Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mitchs98 said:
You made a Fandom, of a fandom. Genius... Are you sure you don't want a second IC tab here instead so you can keep junk canon?
Honestly, I prefer it this way. I never intended for it to be canon anyway, especially because the festival is going on at the same time.

Mitchs98 said:
You made a Fandom, of a fandom. Genius... Are you sure you don't want a second IC tab here instead so you can keep junk canon?
Doing that would mean deleting the other thread... But it didn't take much to make. It depends on Genon and friends.

@Mitchs98

By the way, I kind of want to up Adrian to an A-rank. This is mostly because he's not especially incompetent or weak compared to the other wizards. I never really designed him that way. I picked B-rank because there were a lot of Fairy Tail A-ranks and there were only a few B-ranks. But, seeing as he's not actually that weak, I think he could probably get away with an A-ranking. Is that OK?

Genon said:
@Mitchs98
By the way, I kind of want to up Adrian to an A-rank. This is mostly because he's not especially incompetent or weak compared to the other wizards. I never really designed him that way. I picked B-rank because there were a lot of Fairy Tail A-ranks and there were only a few B-ranks. But, seeing as he's not actually that weak, I think he could probably get away with an A-ranking. Is that OK?
Eh. Go ahead, I guess.

Genon said:
@Mitchs98
Quite a lot of the A-Ranks have said they could top an S-Class (such as Alfie) but choose not to. Why not do something like that?

Genon said:
Yeah, the idea was that Adrian didn't get a higher ranking because of Arcane Magic's extreme danger if improperly handled. However, I think that that could also work to my advantage. It takes a lot of skill even to use Arcane Magic, because the arcane particles continually try to "differentiate" into other types of magic. In order to manipulate arcane particles, you have to constantly suppress them with your own magic power. And if you don't keep them under control...let's just say getting your face melted off would be extremely lucky.
Thus, even being able to call himself an Arcane Wizard inherently confers prestige, and it's even more incredible that a newbie managed to pick it up. Most Arcane Wizards already knew another school of magic before they began learning.

In fact, I'm thinking of having Adrian pick up another, more dependable school of magic. What's the rule on learning new types of magic @Mitchs98?
I'm..not entirely sure how it worked in the show and I'd rather not take time to figure it out here, myself. Too busy with other things I've been neglecting.

Genon said:
Yeah, the idea was that Adrian didn't get a higher ranking because of Arcane Magic's extreme danger if improperly handled. However, I think that that could also work to my advantage. It takes a lot of skill even to use Arcane Magic, because the arcane particles continually try to "differentiate" into other types of magic. In order to manipulate arcane particles, you have to constantly suppress them with your own magic power. And if you don't keep them under control...let's just say getting your face melted off would be extremely lucky.
Thus, even being able to call himself an Arcane Wizard inherently confers prestige, and it's even more incredible that a newbie managed to pick it up. Most Arcane Wizards already knew another school of magic before they began learning.

In fact, I'm thinking of having Adrian pick up another, more dependable school of magic. What's the rule on learning new types of magic @Mitchs98?

EDIT: So yeah, what I'm saying is that the extra effort required could have netted him an A-rank.
I was gonna suggest Alfie teaching Adrian his real magic, but a. spoilers, b. it isn't dependable, and c. there are reasons only Alfie can use it at all.

Genon said:

EDIT: So yeah, what I'm saying is that the extra effort required could have netted him an A-rank.
Magic, as far as I can tell from the show, isn't something easily learned and people spend years getting to where they are. I don't think a single character, be it main or side, ever learned a new magic in the entire running of the show.

Colt556 said:
Magic, as far as I can tell from the show, isn't something easily learned and people spend years getting to where they are. I don't think a single character, be it main or side, ever learned a new magic in the entire running of the show.
This is a fandom, and who knows? After a hundred years and magic being re-introduced, some types of magics might be a lot easier and quicker to learn.

Colt556 said:
Correct, no one has learned a new type of magic

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]This is a fandom, and who knows? After a hundred years and magic being re-introduced, some types of magics might be a lot easier and quicker to learn.

[/QUOTE]
Fandom or not people shouldn't just willy nilly learn new magic. I mean obviously you CAN learn new magic, as many characters had multiple types of magic and many characters in this very rp have multiple types of magic.

The point I was making is that learning magic takes a lot of time, and as such if you started learning it in RP it would NEVER come into play unless we had a multi-year time skip.

Colt556 said:
Fandom or not people shouldn't just willy nilly learn new magic. I mean obviously you CAN learn new magic, as many characters had multiple types of magic and many characters in this very rp have multiple types of magic.
The point I was making is that learning magic takes a lot of time, and as such if you started learning it in RP it would NEVER come into play unless we had a multi-year time skip.
What about Kelica? She was able to learn partial takeover in a few minutes. Well, that's actually something... Maybe learning magic can connect into what one already knows, enabling one to learn even quicker? Because experience?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back