[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

That's definitely an option. I do think we should finish the Genesis lab at least first. Semi-intelligent fire eating trees to defend our city would be nice too.

Ooh, and automatons. Oaktapuses to clean it too.

Um...yeah, not coming up with mad science right now.

I have to admit, the fire eating trees were more a joke on my part, but I can definitely see the appeal of them. For now though, I'd rather come up with something big and scary to match the big scary thing the Mask and any other Eastern power might decide to throw at us.

Also give it a sub routine to notice discrepancies in Fate to zap any Sidereal who gets clever ideas. Goddamn Fate Ninjas.

EDIT: Now that I think of it, there's no reason why we can't make the orbital death lasers out of a mix of Magitech and Genesis tech. A living orbital death laser system with the power of Awakened Essence could cast Terrestrial Circle Sorcery, and that's just terrifying. And awesome.

EDIT2: Also, I thought the Genesis lab was already complete. Didn't Kalek handle that?

Dear Mad Scientists:

Lame as it may sound, most battles are lost due to lack of knowledge about what the Other Guy is doing. Relay/communication throughout your Empire is super handy.

Yours,

Ye Random Dawn Tasked with trying to Protect Your Empire

Dear Mad Scientists:

From a security standpoint, you have been compromised more than once by distant scrying & attack charms. Might I suggest a system that can detect scrying and employ counter-measures based on essence type? Perhaps the essence type screening is overly complicated; instead, implement a friendly-essence-detector; any "friendly" essence (having its own resonant 'fingerprint', if you will) can pass, and otherwise the offender is cooked by essence-reflecting solar mirrors.

If said friendly-essence screen is too complex to incorporate, then warn friendlies not to scry? This way core safety is still implemented.

After all, the only way to be sure is to nuke it from orbit.

Yours,

the Awkwardly Sorta On Your Side Dusk

Well, we could each spend a post to finish the genesis lab, then I suppose we can work on other things from there.

Dear Awkward.

Your suggestion has been noted, and will be included in the Enlightened Orbital Death Lasers.

Best Regards, Mad Scientist

Norts said:
Well, we could each spend a post to finish the genesis lab, then I suppose we can work on other things from there.
Sounds like a plan to me. Two PP for the lab and two for the Death lasers :D

If you're talking about this project then you can bump the cost down to two PP. World as Workshop Technique allowed me to summon "common" ingredients in to existence, and if "wood" "leather" and "iron" don't count as common, then I don't know what is.

Plus, All that stuff (shields, armor, weapons) is resources 3 or less, so I can make it in my spare time :)

Just a heads up that my posting may be sporadic for the next week. I'm heading to my grand parents and i'm not sure of their internet capabilities.

Another wet-blanket question - I thought soul steel chains stole all essence, making it impossible to gain motes back? (Or rather, if you do get motes, they then are leeched out.)

Kacie said:
Another wet-blanket question - I thought soul steel chains stole all essence, making it impossible to gain motes back? (Or rather, if you do get motes, they then are leeched out.)
The MoCP does not steal motes, it steals wp through the compulsion and blocks access to peripheral motes.

Exalts are limited, and mortals crack.

Personal motes are not enough to make a real difference because magic can't break the locks on the chains / door, but Malek doesn't know that.

Regardless, he's going to try to get his health back first.

Kacie said:
I thought he was also chained with soul steel chains, which do drain motes?
Ach... that argument could be made... because if the chains had spiked and inflict damage on his body, then they would definitely steal motes... but then Malek would die.

However I must say I kind of prefer thinking a Deathlord leaves a solar a hint of hope and lets him rebuild part of his power, making him feel more confident, before he ruins his plans with superior magic and technology (unbreakable locks / cage) and breaks him over time.

Those guys enjoy simple pleasures :D

B M P V F are okay and you can also try to make S with a V-F sort of sound.

I've practiced it walking my dog.

People thought I was crazy.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back