[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

A few recommendations with xp: buy stuff that will be useful in a guerrilla situation.

I'm going to buy the stealth charm to cover everyone (even though Siham turns out to be quite the ninja which is awesome because thanks to that we'll set twice as much traps and sabotage twice as faster) but there are some stuff that we can't share.

Athletics, movement charms and Graceful Crane Stance are probably going to be our best friends to keep on making the after life a real pain in the ass for those servants of the void !

I was actually going to buy World as Workshop and start crafting Anti-Undead WMDs, but if you insist...

Yay ! Kids, it's carpet bombing / booby trap time !

Those bastards are so going to regret ever coming here :cool:

I think I might buy a few charms from Investigation and Occult to round out my Twilight skills. Thoughts?

Jaytee, I'd go for your fun exciting charms first, then go round out the charm set. Go break the world over your knee. ;)

Investigation-wise, Mirror is now exceedingly competent as she has the pinnacle charm. Of course, that's less useful when we're all spread out like this.

I second Kacie, if you think you will be using Inv charms now take them, otherwise fun comes first.

Kacie said:
Jaytee, I'd go for your fun exciting charms first, then go round out the charm set. Go break the world over your knee. ;)
Investigation-wise, Mirror is now exceedingly competent as she has the pinnacle charm. Of course, that's less useful when we're all spread out like this.
+1 with Kacie, plus, Malek is starting to get good at investigation and Occult is kinda useful when you go fight the undead (war ghosts, nephwracks, nemissaries... lots of spirits in their ranks).

WlfSamurai said:
Boy, Rhapsody really doesn't do the whole "stealth" thing well.
Don't worry about it I will buy that group stealth charm, as long as you stick with me you should be fine.

Your trouble is you can't run / jump worth a damn, if we need to run away, we'll have to rely on Malek's cloak.

But your tanking capacity (Rhapsody can take some serious hits :eek: ) and your comedian abilities kind of make you the perfect "damsel in distress - live prey" bait for whatever's inside Lookshy ! :D

We'll know more when we get in the city, but if there are indeed some undead left to secure the sites for Mask, we're going to have lots of fun the three of us.

Ideally Siham & Malek make the trap and set them unseen, and Rhapsody draws the targets to them. A perfect combination of cunning & efficiency.

Also, I've taken a look at the traps from Scroll of Kings and I had exactly the Agent Smith laugh mentioned above.

We're going to need ropes and wires... lots of them.

I'll post my horrible ideas in the art of war thread soon.

The undead are going to wish they had not resisted the Wheel of Reincarnation ! :D

cyl said:
+1 with Kacie, plus, Malek is starting to get good at investigation and Occult is kinda useful when you go fight the undead (war ghosts, nephwracks, nemissaries... lots of spirits in their ranks).
Don't worry about it I will buy that group stealth charm, as long as you stick with me you should be fine.

Your trouble is you can't run / jump worth a damn, if we need to run away, we'll have to rely on Malek's cloak.

But your tanking capacity (Rhapsody can take some serious hits :eek: ) and your comedian abilities kind of make you the perfect "damsel in distress - live prey" bait for whatever's inside Lookshy ! :D

We'll know more when we get in the city, but if there are indeed some undead left to secure the sites for Mask, we're going to have lots of fun the three of us.

Ideally Siham & Malek make the trap and set them unseen, and Rhapsody draws the targets to them. A perfect combination of cunning & efficiency.

Also, I've taken a look at the traps from Scroll of Kings and I had exactly the Agent Smith laugh mentioned above.

We're going to need ropes and wires... lots of them.

I'll post my horrible ideas in the art of war thread soon.

The undead are going to wish they had not resisted the Wheel of Reincarnation ! :D
Love every minute of it. Going to be fun.

Really, it will be awesome to draw the Mask's undead servants in and then burn them with righteous fire.

Fire is one thing, but the Wile E Coyote in me is thinking of ridiculously more spectacular things !

You should look up the Scroll of Kings there is a trap called throwline that propels people who stepped on the wrong part of the ground some 200 feet away from where they last stood.

Obviously damage is not as important as the poor guy screaming in the air and the surprise drama SFX with this one... although 25B Piercing is decent damage ^^

Do you think that if we catapult let's say a dozen per day out of the city the ghosts will take the hint that they have overstayed their welcome ? :D

Ooooh ! Do we get double stunt bonuses if we draw a cartooney target where the target will land beforehand ?

WlfSamurai said:
Boy, Rhapsody really doesn't do the whole "stealth" thing well.
Stealth is for chumps.

Says the Lunar whose still got plans for a particular Dragon King city that involves blotting out the sun with glimmering demon-wasps and a whole lot of green fire >.>

Summoned demons are for sissies !

Stealth makes you escape a thousands demons and kill their summoner in his sleep.

Which reminds me, I really really need to raise essence to 4 and get Stepping Between Heartbeats to get to that sweet Kurt Wagner spot !

cyl said:
Summoned demons are for sissies !
Stealth makes you escape a thousands demons and kill their summoner in his sleep.

Which reminds me, I really really need to raise essence to 4 and get Stepping Between Heartbeats to get to that sweet Kurt Wagner spot !
Of course then there's the matter of the thousand unbound demons ;)

CrazyIvan said:
Of course then there's the matter of the thousand unbound demons ;)
Which makes me wonder... aren't you kind of drawing a red mark on your back if you summon that many ?

I mean I'd be a really bad demon, I'd tell the bosses, and they'd tell the NB, who'd tell the Deathlords and all of a sudden every assassin in the area is gunning for you just because killing you means generating some good old fashioned mayhem.

cyl said:
Which makes me wonder... aren't you kind of drawing a red mark on your back if you summon that many ?
I mean I'd be a really bad demon, I'd tell the bosses, and they'd tell the NB, who'd tell the Deathlords and all of a sudden every assassin in the area is gunning for you just because killing you means generating some good old fashioned mayhem.
There are risks to summoning that many demons, as there are risks to anything in Exalted.

Though I doubt very much they'd bother telling the Neverborn. Cunning Fangs would make a splendid Akuma. And then you have someone who can summon Liger and not bother with the whole binding business.

And that's a far better recipe for some good old fashioned mayhem.

CrazyIvan said:
There are risks to summoning that many demons, as there are risks to anything in Exalted.
Though I doubt very much they'd bother telling the Neverborn. Cunning Fangs would make a splendid Akuma. And then you have someone who can summon Liger and not bother with the whole binding business.

And that's a far better recipe for some good old fashioned mayhem.
An akuma with a deathknight bodyguard... guys... let's leave Lookshy and go kill those guys instead, they are much more dangerous than Mask after all ! :D

cyl said:
An akuma with a deathknight bodyguard... guys... let's leave Lookshy and go kill those guys instead, they are much more dangerous than Mask after all ! :D
"Oh my dear boy, it's far too late for that. How long do you think Melia and your adorable little militia will last against Sondok and a dozen Baidak? Long enough for you to hurry back? Long enough to Flicker to reach the flames before Tirana does?"

Cunning Fangs waved a wickedly clawed hand, and breathed out a soft, pleasured sigh as she let go of a leash she had been holding tight for quite some time.

"I would hurry if I were you."

Ok, maybe we should start to note PP use on your sheets. oO

Please notice that Kacie and CI won't benefit from Cross-related PP, because they are effectively independent.

So, I will assume that I gave the veterans a total of 3 PP each.

Feantari and Arynne used them all, but the others have still some available.

Plus, Kacie, JayTee and Norts have never been awarded one, but definitely deserve at least one, each for different reasons.

Everyone please note the following PP on your sheets (Used and Available):

Arynne u3 a0

Crazy Ivan u2 a1

cyl u1 a2

Feantari u3 a0

JayTee u0 a1

Kacie u0 a1

Norts u0 a1

WlfSamurai u2 a1

There are a shitload of unfinished projects, so you can use them already.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back