[Emperors of the Fading Suns] [Emperors of the Fading Suns] OOC Thread

I can obviously see we have a lot to fill in for. I've got ideas for just about every concept, though the one that stands out is the only one I've never done: a non-combat focused character. I've never stepped into sorcery much either, though I certainly don't want to step on Fangs' sharp clawed toes with it. Um...wyld-crafting? Always thought that could be fun/dangerous.

Norts said:
I can obviously see we have a lot to fill in for. I've got ideas for just about every concept, though the one that stands out is the only one I've never done: a non-combat focused character. I've never stepped into sorcery much either, though I certainly don't want to step on Fangs' sharp clawed toes with it. Um...wyld-crafting? Always thought that could be fun/dangerous.
Don't worry about it. Fangs' niche is less "sorceress" and more "crazy".

And a Solar sorcerer/melee character could both let you dabble in sorcery and solve some of our "Oh god, please don't attack us..." problems?

@Wlf: it's difficult to be humble when several thousands of people would give their life for you even if you don't ask them.

Rhapsody is the de facto Queen-Goddess of Thorns.

@Norts: EotFS is one of the few games where you will get to enjoy a non-combat focused character.

I would like to state here and now that I'd like to run a Lunar in this game someday. I love 'em and, as demonstrated already, this would be the perfect game to play them.

Also, in short time you will have a few Montage Posts to spend into your projects.

So far only Argis has a project ready and approved.

You may want to go in the Projects OOC and write down your projects or pester me if I forgot about stuff.

My proposal is in Projects Discussion.

If you like it, feel free to open a new thread in Wonders of the Empire.

Small tools are not a problem, Siham's artisans can produce them quickly.

Larger tools and materials may not be available in Cross, but probably Argis or Malek can import them.

Splendid Wlf!

Also.

In case someone else got the impression that Malek read the MEP:Abyssals, I whined with Cyl about it.

This is the (small) price to pay to have very enthusiastic players.

Cyl has immediately offered to amend and I told him that it was not necessary, so if it irks you, it's my fault.

As I said to the ST, I thought that considering Walker and Malek had spent some time together on the road, they would have had the opportunity to talk about his "condition". Walker telling Malek that he feared for his own soul and explaining how it would be dissolved into the Void if he died made sense in my mind at the time, and it underlined the tragedy of loosing him, and will set some interesting development for his next encounters with other Deathknights (Legion included...).

He doesn't know if Fangs mate will resurface or not (initially I had put something like that in my post but edited it away because that clearly was too much metagaming), but I felt it was more interesting to focus on the permanent loss of the soul that made the man.

Apologies to everyone if I went too far.

Hmm, I think Argis may have to learn some alternate enlightenment charms so we can open the beastman school of CMAs! ^_^

Been discussing some ideas with xarvh. I'm thinking I want to be a sorcerer, and fool around with Craft as well. I can't just drop combat, though, because I'm simply not like that. I can, however, use a couple artifacts and a few charms to be decent, but not godly at it. I was thinking MA, because it provides me with both offensive and defensive capabilities in most situations. There are other options, however.

What I wanted from you all was some thoughts on how to put this together. Do I just grab one dot armor and a simple weapon for Melee action? If I go MA, what kind of MA gives a good balance of offense and defense? Do I get powerful artifacts, like Perfected Kata Bracers, or rely on charms to enhance my basic capabilities? Should I use the charms that make armor and weapons instead of actually having them? Etc, so forth, and onward.

Basically, knowing that Exalted Sorcery isn't really for the small fight battlefield(at least until I get Total Annihilation), what can I do to ensure that I survive a fight, and contribute at least some small portion of effective death against our enemies? Also, what spells should I take?

Norts said:
Basically, knowing that Exalted Sorcery isn't really for the small fight battlefield(at least until I get Total Annihilation), what can I do to ensure that I survive a fight, and contribute at least some small portion of effective death against our enemies? Also, what spells should I take?
Be Not A Lunar.

Terrestrial Sorcery has a number of really useful Martial Arts/Melee utility spells. My recommendations are:

Unbreakable Bones of Stone: +Essence to Strength and Stamina, half-wound penalties for the win.

Invulnerable SKin of Bronze: +6L/+12B soak and 6L/12B hardness. +2 extra dice of damage from MA attacks.

Virtuous Guardian of Glame: Passive (Wits + Occult + Essence)/2 parry that is autonomous from any defensive actions you take.

Death of Obsidian Butterflies: Fangs has used it repeatedly, and it's win against large masses of mortal/ghost type opponents.

Ritual of Elemental Empowerment: Makes the stuff you do have nicer.

Take the first two most importantly, you can probably skip armor, and a MA of your choosing. Skip the ones with fancy weapons - something like Solar Hero?

You could add Blood Lash and take Laughing Wounds, but then you are treading on Fangs' niche ;)

I'd note that Celestial and Solar Circle sorcery actually won't make you appreciably better at the "one-on-one in your face" fights, by and large. God-Forged Champion of War, Technique Mirror and Total Annihilation are exceptions, but even Magma Kracken takes 5 ticks after the end of the Cast Sorcery action to activate. 5 ticks is a long ass time in some fights. Rather, their spells are useful for massive set piece battles.

You bring a Terrestrial circle sorcerer to a fight in a dark alley. You bring a Celestial/Solar circle sorcerer when you want the alley, the street that connects it and the city they're both in wiped from the map.

Ooooh I'd recommend a Celestial Monkey adept, combined with sorcery (not necessarily combat sorcery) you can have something really beautiful.

Also, if you go solar, go full occult, we have very little stuff at the moment to fight dematerialized spirits IIRC.

So, am still contemplating lunar or sometime in future raptok as second character options... pretty excited about both ideas.. if a lunar would one of our current lunars want to get their first mentee?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back