Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Zuka said:
Can only dream to dream Eh? She doesn't know Sora or Clair will be in it yet, she still has time to make a fast retreat before it starts.
Also @Mitchs98 how are you going to judge it in RP?
@Zuka Mitche's gonna use his imagination if you know what I mean :D

Zuka said:
Can only dream to dream Eh? She doesn't know Sora or Clair will be in it yet, she still has time to make a fast retreat before it starts.
Also @Mitchs98 how are you going to judge it in RP?
That aside I plan to have NPC judges. Lol.

Colt556 said:
I never bothered to give it any thought. I'm operating entirely on the principle that Gilad will fucking demolish any character that tried to fight him. A Jura/Makarov type situation where even if they may be wizard saints, the gap is still huge.
I personally thought that Gilad was No.1 tbh, top dog.

But on another note I don't think anyone is silly enough to try Gilad xD

I really want Valken and Millie run into Kelica, Chris and Sabrina while Chris is in fisty cuffs, and Valken challenges him to a fist fight as well. Mano a mano

@Kayzo @Isune

LeSoraAmari said:
I personally thought that Gilad was No.1 tbh, top dog.
But on another note I don't think anyone is silly enough to try Gilad xD
If it was up to me, knowing what I know about Fairy Tail. Gilad would be the only saint in the top 4, as the top 4 saints (granted, this was for those specific saints and not in a general sense) were regarded as so powerful they weren't even human. Even then I'm not sure I'd have Gilad in those four. Claire and Maya would be fairly low on the totem poll, basically Jura-tier when Jura first showed up. Sasuke, given what he's approved to be, I can see being mid-way up the latter, think magic games arc Jura. Wizard saints are stupidly strong in general and aren't something your normal character should be. Couple that with the fact that Jura is, quite literally, the only saint ever shown to be a member of a guild and that's even more reason why I think the guild-member saints should be fairly low ranking. Your top tier wizard saints are old, experienced, and exceptionally powerful.

Basically, I'm of the mind that 'real' characters shouldn't be that strong. Gilad is playing the role of Makarov, essentially. Super strong but he doesn't really do anything beyond his few cool moments, he isn't one of the main characters. I call him a plot device for a reason. But Claire, Sasuke, and Maya are actual legitimate characters and as such they should be relatively in synch with the other characters in terms of power level. I mean, it would be like having Gildarts running around with Grey, Natsu, Erza, Lucy, and Wendy. They would all be entirely useless since Gildarts alone could solve every single issue because the power gap is just that extreme.

Some power gap is fine, Erza is stronger than the rest of the group, but it isn't THAT drastic and all of them can pull through in a pinch. That's why I, personally, see Claire more in an Erza sense. Sure she might be stronger than the other fairy tail guys but not by that much, otherwise it ruins the RP for others as Claire could just win every fight by herself. Same for Maya, or Sasuke for that matter. For them to participate along side other characters they need to be comparable in strength to other characters.

TL;DR non-plot device characters shouldn't be stupidly strong otherwise they overshadow everyone else.

Colt556 said:
If it was up to me, knowing what I know about Fairy Tail. Gilad would be the only saint in the top 4, as the top 4 saints (granted, this was for those specific saints and not in a general sense) were regarded as so powerful they weren't even human. Even then I'm not sure I'd have Gilad in those four. Claire and Maya would be fairly low on the totem poll, basically Jura-tier when Jura first showed up. Sasuke, given what he's approved to be, I can see being mid-way up the latter, think magic games arc Jura. Wizard saints are stupidly strong in general and aren't something your normal character should be. Couple that with the fact that Jura is, quite literally, the only saint ever shown to be a member of a guild and that's even more reason why I think the guild-member saints should be fairly low ranking. Your top tier wizard saints are old, experienced, and exceptionally powerful.
Basically, I'm of the mind that 'real' characters shouldn't be that strong. Gilad is playing the role of Makarov, essentially. Super strong but he doesn't really do anything beyond his few cool moments, he isn't one of the main characters. I call him a plot device for a reason. But Claire, Sasuke, and Maya are actual legitimate characters and as such they should be relatively in synch with the other characters in terms of power level. I mean, it would be like having Gildarts running around with Grey, Natsu, Erza, Lucy, and Wendy. They would all be entirely useless since Gildarts alone could solve every single issue because the power gap is just that extreme.

Some power gap is fine, Erza is stronger than the rest of the group, but it isn't THAT drastic and all of them can pull through in a pinch. That's why I, personally, see Claire more in an Erza sense. Sure she might be stronger than the other fairy tail guys but not by that much, otherwise it ruins the RP for others as Claire could just win every fight by herself. Same for Maya, or Sasuke for that matter. For them to participate along side other characters they need to be comparable in strength to other characters.

TL;DR non-plot device characters shouldn't be stupidly strong otherwise they overshadow everyone else.
Yeah, that's why I didn't put Maya as one of the Four Gods of Ishgar. Purely for the fact that their strength is near unrivalled and they are regarded as inhuman. Although there is quite a power gap between her and the other mages of the guild, I didn't want to make her that strong. The guild masters would be able to fight her, even if it's with some difficulty. And Gilad would just annihilate her like Makarov did to Jose. Maya isn't indestructible. It makes sense for Gilad to be, as you've stated. Plus he's a guild master, so it makes even more sense. I think 5th is a good rank for her anyway. Plus it was Juras rank come later on in the show (and manga) so I know how far to take things with Maya. Plus he was apart of Lamia Scale, it all makes sense to me.

Gilad is, as you've said, a plot device. I can only see you actually using him to enhance the plot instead of anything else anyway, you wouldn't have him roaming the streets constantly xD

I like Gilad anyway, he's a cool guy with an axe.

Last edited by a moderator:
LeSoraAmari said:
Yeah, that's why I didn't put Maya as one of the Four Gods of Ishgar. Purely for the fact that their strength is near unrivalled and they are regarded as inhuman. Although there is quite a power gap between her and the other mages of the guild, I didn't want to make her that strong. The guild masters would be able to fight her, even if it's with some difficulty. And Gilad would just annihilate her like Makarov did to Jose. Maya isn't indestructible. It makes sense for Gilad to be, as you've stated. Plus he's a guild master, so it makes even more sense. I think 5th is a good rank for her anyway. Plus it was Juras rank come later on in the show (and manga) so I know how far to take things with Maya. Plus he was apart of Lamia Scale, it all makes sense to me.
Gilad is, as you've said, a plot device. I can only see you actually using him to enhance the plot instead of anything else anyway, you wouldn't have him roaming the streets constantly xD

I like Gilad anyway, he's a cool guy with an axe.
Gilad's there for good old Fairy Tail fashioned asspulls. "Oh, what's that? Some big bad the main team has absolutely no hope of beating? Well would you look at that, Gilad just happened to show up in the nick of time to save you!".

When I think of Gilad I think of the Phantom Lord arc and how Jose was entirely unstoppable up until Makarov made his appearance to finish up the conflict.

Man I hate making such short replies, especially given the time between posts. But goddamnit there's only so much you can do mid-conversation.

Colt556 said:
Man I hate making such short replies, especially given the time between posts. But goddamnit there's only so much you can do mid-conversation.
Don't blame yourself, there truly is only so much that can be done mid-conversation *cries and hugs*

Br0VVGZ3ie2wrQLzFFZPz5zen5OmsGqkDwAlHalShb2oRU1BYl3mDMIMKg0448sRub6oog1oe3hmmYOV5atm7v8h1-JKWA9YJnqGfGxL9cseR6flmxT4e--iZdyjKUBJuggi8jpCJCU95Py6zb6FS5iDYvg=w500-h284-nc

@Kayzo

I can't believe I basically made Valken as Gray only with Shadow Possession, which makes Millie basically Juvia.

Which also makes it hilarious finding GIFS xD

Valken right now bring protective.

images

Time for bed. Tomorrow I must enlist the girls of Fairy Tail to forcefully crossdress Mr. Seraphim over there.

Colt556 said:
Time for bed. Tomorrow I must enlist the girls of Fairy Tail to forcefully crossdress Mr. Seraphim over there.
Cross dress?! You- You're insane! Never you will never take him!!

Neferiti said:
Cross dress?! You- You're insane! Never you will never take him!!
Now would you like PigTails, or a Ponytail.... *rubbing her hands manically*

Last edited by a moderator:
Zuka said:
*steps away having already done the deed* Alright, now which heels and coloured bikini? >:3
B- pfft I'm not falling for the same trap twice, I said never. You'll have to take me by force or something >.>

Users who are viewing this thread

Back