[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

It'll be articulated or superheavy plate. I could live with a few ticks. I just didn't want to spend 12 donning armor.

Glorious Solar Plate really is all Power Ranger, and it's combo-ok so you can pull up all your scene-longs when you use it.

Take a look at the Errata, pg 25, and see if that doesn't do exactly what you want. ;)

4 dots

You need an orichalcum jewel worn on you that becomes or recalls the actual armor, aesthetic effect up to you.

Articulated activates in 1 tick, Superheavy activates in 2 tick, choose one.

Activating costs 5 motes, deactivating takes 6 ticks but costs 1 mote.

If you ranger-up while wearing anything non-MM incompatible with armor, it will be destroyed.

So...do I do normal exalted things with this character, ir do I follow the inspuration for the armor and become an exalted tokusatsu hero?

Nope.

That's reserved for Solars with Invincible Armor Invocation or colour-coded Terrestrials.

Xarvh, any chance Argis got anything out of his charm in scene 11?

Sry for the tiny posts, traveling. Be back to a keyboard tomorrow late.

Feantari said:
Xarvh, any chance Argis got anything out of his charm in scene 11?
Gaaah!

Sorry. T_T

The cardinal sin of the ST is not answering to the players' actions.

I'll answer IC.

Ok guys, here are my two ideas. I'd be happy to play either one and some details can flex around as needed to fit the story. Could use some feedback and or votes. :-P

Name: TBD

Breed: Raptok

Motivation: determine in play

Intimacies: determine in play

Backstory

An old egg that was carried from a broken stasis chamber by the swamp people all the way to Cross with the other eggs. It's a girl!

Future Stats thoughts:

Attributes

Strength ●●●

Dexterity ●●●●●

Stamina ●●●

Charisma ●●●

Manipulation ●●

Appearance ●●

Perception ●●●●

Intelligence ●●●●

Wits ●●●

Abilities

Martial Arts ●

●Thrown ●●●●

Integrity ●

Resistance ●●

Survival ●●

●Craft ●●● (Wood, Earth, Water)

Investigation

Lore ●

Medicine

●Occult ●

Athletics ●●

Awareness ●●

Dodge ●●●

Larceny

●Stealth ●

●Linguistics ●● (Native: Old Ream?, Learned: Riverspeak, High Holy Speech)

●Socialize ●

Specialties

Plants (Craft: Wood) ●

In jungle (Stealth) ●

In jungle (Survival) ●●

Backgrounds

Artifact ●● Yasal Crystal - Elder Raptok teacher

Artifact ●● Crystal Throwing Blade

??

Paths

Clear Air

● Clarity of (Sense)

●● See The Winds of Essence

Solid Earth

● Lithic Understanding

●● Shape the Earth

Growing Wood

● Verdant Understanding

●● Empower Cultivation

●●● Empower Plants

Shaping Wood

Virtues

Compassion ●●●●

Conviction ●●●

Temperance ●●●

Valor ●●

WP ●●●●● ●●●

Essence ●●●

Personal

Peripheral

+3L/+3B soak

BP 18/18

Virtues 3 bp

Essence 7 bp

Willpower 3 bp

Path 4 bp

Abilities 1 bp

Name: Knight of the Path

Concept: Knight Errant

Caste: Full Moon

Spirit Shape: Stag

Tell: Antlers

Motivation: Protect the pathways of creation and those who use them

Intimacies: Honor, Martial Prowess, Luna, -Creatures of Darkness

stag-king.jpg

Background

Mark was a lumberjack. A lumberjack with a keen sense of honor and no small amount of pride. He knew that when he chose a tree it would fall and when he felled a tree it would find its way to the river and the workshop of a great craftsman and the hall of a great king. He worked diligently at his trade and relished his life. He made a good life for himself and had many children with his wife Jenna.

One day he and his eldest son set out to fell a great tree near a narrow river. They planned out the operation so that the great tree would fall partly in the river. Once they had it trimmed the river would help them move the giant log out of the forest. After laboring for half a day at the mighty tree they were attacked by fae goblins dressed as monkeys in armor. They fought for their lives. He saw his son Martin run through and few into a rage. Though his axe bit fiercly into the goblins and and he drove them before him, there was not victory. A greater fae of some kind riding upon a wolf pulled back his mighty bow and buried a glass arrow in his heart.

Laying on the bank of the river he grasped for his axe which had flown from his hand, trying with every ounce of will to rise and save his son and his family. A great stag appeared in front of him and as he looked in its eyes they fought a battle in their minds. Then the stag in his mind became a woman, terrifying and magnificent in her power and fury. He snapped back to reality as the stag blinked and lowered his head to charge. A moment later and he was the stag charging with his great antlers and shattering wolf and rider upon them. He returned home carrying the body of his son and tried to come to terms with his new self and his loss. Within the week the others came for him. During his training, trials and tattooing he found his calling. He was taught about the work the lunars were doing, but he was not interested in making a society in the shadows. He saw that only together could people of creation survive. He vowed to protect the links between the people of creation and defend them from the evil forces working outside of creation to tear it apart. He became the Knight of the Path.

Attributes

●Strength ●●●●

Dexterity ●●●●●

●Stamina ●●●

●Charisma ●●●●●

Manipulation ●●

Appearance ●●●

●Perception ●●

Intelligence ●●●

Wits ●●●

Abilities

●Martial Arts ●

Melee ●●●●●

Integrity ●●

Performance ●●

Presence ●●●●●

Resistance ●

●Survival ●●

Investigation ●

Lore ●

Athletics ●●●

Awareness ●●●

Stealth ●

Linguistics ● (Native: Riverspeak, Learned: Old Realm)

Socialize ●

Specialties

Travellers (Socialize) ●

Looking Imposing (Performance) ●

Axes (Melee)

Integrity (Creatures of Darkness) ●

Backgrounds

Artifact ●● Moonsilver Grimcleaver

Heart’s Blood ●●

Manse ● Stone of Humble Glory

Mentor ● TBD (Tirana has pulled some strings to get another Lunar sent to this corner of creation, he is being sent to be mentored by one of them ???)

Reputation ● He passed his trials with a direct application of force of will that is rarely seen. Though he will be considered stubborn by many, the feats of patient determination he accomplished at his trials made an impression.

Knacks

Deadly Beastman Transformation

Prey’s Skin Disguise

Internal Form Mastery

Charms

2nd Strength Excellency

2nd Dexterity Excellency

Instinctive Dexterity Unity

Armor-Forming Technique

Limb-Shielding Growth

2nd Charisma Excellency

Outworld Forsaking Stance

Feral Smile Tactic

Virtues

Compassion ●●

Conviction ●●

Temperance ●●●● (Curse of the Drunken Monkey)

Valor ●●●●

WP ●●●●● ●●●●

Essence ●●●●

Personal

Peripheral

Deadly Beastman Transformation

Extra Limbs 6

Horns 2

Gift Charms: Armor Forming Technique, Limb-Shielding Growth

BP 18/18

Survival 1->2, 1bp

Valor 1->4, 3bp

WP 5->9, 4bp

Essence 7bp

Charm 3bp

v7xixv.jpg

edit: swapped grimcleaver for dire lance, missed that earlier

more edit: on the lunar, I could just as easily put his dot and favored in occult and am somewhat tempted for the transportation-y spells. So that could maybe be a more interesting thing. I just can't bring myself to make a lunar without MA or occult favored. >.<

I wonder what it would look like if we could get Big K drunk...

Probably something like that:

funny-sup-bitches-praying-mantas-insect-pics.jpg

And the whole world would shake :D

and then she would be all like, essence switch rave! and dragon lines would flip around elements and manses would blow up and DBs would be all color changing rainbow dudes

In other news, I need to know who runs after the Legion with Flicker and how, since it is largely a matter of mobility.

Yeah, probably shouldn't go after the Legion by myself, unless we actually want it to be case of "...and then there were none."

Do I have to acknowledge out loud how cool crocodile surfing sounds ? :P

Problem is dearie, we're gonna die. The Legion has her ghosts and just two of us won't cut it... unless I manage to get their attention just like last time and leave you alone with her.

Come here you pantsies, leave the girls to it, that's me you want !

*runs like a scooby doo character*

Man, I never knew Malek was such a pussy. ;-)

I really wish I would have correctly remembered the way Empowering Justice Redirection works in this post. Maybe wouldn't have made any difference, but still. There are ways to get away from the ghosts and with multiple of us working together we can set up some pretty sick coordinated attacks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back