[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

The full Dawn Solution is canon, so we have it.

I even removed from the House Rules my custom solution.

Now, with the wiki down, finding the Charms is a royal PITA...

I was trying to be funny, but alas. I understand it's all on me.

Haven't looked at all the martial and martial ready charms yet. Still considering how things go together at the moment. I like xarvh's idea though.

The Dawn Solution is mechanically *heavy*.

I am trying to play a Solved Dawn in Wlf game and I get quite lost in the mix and match of Charms.

The Night caste would give you all Athletics stunting, Dodge and Stealth, and you can still make full use of Melee.

Of course, if you end up a dawn most of the core night ish combat charms and some resistance charms as favored. It's really quite silly.

cyl said:
Nope, but it doesn't feel like Tirana would see Fangs as a bargaining chip... I mean she already got Fangs at her side for free... why would Tirana need to "buy" her services now ?
Which is why Cunning Fangs didn't phrase it as a trade, and did phrase it as "You know what would end with me distracted and constantly running back to the Cross? Starving people getting desperate. If only there were some way not to have to worry about that..."

Tirana's already outright stated she wants Fangs to stick around.

I could edit my last post to insert a comment about that, but I would have to know what she can offer us for you then.

For now we have:

• jade klave vs food: not the best deal ever made (especially with the Legion still around), and I'll see if I can squeeze more out of them
  • new people not dead we'll use to populate Mirunda vs some of Tirana's boys coming to the Cross (same problem with the Legion)
  • and I'm pushing for getting her help dealing with the Legion for free since it's a common threat

Obviously Fangs could be worth a lot more than food or the new people, but I (cyl) can't really put a price on the services of a celestial sorcerer. Should be something around resources 5 or something, but I don't see them as the jade earning type, and I actually have very little information to go on.

Normally Fangs would have more insight about what she can get out of Tirana - having stayed there for months now - so if you think of something besides "a vanguard of your children to protect us" (we loose a sorceress, we gain a kick ass unit), go for it.

CI is right, we can exploit Fangs staying there outside of whatever information she can give us about Sanctuary.

Tirana wants her, Fangs wants to be close to her... but regardless we can exploit the situation to Cross's advantage.

She is after all a celestial sorceress... there are merely dozens of them in this age, so that makes her an extremely precious and priceless ally.

Thing is as we have too few information about Sanctuary's means, so I don't know what we can trade her for if not for a unit of her badass children.

Well, she's already thinking about sending some to learn about the larger world. Maybe you could suggest we can help some of her children learn to fight in larger units or some such? Something so she isn't just sending her future diplomats and spys.

Although the chance to have Argis and Flicker form teacher-student relationships with her children could benefit us.

Obviously, but that is still something that benefits Sanctuary more than it would benefit us.

I'd rather have a full trade between Fangs and a unit under our command... not just a students exchange program.

There is perhaps something else Tirana or Fangs can think of.

Technically we have a topic for diplomacy, I should have used it instead of polluting the OOC.

Gomen !

@Arynne: yes, you may use a Project to rise your Essence.

To everybody else: I spent 2 days without sleep, so if I haven't answered to some question of yours please be patient and post it again here.

How much wheedling do I have to do get a custom upgrade to Whirlwind Armor Donning Prana that lets me reflexively armor myself like Call the Blade?

Definitely a good start, though i'm thinking more instantaneous armament. More power rangers mid fight suit change than fight starting suit up

You want it reflexive, which means that you can pull it up in response to an attack.

It seems a bit out of theme for an armour or a charm, unless you want a charm that integrates the armour within your body or something like that.

At this point, we can switch to something entirely different and go Protoss-Shield style, maybe in gold rather than blue shades, possibly with an essence cost and possibly with maintenance required.

A custom charm with Res5 Ess4 and all the proper prereqs should allow you to do something like that.

I mean res4ess3 Glorious Solar Plate creates a tough armor out of thin air.

Now, this is a very legitimate reason.

Would cutting the ranger-up time to 1 or 2 ticks go, or you really need it reflexive?

Also, how heavy do you want it?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back