[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

xarvh said:
Yes, they are being very ham-fisted.
I feel better, having you acknowledge/confirm this. I think because it means we're on the same page about their approach?

Anyways, I feel strangely better now. Thanks.

They have to know this is a highly unfriendly greeting to a fellow Solar. Certainly not diplomatic in the slightest.
Their main concern is their security.

We don't know much about what happened in Nexus, but it seems a circle of Celestials took control of Nexus.

Obviously, spotting another solar who hasn't come forward to speak with them worries them and they will take the safest route to preserve their recently acquired power.

Nothing says "threat" like a solar on the loose.

But Arynne's right, they don't know Siham, so he should introduce himself at last.

Flaring the caste mark however... not such a good idea as long as you are not sure about their true nature at 100%. Any awakened can wield MMs.

If Siham states that he's not alone, has many powerful friends and possibly explain his approach (curiosity and prudence), they might treat him better.

Also, considering your social traits, lying to them is not an option. Genuine candor may take you out of this, and if it doesn't, well, the rest of us will. ;)

@JayTee : never forget to use EOPM when you're in a "familiar" environment.

As long as you don't stand out it is nearly impossible to naturally spot Siham in intellectual circles.

There's never any guarantee someone won't spot you through magical means, but it's the first step for any social scouting IMHO.

/sigh, I can't believe I have to buy an excellency to get an anti-keyword charm. Oh well, 3-6 more charms to go until I have a solid defensive suit.

EOPM wouldn't work:

JayTee said:
"It's good to know that I'm going to be working among such intelligent company" Siham announced to the crowed, drawing the attention to himself. He held his hands behind his back, stood up straight and waited for the din to die down. "When I had heard that a new academy had opened up, I couldn't help but join up."

JayTee: Cunning Fangs offers a deal. She'll paint the walls a very distinct shade of red as a solution to your problem, if you help her fix her Manse. Playing off her dislike of Solars for fun and profit! ;)

Serious OOC fluff question: The manse we're currently in was Fangs/Mirror's First Age incarnations primary residence outside the Blessed Isle?

It is not THAT close, and Agatha hid her turf very well, apparently.

@CI: it can be, you can decide.

cyl said:
So close to Agatha's turf ? Doubtful... although now I can think of a reason why it crashed :D
Keep in mind, based on the backstory, Agatha might very well have not regarded Cunning Fangs' incarnation as a threat. Solar arrogance was at the height of its power, she was a Twilight, and if she could be bothered to remember her name, it's entirely possible they had only met at salons and the like, wherein CF v. 1.0 was likely standing demurely behind her mate.

CrazyIvan said:
JayTee: Cunning Fangs offers a deal. She'll paint the walls a very distinct shade of red as a solution to your problem, if you help her fix her Manse. Playing off her dislike of Solars for fun and profit! ;)
Siham would have helped fix the Manse regardless, and actually would have considered it a gift from Fangs. If she keeps flirting with Siham like this, he's going to have to have a really awkward talk with Mirror about the possible infidelity of her Lunar Mate. ;)

Another rival to kill to get into Fangs' pants... man at this rate I'm going to do the Bronze Faction's job for them... :D

Arynne said:
Flicker and Mirror will have to console each other in a bar somewhere.
Flicker will drink alone... since Mirror will probably be the first to go away.

I thought about the "reincarnation problem", but after a while I went "heeeey... MOCP + Mouth of the Void".

Et voila, no mate, no problem ! > :)

Honestly, I don't even know why the Deathlord even bother with Deathknights, now they have the technology they could just erase the competition forever, one solar at a time.

Xarvh, fair warning, but I'm going to be rather cross if the next scene isn't a direct continuation of the previous one.

Also, on the subject of shipping, I have no plans to pair Siham up with anyone, but if I was forced to it would probably be Mirror on the grounds that they seem to be... how do I say this? The least incompatible? Something like that.

I wanted to skip the part where Siham is cuffed and brought away, but no need to be crossed, I can just reopen the Scene if you want.

That sort of implies that Siham is going to allow himself to be cuffed, I'd appreciate it, thanks.

It would be a reasonable choice to cooperate.

Plus it could be used to our advantage by argis or malek.

We could easily persuade them that keeping Siham will bring oh so much more trouble for them than his early release.

And if we wanted to push the enveloppe we could squeeze a satisfying compensation out of them for that unjust imprisonment... considering the price of making us angry, I doubt they would risk it.

Also, I am pretty sure that between his crafting skills and his stealth, Siham can get himself out of jail on his own... unless they have what it takes to hold a solar... and they know they have to hold one captive.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back