Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mitchs98 said:
I....Never said other people couldn't have multiple branches of magic? How is it unfair? Simply because they didn't pick them, or?
Because competence over such a large amount of magic, and a resistance to so many elements makes a character with few weaknesses

Mitchs98 said:
I....Never said other people couldn't have multiple branches of magic? How is it unfair? Simply because they didn't pick them, or?
My ---------- for example only has 1 magic type, but they are IMMENSE in their talent. I think that if you have lots of spells, you shouldn't have as much mastery in each. Makarov only knew a small amount of magic from each, Light magic being his specality and his strongest. With Requip, he knew 1. With Fire, 2? With Giant, 1. With Law, 1. Et al

Mitchs98 said:
They um. Aren't that powerful at all.
Alicia can literally smash people into the ground with boulder sized beads that fly at sanic speeds. But she's B rank and junk.

The description for it still says she can, however.

You're failing to understand things.

The spells she has listed? Those are the only ones she can use. Nothing else. No other spells are possible. I specifically told Meta this and I expect them to stick to it.

Again. Despite what a spell can do or says it does it all comes down to the strength of the user. It also comes down to it for how long they can hold out.

Take my characters.

Alicia: She can fuck you up by putting you in an oxygenless barrier, smash you into the ground with a giant flaming boulder, put a shock collar around your neck to render you useless. However. She's B Class. And thus her spells aren't that strong.

Sakura: She can quite literally draw her own personal army, including a T-Rex. However, she's weak so it doesn't last long. She could also do everything on Meta's sheeet and then some.

Alara: Paladins are some of the most OP classes in anything. I listed only a tiny fraction of what she's capable of doing. She can fuck up someones day on a whim. She is however A-Class.

Everything boils down to strength and class. Not the fancy ass list dictating what you can do.
It's not the first time this has happened though. The same thing was done with that dragon thing Meta made. It's overpowered.

The type of magic you have gives you a MAJOR advantage against opposing mage's. A fire Mage would win against an ice Mage, and a water Mage would win against a fire Mage. Metas character covers literally every single weakness that she has.

An A-Class elemental Mage that controls 7 elements, has a staff that strengthens them, as well as magical clothing that improves her control of such elements PLUS the incredible resistance to ever element she can use.

That's overpowered

Zuka said:
It's hard enough being the literal weakest Mage here. I was HOPING since I started I could have some good Character Development with Training.
At this rate Kelica will always be the weakest by a long shot. I don't want her stronger I want her to come to be level with everyone else.

What even is the point really
...Don't you have Valken? An S-class?! You made a C-class knowing full-well that everybody here would scramble for wizard saints, guild masters and S-classes so they could compete with the big boys. Given that you already have a character capable of taking on goddamn Gildarts, why are you complaining about Kelica being a weakling?

hudhouse said:
My ---------- for example only has 1 magic type, but they are IMMENSE in their talent. I think that if you have lots of spells, you shouldn't have as much mastery in each. Makarov only knew a small amount of magic from each, Light magic being his specality and his strongest. With Requip, he knew 1. With Fire, 2? With Giant, 1. With Law, 1. Et al
This

Rhodus said:
That's not the only problem we have with the the character. Even if she doesn't have power over all the elements, she has power over a lot. Which is unfair to other A classes who are limited to one, maybe two
"Unfair", unfair to who? There is no rule saying 'one or two magic per character'. People CHOSE to limit their characters to one or two types of magic. As Fairy Tail shows it's not exactly uncommon to know a variety of magic. When I made it so Tanari was a fire mage and nothing more I didn't care that other people would be stronger than her. Even fellow A-ranks can be stronger than her, water beats fire n such. Anyone who limited their character to a very specific niche would know they were limited and shouldn't be complaining because others don't choose to follow the same constraints. You can't choose to limit your character and then complain when others don't make the same choice, that aint right.

But there's also other factors. If this character knows all the main elements then each individual element is weaker. She simply CAN'T be as powerful as Tanari when it comes to fire because fire is literally all Tanari does, whereas Margaret has to divide her time into multiple types of magic. So in a 1v1, fire to fire, Tanari would come out ahead because she's more knowledgeable and powerful in that specific element. So if Tanari and Margaret fought, Margaret would have to utilize her flexibility as she'd simply be incapable of beating Tanari in raw power.

It's really no different from what I did with my newest character. It's flexibility and utility against raw power. Most characters in this RP chose raw power, they chose one school of magic and devoted everything they had to that one school. Other characters choosing versatility isn't unfair, it's just another aspect that you have to work with.

LeSoraAmari said:
It's not the first time this has happened though. The same thing was done with that dragon thing Meta made. It's overpowered.
The type of magic you have gives you a MAJOR advantage against opposing mage's. A fire Mage would win against an ice Mage, and a water Mage would win against a fire Mage. Metas character covers literally every single weakness that she has.

An A-Class elemental Mage that controls 7 elements, has a staff that strengthens them, as well as magical clothing that improves her control of such elements PLUS the incredible resistance to ever element she can use.

That's overpowered
7???

LeSoraAmari said:
That's exactly our point. Your character has one magical type, this has over 6.
Makarov was a Wizard Saint and GM of Fairy Tail, his strength is explainable.
I am saying that Makarov even though he has all of those, his strength is only in TWO of them! Giant and Light, the rest are below his rank in strength. He relied on his fight against Hades with only Giant and Light techniques. Fairy Law is the ONLY Exception to this.

[QUOTE="Solemn Jester]This is gonna go one for a while isn't it?(-n-)

[/QUOTE]
Probs. I have to go to bed soon, so I am wondering!

Colt556 said:
"Unfair", unfair to who? There is no rule saying 'one or two magic per character'. People CHOSE to limit their characters to one or two types of magic. As Fairy Tail shows it's not exactly uncommon to know a variety of magic. When I made it so Tanari was a fire mage and nothing more I didn't care that other people would be stronger than her. Even fellow A-ranks can be stronger than her, water beats fire n such. Anyone who limited their character to a very specific niche would know they were limited and shouldn't be complaining because others don't choose to follow the same constraints. You can't choose to limit your character and then complain when others don't make the same choice, that aint right.
But there's also other factors. If this character knows all the main elements then each individual element is weaker. She simply CAN'T be as powerful as Tanari when it comes to fire because fire is literally all Tanari does, whereas Margaret has to divide her time into multiple types of magic. So in a 1v1, fire to fire, Tanari would come out ahead because she's more knowledgeable and powerful in that specific element. So if Tanari and Margaret fought, Margaret would have to utilize her flexibility as she'd simply be incapable of beating Tanari in raw power.

It's really no different from what I did with my newest character. It's flexibility and utility against raw power. Most characters in this RP chose raw power, they chose one school of magic and devoted everything they had to that one school. Other characters choosing versatility isn't unfair, it's just another aspect that you have to work with.
POINT EXACTLY

Rhodus said:
Because competence over such a large amount of magic, and a resistance to so many elements makes a character with few weaknesses
LeSoraAmari said:

That's overpowered
Valid points.

Would it perhaps be better if @Happy Red Mage removed the resistance and the extra items?

I personally don't see how having minor mastery of multiple branches of magic is OP, at all really. They might be able to counter other elements to a degree, but they won't be countering every possible thing. If anything this only makes them weaker when fighting specific elements as they'd be rather weak in all aspects and have to decide whether to go defensive or risk going offensive.

hudhouse said:
The point is the thrill of the RP! Who cares if you win battles, and who cares how strong you are? All it is is just stats, if you truly enjoy an RP and your character, then fighting shouldn't matter in the slightest! Why not try to fight with words and dancing instead of just fisticuffs? Why not try to show more sides of your character and keep on developing them? The fun is exploring and building a character in a strange world and trying to make them not only fit but thrive there, making them a living, breathing thing that intrigues others into figuring out how you made it tick! How your love and creativity has blossomed into a vibrant show of personality and essence!
Don't you dare.

I have been in this RP since Jan and was the first C-class and still only C-class. Kelica is constantly belittled for her weak magic, which is fine. She hasn't been able to excel due to IC only a month passing. That's fine. She is a support, everything I have done is literally nothing to do with Fighting. Why bother when she can be destroyed with a single attack.

But i constantly have Kelica being belittled and frankly I'm getting real tired of it. I can suddenly say I KNOW I'VE RPED SINCE JAN BUT, YOLO I UPDATED HER CS SHE IS AN A-RANK WITH MASS ELEMENTS.

This is just another thing to add to the growing Rank structure I'm starting to seriously detest. The same Ranking system @Colt556 complains on a daily basis, but then defends on the same breath as a justification for this new character?

Seriously as I said Im getting real tired and I've got other rps to entertain myself if it annoys me. I have no problems having kelica/valken die.

So rant over.

hudhouse said:
I am saying that Makarov even though he has all of those, his strength is only in TWO of them! Giant and Light, the rest are below his rank in strength. He relied on his fight against Hades with only Giant and Light techniques. Fairy Law is the ONLY Exception to this.
I know and I agree with you, xD

[QUOTE="Happy Red Mage]7???

[/QUOTE]
Before you edited things, I counted 7.

[QUOTE="Solemn Jester]I have no opinion on the matter :3

[/QUOTE]
Im trying to stay out of it, but theres this itch to present and argument for both sides.

Zuka said:
It's hard enough being the literal weakest Mage here. I was HOPING since I started I could have some good Character Development with Training.
At this rate Kelica will always be the weakest by a long shot. I don't want her stronger I want her to come to be level with everyone else.

What even is the point really
Eias is in play too, she's slightly stronger then Kelcia but is taken down with a few attacks.

Colt556 said:

Well, Adrian specializes in one school of magic, one that is usually quite destructive, but Chaotic Mimicry gives him somewhat of a utility bonus.

Mitchs98 said:
Valid points.
Would it perhaps be better if @Happy Red Mage removed the resistance and the extra items?

I personally don't see how having minor mastery of multiple branches of magic is OP, at all really. They might be able to counter other elements to a degree, but they won't be countering every possible thing. If anything this only makes them weaker when fighting specific elements as they'd be rather weak in all aspects and have to decide whether to go defensive or risk going offensive.
The character just shouldn't have control over that many elements.

I mean, after editing it's now been added into it that you can't bloody negate the magic.

etc.):

Legendary Natural Elemental Mastery: This magic allows her to perform incredible feats of elemental magic, they have reduced cast time and adding an unpredictable edge to her, sometimes switches elements randomly. This magic covers fire, water, earth, air and lighting. In exchange however, she can only dictate where her spells or who her spells target, she can't make them weaker. She also has precedence over her magic, prevent others for hijacking her spells, including negation. It also gives her incredible elemental resistance.

Mitchs98 said:
Valid points.

I can make it so she's resistant to her own attacks. I can remove the items.

Mitchs98 said:
Valid points.

The key word there is "minor" . From her CS it is implied that she has more than a minor knowledge and skill with the elements she uses

purplepanda288 said:
Im trying to stay out of it, but theres this itch to present and argument for both sides.
Eias is in play too, she's slightly stronger then Kelcia but is taken down with a few attacks.
Same

Actually, for a very specific point, I tried to make a weird thread race based off of "Earth Grudge Fear' from Naruto.

Their special was they could only copy spells and steal Ethernano from foes since they weren't considered alive and couldn't generate it. I could only copy at most 3 spells at A rank when I was speaking with Mitch.

Then this one comes around, with all of these spells and strength which the description makes sound a lot stronger than they are.

Plus, my original guy Khaos had only 2 magic (Which I admit.. OP. Explosion and Take Over) but in sheer numbers, he had a lot less and was still removed.

I am just saying I do not see a consistency.

LeSoraAmari said:
The character just shouldn't have control over that many elements.
I mean, after editing it's now been added into it that you can't bloody negate the magic.

etc.):

Legendary Natural Elemental Mastery: This magic allows her to perform incredible feats of elemental magic, they have reduced cast time and adding an unpredictable edge to her, sometimes switches elements randomly. This magic covers fire, water, earth, air and lighting. In exchange however, she can only dictate where her spells or who her spells target, she can't make them weaker. She also has precedence over her magic, prevent others for hijacking her spells, including negation. It also gives her incredible elemental resistance.
Wat.

@Happy Red Mage This is not ok, whatsoever. I did not approve this at all. And quite frankly I dislike surprise edits on approved sheets.

I think everyone would be happier if you lowered it to base elements and removed the items and resistance, period.

I also refuse to allow your magic to be unable to be neglected or harnessed by other wielders of the magic class.

Rhodus said:
The key word there is "minor" . From her CS it is implied that she has more than a minor knowledge and skill with the elements she uses
Is this due to the fact it says 'Legendary Mastery'? I could label a fork legendary and it'd still be a fork. But that's not what concerns me at the moment.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back