[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

I couldn't decide if I should reason with her or provoke her, so I decided to try and do both and the same time. > :)

So I'm trying to give this Lion chick an intimacy of Irrational contempt towards Siham so that whenever he comes up she starts acting erratic, thoughtless and careless. Should I be pumping a presence excellency in to this?

She's contemptuous already. Whether it is rational or not will be left to the eye of the beholder.

Shall I close the scene?

Somehow I am sensing those MM cuffs will do something to you if you try using charms. Wait until they come off.

xarvh said:
She's contemptuous already. Whether it is rational or not will be left to the eye of the beholder.
Shall I close the scene?
Yes, but I'd like for Siham to examine the prison before he actually goes in it as a precautionary. Considering his stats it shouldn't take any more than a quick glance to detect any mystical shenanigans.

cyl said:
Somehow I am sensing those MM cuffs will do something to you if you try using charms. Wait until they come off.
Considering how Charms don't actually exist in-setting and are just game abstractions for the player, I'm not too worried about that.

She'll just bring Siham at the Nexus Armory for interrogation. No cells yet.

Also, yes, Charms do actually exist in setting and their names are typically used IC, Excellencies included.

Heck, according to the Core even essence motes are IC terms.

I have a shitton of dev quotes that say otherwise. Any references to charms existing in-setting are regarded as a result of bad writing and poor writers not understanding the nature of the setting or the Exalted themselves.

Neither attack was meant to hit you, but you added that they were aiming at throat and chest, so I played along.
Ahem excuse me... 5 suxx is meant to hit.

That and

A metallic disk whistles loudly, quickly followed by another one, flying straight at Malek and Flicker's throats.
You made me think that :P

Ah yes, my bad. The throat thing was mine. You described what the discs did after not hitting you, assuming they'd fly in a straight line.

They are gyroscopic chakrams, so they can change their direction in flight.

The attack was meant to test your defenses, in fact the Alchie rolled Man+Thrown. Starmetal Alchies are good at Man. =)

Not that Malek would know it.

Last edited by a moderator:
Depending on the damage, a regular mortal could have been beheaded on the spot.

My bad with the sfx if it was unappropriate.

Yeah, I think the developers were a little off there. I'm pretty sure that, realistically, the Exalted would have come up with some name for their powers. Especially in the First Age, with magician scientists analyzing everything.

@cyl: Had you failed to parry, the attack wouldn't have hurt you. I just considered that it would have been a doable stunt with a gyro chakram.

But yeah, my explanation are irrelevant, Malek has all the right to believe that the attack was intended to be lethal.

TBH, I think my brain was just trying to avoid the issue.

I don't know how to move it.

The Manse is not dangerous in any way, and I am not especially invested in its details, so I'd leave the description of its internals to you and CI.

For its workings, and how could it actually fly in the sky, you will have to find its god.

Arynne said:
Yeah, I think the developers were a little off there. I'm pretty sure that, realistically, the Exalted would have come up with some name for their powers. Especially in the First Age, with magician scientists analyzing everything.
True, this was mentioned. Only a very small amount of charms are named in-setting, Wyld Shaping Technique being one of them. The thing is though they aren't considered spells you cast. To the exalted, they're expressions of your nature as one of the chosen, no more magical than a fish's ability to breath water or a bird's ability to fly. As a rule if you come across something mentioning manipulating a charm, it's best to just ignore it as being a product of poor writers who don't understand the setting writing dumb things.

xarvh said:
@cyl: Had you failed to parry, the attack wouldn't have hurt you. I just considered that it would have been a doable stunt with a gyro chakram.
But yeah, my explanation are irrelevant, Malek has all the right to believe that the attack was intended to be lethal.
I wasn't worried for my pc, I understood the logic of the scene which is why I tried to add to the cinematic myself.

But I'm really sorry I broke your cool gyro chakram stunt... I wasn't expecting that.

Next time I'll stunt only my defense and not the result afterwards. ;)

Yeah, no worries.

@JayTee: to be sure, I kind of dislike myself that so much mechanics are in setting. All in all 2ed seems to have been rushed out without much thought.

It just hit me -- how can Cunning Fangs use Flight of Separation at all? Wouldn't it count as a Shaping effect?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back