Fairy Tail: A Fandom OOC

4-5 Year timeskip later?

• No, gtfo.

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Do not vote for this, this is simply a thing to show I'm changing it to 2yrs k tnx

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
RIP Kelica.

1337206910250.gif.6ab4844787dfedbe00710bb7cf0b0377.gif

[media]

[/media]

[QUOTE="Abdel featherfall]So any advice for jumping into the RP?

[/QUOTE]
Wait for the next arc. :v

[QUOTE="Abdel featherfall]And when will that be?

[/QUOTE]
Dunno. I haven't been keeping up very well. Just try and have patience, because joining in the middle of a bunch of combat is eh.

Actually, I might be able to work something out that would help the both of us. Just gotta read your CS really quick.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Dunno. I haven't been keeping up very well. Just try and have patience, because joining in the middle of a bunch of combat is eh.
Actually, I might be able to work something out that would help the both of us. Just gotta read your CS really quick.

[/QUOTE]
Well I left it pretty open ended so he can be pretty much anywhere for any reason

DRANERI DONE

Any inconsistency just bear with me. It was a lot to read and visualise in my head.

1v7 ain't easy.

I do actually have a plan to keep her alive if anyone is wondering.

Just doing the usual and keeping dem Feels up.

But ChrisxKelica is so dead.

A girl just can't forgive a man who basically kills her nyeh?

Zuka said:
I do actually have a plan to keep her alive if anyone is wondering.
Just doing the usual and keeping dem Feels up.

But ChrisxKelica is so dead.

A girl just can't forgive a man who basically kills her nyeh?
I'll have my little snake heal her, if that's ok with you?

Colt556 said:
There has to be SOMETHING that stops the magic. Either he outright negates it like gilad does, or his skin is made out of some magic absorbing material and acts like a bullet proof vest and disperses the magic so it doesn't cause any real damage. SOMETHING. You can't just be immune, something has to be causing that immunity. And to know what works and what doesn't on a player-level you need to know what's causing that immunity. If you just say "it doesn't stop physical" then it doesn't stop anything except mind-altering magics. Adrien's arcane sword? Would work just fine, it's physical. Tanari's fire? Would work just fine. Millie's Telekinesis? Would work fine. So for him to be protected against more than just illusionary magic and the like there needs to be some kind of explanation for why and how he's immune. Something that would explain how some magic works while others don't.
Colt556 said:
Well I can't. I can't see anything that'd give him any sort of immunity. He isn't negating the magic so the magic is still in play when it hits him. There's no mention of him dispersing magic, which would be a form of negation anyways. From everything he's said almost all forms of magic would harm him same as anything else. If I fired some arcane beam at him it'd still damage him same as it'd damage anything else because every way of negating the damage simply isn't being applied. He would HAVE to negate the magic in some way in order to negate the damage. To negate the damage without negating the attack itself would be like stopping a gunshot wound without doing anything to stop the bullet. It simply doesn't work that way.
I never said there wasn't anything that didn't made it immune just because it is immune. That doesn't make any sense. Still I'm kind of confused why you would apply real life examples into a world about magic.

Look, I'll make this simple and clean, while adding a bit more detail to it. If you still don't understand then I don't know how to explain it to you because even
@Salt Lord and @Abdel featherfall understood what I meant.

First off, let's start with what I mean by "material" itself. As you already know that Timothy is a automaton designed with an organic metal body that is covered with an artificial skin and imitation blood. Like I said earlier, Timothy is immune to all magic except ones that have some sort of physical aspect. However that is not to say that magic isn't able to touch him. It is able to without question. Energy based magic that are able to make physical contact would only able to launch, push him around or move him at best without any visible damage. This due to the fact that the organic metal, skin and faux blood all are created with properties/molecules/particles that are able to "deflect" these magical properties upon contact however it doesn't negate or make the magical particles disappear, it's still there but it isn't able to harm him. This also applies to magic that involves pure energy control such as Magnetism magic, Telekinetic magic, etc. The energy would be there but it wouldn't be able to do anything due to its immunity. The best real life example is how coltan is extremely resistant to heat. It's there but it barely does any harm no negating stuff or whatever. Also if you want me to go into detail about how the particles are able to deflect magic...well I can't spoil all of my secrets now can I? So take it as you will.

So to simplify it, there's no magic in him that's negating the effect or anything fancy like that. It's just his body have such a high magical defense/deflect that any magic used on him is ineffective since his body is immune to it due to the properties within the materials he was built with. Got it? Good.

Secondly, the difference between what I mean by "physical" aspects and "energy" aspects. Like I said before, only magic that focuses around using physical objects/properties are able to harm him if it happens rapidly. Yes both of these are considered magic but the real difference here is that energy magic like using beams and blast are in both controlling said energy and using magic to input damage on an opponent while physical manifestation magic like re-equipping would be much more effective since there are physical aspects involved like the blade itself is physical, solid in form.

For example: using re-equip sword to slash Timothy would be much more effective than trying to use electric attacks on him.

Anything that involves a pure magical essence from elemental magic to ones that involve control such as telekinetic powers are still considered pure energy so it wouldn't work. So there's no point if it's fire, water, electric, beams, blasts, ice etc. If it's energy like magic then consider it ineffective.

Now moving on to energy physical attacks, like those involving the use of their magic to surround their hands or shape it into a imitation of physical aspect like a blade would be useless.

For example: If someone surrounded their hand in fire and used it to punch Timothy then the fire surrounding his hand would have no effect however the punch will affect him and possibly damage him if strong enough. The flames will make physical contact but it will not harm him in anyway. Same if someone was to make a blade of darkness and slashed it at Timothy, it will make physical contact but it won't harm him.

Finally, to put this to rest and finally get on with my life and enjoy this role play. Timothy's body allows magic to touch his body but not to the point where it can do some harm. Also energy magic of any kind is almost useless even including explosion magic, the explosion won't harm him but at best it will launch him due to the sheer force that the explosion produced. I already stated this in my CS.

Now to make things even more simpler, energy attacks don't do crap while magic involving control of physical items like rock magic, body enhancement magic, re-equip magic, etc can be possibly used to hurt him and maybe even kill him.

Welp, now I'm done.

EDIT: Ice magic might be able to do some damage if it's hard enough like a rock or sword but...I highly doubt that due to metal endurance.

@Zuka @Salt Lord @Isune @Genon

Last edited by a moderator:
Zareh said:
I never said there wasn't anything that didn't made it immune just because it is immune. That doesn't make any sense. Still I'm kind of confused why you would apply real life examples into a world about magic.
Look, I'll make this simple and clean, while adding a bit more detail to it. If you still don't understand then I don't know how to explain it to you because even

First off, let's start with what I mean by "material" itself. As you already know that Timothy is a automaton designed with an organic metal body that is covered with an artificial skin and imitation blood. Like I said earlier, Timothy is immune to all magic except ones that have some sort of physical aspect. However that is not to say that magic isn't able to touch him. It is able to without question. Energy based magic that are able to make physical contact would only able to launch, push him around or move him at best without any visible damage. This due to the fact that the organic metal, skin and faux blood all are created with properties/molecules/particles that are able to "deflect" these magical properties upon contact however it doesn't negate or make the magical particles disappear, it's still there but it isn't able to harm him. This also applies to magic that involves pure energy control such as Magnetism magic, Telekinetic magic, etc. The energy would be there but it wouldn't be able to do anything due to its immunity. The best real life example is how coltan is extremely resistant to heat. It's there but it barely does any harm no negating stuff or whatever. Also if you want me to go into detail about how the particles are able to deflect magic...well I can't spoil all of my secrets now can I? So take it as you will.

So to simplify it, there's no magic in him that's negating the effect or anything fancy like that. It's just his body have such a high magical defense/deflect that any magic used on him is ineffective since his body is immune to it due to the properties within the materials he was built with. Got it? Good.

Secondly, the difference between what I mean by "physical" aspects and "energy" aspects. Like I said before, only magic that focuses around using physical objects/properties are able to harm him if it happens rapidly. Yes both of these are considered magic but the real difference here is that energy magic like using beams and blast are in both controlling said energy and using magic to input damage on an opponent while physical manifestation magic like re-equipping would be much more effective since there are physical aspects involved like the blade itself is physical, solid in form.

For example: using re-equip sword to slash Timothy would be much more effective than trying to use electric attacks on him.

Anything that involves a pure magical essence from elemental magic to ones that involve control such as telekinetic powers are still considered pure energy so it wouldn't work. So there's no point if it's fire, water, electric, beams, blasts, ice etc. If it's energy like magic then consider it ineffective.

Now moving on to energy physical attacks, like those involving the use of their magic to surround their hands or shape it into a imitation of physical aspect like a blade would be useless.

For example: If someone surrounded their hand in fire and used it to punch Timothy then the fire surrounding his hand would have no effect however the punch will affect him and possibly damage him if strong enough. The flames will make physical contact but it will not harm him in anyway. Same if someone was to make a blade of darkness and slashed it at Timothy, it will make physical contact but it won't harm him.

Finally, to put this to rest and finally get on with my life and enjoy this role play. Timothy's body allows magic to touch his body but not to the point where it can do some harm. Also energy magic of any kind is almost useless even including explosion magic, the explosion won't harm him but at best it will launch him due to the sheer force that the explosion produced. I already stated this in my CS.

Now to make things even more simpler, energy attacks don't do crap while magic involving control of physical items like rock magic, body enhancement magic, re-equip magic, etc can be possibly used to hurt him and maybe even kill him.

Welp, now I'm done.

Potions?

[QUOTE="Happy Red Mage]Potions?

[/QUOTE]
Sorry Red, took me 2 hours to come up with that post. He can drink potions but the effects won't kick in.

So that includes healing potions too.

Zareh said:
Sorry Red, took me 2 hours to come up with that post. He can drink potions but the effects won't kick in.
So that includes healing potions too.
How about his spit, sweat, and blood? Are they vulnerable.

Zareh said:

Welp, now I'm done.

EDIT: Ice magic might be able to do some damage if it's hard enough like a rock or sword but...I highly doubt that due to metal endurance.

I understand, I just still think it's OP when combined with massive strength. I would have simply gone the route that he doesn't feel pain and can just rebuild himself. But I also think Wizard Saints are OP as well. But I'm not @Mitchs98 and not GM so it doesn't really matter what I think.

My characters use more then just magic (well Valken the Shadow Mage uses his daggers almost exclusively ) so he isn't unbeatable. And given Valken is agile, fast with pin point attacks he will cut his joints and weak circuitry first in a Spar :)

Zuka said:
I want to see @Isune 's response first. :)
But I'll let you know if I need the snake :)
Kelica is going to survive right? RIGHT?

Zuka said:
I understand, I just still think it's OP when combined with massive strength. I would have simply gone the route that he doesn't feel pain and can just rebuild himself. But I also think Wizard Saints are OP as well. But I'm not @Mitchs98 and not GM so it doesn't really matter what I think.
My characters use more then just magic (well Valken the Shadow Mage uses his daggers almost exclusively ) so he isn't unbeatable. And given Valken is agile, fast with pin point attacks he will cut his joints and weak circuitry first in a Spar :)
Yeah, his most exploitable weakness is his experience in battle which he has barely almost to known. Most of his fighting comes from simply experience. Plus he has no ranged attacks making him a cqc kind of fighter.

Zuka said:
Alfie'd be powerless against him seeing as how nearly all of his attacks are magic based. :o

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Alfie'd be powerless against him seeing as how nearly all of his attacks are magic based. :o

[/QUOTE]
If Timothy doesn't mess up and fling himself across the arena like a doofus.

[QUOTE="Happy Red Mage]How about his spit, sweat, and blood? Are they vulnerable.

[/QUOTE]
His blood is fake blood which means it's not real and he doesn't spit or sweat.

I already said that his vulnerabilities come from physical based combat magic.

Zareh said:
Kelica is going to survive right? RIGHT?

Yeah, his most exploitable weakness is his experience in battle which he has barely almost to known. Most of his fighting comes from simply experience. Plus he has no ranged attacks making him a cqc kind of fighter.
YES Kelica will survive.

She is a squishy support C-rank so yah.

She needs some serious training/character development after this.

[QUOTE="Salt Lord]Alfie'd be powerless against him seeing as how nearly all of his attacks are magic based. :o

[/QUOTE]
Sucks to be you! Every mage should technically possess some form of other skill to combat anti-mages really.

Or he can just avoid him lol.

@Zuka

Also don't worry, you'll soon see how not op he is when he faces a more experience combatant
xD

The hilarity is ensured!

Zuka said:
YES Kelica will survive.
She is a squishy support C-rank so yah.

She needs some serious training/character development after this.

Sucks to be you! Every mage should technically possess some form of other skill to combat anti-mages really.

Or he can just avoid him lol.
True... but it doesn't matter when you have a bodyguard. You'd be surprised at how strong Alfie and Ophelia's bond is. In fact, how do you think she got so strong in the first place? > :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back