Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
[QUOTE="Unknown Falling]He just walked in mistaking it for a average bar. Truly he is the master of infiltration.

[/QUOTE]
or a master of not giving fvcks. hahah :D

Colt556 said:
Procrastination + new game = very difficult to actually make up posts.
Also, Mitch, those barriers allow oxygen through right? Because if not both Hibiki and Tanari are fucked.
Yeah. They do. Oxygen isn't magical, so, :P

@Kyuubey

Sorry, am super sleepy right now. Spent the entire day running around doing the stuff necessary to accept a job and now I'm beat. I'll post first thing in the morning when I wake up.

Plus, it's a feels post and I want to be my most alert when I write it :D

@Mitchs98

So I did in fact compile a numerical list of all magics on the Fairy Tail wiki. Thing is, it's in alphabetical order and each magic has an equal chance of being obtained. There are 190 schools alone. That's 190 values to consider, without taking into account their constituent spells. Thus, I've made it so that each magic listed has an equal chance of being obtained, the hope being that the sheer quantity of schools will mitigate the potential unbalancing. So no crits, and no modifiers. No second rolls unless I use Chaotic Mimicry again. Making a proper d20 system is almost impossible with this many values, and having them work like this fits the Arcane School's randomness. Arcane particles are inherently chaotic and random, they don't care if a magic is too powerful or hard to control. It's not especially hard to get them to do something, it's hard to get them to do a specific thing.

For the Slayer magics, I might have it so that I only have one spell from each, but have the ability to eat that element always. For the magics that don't have any individual spells (like Muscle Speak or Katsu), no second roll is necessary. I didn't factor in extra rolls to my latest post, but for the future I think I'll make a second roll for individual spells when I get an applicable school.

What do you think of this?

Last edited by a moderator:
HuorSpinks said:
@Kyuubey
The feels... my heart... -melts-
HuorSpinks said:
@Kyuubey
Sorry, am super sleepy right now. Spent the entire day running around doing the stuff necessary to accept a job and now I'm beat. I'll post first thing in the morning when I wake up.

Plus, it's a feels post and I want to be my most alert when I write it :D
Sounds wonderful! Take your time dear. I hope you sleep well~ And don't forget to let me know how all the job stuff is going for you!

Genon said:
@Mitchs98
So I did in fact compile a numerical list of all magics on the Fairy Tail wiki. Thing is, it's in alphabetical order and each magic has an equal chance of being obtained. There are 190 schools alone. That's 190 values to consider, without taking into account their constituent spells. Thus, I've made it so that each magic listed has an equal chance of being obtained, the hope being that the sheer quantity of schools will mitigate the potential unbalancing. So no crits, and no modifiers. No second rolls unless I use Chaotic Mimicry again. Making a proper d20 system is almost impossible with this many values, and having them work like this fits the Arcane School's randomness. Arcane particles are inherently chaotic and random, they don't care if a magic is too powerful or hard to control. It's not especially hard to get them to do something, it's hard to get them to do a specific thing.

For the Slayer magics, I might have it so that I only have one spell from each, but have the ability to eat that element always. For the magics that don't have any individual spells (like Muscle Speak or Katsu), no second roll is necessary. I didn't factor in extra rolls to my latest post, but for the future I think I'll make a second roll for individual spells when I get an applicable school.

Uhhh..Wat. ._.? Explain it in simpler terms, pls. My brain can't brain.

Genon said:
@Mitchs98

There is actually a dice rolling framework on the site. You can even embed the rolls in your posts.

Dice Roller | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum

Mitchs98 said:
Uhhh..Wat. ._.? Explain it in simpler terms, pls. My brain can't brain.
Ok, fine. I originally wanted to make it harder for Chaotic Mimicry to give Adrian especially powerful magics, like Dragon Slayer, God Slayer, or the Black Arts. To do this, I wanted to make a dice roll system that relied on crits and things like that. Except there was a problem: There are WAY TOO MANY magics to make a typical dice roll system from it. So instead, I arranged each Magic on the wiki in the order they appeared on the screen, assigning each a value, from 1 to 190.

This means that it's now just as likely for Adrian to unlock Fire Dragon Slayer Magic as normal Fire magic or even Fairy Law, and I feel this better suits the fantasy of his magic as a chaotic force.

However, on my sheet, I wrote that Chaotic Mimicry only gives a single spell from a school. That makes it even more complex now, because I have to factor in each spell from each school, which is far more work than I want to put in, but I might do so anyway. A lot of schools don't even have any individual spells, like Katsu or Muscle Speak. I would rather not have to add a second roll for the spells, because that would involve me putting in several hours of menial work to flesh out this one spell, which is really not worth it. But if I didn't add a second roll, I would be getting the entire school every time I cast Chaotic Mimicry. However, to help make up for this, I've counted some rolls as "duds." For example, Requip does nothing without items already stored, so it's completely useless. I was asking for your approval on this and any feedback you have for me.

Rhodus said:
There is actually a dice rolling framework on the site. You can even embed the rolls in your posts.
Dice Roller | RpNation.com - Best Roleplay Forum
Yes, but I tried that and the dice roller only goes up to d100. d190 isn't possible with the integrated roller. So I've been using whatever dice roller that goes that far comes up on google.

Genon said:
Ok, fine. I originally wanted to make it harder for Chaotic Mimicry to give Adrian especially powerful magics, like Dragon Slayer, God Slayer, or the Black Arts. To do this, I wanted to make a dice roll system that relied on crits and things like that. Except there was a problem: There are WAY TOO MANY magics to make a typical dice roll system from it. So instead, I arranged each Magic on the wiki in the order they appeared on the screen, assigning each a value, from 1 to 190.
This means that it's now just as likely for Adrian to unlock Fire Dragon Slayer Magic as normal Fire magic or even Fairy Law, and I feel this better suits the fantasy of his magic as a chaotic force.

However, on my sheet, I wrote that Chaotic Mimicry only gives a single spell from a school. That makes it even more complex now, because I have to factor in each spell from each school, which is far more work than I want to put in, but I might do so anyway. A lot of schools don't even have any individual spells, like Katsu or Muscle Speak. I would rather not have to add a second roll for the spells, because that would involve me putting in several hours of menial work to flesh out this one spell, which is really not worth it. But if I didn't add a second roll, I would be getting the entire school every time I cast Chaotic Mimicry. However, to help make up for this, I've counted some rolls as "duds." For example, Requip does nothing without items already stored, so it's completely useless. I was asking for your approval on this and any feedback you have for me.

Yes, but I tried that and the dice roller only goes up to d100. d190 isn't possible with the integrated roller. So I've been using whatever dice roller that goes that far comes up on google.
From what I understand that sounds fine with me, really.

Not sure if I feel comfortable with someone just 'being able to roll and use a spell like Fairy Law'. -That- seems like too much.

Kyuubey said:
Not sure if I feel comfortable with someone just 'being able to roll and use a spell like Fairy Law'. -That- seems like too much.
Well it has just as equal a chance to get something that's utterly useless. For example, Requip is useless without having items already stored in the pocket dimension it provides, so it does nothing if he gets it. Also, it's not like he becomes perfectly skilled at the spell he gets. He just gets the knowledge necessary to use it. Also, Fairy Law is competing with 189 other magics in a single roll.

Kyuubey said:
All things considered it has a 1 in 190 chance to happen. *shrug*

@Kyuubey

Also, another thing to keep in mind is that the knowledge gained by Chaotic Mimicry completely disappears at the end of the battle it's used in. He'd have to roll again in the next battle.

Mitchs98 said:
All things considered it has a 1 in 190 chance to happen. *shrug*
I still don't agree. Especially since if it's a 100 years from now; there would be nobody to have learned that spell from besides Mavis.

It's supposed to be a sacred and guarded spell. And one of the three legendary spells of Fairy Tail. I don't see a regular classed Mage being able to use it unles it's bestowed upon them.

Kyuubey said:
I still don't agree. Especially since if it's a 100 years from now; there would be nobody to have learned that spell from besides Mavis.
Arcane particles constantly try to become other types of magic. That includes Fairy Law.

Genon said:
Arcane particles constantly try to become other types of magic. That includes Fairy Law.
I don't agree with a regular classed Mage just being able to use something so powerful. That's all.

Kyuubey said:
Kyuubey said:
It's supposed to be a sacred and guarded spell. And one of the three legendary spells of Fairy Tail. I don't see a regular classed Mage being able to use it unles it's bestowed upon them.
Ehhh. Point taken. Everything else is fine, just remove Fairy Law @Genon . I would say you could just weaken it severely, but it wouldn't really be worth using if you did.

Kyuubey said:
I don't agree with a regular classed Mage just being able to use something so powerful. That's all.
Maybe it drains as much magic power as Hellstorm. It's not like Fairy Law isn't a huge energy guzzler.

Colt556 said:
Procrastination + new game = very difficult to actually make up posts.
Also, Mitch, those barriers allow oxygen through right? Because if not both Hibiki and Tanari are fucked.
What game did you get? The Division?

Mitchs98 said:
Ehhh. Point taken. Everything else is fine, just remove Fairy Law @Genon . I would say you could just weaken it severely, but it wouldn't really be worth using if you did.
I'll go along with it, only because doing otherwise could be game-breaking if it actually happens, which is incredibly unlikely anyway.

Genon said:
Maybe it drains as much magic power as Hellstorm. It's not like Fairy Law isn't a huge energy guzzler.
I stand by what I said. Your character used Hellstorm and is still going in the fight so... I don't think so. Your character shouldn't even have enough magical power to actually complete and wield any of the rare legendary magics such as Fairy Law. O:

@Mitchs98

On second thought, it's worth considering that spells like Fairy Law and Grimoire Law are like critical successes in this case. It's far more likely that I'll get a middling or non-cheap spell, and if I roll a crit success in a d20 RP, it's the same thing.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back