Exaltred Second Edition

ehm... wasn't that "unlucky bastard" actually Mnemon? I distinctly remember her at least being involved... and hogging the emerald thurible for herself afterwards as I recall...

... I'm hoping there will be more example Combos than in 1st ed. as well... My group has been notoriously lazy when it comes to Combo-creation.

One of the changes that I'm most interested about in 2nd ed is the way combos seem to have been changed - There hasn't been an article about it to my knowledge, but a bunch of the example charms released thus far have a key-word "Combo-OK". I think we can all agree that explicitly flagging comboable charms is a major improvement.

The interesting thing is that not all the "Combo-OK" charms we've thusfar seen have a duration of instant. There are scene long and even an indefinate duration charm with the combo-ok keyword in the material so far shown.

This is going to rock.

Fruan said:
One of the changes that I'm most interested about in 2nd ed is the way combos seem to have been changed - There hasn't been an article about it to my knowledge, but a bunch of the example charms released thus far have a key-word "Combo-OK". I think we can all agree that explicitly flagging comboable charms is a major improvement.
The interesting thing is that not all the "Combo-OK" charms we've thusfar seen have a duration of instant. There are scene long and even an indefinate duration charm with the combo-ok keyword in the material so far shown.

This is going to rock.
If they are going to make solar scene long defense charms comboable... then they are going to be truly sick.

... why not? It's of limited use anyways...

the only point of having a scene-length Charm in your Combo (for instance a defense-Charm) is to be able to instantly use it, and still be able to use other Charms in that same turn. After that, it's in effect anyhow... And it'll raise the cost of your Combo, so that's the tradeoff...

The Wyld is the order of the day.  Seems from the lexicon that White Wolf are going back to Faerie rather than Raksha once again.

Also, whoever typed it must have got their finger stuck on the 'w' key at one stage.

~FC.

They never stopped using the term Fair Folk. They just added 'Raksha'. Besides, describing them as Fair Folk in commercials is just good sense, since people (in the west, and among fans of older WW-products) have more of a connection to the term 'Fair Folk' than 'Raksha'.

I'm a bit pissed at these updates. They don't really add anything interesting now. They just seem to be rehashes of the old stuff. I just go there to check the new art, but they don't even publish the full-size images... I wish they would.   :?

Safim said:
If they are going to make solar scene long defense charms comboable... then they are going to be truly sick.
Uh... they already have those in 1st edition. Check out fivefold Bulwark Stance.

-S

Solfi said:
I'm a bit pissed at these updates. They don't really add anything interesting now.
They also don't seem to undergo ANY proof-reading at all.

-S

Solfi said:
They never stopped using the term Fair Folk. They just added 'Raksha'. Besides, describing them as Fair Folk in commercials is just good sense, since people (in the west, and among fans of older WW-products) have more of a connection to the term 'Fair Folk' than 'Raksha'.
I never said that they hadn't dropped the term 'Fair Folk', but since the release of 'Borgstrom's Nightmare', the Fair Folk were no longer known as Faerie.  That was my point.

~FC.

Stillborn said:
Safim said:
Uh... they already have those in 1st edition. Check out fivefold Bulwark Stance.

-S
But I think that is only one, and that is because it says so in the Charm text.  But if I can Combo Snake Form with Distracting Banter Method that makes minus 10 dice to hit my character.  I'll have to pick up the Abyssal Dodge charm to make it 15 dice before I make the Combo.  This could get rediculess real fast.

die Unterwelt

I'm hopeful, from this blurb, that they're calling the dead Primordials the Neverborn exclusively. A new edition is the perfect time to get rid of that "Malfeas != Malfeans" bullshit.

-S

Yeah, when I first got into it, I had the typical reaction of "Wait, these guys are named after this place and they don't live there?"

I honestly don't know what the fuck they were thinking. It's like they deliberately wanted to cause confusion.

-S

I think it was just a bit of confusion on one of the authors parts in the development of the Primordials maybe. Too many ideas, maybe someone got all confused and they tried to fix it with the Neverborn title. As you said, hopefully they'll change it.

uteck said:
Stillborn said:
Safim said:

-S
But I think that is only one, and that is because it says so in the Charm text.  But if I can Combo Snake Form with Distracting Banter Method that makes minus 10 dice to hit my character.  I'll have to pick up the Abyssal Dodge charm to make it 15 dice before I make the Combo.  This could get rediculess real fast.
Wrong on both counts. You can only make combos of charms with an instant duration. Fivefold Bulwark Stance is a Scene duration. You're probably confused casue of the type, which is reflexive. Most Scen long defenses are Simple and must be activated as the full dice action for the turn. (See: Bulwark Stance, p 166, or Flow Like Blood, pg 198)

If the new system will allow for combos of specific scene long defenses, they had better have a way what makes those few hits you'll get count a hell of a lot more.

And maybe they will. They are going for a fixed DV like nWoD, maybe damage will be automatic as well.

Quick question though...last post above was #50. Is there some place I can look at the scale for poster rank?

operations said:
Wrong on both counts. You can only make combos of charms with an instant duration. Fivefold Bulwark Stance is a Scene duration.
My bad.

-S

Users who are viewing this thread

Back