was just some extra bonus shit.
Clair uses it for combat, minorly.

Mitchs98 said:
Clair uses it for combat, minorly.
Plenty of people use it in combat. Gilad uses it in combat. I mean there's no character who uses it as their primary means of fighting, like Erza. For every single character it's just some extra shit to give them a little utility, their main power comes from other magic.

Colt556 said:
Plenty of people use it in combat. Gilad uses it in combat. I mean there's no character who uses it as their primary means of fighting, like Erza. For every single character it's just some extra shit to give them a little utility, their main power comes from other magic.
Oh. Yeah. If you want to get technical Ferra does to a degree, but not really. *shrug*

Mitchs98 said:
Oh. Yeah. If you want to get technical Ferra does to a degree, but not really. *shrug*
I think the biggest reason is that it requires a lot of extra thought/planning. With most magic it's straight forward bullshit like 'oh I shoot fire' or 'oh I can make objects out of ice'. With requip it's only as good as the items you put in it and your skill with those items. So you have to think about what you'd need and come up with those items. It's a lot of extra work when you can just use some other kind of magic.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back