• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ FableWood

@SilverFlight

I honestly have no clue why people get so flusturted by bees and wasps. I keep telling them: "If you keep dangling your arms at them, they'll be more likely to sting you"

There was this one girl who hadn't been stung by a wasp ever and the place where we were at was full of them. She kept saying that she didn't want to get stung by one but flapped her arms around like crazy when they got close.

Well in my case I am allergic to their stings, so I do not want to die.

And preventing a sting by avoiding them is much better for your sanity, trust me.

DawnAntalios said:
Well in my case I am allergic to their stings, so I do not want to die.
And preventing a sting by avoiding them is much better for your sanity, trust me.
Maybe. I just don't react to them and just keep doing what I'm doing. Unless I'm making quick movements, if I see a bee or a wasp I try to make slower movements. It's easier once you understand that they don't sting unless they're threatened, which is exactly what most people do. They're basically asking for it.

zCrookedz said:
wow, I never would have thought of bee's doing something other than landing, stinging, then laughing their asses of till they die.
Think about that one. How long would bees exist as a species if they stung everything in sight and died after they do? Evolution says that would be a very short-lived animal.

Bees have a very complex life history, there is no single animal that is violent when unprovoked, everything has a trigger.

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]Maybe. I just don't react to them and just keep doing what I'm doing. Unless I'm making quick movements, if I see a bee or a wasp I try to make slower movements. It's easier once you understand that they don't sting unless they're threatened, which is exactly what most people do. They're basically asking for it.

[/QUOTE]
Bees do respond to movement, but all the ones you meet are foragers and couldn't give half a rat's ass about you. They're looking for food. If you open a colony you should always move slowly, and breath slowly, if you're relaxed, they will be too, because you haven't given them a reason to attack. Best thing you can do if you find yourself near a swarm is move slow and also not kill any of them, because the alarm pheromone is released when they die, and that will eventually set them off. Its a positive feedback reaction.

SilverFlight said:
Think about that one. How long would bees exist as a species if they stung everything in sight and died after they do? Evolution says that would be a very short-lived animal.
Bees have a very complex life history, there is no single animal that is violent when unprovoked, everything has a trigger.
Exactly. Animals aren't violent by nature towards humans. We've just given them plenty of reasons to react that way over the years. I mean, some predators may attack on sight just because they see us as another animal to eat or something, but even that is really rare.

SilverFlight said:

Bees do respond to movement, but all the ones you meet are foragers and couldn't give half a rat's ass about you. They're looking for food. If you open a colony you should always move slowly, and breath slowly, if you're relaxed, they will be too, because you haven't given them a reason to attack. Best thing you can do if you find yourself near a swarm is move slow and also not kill any of them, because the alarm pheromone is released when they die, and that will eventually set them off. Its a positive feedback reaction.
giphy.gif

Mind....

blown O.o

So, Luness is officially one of the worst greeters for any scenario.

And there we have it. Sorry for the rather short post. Today was awkward.

The Sand Seas are up in the Locations tab, along with the desert city, check it out.

Peaceswore said:
I love how you guys treat the new guy xD I'll hopefully post soon~
Lucille is nothing if not hospitable...and French. ^^

SilverFlight said:
The Sand Seas are up in the Locations tab, along with the desert city, check it out.

Lucille is nothing if not hospitable...and French. ^^
Lucille is the Yin to Vinter's Yang.

[QUOTE="Aldur Forgehammer]Lucille is the Yin to Vinter's Yang.

[/QUOTE]
Indeed ^^

Ok, I'm giving up on this Lightbringer trilogy, Brent Weeks, you are a disappointment, more for the reason that the characters and plot build up are amazing...but he has no idea how to finish things. This guy is the king of anti-climax....and sexist. Oi...

I've never heard of this author before. And I've heard of a ton of authors. >.< Then again, I mostly read teen fiction and young adult fiction. Are his books more of adult ones? I read some of those kinds, but not often.

I think it falls under young adult fiction

The series I read of his was the night angel trilogy, I liked it. My friend is reading the light bringer series too. My fav. series is the sword of truth series by Terry Goodkind. I must have read all 8 books at least twice lol

Users who are viewing this thread

Back