• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Excelius: Academy of the Arcane Arts

Should it be 2 days away from winter holidays in the RP or 2 days away from Halloween?

• 2 days away from winter holidays

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • 2 days away from Halloween

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
Kazehana said:
Senpai, I understand you are trying to get me to think analytically and grow by myself, but I need you to help me to understand this! I have literally never heard anyone talk about a pot and a kettle without talking about what they're about to cook with
If you haven't figured it out by when I return I'll give another hint.

[QUOTE="Veyd Sahvoz]*continues eating pizza*

[/QUOTE]
You could, you know, do stuff if you're really not doing anything

Kazehana said:
What do you think? I'm still confused about how kitchen utensils could do anything besides hold things and conduct heat
So, typical you. Okay, here's the answer: The phrase is "Pot calling the kettle black." It's a saying used when someone says/does something hypocritical.

CoreyXIX said:
So, typical you. Okay, here's the answer: The phrase is "Pot calling the kettle black." It's a saying used when someone says/does something hypocritical.
Oh... But being a color isn't a moral standard. And the pot isn't calling the kettle out on not being able to attain said moral standard. It's just stating a fact..?

Kazehana said:
Oh... But being a color isn't a moral standard. And the pot isn't calling the kettle out on not being able to attain said moral standard. It's just stating a fact..?
The implication of the statement is that the pot is calling the kettle out for a quality that the pot itself has, making it a hypocrite.

CoreyXIX said:
The implication of the statement is that the pot is calling the kettle out for a quality that the pot itself has, making it a hypocrite.
hy·poc·ri·sy

/həˈpäkrəsē/

noun

noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

So yeah I mean that's a huge stretch, but it kinda makes sense... Honestly it would make more sense if they were referring to like "The used pot called the kettle dirty"

Kazehana said:
hy·poc·ri·sy
/həˈpäkrəsē/

noun

noun: hypocrisy; plural noun: hypocrisies

the practice of claiming to have moral standards or beliefs to which one's own behavior does not conform; pretense.

So yeah I mean that's a huge stretch, but it kinda makes sense... Honestly it would make more sense if they were referring to like "The used pot called the kettle dirty"
You know, both of them could be blackened from overuse/shoddy care. They don't have to be black by default. It's not much of a stretch if you're not extremely literal about this.

CoreyXIX said:
You know, both of them could be blackened from overuse/shoddy care. They don't have to be black by default. It's not much of a stretch if you're not extremely literal about this.
I'm sorry to have disappointed you, senpai

Kazehana said:
I'm sorry to have disappointed you, senpai
On the bright side, you didn't disappoint me badly enough for me to want a beer. That (dis)honor goes to someone else, probably forever.

CoreyXIX said:
On the bright side, you didn't disappoint me badly enough for me to want a beer. That (dis)honor goes to someone else, probably forever.
Yes! I can still make you proud :D I'll try my best!

I was under the impression we weren't using a taking turns system. i was here waiting for you to react first lol.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back