Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Mitchs98 said:
How, realistically, is she OP? SHe's an elemental mage with one or two spells per element? I'm not really understanding how it's that OP here at all. Please don't overreact about this.
One or two very powerful spells per element

Mitchs98 said:
I....I'll be honest and say I didn't read the portion about it giving her resistance.
She's also only supposed to be able to use the elements listed and not everything in exsistance.
But she is only using the elements listed and not everything in existence?

Zuka said:
Seriously if Shit like that is accepted I'm leaving and leaving you to your OP fucking magic games idiocy.
Why bother even having a C-rank or a rank at all. GM battle I don't care.
You're getting too worked up over this. It's not even uncommon in fairy tail for people to have a variety of magic. I mean fuck, have you seen the list of what Makarov can do?

Fairy Law

Fire Magic

Ice Magic

Light Magic

Maximum Defense Seal

Spatial Magic (Requip)

Giant

Wind Magic

Dispel

Telepathy

Meanwhile this Margaret character can use Fire Magic, Ice Magic, Lightning Magic, Earth magic, and Wind Magic. The only reason you're throwing a fuss and acting like it's OP is because they listed out individual spells which make it look far more impressive than it actually is. They know like 5 types of magic. There's a LOT of characters in Fairy Tail that know as many if not more types of magic. How many types of magic you know doesn't dictate their power, it dictates your versatility. She could know every element and it wouldn't matter, she's still an A-rank.

Mitchs98 said:
I....I'll be honest and say I didn't read the portion about it giving her resistance.
She's also only supposed to be able to use the elements listed and not everything in exsistance.
If you've accepted the character then I can't argue against your decision, you're the GM and I respect that, as you know.

But just listing a few spells is literally just that- it's just a few spells she can use, elemental magic is extremely flexible. I feel like it needs to be nurfed, and considerably. But it's your decision, and I won't argue against what you've decided.

I just think this character is far too much, that's all.

EDIT: It's far too overpowered, characters like Makarov and Natsu have reasons behind their powers. This character is meant to be just a simple A-Class, but by the looks of things, it could slaughter thousands.

Last edited by a moderator:
[QUOTE="Happy Red Mage]That are A-Rank in strength.

[/QUOTE]
I disagree

"Spell List:

Greater Fire Ball: Like a fire ball,only much stronger.

Scorched Earth: The area she chooses burns in fire, this often leaves collateral damage in ashes.

Magma Tsunami: Conjures a tsunami made of lava

Arctic Hydroblast: Blasts an area with a large and powerful stream of ice water, has a chance of freezing those caught.

Glacial Prison: Encases target in ice, preventing them from being harmed.

Blizzard: Summons a blizzard into an area dealing damage to those caught in it's area. Those at the center are frozen.

Spike Wave: Disrupts the earth with a wave of rock spikes what shoot skyward.

Hard Wall: Makes a hard wall, a very hard wall.

Earthquake: Pretty self explanatory, only it also deals damage.

Wind Cutter: Peppers an area with large amounts of tiny wind blades.

Flying: duh.

Tornado: Makes a tornado, deals damage with it.

Lightning Bolt: Shoots lightning.

Storm Cannon: Shoots large amounts of lightning.

Jupiter Lightning: Smites an area with unholy amounts of lightning"

LeSoraAmari said:
If you've accepted the character then I can't argue against your decision, you're the GM and I respect that, as you know.
But just listing a few spells is literally just that- it's just a few spells she can use, elemental magic is extremely flexible. I feel like it needs to be nurfed, and considerably. But it's your decision, and I won't argue against what you've decided.

This is actually the nerfed version of her. Her original concept was that she was able to free form and improvise spells but Mitchs talked me out of it.

It's hard enough being the literal weakest Mage here. I was HOPING since I started I could have some good Character Development with Training.

At this rate Kelica will always be the weakest by a long shot. I don't want her stronger I want her to come to be level with everyone else.

What even is the point really

LeSoraAmari said:
Ooooo~
I mean, your character most likely would be a plot device so it'd be somewhat acceptable. But I know you don't go OP anyway so you don't have to worry :3
Oh, no, this character is incredibly overpowered. Like, her most powerful spell will literally decimate a city and a half. Her body is untouchable--poking her will fucking melt you hand. Her heart is so dense that shit floats around her like a moon would a planet. Magnetism is legit the only way to stop her from doing anything, and even then you won't kill her with it.

Her only nerf is how incredibly slow she is. She can communicate normally through telepathy, but moving her hands to be able to even cast her spells takes a few minutes.

Which is why I'm glad you guys had this discussion. If she's not solely a plot device, she's not anything. :3

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Oh, no, this character is incredibly overpowered. Like, her most powerful spell will literally decimate a city and a half. Her body is untouchable--poking her will fucking melt you hand. Her heart is so dense that shit floats around her like a moon would a planet. Magnetism is legit the only way to stop her from doing anything, and even then you won't kill her with it.
Her only nerf is how incredibly slow she is. She can communicate normally through telepathy, but moving her hands to be able to even cast her spells takes a few minutes.

Which is why I'm glad you guys had this discussion. If she's not solely a plot device, she's not anything. :3

[/QUOTE]
I mean, she's a plot device to your arc and you wouldn't exactly throw her power around randomly lmao. She's a plot device, so that kinda stuff is okay.

Zuka said:
It's hard enough being the literal weakest Mage here. I was HOPING since I started I could have some good Character Development with Training.
At this rate Kelica will always be the weakest by a long shot. I don't want her stronger I want her to come to be level with everyone else.

I don't see what this new character has to do with anything. Most new characters are going to be A-rank so obviously Kelica will be weaker than them, you chose to make her the weakest rank possible. Her catching up and becoming an A-rank is entirely irrelevant to this new A-rank character. Literally nothing's changed. Margaret is an A-rank, same strength as Tanari or Mikado or Chris or Noah or Ryu or anyone else. If Kelica was A-rank she'd be as strong against Margaret as she would be against any other A-ranked fire user.

Zuka said:

The point is the thrill of the RP! Who cares if you win battles, and who cares how strong you are? All it is is just stats, if you truly enjoy an RP and your character, then fighting shouldn't matter in the slightest! Why not try to fight with words and dancing instead of just fisticuffs? Why not try to show more sides of your character and keep on developing them? The fun is exploring and building a character in a strange world and trying to make them not only fit but thrive there, making them a living, breathing thing that intrigues others into figuring out how you made it tick! How your love and creativity has blossomed into a vibrant show of personality and essence!

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Oh, no, this character is incredibly overpowered. Like, her most powerful spell will literally decimate a city and a half. Her body is untouchable--poking her will fucking melt you hand. Her heart is so dense that shit floats around her like a moon would a planet. Magnetism is legit the only way to stop her from doing anything, and even then you won't kill her with it.

[/QUOTE]
Even then I bet she can't use every single element lmao

Colt556 said:
I don't see what this new character has to do with anything. Most new characters are going to be A-rank so obviously Kelica will be weaker than them, you chose to make her the weakest rank possible. Her catching up and becoming an A-rank is entirely irrelevant to this new A-rank character. Literally nothing's changed. Margaret is an A-rank, same strength as Tanari or Mikado or Chris or Noah or Ryu or anyone else. If Kelica was A-rank she'd be as strong against Margaret as she would be against any other A-ranked fire user.
This.

[QUOTE="Happy Red Mage]This.

[/QUOTE]
Hey Happy, want to try a spar to introduce both of our characters to the RP?

LeSoraAmari said:
I mean, she's a plot device to your arc and you wouldn't exactly throw her power around randomly lmao. She's a plot device, so that kinda stuff is okay.
I suppose so... And thanks for trusting me with something like that. :D

Ughhhhh I'm still having trouble deciding where her place will really be.

@Mitchs98 ! Help me! D:

Or not. Your choice.

LeSoraAmari said:
Even then I bet she can't use every single element lmao
Very true. :v

Rhodus said:
One or two very powerful spells per element
They um. Aren't that powerful at all.

Alicia can literally smash people into the ground with boulder sized beads that fly at sanic speeds. But she's B rank and junk.

[QUOTE="Happy Red Mage]But she is only using the elements listed and not everything in existence?

[/QUOTE]
The description for it still says she can, however.

LeSoraAmari said:

EDIT: It's far too overpowered, characters like Makarov and Natsu have reasons behind their powers. This character is meant to be just a simple A-Class, but by the looks of things, it could slaughter thousands.
You're failing to understand things.

The spells she has listed? Those are the only ones she can use. Nothing else. No other spells are possible. I specifically told Meta this and I expect them to stick to it.

Rhodus said:
I disagree
"Spell List:

Greater Fire Ball: Like a fire ball,only much stronger.

Scorched Earth: The area she chooses burns in fire, this often leaves collateral damage in ashes.

Magma Tsunami: Conjures a tsunami made of lava

Arctic Hydroblast: Blasts an area with a large and powerful stream of ice water, has a chance of freezing those caught.

Glacial Prison: Encases target in ice, preventing them from being harmed.

Blizzard: Summons a blizzard into an area dealing damage to those caught in it's area. Those at the center are frozen.

Spike Wave: Disrupts the earth with a wave of rock spikes what shoot skyward.

Hard Wall: Makes a hard wall, a very hard wall.

Earthquake: Pretty self explanatory, only it also deals damage.

Wind Cutter: Peppers an area with large amounts of tiny wind blades.

Flying: duh.

Tornado: Makes a tornado, deals damage with it.

Lightning Bolt: Shoots lightning.

Storm Cannon: Shoots large amounts of lightning.

Jupiter Lightning: Smites an area with unholy amounts of lightning"
Again. Despite what a spell can do or says it does it all comes down to the strength of the user. It also comes down to it for how long they can hold out.

Take my characters.

Alicia: She can fuck you up by putting you in an oxygenless barrier, smash you into the ground with a giant flaming boulder, put a shock collar around your neck to render you useless. However. She's B Class. And thus her spells aren't that strong.

Sakura: She can quite literally draw her own personal army, including a T-Rex. However, she's weak so it doesn't last long. She could also do everything on Meta's sheeet and then some.

Alara: Paladins are some of the most OP classes in anything. I listed only a tiny fraction of what she's capable of doing. She can fuck up someones day on a whim. She is however A-Class.

Everything boils down to strength and class. Not the fancy ass list dictating what you can do.

hudhouse said:
The point is the thrill of the RP! Who cares if you win battles, and who cares how strong you are? All it is is just stats, if you truly enjoy an RP and your character, then fighting shouldn't matter in the slightest! Why not try to fight with words and dancing instead of just fisticuffs? Why not try to show more sides of your character and keep on developing them? The fun is exploring and building a character in a strange world and trying to make them not only fit but thrive there, making them a living, breathing thing that intrigues others into figuring out how you made it tick! How your love and creativity has blossomed into a vibrant show of personality and essence!
No.

It's characters like this that literally suck the life out of roleplays. It doesn't matter which way you look at it, the character is simply overpowered. It's not going to bring any fun to it, it'll just deter people from the roleplay instead.

Being an A-Class doesn't justify the fact that she's overpowered, because it's fact.

Colt556 said:
That's not the only problem we have with the the character. Even if she doesn't have power over all the elements, she has power over a lot. Which is unfair to other A classes who are limited to one, maybe two. It would be fine if she could use many elements, but at a basic level. However, she has many elements at an expert level

Last edited by a moderator:
LeSoraAmari said:
No.
It's characters like this that literally suck the life out of roleplays. It doesn't matter which way you look at it, the character is simply overpowered. It's not going to bring any fun to it, it'll just deter people from the roleplay instead.

Being an A-Class doesn't justify the fact that she's overpowered, because it's fact.
...I was talking about Kelica...

Salt Lord]I suppose so... And thanks for trusting me with something like that. :D Ughhhhh I'm still having trouble deciding where her place will really be. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/24115-mitchs98/ said:
@Mitchs98[/URL] ! Help me! D:

Or not. Your choice.

Very true. :v
Anytime! I know you're to be trusted with that kind of stuff xD

hudhouse said:
...I was talking about Kelica...
The point still stands.

Rhodus said:
That's not the only problem we have with the the character. Even if she doesn't have power over all the elements, she has power over a lot. Which is unfair to other A classes who are limited to one, maybe two
I....Never said other people couldn't have multiple branches of magic? How is it unfair? Simply because they didn't pick them, or?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back