• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy ~ FableWood ~

"Something birthed you in some fashion.." What does that even mean? Birthing requires parents.. do I have parents? To become a parent, one must mate.. Kelpies dont mate, kelpies dont even meet others of their kind, its almost a rule not to bother other kelpies, so does that mean I dont have parents? Quincy's mind was so full of jumbled, circular thoughts that she hadnt felt Alexander's entrance into it as she usually would. If I have parents, should I have been looking for them? Or if I dont, should I be sad? Do other kelpies wonder this? No.. no, I remember what it was like before I learned to behave like this, like a human.. the savageness, lack of logic, they dont wonder where they came from, only where the next meal is coming from.. She dropped her gaze, frowning at the stone of the corridor before looking up to meet his eyes again. Where did I come from? That question began to run through her mind repeatedly, blocking out all the others. But what came out of her mouth was this: "So you had parents? What were they like?" Her voice was soft and curious, not betraying her inner turmoil at all, surprisingly.

@Hel

Last edited by a moderator:
Luness finally made her way into the gardens, her mind entirely focuses on finding somewhere where she hoped nobody would find her and disturb her.

Approaching the ledge overlooking the city, the corner of Luness' mouth twitched, as she took in the sight of the beautiful city while nature was at her backside. It was almost mesmerizing. Almost.

Taking her guitar off her back along with her knapsack, which she set to the side, Luness then sat down on the ledge with her legs dangling off the edge. She propped her guitar up on her thighs while she secured the strap over her shoulder and carefully grasped the guitar before she began tuning it.

Midway through the tuning, Luness realized that it was highly likely she'd cut a string with her claws in her werecat form. Nervously glancing around herself, Luness was pleased to see nobody nearby or to hear anyone.

Taking a deep breath, Luness then closed her eyes and shifted into her human form, the bandages on her body becoming a mess in the process. Huffing in annoyance with this, and deciding she no longer needed the bandages, Luness carefully removed all of them and then stowed them away in her knapsack. She could always get rid of them later on.

Returning her attention to her guitar, Luness then went through tuning each of the strings, the melodious sound from the fine-tuned strings ringing true in her ears. Even her damaged ear could still hear and enjoy the sweet sound of a wonderfully tuned guitar.

Now that her guitar was tuned, Luness just had to decide on a song to play...and perhaps even sing. Since nobody appeared to be present, singing should be safe for her to do. After all, everyone was probably more focused on the newborn anyhow.

Finally, a song came to her mind, one that she had heard during one of her several visits to the human world a year or two ago.

Gingerly, Luness began strumming on the guitar, slowly building up to the beginning of the song. The music danced around the area, a slight breeze gliding through and seemingly carrying the music over the ledge and down to the city below.

Closing her eyes for a couple seconds while still playing her guitar and building up to the beginning of the song, Luness then softly began to sing the intro, "When the days are cold...And the cards all fold...And the saints we see...Are all made of gold."

Slowly opening her eyes now, Luness had a wistful smile on her face, as she began to sing through the rest of the song, her voice quietly, but steadily flowing around her and in the surrounding area. Her voice carried a light, and yet dark underlying tone to it, lightly touching the high-pitched notes while also dipping down low to hit the lower ones with ease and grace.

[media]
[/media]
"When your dreams all fail...And the ones we hail...Are the worst of all...And the blood’s run stale."

"I wanna hide the truth...I wanna shelter you...But with the beast inside...There’s nowhere we can hide."

"No matter what we breed...We still are made of greed...This is my kingdom come...This is my kingdom come."

"When you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide...Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide."

"At the curtain’s call, it's the last of all, when the lights fade out, all the sinners crawl."

"So they dug your grave, and the masquerade, will come calling out, at the mess you made."

"Don't wanna let you down, but I am hell bound, though this is all for you, don't wanna hide the truth."

"No matter what we breed, we still are made of greed, this is my kingdom come, this is my kingdom come. When you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide. Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide."

"They say it's what you make, I say it's up to fate, it's woven in my soul, I need to let you go."

"Your eyes, they shine so bright, I wanna save that light, I can't escape this now, unless you show me how."

"When you feel my heat, look into my eyes, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide...Don’t get too close, it’s dark inside, it’s where my demons hide, it’s where my demons hide."

Letting her voice echo for a moment at the end of the song along with the last notes on her guitar, Luness felt at peace now that she had finally had the time to make some music of her own.

Still, the lyrics she'd just sung got her thinking of Kallin and how close Luness was letting him get to her, even if they weren't that close yet. It was dangerous and Luness knew how dark and desolate her mind was.
Was it really worth it for her to keep trying to make something work that wasn't going to work in the end anyways?

Leo sat quietly in the gardens communing with the plants, his eye glowing pleasantly in the early morning sun. In his commune he pressed upon the consciousness of each plant learning about its type and small stretch of life it had. There were not many in the garden now that he had never seen before having done this several times now in the same garden. Still he enjoyed the plant life here, they all had stories of the activities of the garden. Lilly strolled into his meeting with the garden, her green eye flicking from Leo to the conscious web of life in the garden. This was their time together, and ever since the events of the night before she had kept to herself. Now in their time together she sat with him, her arms wrapped around her legs tracing her fingers over her skin it seemed that she was not used to having her old form back yet.

Almost instantly, both of them picked up on something coming through the plants networks of intertwined life. Something Leo had never heard before in the garden. He focused on the strand of life that was bringing the sound to them, which it seemed to be enjoying very much. It was a tree, which was not surprising as trees usually seemed to pick up on more detailed things unlike the simplistic flowers and grass. Leo focused on the sound and realized it was music. A beautifully sad song, its emotions seemed to resonate with tree which is why it was focusing on it. After a few moments Leo recognized the voice as Luness, and began to wonder if he should go and check on her. He began to loosen his grip with the garden, but Lilly stopped him. Looking at him she shook her head and closed her eyes listening enjoying the song. Leo went back to his conversation with the garden, but kept the tree and the song going so he could listen to it entirely.

Kallin lifted his head, the trickle of the first few notes from the guitar reaching his ears. He couldn't help himself, the beauty of the sound together with his curiosity bade him go and he followed, slowly and quietly. Wandering through the flowering garden, past fountains and fireflies and evening mist he went. Then he heard a voice and stopped, his heart constricting as he recognized it. Luness.

He stood there, listening for a moment, struggling with himself to turn around...walk away, but his will weakened under the lilting notes of the song and then...it crumbled.

Kallin approached the viewpoint, making sure to keep well-hidden. He saw her there, sitting against the backdrop of the city, her werecat form gone and in its place, the form that from the first moment he saw it, refused to leave his mind's eye.

He pressed his back to the trunk of a tree, burying his face his both hands. Her music gripped him, refused to let go...this was becoming a disaster...a wonderful, terrifying disaster.

When the music stopped and the spell was done Kallin slipped away silently, moving as fast as he could to get as far as possible, and he forced himself not to look back.

@Lioness075

The next 3 days were spent allowing the mother to recover and the baby to grow. Ward had stopped by regularly to check on them. The first time presenting Ashley with his gift;

"I started work on it a little while ago." He withdrew it from a small leather bag and unfolded it delicately. A mobile, each piece carefully carved to look like a member of their party. The dragons, ravens and the gryphon had wings that flapped lazily up and down as they swung on their cords. The little Luness was posed in mid pounce, claws outstretched, the little Leo sat cross-legged, deep in meditation with his axe strapped to his back and each human had an item or a stance that spoke of them (The Elena figure was particularly detailed). He had even quickly made a little wooden Kallin, who raised his staff while looking out from under a large pointed hat.

Ward had made sure that Trindle allowed for it to be attached to the cradle he had made.

On the third day, once Briar had made sure that Ashley was well enough she invited the mother to the square along with everyone who had been staying at the castle.

"This is a tradition normally reserved for new members of the royal family here in Branbern, but I thought, we should give the honour to your child too."

In the looming dusk she took out a paper box, open at the bottom with a tiny ring suspended on wires in its center. Ward grinned as he stood beside her and was presented with the box. He touched the ring, just lightly and it burst into a small, warm flame. The sides of the paper box were illuminated even as the hot air inside it made it float. On the paper the design could clearly be seen now; a bow to symbolize her mother and a rose, to symbolize the place of her birth.

"A lantern!" Leia cried happily, and as she said it she saw that many people in the crowd were lighting their own.

The first lantern left Briar's hands and rose up towards the heavens.

Ward looked on with a smile as slowly, the others began to float too, creating a sea of lights that appeared throughout the city.

Kallin had spent the last 3 days getting to know some of the members of his new group, though after that night he had been avoiding Luness as much as he could, feeling both guilty and afraid every time he caught sight of her.

He discovered that Ward was fantastically good at chess, but abysmal at cards. And Leia could beat the pants of anyone at a game from her world she was teaching the children of Branbern called: 'soccer'.

Briar seemed unwilling to call the meeting he had asked for. This was a time of rest she had said, and if the pace they had kept since joining was anything to go by, he was sure people needed it.

Now, as he sat in the gardens and watched the lanterns rise he felt a sense of peace settle on him...something he hadn't felt in a while. Luness' voice echoed in his mind, the song and the vision that had stayed with him since that night...and would not release him.

84b74fbeaef81a7ed1ab54aa471d2219.jpg

((I know people are immediately going to think Tangled, but this festival is actually real, comes from Thailand.))

The three days were well-spent, as the pain was slowly going away. On the final day, she was able to walk again, though it would sometimes still hurt. However, both Mother and Child were doing well and Ashley seemed to be well-accustomed to being a new Mother. All of her Friends were very happy for her and the best part was that her daughter, whom she named Lillian, recognized all of their voices, which was presumed to be picked up when she still growing inside her Mother. In particular, Lillian loved being carried by Luness, Achyls, Nyr and Elena. Between the rest of the party, Lillian has yet to get used to Ward, being scared of the Griffon, even if he was in Human Form. Unless her Mother was there, Lillian wasn't too fond of Leo, not yet at least, but she did like pulling the Guardian's whiskers. Lastly, the infant had mixed feelings on Ethan, Leia, Anya, Quincy, Malachi, Alexander and Excalibur. Not that her Mother minded that of course, because she thought that her sweet little baby girl just needed some time to adjust to everyone. She was only three days old...

Per the gifts from Ward and the rest of the party, Ashley felt extremely grateful. Lillian was probably going to be the most spoiled little girl ever, especially since she was so well loved by everyone, even the Princess herself! Especially since her little girl's birth was celebrated by the rest of the Kingdom of Branbern. As Ashley cradled her daughter, she looked up at the Lanterns, feeling blessed. As her child slept, she kissed the infant on her forehead. "Your Father would be so happy..." The young mother smiled as she thought about her husband, who had unfortunately passed away while she was pregnant. This secret alone has yet to be disclosed to the party. Though she had lost her necklace, which contained the Wedding Rings, Ashley figured she had misplaced it. However, she didn't want to lose it permanently, because it was precious to her...

For three days, Quincy privately struggled with the implications of a baby. For the most part, she was able to ignore her million questions and enjoy the tiny, squishy human. She had to admit, Lillian was extremely cute. But she had yet to hold the child as the others had, finding that even the thought of it brought on an uncomfortable mix of emotions.

She hadnt thought of a gift for the child, unaware until the others began presenting them that she should've gotten one. As the lanterns rose into the sky, she leaned over to Ashley. “She will have a whole nation of people who cherish her." With a smile at the infant, the kelpie added, “But not more than all of us, or her wonderful mother."

After tickling the baby gently on her tummy, Quincy's eyes returned to Ashley. She had a new-found adoration for the human, an inexplicable development (if she would allow herself to think about it, she would realize its because she was now a "mother," something new and enchanting to the kelpie). With a happy smile, she kissed Ashley on the cheek, the only way she could think of to show her platonic affection. "Enjoy the lanterns!" She whispered, then bounded away, headed for the lake, where she was spending most of her free time.

@Shimakage Thunder

Three days went by fairly quickly for Leo. He began working on a project in the garden most of the time. He was able to find the most important component for his project in a rare herbalist shop in the market place, and completed the project in gardens. Finally at the end of the first day Leo presented his gift to the mother and her child. A single flower, growing out a beautifully decorated pot, the had the most vibrant and unique color scheme, however it was no ordinary flower. Leo explained it was called an Everlong Rose, a very rare flower that does not grow naturally anywhere near Branbern. Its colors will change about every week or so based on the weather conditions and soil quality. Furthermore, there is a legend that accompanies the flower saying that because the growth process is so strenuous and requires so much attention, that the flower will stay bloomed as long as the person who grew it lives.

After presenting his present he spent the next few day going here and there about the castle doing a multitude of things. Restocking his satchel, sharpening his axes, polishing his mantle and other armor bits. Most of the time he was pondering thoughts on the quietness of the Darkness and its implications. However those thoughts did not last long, even more so when Nyr would come around. He did not get to spend as much time with her as he liked, but the time he was spending with her made him incredibly happy. The night of the lantern ceremony, Leo was front and center with the others lighting his lantern and watching it float off into a sea of moving starlight with the others.

The three days in Branbern were relatively peaceful but eventful nonetheless. Nyr spent her time with Ashley and Lillian who she adored and loved from her heart. Whenever Ashley permitted it she carried the infant around, telling her stories or singing her a lullaby. The little girl was quite cheerful and she looked at her giant black feathers with awe and reached out with her tiny hands to touch them. The dread raven looked after the tiny being just as if she was her own daughter and hugged her gently and held the little one close to her heart. During times like those the little girl closed her eyes and listened to the heartbeats of the raven girl who sat down with her and sang the songs of Mother Moon, the ones she listened to when she was but a baby as well. This usually soothed Lillian who - after yawning sleepily - slept in her protective arms, hopefully dreaming about joyful and sweet things.

It was time for her to make a gift of her own for the little baby and that is exactly what she did. Seeing how much the little one liked her feathers she plucked some of them and created an amulet, imbued with a small amount of power from Mother Moon. That way the girl could always have a little bit of Nyr with her and the charm would protect her in times of need. Satisfied with the gift she presented it to Ashley and the little one who - in joy - started to munch on the black fathers only to spew out some in confusion.

" They do not taste good, Lillian. " Nyr chuckled as she took the feathers from the baby's mouth and put them on her belly. The little one exclaimed in joy. " There, I will always protect you. "

Over the next three days, Luness had finally brought herself to visit the newborn again and was pleasantly surprised when Lillian was more than willing for Luness to pick her up. Though, Luness reasoned that it was merely due to her furry body and how Lillian always snuggled up to her, savoring the touch of Luness' fur. Despite the numerous scars all over Luness' body, her fur still managed to be very soft.

By the third day of their resting, Luness felt much better than she had in years, having rested better with such good company around her and with Lillian being so keen to be held by Luness. Luness still couldn't quite get used to the child being so happy to be held by her, since she had originally thought that her looks alone would've scared her, but it seemed naught.

While Luness couldn't make anything for Lillian, she did manage to find a small cat that was a stuffed animal and very soft. After bartering for it, Luness then tucked it away in her knapsack and went to deliver it.

Once she found Ashley and Lillian where the festival of lanterns was beginning, Luness waited for everything to begin and then silently approached the pair before pulling out the small stuffed animal and handing it to Lillian. Lillian instantly squealed with excitement, her eyes seemingly bugging out of her head, which Luness found highly amusing. While Lillian hugged the stuffed animal tightly, Luness quickly disappeared into the night just as fast as she had appeared to Ashley and Lillian.

Amazed by the beauty and peacefulness of the lantern festival, Luness wandered through the gardens, expertly weaving her way through to her new favorite location. Where she had sung that Demons song just a couple nights ago.

Sitting down on the ledge again with her knapsack and guitar on either side of her, Luness remained in her werecat form while she gazed up at the night sky and watched the paper lanterns gliding skyward and all around the city skies. It was truly beautiful, but Luness then thought about the fact that she was enjoying this event alone, as compared to with someone else.

Luness then recalled Kallin and how oddly he'd been acting lately. Every time she'd seen him in the past three days, he'd been careful to avoid her.

Luness couldn't understand why he would do such a thing. The odd part was that Kallin hadn't started avoiding her until she...Luness' eyes widened at the sudden realization and her face flushed at it.

Kallin must have seen and, or heard her singing that night, three days ago.

It made sense now for why he'd have been avoiding her, but now Luness began to feel irritated. She didn't appreciate anyone eavesdropping on her during such a moment. It was her most vulnerable moment and now she felt even more irritated by the fact that Kallin hadn't owned up to it and just told her what had happened.

Standing up from her spot now, Luness then donned her knapsack and guitar on her back before she inhaled deeply through her nose, attempting to find Kallin's scent.

Sure enough, she could smell him somewhere in the gardens. It seemed Luness wasn't the only one who found solace here.

Quietly walking through the gardens, passing the fountain that Luness had first really spoken with Kallin at, Luness then soon smelled that she was getting closer to Kallin's location.

Now, as she neared him, Luness could actually feel her heart beginning to race. What did he think of her now that he'd seen her human form and heard her sing?

Swallowing her nervousness, and hint of fear, Luness then rounded a corner and spotted Kallin sitting down and watching the paper lanterns rising and dipping through the night sky.

Taking a deep breath, Luness then stepped forward into the moonlit path of the gardens and said softly to Kallin, but loud enough for him to hear it, "Enjoying the view?"

@Shimakage Thunder

Ward stood with the princess and watched the lanterns rise. At this exact moment he felt that everything was perfect.

"I've taken the liberty of arranging...a safer location for the humans." Briar mentioned as she looked up with him.

"Oh? Where are we going?"

Briar turned to him with a playful smile. "Anywhere you like."

That made him curious.

It wasn't long before Briars cryptic words began to make sense. The soft whir of something familiar reached his ears.

Ward turned to the dark horizon, watching a shape soar out of the darkness. All of a sudden a bright light launched itself from the deck, illuminating the sky above...The most fantastic sight Ward had seen.

An airship, with white sails and a pale oak wood body floated slowly down towards the castle. Stray lanterns bounced harmlessly against it as it docked on the roof of the ballroom.

He couldn't believe his eyes. It had been a dream of his to travel in an airship. He was captivated by the faact that such a vessel could actually fly. His face lit up and Briar just grinned.

"Champions! Meet the 'H.M.S. Tenacity', on loan from the King of the Whispering Isles. Her captain is an old friend of Halberd's."

Enterprise_DS_Opening.jpg

Kallin nearly jumped out his his hat. He was so surprised he yelped loudly, spinning round to face her and nearly falling flat on his back.

"Skies! Don't do that--Luness!" He nearly choked. He was glad his scarf hid most of his face. Was he enjoying the view?

"Um...yes?" Her tone made him feel even more nervous. Like she wanted to talk about something. He certainly wasn't ready to do that. Then his mind began to race. Did she know he'd been listening to her sing?..spying on her? No, it wasn't like that...

No, that's pretty much exactly what it was like...he thought miserably.

"H-how about you?"

Just then something big soared over their heads. Kallin's attention was diverted for just a moment to stare in awe at the airship coming in to land.

"What in all FableWood?.."

Luness smirked at Kallin's reaction, finding it entirely amusing to watch as he whipped around so fast that she thought he'd surely fall over.

Chuckling, Luness replied smartly, "Do what? Say hello?"

It wasn't hard for Luness to hear that Kallin's tone was spiking in nervousness. That, and he smelled of anxiety. She could only wonder what had him so uptight in the moment.

Remembering that she was assuming he'd listened to her singing, Luness raised an eyebrow and was about to answer his question when some huge ship came...flying in to land nearby.

Amazed by such a contraption, as she'd never seen or heard of one before, and with how immense it was, Luness practically gaped at it before shutting her mouth to keep herself from looking like an idiot.

Hoping that Kallin would know what it was, Luness could hear his amazement in his next question, but she decided to ask him regardless, "What is that?"

@SilverFlight

Over the last three days, Anya had made an effort to avoid the new mother and baby. Not because she disliked Ashley, but rather because she disliked babies and didn't want to seem rude if she said something wrong. Honestly, she thought that newborns were ugly and a bit gross, and wanted nothing to do with them.

Now, she stood near the others and stared into the night sky as the lanterns rose, but something much more interesting caught her eye. An airship! She thought excitedly. Immediately, Anya made her way over to where Briar and Ward were, excited to learn more about it and where it was from.

"Ward! Princess!" She said, excitedly as she went over. Were her actions a bit improper? Probably, but she couldn't contain her excitement. "Did you guys see the aircraft? The literal airship?!" She asked.

For Alexander, the past three days were relatively peaceful. He spent most of his time with Quincy and his newfound brother, Malachai. They spoke about the old days, and had gone flying once or twice, out around the castle and over the surrounding countryside. He had also found the time to meet the new baby, and ashley, yet still had not been able to find a gift appropriate for them. The child didn't seem to like him much- but it also didn't seem to dislike him, which was fine with Alexander.

During the light ceremony, he had not gone outside with the others, but had made his way to the rooftop as a dragon and now lay there in human form. He, too noticed the ship as he watched the lights, and was glad that he had chosen somewhere else to lay on the roof of the castle. From his perch he could also see those sitting out in the gardens, and something else- he could have sworn he saw something approaching from north, but it was far off and he couldn't quite make out what it was.

Leo had been spending the majority of the current day in the library. His master had always told him that knowledge was power, and the castle had a treasure trove of knowledge that was at his disposal. He was deep into a book about recorded plant life from the human world when something strange passed by one of the great windows in the library. He moved over to the window and looked out, to see what appeared to be a ship passing by the castle and settling. He closed the book and returned it to its home on the book shelf before leaving the library and making his way to where the others had gathered. He walked up slowly, eyeing the vessel with impressed amusement. The design was very close to The Wizards sky ship that they had taken in OZ, however Leo hoped that this ships fate was better than the others. He stood, his arms crossed watching the boat "Well, this is an interesting enough sight."

For the past three days, Achyls had started to mind her own business again, not taking part in much group discussion after Lillian's birth. Granted, she would visit every so often and play with the child but had not done much after that. While still feeling protective over Ashley and wishing only to watch over her, she felt a strange yearning to be alone. She almost became a recluse, hiding away on the thick branches and leaf cover in the gardens. She had taken to sleeping there and so found it more comfortable than her own bed. She had taken to singing to herself a lot more, perhaps as a result of becoming more happy within herself? Or maybe it was just a part of her nature she had not until then discovered.

She watched in awe as the lanterns came rising from the sky, and she in turn blessed baby Lillian in her tongue. They danced and twisted in the sky, becoming one with the stars and heavens above. A warmth filled her heart, and she flew further up, until she could almost touch the low flying lanterns. An old song flew into her head, and she couldn't hold back the notes flowing from her mouth, echoing across the castle grounds:

[media]
[/media]
"Silver light

She turned her face up to the starlit sky

And on this night began to wonder why

She knew that soon the day would come ..."

She sang with a powerful yet delicate tone, pausing only upon seeing the flying ship. Intrigued, she cocked her head and landed upon the roof. This was the first time in three days that she had had any proper interaction with anyone. Needless to say, she felt rather out of place.

Malachai spent the next three days with his brother as much as he could while maintaining a constant presence near Ashley and Lillian . The child seemed to be taking g it's time warming up to him, but he wasn't worried. Instead, he spent the time with Alexander hunting and curing the finest leathers, gathering silks from his stash <Dragons always have a treasure stash> to finish his gift. He had woven several of his carefully picked and enchanted dragon scales along with the leather and silks into a sling for Ashley to carry the baby. It was adjustable to hold her across her back and her front. The scales made sure she was protectes, and he would be alerted to any danger she was in, and her position . The ultimate gift from a guardian, everlasting protection.

Malachai sat atop the palace roof next to Alex, marvelling at the lanterns when the airship arrived. It was not the first time he had seen one, but it was definitely the grandest he had ever seen. He smiled as it came closer and at the humans gawking staring and pointing. He looked over the ledge to see his companions, his friends as they had become. They were there helping or trying to help through his little episode of madness, and he was forever grateful. He slowly snuck a thought out to Lillian, a soft feathering touch to tickle her mind. He watched as her eyes opened wide feeling the familiar dragon. The baby girl looked around as if searching for an old friend. This was the first time since she was born that he tried to contact her in this manner. She seemed to remember the feeling of his mind from shortly before her birth, both in Wonderland and in the delivery room. He thought emotions and pictures to her, not words, and she responded with laughter and smiles. He continued to watch her as she laughed and the others gave her curious glances only smiling at her. < sorry boss at work Feel free to carry me into the next arc>

Sent from my SM-G925V using Tapatalk

@Shimakage Thunder @Hel

Nyr was happy, she just finished a playing session with Lillian and her heart was bursting with joy. She did not remember when did she feel so much happiness in her life but the little girl filled that void in. She finally took wings and flew towards the blue sky, taking countless laps around the castle of Branbern. Thoughts raced in her mind about everything had have happened to them in the past and she was grateful for everything. Without her allies, her family she would still be skulking, being lonely and forsaken. But she never had a dull moment since she had joined this band of heroes on this epic quest.

Suddenly she had spotted something in the sky. It seemed like a bird at first but she quickly realized what it truly was. The magnificent airship flew in with grace unmatched, its architecture unlike any she had seen before. While she marveled at this aerial constrict she had noticed someone on a nearby roof: a raven. Gleefully she dove down and landed near Achyls, putting her arm on the girl's shoulder.

" It is quite a sight, is it not sister? " she said, looking at the mechanical fortress. Whoever designed it must have been really clever. She then looked at the raven girl and her smile vanished. Achyls seemed to be a little down so she tightened her grip, hugging her " I am sorry that I did not keep you company in the last three days. I must admit Lillian was quite adorable, I had to play with her. "

She then looked at her more seriously, with a warm smile.

" I hope everything is all right. "

@SkywardSocks

In the middle of the lake, Quincy bobbed up as a whirring reached her ears. She looked up in time to see the great airship, and assumed it was time for them to continue on with their quests. She swam back to shore, grabbing her clothes and dressing as she returned to the castle. As she braided her hair down her back, she realized she hadnt seen Alexander in a while. He had been in the sky with Malachai a lot, and she with in lake, so even though they hadnt truly been separated in the last few days, being together had been in a distant manner. It suited her well, for that short time frame; the journeys were harder than she had thought, with no time for swimming and no readily available lakes or rivers when there was time for rest. It threw her body into havoc, and nearly constant discomfort. But, with a sudden pang, she realized she missed him. Dragon, where have you been hiding? She sent the thought out, seeking Alexander as she returned to where the others were staring up and marveling at the airship. It was absolutely magnificent. She had always admired the great ships of the sea, but hated that they disturbed the waves. This one had the beauty without the annoyance, so she was delighted.

@Hel

Achyls jumped at the feeling of Nyr's cold fingertips on her shoulder. It was as if she had forgotten how to speak to another, and she looked at her with such surprise she looked as if paralysed. She beat her wings and drew back from Nyr's touch.

"Oh...sister..." she began, blinking until her eyes return to their normal, iris-less state, "I pray you worry not,". Her tone was cold and to the point, though she hadn't wished to be harsh on Nyr, she knew her sister was just trying to show she cared.

"How is the child?" she asked, realising her tone and quickly changing the subject. She sat down on the roof, looking over at the docked vessel before her. Her wings spread around her, forming a half circle around her body as she watched the sails sway in the wind.

@DawnAntalios

Nyr's smile faded as Achyls replied to her. She sat down next to the raven girl, looking at the docking airship as well while she moved her wing around Achyls in a protective fashion. She then looked at the raven girl.

" She is. Joy and happiness is all that she experiences - but that I can not tell that about you, sister. " she sighed and looked up at the sky " I can not bear seeing you sad, sister. I feel responsible for your happiness and I want to look after you... if you allow me. " she now looked down at the citizens of Branbern who were running left and right in hurry. She smiled at them then once again looked the raven girl.

" I am so happy that you are also the daughter of Mother. " Nyr said with glee, hugging her once more " I want to make you feel that we are now family: it is a bond nobody can break. And I will do everything in my power so that you will never feel alone. This I vow. "

@SkywardSocks

Alexander smiled at Quincy's question, and leaned over to watch her as she emerged from the lake. "I've been watching the lights from the rooftop, with Malachai." He thought to her, watching. "Did you see the ship come in?"

Meanwhile, the figure from the north was growing nearer, she followed the lights to Branburn, the lantern ceremony made her journey much easier- there was a clear beacon to follow all the way there. As she arrived a bit later, the large, vibrant blue dragon landed lightly at the edge of the castle gardens. Sapphire was not sure where one could find the princess currently, but she had seen the arrival of the airship as she entered and wondered if that was where she could be found.

However, Sappire knew of an easier way to find the princess, and her mind reached out through the castle to locate Briar. She touched each one only long enough to identify them.

'Princess Briar, could you meet me in the gardens? I carry grave news and a request for help from the dragons of the Ethreal Mountains.' Sapphire sent the mental message to Briar as soon as she found her, and withdrew her presence from the princess's mind immediately, so as not to intrude further.

@SilverFlight @AnyoneInTheGardenProbably

Alexander noticed the figure land at the edge of the gardens, as Quincy was out there, and she was were his eyes always seemed to fall. He thought he recognized the form, but it had been so long since he last saw her. He leaned over and hit Malachai's shoulder, getting his attention.

"Look! Someone has come to visit, it would appear." He said to Malachai, motioning to the dragon.

@andujarprime

"Of course I did. Its amazing." She returned, smiling to herself at his prompt response. It was comforting to hear his voice in her mind. Others found the intrusion disconcerting, but having a connection to him was a safety net to her. That is, until she felt him rush out of her mind, leaving it feeling surprisingly empty. She frowned, looking up to where he was sitting. As she did, she felt a slight thud through the ground, as if something had landed. Of course, it wasnt the airship, wrong direction and it wasnt touching down. Quincy was so busy trying to figure out where the feeling had come from, she didnt feel the split-second intrusion on her mind, or if she did, subconsciously dismissed it as Alexander's attention returning fleetingly. She turned and looked in the direction it had come, catching sight of bright blue dragon scales just over the shrubbery. So thats where his attention went.. The kelpie changed direction and began walking toward the newest dragon, her curiosity getting the better of her.

Briar smiled at Anya, "its for you. The ship will be your home for the rest of your stay in Branbern. That is the fastest airship in the land, with some of the strongest magic defenses we could create. I doubt even Caraboss could find a way to catch it."

@Hel

Suddenly Briar stiffened.

"Princess?" Ward asked curiously, but the princess turned, her expression grave. "Ward, I need you to come with me. Quickly." Briar apoligized to Ashley and excused herself from the festivities, making her way to the gardens quickly. Leia watched them go, still in awe of the airship now docked on the ballroom and followed after them.

Briar found the dragon in a short time, and approached respectfully.

"What is the trouble?" She asked. It was rare to get a visit from a dragon of the Ethreal Mountains. Ward stood behind the princess, admiring the dragon's glinting scales.

@Hel

Kallin tilted his hat upwards. "Its an airship!" He had read about them, but this was his first time actually seeing one. Seeing a chance at escape he rose. "Let's get a closer look."

And with that he ran towards the castle.

@Lioness075

Achyls thought perhaps to shrug Nyr away, but she knew better. She melted into the hug, using her wings as appendages to wrap around her sister. Looking up at the raven, only then did she understand the weight of her words.

"I bear no burden, Nyr. You need not worry," a smile emerged on her face, though it was only a mirage. She turned her head from her, so as to see the others dashing beneath her. Her eyes closed and she sighed, moving a little so her legs hung over the edge of the castle roof. She contemplated taking flight for some peace and quiet, but knew she would only be followed. Instead, she remained, eyes flitting from the airship to the grass in a rhythmic pattern.

@DawnAntalios

Leo stood watching the boat as some of the others came about, chatting about various things. He continued to look over the boat, a little interested in learning more about the ship. As he aproached the vessel, he felt something strange impress on his mind. It was only a moments touch, but it was long enough for not only Leo to feel, but also Lilly. She began to raise a bit of an alarm in his mind before Leo turned from the boat and looked around. Catching the glimps of Ward and the princess leaving, Leo eyed the pare of them and took to a leasurly pace a bit behined them. Once he had reached the garden are where the new commer had landed, Leo seated himself where he could reach the gardens conciousness and kept up with the Princess and Ward as they made their way through the garden. He found where they were headed before they reached their destination, observing the new commer.

Quincy stopped short when, at a meeting of her path and another up ahead, she saw the Princess walking quickly past. But Ward and Leia were not far behind, so after a moment of consideration, she continued, joining the train of people going to the dragon. She did, however, slow her pace respectfully. She hadnt been near the Princess herself much, and still felt awkward in her presence, unsure of the formalities. The kelpie came into the dragon's view a few minutes after Briar, meekly rounding the corner and looking at the gathered beings with an uncertain expression.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back