[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Yeah, it was. She's basically a thug masquerading as a cop who wanted an excuse to oathbind us.

I should have just had Siham cut off his hand and escape when he was first cuffed.

Even if she was just a thug, there are ways to deal with that that don't involve resorting to outright hostility.

I mean, are you intending to get us killed or just be brash and hope everything works out in your favor? You've given Argis a chance to figure out what these guys are all about and then smashed it on the floor. I'm not sure how saying 'well it was inevitable' absolves that in anyway.

Xarvh, I've been trying to think of a polite way to say this, but I can't, so I'm just going to come out and say it straight:

I don't want to deal with this plot thread or these NPCs. I want this whole thing to be shut down and go away as hard and as fast as possible. Have them all get killed off screen, have them choke on a bagel, have the whole encounter with them retroactively removed from existence, I don't care. There's already enough shit going on, I don't want to deal with these guys in addition to all the other crap.

Sorry for asking but... isn't dealing with these guys the reason you came to Nexus in the first place ?!

I do want to deal with these guys and this plot thread.

The whole point is that it's hard and things are hard out there. We came to find out what was going on and who the new movers and shakers were, but you can bet that Argis didn't have crossing them on his todo list, quite the opposite in fact. Even if they weren't perfect Cross desperately needs allies, those don't generally dangle on strings around here, nor should they.

At least let us resolve the situation at hand and if Siham wants he can return to Cross with best speed.

JayTee said:
I don't want to deal with this plot thread or these NPCs. I want this whole thing to be shut down and go away as hard and as fast as possible. Have them all get killed off screen, have them choke on a bagel, have the whole encounter with them retroactively removed from existence, I don't care. There's already enough shit going on, I don't want to deal with these guys in addition to all the other crap.
JayTee, your feelings are clear, but would you please explain why these NPCs are offensive to you?

I have my private guesses as to why, but I don't want to put words in your mouth or say something that isn't correct.

It's not that the NPCs or plotline are offensive to me in any particular way, it's the fact that there are already half a dozen NPCs and plot threads all over the place, and I'm getting really frustrated with more being piled on on top of those.

Well, the idea is that there are 600+ Celestials in Creation and 7 years ago all of the sudden they were given free range.

They are taking over, not unlike you guys have been doing for the Library, Nathir and Ankss.

This is a game about an Empire, and not the Scarlet one.

This is a game about vast shit going on.

Where else do I put these canon 600+ Celestials?

I am fine if you don't want to deal with it. Let Argis handle the situation and go back to Siham's turf, or come back with the heavy guns (ie Mirror and Flicker).

xarvh has a point. We're not the only big shots out there. If we were operating in a vacuum except for pre-designated opponents or allies who appeared one at a time, it would hardly be realistic. It would also be way too easy, given our power levels...

...if you're really sick of these people, I second the notion of sending Mirror and Flicker to handle it.

Arynne said:
...if you're really sick of these people, I second the notion of sending Mirror and Flicker to handle it.
Nexus probably being Mask's next target before Great Forks or us... I would think we need to strengthen it rather than to weaken it.

If we destroy those celestials, regardless what it may cost us, it is that much resistance that Mask will not have to handle in the future.

I just wanted to step in.

And Clap at, and Applaud in general, you folks. For keepin an RP runnin this damn long.

Jesus H Christ

Been thinking about the various scenes, and actually we're at a fairly good place to have Fangs contact Siham and tell him about the damaged manse at Ankss, and have him come out to assess things. It's a good point to swap places.

I can think of many interesting conversations to have between Mirror and the Lion, so I'm in favor of a trade of places.

Argis would have time to lay down a foundation, and then I think it'd be interesting to have Fangs & Mirror show up - not to threaten and start a war, but to actually discuss things about the state of Creation, one Circle to another.

Meanwhile, Siham gets to go nuts on repairing and restoring a First Age manse, which if done correctly, might actually give us some power to back up our claims.

I think it's a good switch.

It's a lot of work, especially for the ST and my esteemed colleagues who have the resilience to endure what he puts us through.

Me ? I'm just an exalted junkie :D

@Kacie : I would really prepare the terrain before you coming there... considering what they did to one of their own (Siham)... they might just shoot the big black soulsteel wolf on sight. I'd rather leave diplomacy to guys who don't look like sith lords :D

Also, there's still those" demon summoners killing heroes in the East" business to handle.

Actually, I agreed with Mirror and Flicker because they are among the more tactful members of the Circle most of the time, despite their lethal Charmset. :P

And yeah, that situation with the hero-killing sorcerers is preying on Flicker's mind. When she gets a chance to speak with Fangs again, she intends to ask for her help -- up to and including a blood-debt in return, if that's what it takes.

They are indeed tactful when the people in front of them remain courteous, which is not really the Lion's style apparently.

It can be done, but only with the necessary protocol followed before their arrival (see what happened to us in Two Worlds :P ), because I don't think the Lion will let an unannouced deathknight in without causing trouble.

I suggested they handle the hero-killing sorcerers mainly because they have all the right tools at their disposal, mobility, spells, demons and awesome combat prowess that no other character has.

I wouldn't send Argis + Malek alone to handle that for example, but Fangs + Mirror... I reckon the two of them should be enough.

Cyl, I'm really tired of you constantly pigeon-holing my character and saying she shouldn't do whatever the latest thing is I would like to do. Please stop doing this.

Malek is in an ongoing scene, while Fangs and Mirror's scene is coming to an end. Mirror is capable of being very tactful, and the situation that Argis and Siham is in would not faze her. She understands better than most why assurances and guarantees are needed. She is not going to drop in unannounced to this situation.

Most importantly - I'm interested in the Nexus situation, and I am not interested in the demon hunters thing.

I need to talk to Crazy Ivan and see what is next on Fangs's to-do list, because I know Fangs wants to do a long trek into the Wyld at some point. Mirror has unfinished investigations in Thorns. Somehow talking to Siham about fixing the Manse is also high on the list.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back