[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Blerg, I am stuck as to what to do in this scene. I really don't want to have Argis try to swoop in for a rescue and have us run. That accomplishes nothing. On the other hand the likelihood of convincing these crazies not to attack is 0. So, we end up in a fight situation and thus demonstrate how we are terrible people to the townsfolk by killing these templars of their religion. Martyrdom is not something Argis will go in for. Convincing Kalak to stand and fight is likewise not too likely until he's actually getting attacked. So, Argis is likely to conclude from a diplomacy stand point there is little reason to stay, but he wants very much to show these people something better. Ok so going down that line of reasoning is pretty meh and not useful.

From a strategic point of view, taking these guys out and somehow commandeering their ship would be awesome both for patrolling the area and for our general safety. I would love to have Argis steal their ship, but it seems like that won't do any good in the immediate situation because they would still kill Kalak because Argis can't currently pull off any ranged attacks.

So, committed to a sucky fight against opponents of superior mobility (because Argis also can't effectively fight while mounted), it benefits us to split the group and reduce the coordinated attack penalties against us. Argis not knowing that Kalak can probably rip these dudes to shreds he would still see this a a poor outcome. Mrgl.

Everything is fair in war and love ^^

If it's the way people view you after you fight the problem will solve itself if you let those exemplary members of that extremely compassionate and holy order slaughter them like cattle by the dozen.

If your compassion and state of mind allows it, let the Hunt do what it does best, and fight them off, you'll be celebrated as heroes.

Also, this thing must have some technical flaws you can exploit to your advantage, like a impossible firing angle, a blind spot or something.

I've gotten very little description of the ship, for all I know it doesn't even have weapons. It seems to be some sort of mobile platform with 5 spots for people. I don't even know if it is still moving or if it just stopped when they all jumped out.

The Hunt, from what we can tell, has no interest in the village and will only destroy it if we stand in it when we fight. Argis is definitely not going to endanger the people just to show them the lengths to which the Hunt will go. Our entire purpose for being here is to protect these people not make a new group of crazy loyal subjects with immaculate PTSD.

I'm mostly just worried about finding something distracting enough to keep Kalak from having to burn all his motes on PDs the first round or some such. Taking over the ship and chasing them with it or crashing it into them might work, but if it doesn't it leaves Argis far from the action.

No, it will attack the village to draw you out, it has done so before and you know it.

If you want more knowledge of what this thing is capable of, go back to where it all began for some of us :

http://www.rpdom.com/threads/chapter-1-scene-2-exodus.50352/

http://www.rpdom.com/threads/chapter-1-scene-4-friends-foes.50364/

All of the data we have shared with everyone in the Circle... which reminds me... that we should talk about it with Yorgo and his wife.

Also, on a totally different note, with Ray Harryhausen gone, Heaven just got so much more awesome !

We're already out of the village as far as I can tell.. And Kalak isn't hiding, he's running. No need to draw anyone out.

You are on the far border of the Village.

The villagers, most of them, should be at safe range for non-Twilight Exalted combat.

The Crown itself is just a mobile platform with no weapons, but the central suspension point has been fitted with different floating modules each time.

http://www.rpdom.com/threads/the-crown-of-all-heavens.50357/

This time it has only a ring (about 3m diameter) of red jade.

cyl: Fair enough. While I'm reasonably certain that building the gem would be faster, I can't find myself being too concerned over which happens in what order. Since the majority of people want to restore the Library first, I can get started on that. ;)

What is faster in general exalted crafting rules may not be faster via the project post system because you need resources and facilities, etc.

Yeah, but Craftsmen Needs No Tools and World as Workshop (which will cost me all of 8 XP to get) let me ignore most of that.

But it's a moot issue, I'll focus on the library ;)

JayTee said:
Yeah, but Craftsmen Needs No Tools and World as Workshop (which will cost me all of 8 XP to get) let me ignore most of that.
But it's a moot issue, I'll focus on the library ;)
Also, you'd have to build a big ass land ship or something similar with wyld barriers to get whatever the hell you are shaping out of the Wyld and bring it back in Creation.

But I don't mean to tell you what you must do, if you estimate the gem is faster and in the long run we'll get the labs up & running AND your wyld crafting goodness faster this way, go for it ;)

Now that you mention it, I think there's a Manse power that lets me get a chunk of the Wyld to shape inside the Manse itself. So, yeah, Library it is.

EDIT: Otherworld Gate, that's what I was thinking of. Hook me up a direct link to the Wyld for all our Wyld Shaping funtimes :D

JayTee is dabbling with powers beyond his control aka "what could possibly go wrong?"

*THIS* is the way to play a Twilight. =D

I approve.

Hey! I'm not totally reckless! I'll have taken some precautions. Like a series of 5 dot satellite essence canons.

Also, we now have a new chat so we can talk among ourselves about our schemes to develop the dominion and destroy our enemies and rule the world and stick it to he man !

Ok, give me some time to set up Siham, Malek and Rhapsody in Lookshy.

Also, CI and Kacie, I'm shoveing you guys straight in the Ebon Spires of Pyrron, Underworld.

xarvh said:
Ok, give me some time to set up Siham, Malek and Rhapsody in Lookshy.
Also, CI and Kacie, I'm shoveing you guys straight in the Ebon Spires of Pyrron, Underworld.
Uh ho you mean like Walker's place ?

The one that holds some 5000 ghosts and that turns mortal into dust within a second and inflicts to exalts 10-DMDV dice of aggravated damage every 5 hour ? :eek:

Apparently we're the lucky ones going in Lookshy... whaddya know ! :P

Yup.

We got the geniuses down.

Now we have to figure out which among Siham and Kalak is the more girly.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back