[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

If one were to have suitably high conviction and suitably low compassion one might note that you have both a potential army and general.... one might devise a method of bringing the two together using the movements of a particularly bamf-y eclipse and weapons fire...

(and considering they are from lookshy there is a reasonable chance that even unequipped for battle they would hold together and have some non-0 drill)

I thought about it but dismissed the option because there are several problems:

- I don't have war excellencies so I can't boost our PDV and defend them from his attacks, even if I guess his wits + war may not be optimal, it's a chance I can't take because...

- if he hits us, because pf the way Magnitude and damage interact right now, he will slaughter almost everyone on the first MC attack: our 50 mortals will be a Magnitude 2 unit with close to 0 soak they must be extras and have like a total of 7HL x3 dots of Magnitude as per HRMC rules and he packing a raw 18L... and that is just one attack... from his vantage point he can flurry 2... and there you go problem solved, no more mortals.

And this is why I'm writing something down to review the whole MC section.

Because the way it all works right now is wrong. :)

I was talking about Rhapsody as the general. Also, magnitude damage does not equal death. Some definitely, all the magnitude you loose, no.

Oh... yeah Rhapsody could make a decent leader since she has a decent pool and the excellency.

But he's an assassin, he probably have a decent war himself to be able to snipe the unit commanders on a battlefield.

Again, considering his damage, it's not worth taking the risk for the mortals.

We'll try to handle this the best we can with Siham and deal with the consequences.

Which is why I said someone of sufficiently low compassion and high conviction... Malek and Siham are really quite different...

Depends on Siham's motivations I'd say.

We're facing his mate's murderer who is currently decimating his future lab assistants...

Even Compassion 1 can feel something, if only the wounded ego that comes with the loss... not that he really cared about her or anything but he might have considered her part of his "possessions" and judging by his reaction when Malek mentioned blowing up the Cathedral Factory, I'm pretty sure no one destroys Siham's stuff without reprisals ! :D

So, what do we do then ?

So far I had

- Rhapsody runs and protects the mortals

- Malek goes up there and tries to snatch VH's cursed crossbow of death away from him

- Siham undetermined

Siham can either stay with Rhapsody and help cover the mortals or go with Malek to help keep Void Heart occupied. He doesn't plan to die if he can help it, though.

Couldn't you also close in on foot and ambush VH to your maximum distance while Malek is keeping him busy ?

He can't shoot through buildings. Can't we use the city as cover as we get out? We might even be able to cause damage to cover our retreat.

Just trying to think of anyway to not have to put any of us in in immediate danger with him. We're not equipped to fight him well enough to win.

WlfSamurai said:
He can't shoot through buildings. Can't we use the city as cover as we get out? We might even be able to cause damage to cover our retreat.
Just trying to think of anyway to not have to put any of us in in immediate danger with him. We're not equipped to fight him well enough to win.
He shot through buildings in the past. (admittedly it probably costs essence or WP or something, but who knows it could be artifact based.)

Just trying to think of anyway to not have to put any of us in in immediate danger with him.
That's impossible now.

Even if we leave the mortals to die, Rhapsody can't hide be hidden or outrun him, so if we choose to hide she's dead.

We have to stop him from shooting / get his attention, and the most efficient way is either Malek going up there or Rhapsody going shiny and perfect soak as much hits as she can until she dies.

We're not equipped to fight him well enough to win.
It is only the context that is clearly unfavorable but it's not something that can't be changed.

There is a way we can make this a team effort and share the risks:

- Rhapsody blazes out for a few ticks and locks VH's attention using AST to block incoming damage

- Malek attempts to surprise and disarm VH and engages him in close combat

- Rhapsody then takes the mortals and gets the hell out of dodge

- Siham runs his ass off and tries to go and save Malek from certain doom

- if Malek is not already dead he tp out of Lookshy / goes into hiding

- Siham goes into hiding

- we catch up with Rhapsody and get the hell out of this cursed area

Last edited by a moderator:
cyl said:
There is a way we can make this a team effort and share the risks:
- Rhapsody blazes out for a few ticks and locks VH's attention using AST to block incoming damage

- Malek attempts to surprise and disarm VH and engages him in close combat

- Rhapsody then takes the mortals and get the hell out of dodge

- Siham runs his ass off and tries to go and save Malek from certain doom

- if Malek is not already dead he tp out of Lookshy / goes into hiding

- Siham goes into hiding

- we catch up with Rhapsody and get the hell out of this cursed area
It's the best I've heard so far. Lets do it.

Okay, posted my comments and suggested fixes for the MC combat in the art of war thread.

Apologies if the presentation is confusing, I haven't slept much these past days, I'll get a shorter version by the time I get back from Barcelone. :)

Damn. Was still typing. Is it cool if I have Rhapsody order the mortals to take care of themselves before the ticks kick in?

I have to admit, as much as I love Exalted's look and feel, the setting, the concepts, the characters, etc, I'm hating the system more and more every day. With that, I grow more and more skeptical they can make the necessary DRASTIC changes to make it not a book-keeping nightmare of mess.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back