[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Dearest Mad Scientists,

It has come to my attention that Malek is missing his tongue. While this is a state of affairs I have often pondered with what can only be called fondness, I imagine it has grown tiresome. Enclosed is a specimen you might attempt to engineer out the need to breathe air in your genesis lab. It should prove an effective replacement for our wayward Eclipse, with the added benefit of mild weight loss.

I would breed one myself, but a girl has to have standards.

~ Cunning Fangs

Enclosed:
http://creepyanimals.com/wordpress/wp-content/uploads/2010/02/tongue-eating-parasite.jpg

Mine?

In case, can each of you guys just post here a brief list of your moves, so that I can get a better idea?

Kalak intends to help Argis prepare the people of Cross for the move to Mirunda, then he will be retiring to the Labs with Siham to concoct Science.

Norts said:
Kalak intends to help Argis prepare the people of Cross for the move to Mirunda, then he will be retiring to the Labs with Siham to concoct Science.
Why are you moving the people from Cross ? Cross is not currently under attack and the Juggernaut has not started to move in our direction (I doubt WITD would let Mask bring his mobile fortress near his lands anyway)

The dead pose less problems for the population now we have the anti undead defenses up, and corporal forces have to go through the jungles and go around our walls.

Also if you start moving them, you're going to need protection from exalts during the travels and on site since they will be easy preys for the Legion.

That means splitting up forces which is not a good thing when you know the kind of adversaries we are fighting.

Arynne said:
Waiting on an answer.
Waiting on me :x I'll stay up tonight until I've got the time to post promise.

cyl said:
Why are you moving the people from Cross ? Cross is not currently under attack and the Juggernaut has not started to move in our direction (I doubt WITD would let Mask bring his mobile fortress near his lands anyway)
The dead pose less problems for the population now we have the anti undead defenses up, and corporal forces have to go through the jungles and go around our walls.

Also if you start moving them, you're going to need protection from exalts during the travels and on site since they will be easy preys for the Legion.

That means splitting up forces which is not a good thing when you know the kind of adversaries we are fighting.
We are moving troops to Mirunda anyway, might as well move some civilians as well and not freak out whomever is watching about troop movements.

You'll recall that moving people to Mirunda has been in the plans for a long time. The first group will have the tiger warriors and Rhapsody at a min as protection. If Kalak goes with that group they should be pretty good as far as protection goes. The next group will have Flicker and Argis with some of Flicker's troops. Argis is thinking that Fangs can give Siham/Kalak and the bloom weapon fast transport later, though he doesn't know Fangs isn't at her tower.

You'll recall that moving people to Mirunda has been in the plans for a long time.
Rebuilding Mirunda was a priority yes.

But that was before.

Now the Crown is still out there and pressuring us regularly and much more precisely, Deathknights have anti bloom armors and rings, and mortals and isolated exalts are easy preys.

Since WITD got backed up by Mask's knights, you can expect troubles if you make a wrong move when they are watching (remember the Justicars).

I think it's better to take care of the threats first and then seize control of the land after, rather than taking chances and risk losses.

The threats (the Crown and deathknights) may also bother Tirana and block her expansion, so perhaps teaming up with Sanctuary to dispose of them might be an idea.

Kalak's people are already in Mirunda. The real driver here is access to farmland. We can't keep throwing resources at basic needs when an easier solution is so available. Besides, those people are arguably safer being away from the library.

I am - honestly, while access to an Elder Lunar is awesome, I just can't come up with anything to ask that doesn't involve time, scheming, and her plans being less in flux.

I'm good. RP'ing half wrote me into a corner in regards to asking pesky questions. Mirror wouldn't, and thus I'm having trouble with thinking of stuff. I'm fine to fast forward.

Feantari said:
Kalak's people are already in Mirunda. The real driver here is access to farmland. We can't keep throwing resources at basic needs when an easier solution is so available. Besides, those people are arguably safer being away from the library.
Acess to farmlands will not change the problems we have in Cross if the convoys holding all the food can be ambushed like the Justicars or the ships we used but failed to protect were.

The problem with out situation is neither the distances or the lack of resources, it's the high probability/risk of bad guys intervening and reducing our efforts to a 0, forcing us to compensate like hell afterwards.

There are only two things we can do to reduce the "bad guy factor":

- get rid of them, no more bad guys, no more risks

- make it abundantly clear that if they make a move they'll get hurt and probably die (ie spirits... lots of spirits !)

Last edited by a moderator:
We are going to do something about the bad guy factor. On multiple fronts even. You just want us to stick people in a hole until they are safe enough? When will they be safe enough? We don't need convoys between the cities. We just need a more sustainable distribution of population. Having some communication and defense network would be good yes, but we can't let fear determine our lives.

It's not fear, it's prudent planning. :)

The bad guys are very powerful and a single one can inflict a lot of damage on mortal populations.

Plus if you split our forces between Cross & Mirunda, I believe Cross will be more heavily guarded than Mirunda, because of what lies there (Library + Big K)... that means Mirunda will be exposed and need permanent military presence and exalted supervision which will restrict our ability to move and do something about the state of the world (although the Delegates could help with that).

Gah, we have done planned this out the wazoo. What do you want? Do you want to spend another winter with everyone in cross? Do Kalak's people not matter?

The point is that we won't need a large defensive force in Mirunda. At least not disproportionate with the people there. (And we have a good number of trained troops) Mirunda would only be a target of interest of forces against us thought they needed to invite our wrath or hurt someone's feelings. There isn't anything for them there. Malek and the Library tend to be in Cross. I see nothing wrong with stronger security there. Plenty of villages exist in creation without giant armies and exalts... At least Mirunda will have good organization, shipping options and exalt trained guards.

Guys, I might need a couple of days before I can post.

Also, I love that finally you are tackling your foreign politics issues with soldiers... =D

The point is that we won't need a large defensive force in Mirunda. At least not disproportionate with the people there. (And we have a good number of trained troops)
This is where I disagree with you.

Mirunda is much more exposed than Cross is (no jungles, breached walls, easy access by river or land), so the defensive force has to be better than what we leave in Cross.

Mirunda would only be a target of interest of forces against us thought they needed to invite our wrath or hurt someone's feelings. There isn't anything for them there. Malek and the Library tend to be in Cross. I see nothing wrong with stronger security there.
Even if the Bloom protects against the undead, it does nothing against conventional armies (which Walker is known to have) and it will surely do nothing against the Crown and its crew who will come back if we settle in Mirunda if you are to believe Kalak's master.

Whatever you do in Mirunda, you have to prepare to face the Crown again. Plan accordingly.

Plenty of villages exist in creation without giant armies and exalts...
Plenty of villages are not the subjects of prophecies, do not manage to get several deathknights killed, and do not possess the Bloom, the Primordial Patron of Essence or a First Age Library that exists outside Fate.

Cyl, all of those things apply to Cross not Mirunda. And CI is right. If we don't do things to improve the state then we are basically just sitting back and watching it fall apart or playing crazy exalt running around to provide for basic needs of people. People who are fully capable of takin care of themselves given the right resources. We all knew they needed to move to Mirunda in time to plant/harvest.

Think about it. If we weren't so busy finding food for everyone and bartering with batshit insane lunars we could have vastly improved the security of Cross and taken diplomatic stances in line with our objectives. If we don't give the people a chance with good farmland and such we are setting ourselves up for another several seasons of frantic food gathering.

I agree with Feantari. The Cross has the severe security problems, and given the diplomatic strains, trying to get a harvest in at Mirunda is worth the danger. There's a good chance the Crown will leave the people at Mirunda alone, as they won't be harboring Anathema; if Argis and/or Flicker and Deputies head up Mirunda's security, the Crown has no business there. The Crown is after the Changing Suns; they haven't seemed interested in the Lunars.

The Bloom will protect from ghost-armies.

And everything is in danger of hit'n'run from Legion. She's done a great job of pinning the Cross in and isolating it. It's a risk to put people in Mirunda, but if everyone starves in the Cross, we've done no better.

Either that, or you guys get serious about harvesting & drying that Behemoth Cancer Meat. ;)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back