Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[QUOTE="Chara Angel of Death]Age:

Race:

Height:

Weight:

Guild and Guild Mark Location:

Appearance:(Picture is required, textual description is optional, anime preferred)

[/QUOTE]
*gasp* It's a ghost!

I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I despise races that aren't actually part of Fairy Tail. If you don't wanna be a human, that's cool. Be an Exceed or one of those frogmen that help the council or something. There's a difference between not being canon and not even being the same setting/universe. Even if it's non-canon (100% of RPs aren't canon after all) it should still be Fairy Tail. The magic we use, the races we play, the ages of our characters should all still be things that are possible within the Fairy Tail setting.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Chara Angel of Death]WHY DO YOU HAVE AKISE-KUN AS A PROFILE PIC I WILL KILL YOUUUUUU.
even if he's gay and i could never have a shot at him

[/QUOTE]
Mirai Nikki is love. Mirai Nikki is life.

Colt556 said:
I'd like to take this opportunity to say that I despise races that aren't actually part of Fairy Tail. If you don't wanna be a human, that's cool. Be an Exceed or one of those frogmen that help the council or something. There's a difference between not being canon and not even being the same setting/universe. Even if it's non-canon (100% of RPs aren't canon after all) it should still be Fairy Tail. The magic we use, the races we play, the ages of our characters should all still be things that are possible within the Fairy Tail setting.
Everything is so far that I've seen.. learn to relax man.

[QUOTE="Chara Angel of Death]Well I just thought it was okay to go a little off the handle but still make something possible in the universe :|
I couldn't manage to watch too far into the series (Like the first 100 episodes or so got repetitive) but I get the idea it's magic and lots of mythical creatures (and made up ones like Happy) are possible..

[/QUOTE]
You'll need to set a magic class, other than that everything checks out.

Mitchs98 said:
Everything is so far that I've seen.. learn to relax man.
I'm perfectly relaxed, but the fact remains the same. I'm the type of person where, if I'm playing a specific setting, I want to play that setting. Fairy Tail does not have vampires, or angels, or mythical seals or any of these things. Every time a new character comes in with this sorta thing it detracts from the RP. It's not fairy tail, it's just generic fantasy that you'd find in the Fantasy section. If you don't care, that's fine, it's your RP. But I personally can't stand it. I wanna RP Fairy Tail after all.

But meh, I've held my tongue this long and I'll go back to holding it. I do think it wouldn't hurt to be a little more strict on what's allowed. There's quite literally no point in playing a fandom RP if you're gonna dilute it by allowing anything and everything in. Especially when these things offer literally nothing to the character or the RP. All the gimmicks associated with these non-fairy tail aspects can be achieved through magic after all.

Colt556 said:
I'm perfectly relaxed, but the fact remains the same. I'm the type of person where, if I'm playing a specific setting, I want to play that setting. Fairy Tail does not have vampires, or angels, or mythical seals or any of these things. Every time a new character comes in with this sorta thing it detracts from the RP. It's not fairy tail, it's just generic fantasy that you'd find in the Fantasy section. If you don't care, that's fine, it's your RP. But I personally can't stand it. I wanna RP Fairy Tail after all.
But meh, I've held my tongue this long and I'll go back to holding it. I do think it wouldn't hurt to be a little more strict on what's allowed. There's quite literally no point in playing a fandom RP if you're gonna dilute it by allowing anything and everything in. Especially when these things offer literally nothing to the character or the RP. All the gimmicks associated with these non-fairy tail aspects can be achieved through magic after all.
Ehh. Now that you mention it, I do see your point about the mythical seal thing. However, everything about Fairy Tail wasn't exactly written in stone. Vampires, angels, demons, all of those could easily exsist. Demons do, why can't the rest? Hell a shark man and a frog man exsisted. I don't exactly see how it detracts if it's reasonbly explained and not too far fetched.

That said, point taken about the seal person.

@Chara Angel of Death Could you change your character slightly? I'm fine with the whole seal transformation and magic cloak thing, but Colt does have a point about a mythical seal humanoid being thingy. Just re-work them a bit, the magic is fine however.

Mitchs98 said:
Ehh. Now that you mention it, I do see your point about the mythical seal thing. However, everything about Fairy Tail wasn't exactly written in stone. Vampires, angels, demons, all of those could easily exsist. Demons do, why can't the rest? Hell a shark man and a frog man exsisted. I don't exactly see how it detracts if it's reasonbly explained and not too far fetched.

@Chara Angel of Death Could you change your character slightly? I'm fine with the whole seal transformation and magic cloak thing, but Colt does have a point about a mythical seal humanoid being thingy. Just re-work them a bit, the magic is fine however.
Fine...

Would a Fairy be allowed? -_0 Or does he have something to say about that too...

[QUOTE="Chara Angel of Death]Fine...
Would a Fairy be allowed? -_0 Or does he have something to say about that too...

[/QUOTE]
A fairy would be fine. We already have one, in fact.

Mitchs98 said:

Demons don't exist in Fairy Tail, not in the way westerners see demons at least. I don't even have a problem with non-humans if they fit the setting, like you said. There's frogmen and talking cats and sharkmen and the like. However in every example they were anthromorphic animals and couldn't alter their appearance. They were that way, permanently. There also aren't any hybrids. You're either a cat or you're not, you're either a frog or you're not etc. So if someone came in and wanted to play something along the lines of Lily, I wouldn't have a problem with it because even if it's not explicitly shown in the anime/manga, it still fits the general theme. Things like half-angels or vampires or whatnot don't fit the theme of fairy tail.

I mean when you look at it, what is a vampire other than a human who drinks blood? Why not just say they're human and use some kind of blood-magic? What's an angel other than a human with wings? Why not just say they're human and use Aera magic? It needlessly detracts from the fairy tail setting for some desire to be unique. Characters in fairy tail were unique because of the magic they used and the quirks they had. Not because they had some super special parents that made them special-humans. If we're doing a fairy tail rp I think this should be maintained. You wanna have wings? There's magic for that. You wanna drink blood? Well there's weirder fetishes out there. Literally nothing is gained by choosing races that don't exist and don't fit fairy tail, the aspects you want from those races are better achieved through magic since, as I said, magic is what makes people unique in fairy tail.

Either way, I'm not gonna talk about this anymore. I'm not the DM and I'll continue to RP up until the day nobody else does even if there's aspects I don't like. I've made my stance known, harping on about it will only hurt the RP so I'll stay silent from here on out on this matter.

You know what? Screw joining. I don't want to anymore. I've been upset and discouraged over something so fucking tiny it wouldn't make a difference. I'm deleting my character sheet and putting this thread under 'Ignore'. Bye. I refuse to join an rp if i'm going to be discouraged as early as a character sheet.

[QUOTE="Chara Angel of Death]You know what? Screw joining. I don't want to anymore. I've been upset and discouraged over something so fucking tiny it wouldn't make a difference. I'm deleting my character sheet and putting this thread under 'Ignore'. Bye. I refuse to join an rp if i'm going to be discouraged as early as a character sheet.

[/QUOTE]
I wont speak for anyone else but I wouldn't want to rp with someone who thinks their character should be guaranteed approval no matter what, and any form of criticism warrants a little bitch fit and an ignore. Roleplay requires standards to be decent, if you can't/refuse to meet those standards then it's for the best you don't join in. And you know what the lowest standard is? Listening to the GM.

[QUOTE="Chara Angel of Death]You know what? Screw joining. I don't want to anymore. I've been upset and discouraged over something so fucking tiny it wouldn't make a difference. I'm deleting my character sheet and putting this thread under 'Ignore'. Bye. I refuse to join an rp if i'm going to be discouraged as early as a character sheet.

[/QUOTE]
Well then. I told you your character was mostly fine, but if you're going to have that attitude about it I don't want you in my RP. It's not an unfair circumstance. It's you refusing to change something based upon valid criticism and denial. I said your character would be fine in any other fantasy RP, I just didn't feel it would be appropriate for this setting in particular.

[QUOTE="Chara Angel of Death]And if you think im being immature, I say im reacting normally to an unfair circumstance.

[/QUOTE]
How's it unfair? One of your selected traits doesn't fit the fandom you're trying to join. Why's it so impossible to change? I mean what, exactly, does your race do for your character? For your rp? What changes if you say they're human or some other race? You're being asked to fit into the fandom and you're acting like a child because of it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back