[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

Right, I've never taken a look at your revamped sheet.

*goes looking*

Holy SMOKE ! you're bad ass ! :D

We could probably go for a duo if you want. Malek knows how to party.

cyl said:
+1 for DK !
It goes well with our common bg with Flicker.

About the Legion: what do you guys want to do ? Catch up with her knowing that although we have her scent and trail, she can always hide / outrun us doesn't seem like a good idea (and considering our situation a bit of a waste of time).

A trap might work better.

I was thinking we could negotiate something with Tirana: go to Great Forks, load a ship full of cargo (spreading enough rumors so Walker's agents hear about it), hide in it and wait for her to attack, possibly coordinating with Tirana's boys to make it more tempting.

Obviously we'll need someone acting as the bait to make things interesting. Unless someone has what it takes, I can see Malek gathering what is needed and volunteering.
Trap seems a good plan. Argis will leave it up to Flicker to call off the hunt, but feel free to do so. Argis will definitely come along for that trip and help bait the trap and also he wants to get word to some of his contacts. Most notably the ones that have probably been losing ships. Argis will happily inform you about nasty pirana beastmen...

@Malek:

Price also includes demand. You have more need for bows than Tirana has for artisans.

The bows she can provide you will be manufactured by Exalts with excellencies, and will all be of exceptional quality, if you can afford them.

Otherwise they can skip on the details and produce much cheaper normal longbows.
We can buy bows elsewhere, or just the materials and craft them ourselves, the only problem is getting them to Cross takes time, but on her end good luck raising the craft level of her boys if they don't favor Craft... that's one guy stuck with training with a teacher (also stuck) for 12 weeks 8 hours per day to get from 2 to 5.

Siham can do the same in 3 weeks, with only 1hour needed per day.

The gain of time and availability is invaluable for her, and not nearly as much for us. (it will never take 12 weeks for x00 bows to reach the Cross)

Also, I'm not sure we need quality over quantity.

Guys ? 1 exceptional bow for 1 guy trained to Craft 3 or 10 normal bows for the same guy ?

It also depends on what level of craft she wants. If she wants Craft 4, I could see a 1 for 10 as well.

I'm missing the part where it is explicitly stated what the ratio of trained people to quality bows is... Tirana is looking for about 10 guys to get trained, we are looking for at least 300 bows...

Tirana is looking for *at least* 10 guys to be trained.

And again, is not *terribly* hard for her to train her Earth Aspects.

Feantari said:
I'm missing the part where it is explicitly stated what the ratio of trained people to quality bows is... Tirana is looking for about 10 guys to get trained, we are looking for at least 300 bows...
IIRC longbow is res2 a skilled slave res3, there's a factor of 10 between each dot of resources so normally a skilled slave would be worth 10 bows.

So to me 10 guys = 100 bows.

Assuming that that is an equivalent approximation for what we'd be giving her, ok. Then yeah, I think we should just go for regular bows. The other would be nice and all, but I'm not sure what we'd offer to make it worth her while.

That should do it.

Her answer on the time will make us see if it's worth investing Siham's time for bows.

Also I'm surprised, if she can make them... how come we can't ? Sanctuary has a different flora than the Cross ?

It's not totally unreasonable for the answer to that question to be yes. IIRC sanctuary is a giant wood aspected manse that has been configured to make the land there awesome and stuff...

Sanctuary is a forest, and likely a powerful Wood-aspected Demesne.

They have a huge variety of different trees.

So... we bought a few days of food and have interesting plans going on.

But thousands will die unless we devote our full efforts to repairing the labs and deal with the starvation locally.

There's just no other way to deal with this problem than to grow stuff on site.

Midboss, get to it and tell us what to do, we all have abilities I'm sure can help (Lore / Occult / Medecine).

It's winter... We did grow things, but the massive burden of the refugees was not part of it then. We have to resettle Mirunda by spring so that we can feed them long term. There isn't farmland here for that many and we can't really make it without pissing off didee.

If we have biogenesis on our side we can grow extra nourishing stuff without needing too much ground... I don't know something like a big jungle radish that grows in matter of days and keeps a whole family of five fed for a week. Something edible, that grows fast, doesn't take much from the land and can grow in any climate and feeds people.

I guess even Big K could help (since everything in Creation is essence related)... she does owe you one.

If we need more ground I'll handle the goddess... death taints the land, thousands of dead will taint it further, turn the whole place into one big shadowland and Big K will be exposed. Simple equation. Life or Death.

The ST detailed the necessary steps for Project Thorns here : http://www.rpdom.com/threads/projects-discussion.55118/page-4#post-753988

4 posts are required to get that thing rolling. We'll have biogenesis and a small magitech lab (which is always useful).

We will have enough if we work together on this and we'll need a project Food !

Sure sure, but aside from the other issues with biogenesis... We have to fix the lab, Siham is busy trying to weaponize the bloom and now teaching people. I think we need some other options for the sort term. Maybe our trap for Legion is not just a trap. We need food so lets make that our bait and not let it get sunk.

So, my new character is kind of a work in progress, but what I wanted to ask was this: Guy's a Night Caste, what kind of things do we need him to do?

Feantari said:
Sure sure, but aside from the other issues with biogenesis... We have to fix the lab, Siham is busy trying to weaponize the bloom and now teaching people. I think we need some other options for the sort term. Maybe our trap for Legion is not just a trap. We need food so lets make that our bait and not let it get sunk.
From what I understood, restoring the labs is a prereq to weaponizing the Bloom. Training Tirana's people isn't that much of a burden it's a minimum of 5 hours per week.

Unfortunately there is no other option for a short term solution. Larger cities are too far away, even if Malek can ride off with Flicker and organize a ship, it will be at least a month when they get back, IF they get back with the shipment.

For me it's too risky and we do not have that much time.

The lab is our only safe way out of this.

Norts said:
So, my new character is kind of a work in progress, but what I wanted to ask was this: Guy's a Night Caste, what kind of things do we need him to do?
Oh trust me, I have a few ideas about how to put your swordplay to good use in Nathir :D

Seriously now, it depends on the type of "services" you want to bring to the dominion.

In this type of game, personal prowess doesn't count as much as what can significantly affect a larger crowd / area.

We could always use another sneaky bastard, a crime fighter, or a new head of security for one of the soon to be ours cities.

A relic / demesne hunter could also be a plus and I think that at some point we talked about the useful applications of having a beastmaster around.

So we can try bioengineering and all, but we still were going to set up a trap thing right? No reason we can't try both. If you want, Argis can drop some XP in making ships go fast, but that'd probably just be a tip off. Using a ship would certainly give us an easy way to have some help from Tirana available and hidden.

Getting rid of the Legion is our second priority after saving our people from a slow and painful death.

So yes, a trap will be set up. Very soon.

If you want, Argis can drop some XP in making ships go fast, but that'd probably just be a tip off.
Depends. Tireless rowing seems like the fastest form of travel for ships (outside of artifacts). If you can do half of that, we can use it.

I'm seriously thinking about working on a custom sail charm to replicate the effects of the Ride charm that sustains mounts.

Yeah, I mean, Argis is a water aspect who trained under the great captain Sikare!

There's one speed bump charm, but he can pick up the sustained speed charm that increases speed by half his essence (what the speed of a sailing ship is normally I have no idea). Or there is a burst of speed type charm that can double the speed of a ship for a scene (but not for long term travel).

There is contradictory information between the core and other supplements about sailing speeds, but it doesn't matter.

I am not after long term travel. I am after covering as much distance as can be in as little time as possible.

I checked the corebook last night and realized that river sailing is significantly slower than sea sailing, hence my interest for tireless rowing.

No doubt that siham could create automatons or essence motors given time... but time never seems to be on our side, so we might as well work actively to compensate. A ship that can cover Nathir - Mirunda in a few days is that much weeks won for bringing stuff into Cross.

Also if 4 posts are required to build up the labs, we might want to invest ours to help out Siham.

And finally nothing stops us from setting up a trap and fixing the labs, we have Scenes and Projects for that specific reason.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back