• Alice

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Athena

• Tie

• Total voters

Zalena

Zalena could only feel a chill run through her body as RJ delivered the news of Mary and Ruby's death. That's right...she was told Ruby had died but she didn't completely register that information. Though Mary being dead would mean...she failed to protect her. She failed to protect her first friend when it mattered most. She didn't want to see the body...she didn't want to know how she died either. Zalena couldn't handle this...death wasn't something she was raised around. She didn't know what to do right now. "No...she's not." Even though she believed him her words were saying otherwise to shelter her feelings. "No..." Her voice was still rough and tears began rolling down her face. It was her fault, Mary wouldn't be dead if she knew how to protect people. She was so sure of herself when she thought she was able to defend others and be some type of...hero. Zalena's hair loses its color and goes black as she realizes that she can't even protect Castiel either. First she lost Mary and now she's bound to lose Castiel. How useful was she in that fight anyways? How useful was she this entire journey? All she's been doing is joking around and talking to Castiel. She didn't do any sort of training, she hasn't done all too much to help the group, and she's the reason why Mary is dead. This was honestly the lowest point in her life, facing this was something she wasn't used to. "Castiel." Her rough voice was being affected by her sobs as well. Zalena wasn't being very loud nor was she entirely conscious of the fact that she was calling out to him. "Castiel?" For now she just needed some form of comfort and grounding since she felt so lost. "I didn't mean to get her killed I swear!" Zalena cradles her face in her hands, only seeing an image of Mary's face when she closes her eyes. She failed to save her and here she was calling out to Castiel, someone she knows she can't protect either. She was selfish and nothing but undeserving. Once she realizes this and the fact that she's calling out to him, Zalena begins to cry in silence. ( @OpenInteraction )

Roxy

Roxy stops floating for a moment to think on Ree's question, deciding against telling her the possible truth. For now she'd just keep it positive until proven wrong. "We more than likely will meet each other again some other time. Just look out for me, you're not that hard to spot anyways." Roxy begins to float back at a faster pace. "Goodbye for now Ruby!" Roxy floats off into the sky, heading towards the library she feels so drawn to. She felt bad about lying but didn't want to add anymore bad news. Though as she was floating off, she saw a new vision in her head. This vision made her turn around so she could warn Ree immediately. She was already too far away to be in Ree's eyesight or shouting distance. Though before she could even begin moving in Ree's direction, she was split perfectly in half and lost her glow. Silently and mostly out of sight, Roxy fellike to the ground sliced in half, and shattered. ( @King Crimson )

Juniper

Juniper keeps her eyes on the young boy to refrain from being scared. She gives him a confused look and tilts her head. "I...I-I'm not joking. I don't understand what's going on. You're my...brother right?" Juniper holds her hand on her head due to a small wave of pain. "My head hurts..." She hisses in pain for a brief moment and takes shaky breaths. Austrianna decides to speak up and gives Juniper a small smile. "My name is Austrianna, your Elder sister. This is your youngest brother Faolan. You have two other sisters here with us as well. Right now you're on an adventure with other kids around your age. Your name is Juniper Victorianna Cipher, 5th princess of Destonia. The daughter of Isabella Celeste Cipher and Fola Cuspóir Cipher. You just had some...memory loss. I'll help you along with somethings but for now I need you to just remember that." 

Juniper didn't know what to do since she was just told to accept all of this information. She knew that they were her siblings but didn't have any memory of the things they've done together. This information was all she had and Austrianna didn't seem like she was lying. For now Austrianna could be trusted so Juniper didn't back away. "A-Alright but I still have questions....."

Zalena

Zalena's eyes slowly opened once more so she could see her surroundings once again. She felt nothing but pain all over her stomach instantly and she couldn't tell as to where she was. The last thing she remembered besides the dream was wrapping her wings around Mary. That's right...Mary was the one she was protecting. She had to see if she was okay since she did make the effort to save her. Mary was the first friend she made here and she is pretty resilient so her survival is not only crucial to Zalena but highly believable. Zalena thought she more than likely got the worst out of it. "...Ma....ry?" Her voice was faint and raspy but it didn't stop Zalena from trying to talk as well as sit up. "Ma....ry? Ma..ry? Mary?" Her vision was still a bit blurry but she was looking side to side, searching for Mary with her hands as well. ( @OpenInteraction )

"Good luck Roxy." Ree wistfully breathes to herself, oblivious of the tragedy before her. 

Drained from the day's events, Ree staggers over to claim her bag and then sets herself down in a comfortable, quiet spot on the beast's back to feed herself and her demons.

As she retrieved a hefty bag of trail mix and listlessly scattered it to the starving horde gathering around her.

Watching her minions greedily feast and fight over bits of granola and pretzel usually put Ree in high spirits, even on the gloomiest of days, for it was an entertaining reminder that she would never truly be alone in the world.

And yet, all Ree could think about was how Ruby wasn't here to experience it with her.

An intense feeling of emptiness the likes of which she had never experienced before took hold of Ree, causing her to retract her legs, hide her face behind her knees, and shrink into a small ball of melancholy.

---

While the others fought over their scraps, Giggi vigorously scoured, searched and on occasion, scraped with his brethren with only a single target in mind; the precious gems of the Mix of the Trail, named the "Em And Em."

While they were no replacement for his human-ivory necklace, these sweet, multi-colored nuggets of sweetness and sugar could still make for a decent gift to the fair princess.

Finding his collection respectable, Giggi stashed his bounty within his gob and scurried to where he remembered Zalena to be resting. 

Giggi silently smirked at his own resourcefulness, he would win the favor of a beautiful maiden, whilst also aiding his master by procuring a powerful ally for her future rise to power.

After spotting Zalena, crying into her hands, the stocky demon spits his cache onto the ground and then raises his throat to alert Zalena of his presence

" 'Scuse me, uh..yer 'ighness. I come wit offerin's fer ya, if ya want'em."

@Light

Last edited by a moderator:

Castiel

Castiel looked up, sure that he'd heard someone call his name, He wiped his eyes and just put it down to him hearing things and went back to looking at the ground. Castiel looked up when he heard someone call his name again, he sighed and looked around, his eyes stopping on Zalena, crying with her hair coloured black as she yelled out that she didn't mean to get someone killed. [COLOR= rgb(0, 128, 128)]'I should go and see if she's alright... Well she's not.. but I'm pretty sure she was the one calling out for me... At least she's not dead' [/COLOR]Castiel then looked down at Ruby's body, that was still in his lap. He didn't want to just leave it laying around anywhere.. It just felt wrong to do that. He paused for a moment, gingerly reaching down as if Ruby was going to wake up and yell at him for disturbing her sleep, though he knew that wouldn't happen, a part of him wished it would. He held her in his arms as he stood up, before laying her back down where he was sat down.

Castiel took a deep breath and slowly started walking over to Zalena, not sure what to do or say to make her feel better. Castiel paused as he got to Zalena, still not sure what to say, he didn't want to risk making her feel worse, so he took a deep breath as he thought about what to say. "H-Hey.. Zalena" Castiel wrapped an arm around Zalena and started slowly rubbing her arm. "I don't.." Castiel paused, thinking it probably would be better if he didn't admit that he had no idea who she was crying over. "I.. Remember what you told me... That you shouldn't blame yourself... And I'll be here for you... Th-That is, if you want me to.." Castiel took his arm away from Zalena, starting to feel like he wasn't helping and that he should go.

@Light

Zalena

( The demon is sliding into her DMs )

Zalena looks up from her hands at the little demon offering her things to possibly make her feel better. She didn't deserve it but she couldn't just turn him away so rudely. It was a very sweet gesture after all, going through the trouble of collecting whatever it was for her. She decided that she'd take it but forbid herself from indulging in whatever it may be. Zalena extends her wet hands while she trembles and releases a shaky breath. Once Castiel arrives Zalena felt some form of a sensation when he wrapped his arm around her. Which only made her cry even more, she didn't deserve whatever feeling that was but right now she was desperate. She was desperate for the offering, desperate for Castiel's affection, and desperate for Mary and Ruby not being dead. "Please..please come back, Castiel." ( @King Crimson @GingerBread )

Castiel

Castiel had second thoughts when Zalena almost begged for him to come back, he took a shaky breath and took a step back towards Zalena before slowly wrapping one of his arms around her again. "I-It's.. It's alright.. I'll stay.. for as long as you want me to.." Castiel didn't really feel comfortable about being the one to comfort Zalena; He wasn't good at making people feel better on a good day.. and today was the furthest thing he could have from a good day. Although he felt it'd be better if he left and let someone else help Zalena, he wanted to stay, because he felt like he owed Zalena after she helped him.. and he felt more.. at ease around Zalena, than everyone else, since she had been the one to help make him feel better only moments prior.

Castiel started rubbing Zalena's arm again, unsure of what to really do to make her feel better, he thought about giving Zalena a hug to make her feel better, and he kind of wanted a hug himself, though he decided against it; He doubted that he was really helping her to feel any better, since she had cried even more when he came over and wrapped an arm around her. "I-If... If you want me to go... Just... Just say and I'll leave you alone.."

@Light @King Crimson

Zalena

Zalena didn't want Castiel to go but she just couldn't speak at the moment. She continues to cry but the most she does is lean further in Castiel's embrace. At this moment she had many conflicting emotions and in all honesty she couldn't handle them all so for now she'd have to share them. While still waiting for the small demon to offer her something, Zalena looks up into Castiel's eyes with her own teary ones. For the time being she'd just convey her feelings through deep eye contact. She wanted him to get rid of the guilt and the pain, this was not something she was used to. Death just wasn't...wasn't something she could accept. Especially when it's a friend like Mary. ( @King Crimson @GingerBread )

Zalena

Zalena didn't want Castiel to go but she just couldn't speak at the moment. She continues to cry but the most she does is lean further in Castiel's embrace. At this moment she had many conflicting emotions and in all honesty she couldn't handle them all so for now she'd have to share them. While still waiting for the small demon to offer her something, Zalena looks up into Castiel's eyes with her own teary ones. For the time being she'd just convey her feelings through deep eye contact. She wanted him to get rid of the guilt and the pain, this was not something she was used to. Death just wasn't...wasn't something she could accept. Especially when it's a friend like Mary. ( @King Crimson @GingerBread )

Zalena

( The demon is sliding into her DMs )

Zalena looks up from her hands at the little demon offering her things to possibly make her feel better. She didn't deserve it but she couldn't just turn him away so rudely. It was a very sweet gesture after all, going through the trouble of collecting whatever it was for her. She decided that she'd take it but forbid herself from indulging in whatever it may be. Zalena extends her wet hands while she trembles and releases a shaky breath. Once Castiel arrives Zalena felt some form of a sensation when he wrapped his arm around her. Which only made her cry even more, she didn't deserve whatever feeling that was but right now she was desperate. She was desperate for the offering, desperate for Castiel's affection, and desperate for Mary and Ruby not being dead. "Please..please come back, Castiel." ( @King Crimson @GingerBread )

The small beast deposits a handful of the colorful confectioneries into the palm of Zalena's hand, in his quiet, gruff voice, he adds, "Courtesy of masta Wicka, ma'am; the luxurious M&M."  

Giggi was in truth, unsettled by Castiel's arrival; for he was far bigger, stronger and if his earlier claims of being heir to an entire realm were true, of far higher station than the lowly imp could ever hope to be, making Giggi feel insignificant in comparison.

Nevertheless, he had vowed to come here in his master's service, so he buried his jealously under his usual, unreadable, blank grimace.

@Light @GingerBread

Faolan

Faolan had turned around fully by this point, looking at Austrianna and Juniper, a look a bewilderment on his face. He opened his mouth to speak, but closed it quickly, before opening once more, and closing it again. He looked from left to right and closed his eyes, a frustrated grunt escaping his throat as he bit his lip and sat quietly with his head down. Inside his mind however, his thoughts ran rampant, 'She's ENCOURAGING her! I hate when this happens, it's never funny, it always freaks me out, and- and-... she always pretends to forget everything we do! I try to talk to her about what we did last week, and every time after she does this, she's all, 'Oh I'm sorry, I don't remember that!' and mom and dad always give her special attention, and-'

He bit his lip harshly to keep himself from yelling, finding just a few tears welling up as he thought about the subject. He took a few deep breaths in and out as best he could, continuing to not look up. Once he collected himself he attempted to pick back up his thought process, 'I just want to be able to hold one conversation with her about what happened a week ago without her acting like she doesn't know me! I'm not that forgettable...I'm not...' He clutched his arms, looking up to Austrianna and Juniper with no tears in his eyes, but still silent. He took one last deep breath before going into a pout as he awaited Juniper's 'questions'.

@Light

Castiel

Castiel was totally and completely lost on what to do to help Zalena; He didn't know why she was upset.. He didn't know if she was in pain, or was upset over people dying and he had no idea what to say or do to make her feel any better. When Zalena looked directly into his eyes, Castiel figured that she was trying to tell him something.. though he had no idea what that was; This was, to him, one of the worst days ever, so he didn't know what Zalena was so distraught about, since there had been a lot of bad stuff that had happened. "Zalena... If you don't tell me what's wrong.. I-I.. I won't be able to help you.... And... And I do want to help you.." He looked down at the small demon, that was giving Zalena things, giving him a small smile before looking away. The small demon, made Castiel feel slightly guilty, since the demon seemed to know what to do to help Zalena feel better, while he had no idea himself.

@Light @King Crimson

6a71e7ce44f8e2ceaf0e0409b4530585.jpg

Valente

( As we all know this thread has lacked energy and I myself have been lacking in replies. I apologize for this, it's nobodies fault but my own. You're all really amazing people with beautiful characters for their own individual reasons and I apologize once more for wasting both your time and their potential the past few weeks. I've found it hard to be creative and I've been treating this more like a chore rather than the fun hobby I used to love roleplaying for. It may be because it's potentially my last roleplay if this doesn't need another installment. With that being said it's still no excuse. There's a lot going on with school, things I'm doing for the sake of others, stress, and emotions I can't control anymore. I'm at a loss for what I should do with all this stress and bottled up emotion. I feel like I'll just burst into tears one day at this point because I literally can't even anymore. At this point I'm rambling so let me get to the point. No I'm not okay and people refuse to make things better, but fuck it I'll roll with it and hope you peeps can stick around for what I have in store. I'm starting to look at this like the fun hobby it used to be rather than a chore and I'm ready to go! )

As the supervisor returned to the area to let the kids know that the guards would be on their way in the time-span of ten minutes black aura began to pool up around the floor. Out of this aura burst a large degenerate which swallowed the entire group, dragon and all. Instead of falling down a dark drop the kids were safely planted on their feet in the largest castle room since Leo was also in his dragon form. Individual degenerates spit up RJ since he went off on his own, again. This left the supervisor standing with nothing but a slightly shocked expression for a brief moment. This wasn't because she didn't know what took her, it's because she knew what and who had took them. This made her want to keep an eye out for these children from now on since they could prove to be more involved in things than they seem. "If they're connected to her then this would mean that. No...I'll need more information before I come to a conclusion." The supervisor walks out of the garden with a conflicted expression. After a few steps she enters a portal to return to her current place of stay.  

Valente looks at the ranks of children before and instantly reads the message. Things have gone terribly wrong for them all and this was just the beginning of their journey to liberate the world from the clutches of the monarchs. She had summoned them down with charged power since they have defeated a monarch but didn't know this had happened. She was meant to explain what the surge of spiritual power they had received represents and could do but right now just seemed like it wasn't the time. Her eyes drift over to the dead body of Augustine, Ruby, and Mary so Valente could do nothing but display a face of sorrow. She didn't want the kids to die even though there was a risk nor did she want them to kill but in this situation it seemed like it was the only thing they could do. As an adult-especially the one who sent them out on the journey to defeat the monarchs Valente had to accept both responsibility for the death count and the emotions that come with it. "Before I say anything, if there are words even out of hatred to be pointed towards me. Please do not hesitate to voice them." At this moment all of their souls felt slightly stronger than normal and was beginning to mingle with three of the senses. It seemed like some souls like Leo's could be seen as a light blue aura. Some souls like Castiel's could be felt as if it were wind breezing by. Lastly some souls like Ree could even be heard as an airy sigh due to it's flow. Souls like RJ, Eppie, Marshall, Suria, and Clark were significantly weaker than others with Eppie's being the weakest.

This scene only proved to confuse Juniper even more with the addition of Faolan's expression. "What's going on? What is this?" Juniper scoots closer to Faolan and looks up to him for answers, finding herself borderline panicking. There was obvious fear and confusion in her eyes when she stares into Faolan's own.

Zalena on the other hand shuts her eyes tightly and holds the M&M's in her hand as if it were her own life, making it obvious that she deeply appreciated the gesture from Giggi. "Mary...Mary is dead because I couldn't protect her." This statement was to both Castiel and Valente. She opens her eyes and for once glares, sending this directly at Valente and at the girl in the reflection within Valente's eyes. This girl within Valente's eyes had glowing black and red hair the more she stared at herself. Growing angry at both herself and the woman by the name of Valente. "I thought I would be strong enough to protect her and everyone...to be a hero. You told us that we were chosen heroes and I foolishly believed you. Now Mary isn't even here to see that you've deceived her, the most honest girl here. I don't know if anyone here liked her as much as I did but if they just talked to her then I guarantee that they'd agree; Mary would have been a great person. Someone this realm didn't deserve. You have all this knowledge on us and this prophecy! So you should know how to bring her back!" Zalena began to pull herself out of Castiel's arms with her anger and sorrow fueling her sudden change in attitude. "Give her back! Ruby too! I know she didn't like me around much but that doesn't mean I feel the same!" Zalena had suddenly lost her vigor and fell back into Castiel's arms, unable to control her storm of emotions. She buries her head in his chest while she clings on to him tightly. "Give them back." Is all she could say into his chest before bursting into a heavy sob. 

( Castle )

( @Tazmodo @King Crimson @CelticSol @GingerBread @LokiofSP @Daimao @Embaga Elder )

RJ looked around. He didn't know what all thus soul stuff was he just wanted to move on. He saw Zalena break down again. "You can't bring them back the reapers won't allow it. I tried. There's only one loop hole but no one has the power to do it but my mom and brother. And they lack the experience to use such a technique so when we due it's down. Game over. I just want to get this over with." He sat down next to Clark. He was the only family he had since his sister was missing as well.

Clark shrugged his shoulders. "I mean I had no connection with those two or any of you. So I don't expect you to die for me because you don't have any connection to me. So call me when you want your cut fixed or a shield around you I guess. Just don't let the healer die." He looked down to RJ and thenjoy to Valente. "So my sister has been missing since Egypt. I don't think she got shot up but it's been a long time since I've seen her. Is she alive? If not I'll be pissed." 

Castiel

Castiel stayed quiet while Zalena shouted at Valente; He didn't really blame her for what happened and he didn't think that just because they were told that they would help save the world, didn't mean that it was true, or that they'd breeze through it. When Zalena was done and started sobbing into his chest, he just gently wrapped his arms around her. "I-I.. I know how you feel Zalena.... I know how much it hurts...Castiel smiled down at Zalena and started slowly rubbing circles on Zalena's back; He had no idea what to say or do to make her feel better, and was just hoping that he was helping in some way, by doing what he was doing, but he had never had to be in this posision before, so he was almost completely lost on what to do.

Castiel looked over at Valente, noticing some of the people around him were glowing blue, and even though Valente had steered them wrong, and left them unprepared for the most part, he figured that she was still their best source of information at the time being. "S-So.. Why are some of us glowing blue? would you happen to know the reason for that? Or is that something we'll have to figure out ourselves?" Castiel looked back at Zalena after he finished asking Valente questions.

Castiel wasn't planning to say anything else, simply because he wasn't in the mood to talk to anyone, or start any sort of discussion. But, when Rj and Clark spoke up, and were just almost completely uncaring about everything, especially the deaths that had happened. Castiel stepped away from Zalena and out of the hug as he looked at Clark. "You don't care because you didn't know them? And you have the gall to say 'Don't let the healer die'?! yet I didn't see you healing anyone at any point, yet one of the people who was healing someone, did die. But why would you care about that?! You didn't know them personally, so why should you care? I guess you only heal people you do know then? Is that it? Is that why you didn't bother to help people?!"

Castiel was furious as he turned towards RJ, addressing him next. "Do you seriously not care either? You jumped in without a second thought, because you wanted to be a big god damn hero and... and.. because of that, we went in with no sort of strategy or plan" Castiel took a deep breath and started moving towards RJ and clark as he got angrier as he thought about everything that could've been avoided if they had some sort of plan.  "Because of that, everyone was doing their own thing and people got injured.. Two people, Mary and R-Ruby.. Got killed! But you just sit there, saying 'Game over' and how you just want to get this over with; Not showing even the slightest bit of respect" 

Castiel was furious at RJ; He had already angered him, by jumping into the fight with Augustine without giving anyone time to make a plan, or even prepare themselves, and now he was just not caring that people were grieving over the loss of people they cared about, only caring about himself and how he wanted to get it over with, like everyone else was just enjoying a lovely picnic and they all were having a lovely time, as people they cared about died. Castiel found himself getting angrier, he clenched his fists as he started feeling like beating a lesson into RJ, and anyone else who thinks they're the only one who matters in the world.

@Light @Tazmodo @King Crimson @CelticSol @LokiofSP

Zalena Valente

Zalena notices Castiel's own angry behavior and holds on to his shirt from behind him, giving him a look that would tell him to stop if he turned his head. Right now him getting in a fight against both RJ and Clark wouldn't be the best idea even if she did think they were awful for what they said. When Castiel verbally told them how wrong they were that was enough , she didn't want any further injury in the group. "Castiel, it's not worth it. Please stop it, I don't want any more violence going around for a while. Being angry and yelling is fine but this?" She gestures to his balled up fists with a small frown. "You're losing your cool and you're regularly are a cool guy." Zalena moves her hands to his right fist since it took two of her hands to equal up to the size of one of his own. She holds his hand in her own and changes the frown on her face into a calming smile. Valente uses this opportunity to answer Castiel's question since he's still enough to hear her. "That blue aura is your soul. Every time you carry out a piece of your task your soul becomes stronger and easier to sense between you all. It builds by cooperating and listening to your leaders. Killing, not helping, and simply being the opposite of an ally is what makes it smaller. There are many different abilities that come with these soul based abilities and this is what I wanted to talk about but...some tragedies take urgency." ( @GingerBread )

Valente

( As we all know this thread has lacked energy and I myself have been lacking in replies. I apologize for this, it's nobodies fault but my own. You're all really amazing people with beautiful characters for their own individual reasons and I apologize once more for wasting both your time and their potential the past few weeks. I've found it hard to be creative and I've been treating this more like a chore rather than the fun hobby I used to love roleplaying for. It may be because it's potentially my last roleplay if this doesn't need another installment. With that being said it's still no excuse. There's a lot going on with school, things I'm doing for the sake of others, stress, and emotions I can't control anymore. I'm at a loss for what I should do with all this stress and bottled up emotion. I feel like I'll just burst into tears one day at this point because I literally can't even anymore. At this point I'm rambling so let me get to the point. No I'm not okay and people refuse to make things better, but fuck it I'll roll with it and hope you peeps can stick around for what I have in store. I'm starting to look at this like the fun hobby it used to be rather than a chore and I'm ready to go! )

As the supervisor returned to the area to let the kids know that the guards would be on their way in the time-span of ten minutes black aura began to pool up around the floor. Out of this aura burst a large degenerate which swallowed the entire group, dragon and all. Instead of falling down a dark drop the kids were safely planted on their feet in the largest castle room since Leo was also in his dragon form. Individual degenerates spit up RJ since he went off on his own, again. This left the supervisor standing with nothing but a slightly shocked expression for a brief moment. This wasn't because she didn't know what took her, it's because she knew what and who had took them. This made her want to keep an eye out for these children from now on since they could prove to be more involved in things than they seem. "If they're connected to her then this would mean that. No...I'll need more information before I come to a conclusion." The supervisor walks out of the garden with a conflicted expression. After a few steps she enters a portal to return to her current place of stay.  

Valente looks at the ranks of children before and instantly reads the message. Things have gone terribly wrong for them all and this was just the beginning of their journey to liberate the world from the clutches of the monarchs. She had summoned them down with charged power since they have defeated a monarch but didn't know this had happened. She was meant to explain what the surge of spiritual power they had received represents and could do but right now just seemed like it wasn't the time. Her eyes drift over to the dead body of Augustine, Ruby, and Mary so Valente could do nothing but display a face of sorrow. She didn't want the kids to die even though there was a risk nor did she want them to kill but in this situation it seemed like it was the only thing they could do. As an adult-especially the one who sent them out on the journey to defeat the monarchs Valente had to accept both responsibility for the death count and the emotions that come with it. "Before I say anything, if there are words even out of hatred to be pointed towards me. Please do not hesitate to voice them." At this moment all of their souls felt slightly stronger than normal and was beginning to mingle with three of the senses. It seemed like some souls like Leo's could be seen as a light blue aura. Some souls like Castiel's could be felt as if it were wind breezing by. Lastly some souls like Ree could even be heard as an airy sigh due to it's flow. Souls like RJ, Eppie, Marshall, Suria, and Clark were significantly weaker than others with Eppie's being the weakest.

This scene only proved to confuse Juniper even more with the addition of Faolan's expression. "What's going on? What is this?" Juniper scoots closer to Faolan and looks up to him for answers, finding herself borderline panicking. There was obvious fear and confusion in her eyes when she stares into Faolan's own.

Zalena on the other hand shuts her eyes tightly and holds the M&M's in her hand as if it were her own life, making it obvious that she deeply appreciated the gesture from Giggi. "Mary...Mary is dead because I couldn't protect her." This statement was to both Castiel and Valente. She opens her eyes and for once glares, sending this directly at Valente and at the girl in the reflection within Valente's eyes. This girl within Valente's eyes had glowing black and red hair the more she stared at herself. Growing angry at both herself and the woman by the name of Valente. "I thought I would be strong enough to protect her and everyone...to be a hero. You told us that we were chosen heroes and I foolishly believed you. Now Mary isn't even here to see that you've deceived her, the most honest girl here. I don't know if anyone here liked her as much as I did but if they just talked to her then I guarantee that they'd agree; Mary would have been a great person. Someone this realm didn't deserve. You have all this knowledge on us and this prophecy! So you should know how to bring her back!" Zalena began to pull herself out of Castiel's arms with her anger and sorrow fueling her sudden change in attitude. "Give her back! Ruby too! I know she didn't like me around much but that doesn't mean I feel the same!" Zalena had suddenly lost her vigor and fell back into Castiel's arms, unable to control her storm of emotions. She buries her head in his chest while she clings on to him tightly. "Give them back." Is all she could say into his chest before bursting into a heavy sob. 

( Castle )

( @Tazmodo @King Crimson @CelticSol @GingerBread @LokiofSP @Daimao @Embaga Elder )

Zalena Valente

Zalena notices Castiel's own angry behavior and holds on to his shirt from behind him, giving him a look that would tell him to stop if he turned his head. Right now him getting in a fight against both RJ and Clark wouldn't be the best idea even if she did think they were awful for what they said. When Castiel verbally told them how wrong they were that was enough , she didn't want any further injury in the group. "Castiel, it's not worth it. Please stop it, I don't want any more violence going around for a while. Being angry and yelling is fine but this?" She gestures to his balled up fists with a small frown. "You're losing your cool and you're regularly are a cool guy." Zalena moves her hands to his right fist since it took two of her hands to equal up to the size of one of his own. She holds his hand in her own and changes the frown on her face into a calming smile. Valente uses this opportunity to answer Castiel's question since he's still enough to hear her. "That blue aura is your soul. Every time you carry out a piece of your task your soul becomes stronger and easier to sense between you all. It builds by cooperating and listening to your leaders. Killing, not helping, and simply being the opposite of an ally is what makes it smaller. There are many different abilities that come with these soul based abilities and this is what I wanted to talk about but...some tragedies take urgency." ( @GingerBread )

"Zalena's right, Castiel. We're not gonna get anywhere by turning against each other."

Ree turns toward the group and adds "We've all had a pretty stressful couple of days, I think it's pretty obvious that we could use a short break, maybe save that stuff for later, y'know?"

Ree turns to Valente and nervously stammers, "...I-If that's okay with you, I mean it's your castle, after all!"

@Tazmodo @King Crimson @CelticSol @GingerBread @LokiofSP @Daimao @Embaga Elder 

Castiel

Castiel knew that injuring two more members of their group was the furthest thing from a good idea, but that didn't stop him from wanting to. He came to his senses when he heard Ree and Zalena bring up the fact that it wasn't a good idea. "I saw my sister die in front of my eyes! Twice! And they're just sitting there, like none of this matters at all! Like, their life mattered more... More than..." Castiel gently, but quickly pulled his hand away from Zalena's as he felt tears start to well up in his eyes. He turned away from the group and started to walk away, aiming to leave the Castle and get away from everyone; He didn't want anyone to see him crying and think he was weak, or see that bringing up his sister's death was a way to get to him.

@Light @Tazmodo @King Crimson @CelticSol @GingerBread @LokiofSP @Daimao @Embaga Elder

Valente

Valente nods her head at Ree due to the you guys girls misunderstanding. This castle wasn't her castle even though it appeared to be, in reality they had rightful ownership. "No, this is your castle after all. You can stay as long as you like, I'm just here to make sure things run smoothly. I've done a terrible job at that front. Is there anything I can help you with?" ( @King Crimson )

Zalena

Zalena watches Castiel leave with a frown of her own and chases after him almost instinctively. Once she catches up to Castiel she jumps up and wraps her arms around him from behind. She doesn't say anything but she continues to hug him tightly, offering her body for comfort since she wasn't very warm. He didn't have to cry alone and suffer by himself. She was here so he had someone to hold. She wouldn't want Castiel to feel isolated in his own emotions. She buries her face into his back and takes deep but slow breaths. At this closeness he can clearly feel the slow beating of her heart. ( @GingerBread )

Castiel

Castiel quickly wiped his eyes as he felt someone jump onto his back before glancing around and seeing Zalena was clinging onto, and burying her face into his back. Castiel noticed that she was so close, that he could feel the slow beat of her heart. But even though she was clinging onto his back, Castiel continued walking, though he made sure to walk at a slower pace. "...Zalena.. I-I... I just want to be alone right now.." Castiel didn't really believe that he wanted to be alone, and he didn't sound like he did either, But he felt like he should be alone, and not burden anyone else with his problems, since they all had things to deal with, after... everything that had happened. "I-I... I'd also like to just sit down... so could you get off my back... Please..?"

@Light

Suria

Suria slowly awoke, blinking a few times and yawning, stretching out his body as he did so. He stumbled over to Valente, vaguely making out something to do with talking about her if there was anything wrong and then Castiel got angry, and then he was walking off, and Zalena followed or something and then his vision evened out. He took a few steps towards them and watched as she hugged him; he briefly thought about talking to Castiel despite Zalena's presence, he decided against it, instead shrugging and walking past the two, heading to the entrance and looking out the distance and sitting down with his legs crossed. He placed his chin in the palm of him hand, and allowed his mind to wonder a bit, 'I wonder if I should ask Valente about that outline or whatever, maybe even ask her why my soul wasn't as cool feeling as the others...eh.' He visibly shrugged at this thought, his thoughts then turning to Mary, 'I hope they bury Garfunkel and Oats properly, she seemed not as annoying as some of the other people here...' He briefly considered sleeping, though opted against it because for the first time ever, he actually felt rested.

Kristen

When Zalena had woken up, Kristen had gasped. She instinctively reached out to grab her sister as she began to call Mary's name, she had wanted to tell her, but before she knew it, she had been told of Mary's fate by someone else, and was already up stumbling after some boy. There was an initial moment of disappointment after that, she had really wanted to take a moment and talk about everything that had just happened with her sister, tell her how glad she was she was alive, how scared she was, but she had already left. The words were right there in her throat, yet without her intended target to listen, she had a moment of awkwardness as she was left to deal with whatever she was going through alone seemingly.

Then Kristen decided she no longer wanted to feel upset, and got up to go find something to do.

She walked up quickly to Valente, tapping her fist against her thigh as she asked her question, "So, this place has to have a sparring room or something right? I mean, how else are we supposed to train to beat Monarchs or whatever, unless we're just supposed to do it here in which case that's also alright I gue-" She cleared her throat, realizing that she was rambling. She crossed her arms in an attempt to still herself, but all that resulted in was her instead tapping her foot, "So yeah, sparring room, where is it?"

@Light

Valente

Valente nods her head at Ree due to the you guys girls misunderstanding. This castle wasn't her castle even though it appeared to be, in reality they had rightful ownership. "No, this is your castle after all. You can stay as long as you like, I'm just here to make sure things run smoothly. I've done a terrible job at that front. Is there anything I can help you with?" ( @King Crimson )

Zalena

Zalena watches Castiel leave with a frown of her own and chases after him almost instinctively. Once she catches up to Castiel she jumps up and wraps her arms around him from behind. She doesn't say anything but she continues to hug him tightly, offering her body for comfort since she wasn't very warm. He didn't have to cry alone and suffer by himself. She was here so he had someone to hold. She wouldn't want Castiel to feel isolated in his own emotions. She buries her face into his back and takes deep but slow breaths. At this closeness he can clearly feel the slow beating of her heart. ( @GingerBread )

"O-Oh! Well, I guess I could really go for a good meal and a bed right about now. I haven't eaten anything but trail mix for the past couple of days and some of the guys are starting to get kind of...unhinged."

Ree nods over to Jaggi, who out of desperation and unsated hunger, is madly attempting to devour one of the castle's degenerates.

Giggi, seeing that Zalena had left him in the cold, sits down and eats the remainder of his hard-earned M&M's, while watching his brethren's fruitless endeavor to devour the castle staff.

He betta' find some food quick, feelin' pretty starved meself. He thought, as he shoved another one of the hard-shelled chocolates into his mouth.

@Light   

Zalena

Zalena flinches at Castiel mentioning that they should separate from one another. She didn't want to leave him alone but then again she did want him to feel comfortable. Zalena stops hanging off of Castiel but stays beside him to at least let him know he's not standing alone. Zalena still doesn't say a word but looks at Castiel with empathetic eyes, holding out her hand for him to take. She didn't want to be alone herself so she definitely wouldn't put someone in that lonely position when it came to a loss. Castiel is in fact strong but he's not invincible which is why at some point in life he'd need somebody and if that person was her she'd be more than willing. ( @GingerBread )

Valente

Valente thinks on a response to Kristen's question since she had to answer carefully. Valente can't access all of the wrongs since she's magically forbidden to. Rooms like their bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, and sparring room were off limits  to her.  "Well yes but I wouldn't know what's in it. I can't go to certain places in this castle so you'll have to look for it upstairs and see what it's like. Maybe you can offer hosting a team against team capture the flag game around the castle lands for training. Since working as a team would be good." Valente turns to Ree after addressing Kristen. "The same applies, I can't walk into the bedrooms or the kitchen so you'll have to examine that on your own." ( @King Crimson @LokiofSP )

Yin wakes up her small hands flying to her eyes. She couldn't see anything.... Her eyes were open, she knew they were. She only saw blackness. She tried to calm down but she felt her heart begin racing. "Hello? Is anyone there? I.. I. Can't see." She tried not to sound scared but failed miserably. She felt her staff pressed against her leg and grabbed it. She stood to the best of her abilities and stared into the distance. 

@Anyone (Yes, I am Back)

Castiel

When Zalena got off of his back, Castiel looked around at her and gave a her a small, sad smile. He gingerly placed his hand in hers before pulling it away and letting it drop to his side. He turned away from Zalena as he leaned up against a wall and let himself slide down into a sitting posision. "I-I'm... I'm fine.. Don't think you have to stay or anything..." Castiel brought his hands up to his face and sighed into them, trying to hold back the tears until he was sure Zalena was gone, so that he wouldn't accidentally guilt her into staying by crying in front of her. "S-Seriously... I-I.. I-I'm fine" Castiel desperately tried to choke back a sob, but failed and broke down into tears.

@Light

(Sorry for the inactivity but I'm back)

RJ stared into Castiel's eyes with a cold expression. "I cared about Ruby too she was a friend. I tried to revive her but a reaper took her. But I won't let that get in the way of the mission. And about the other girl sure it's sad she was a team member but do you honestly expect not to have casualties? I don't expect to make it out alive nor do I expect any of you. I hope you will you seem like good people but good people die. The more you dwell on it the worst it will get. I miss Ruby but I let it go. Also maybe before we go fight someone why don't our fearless leaders who are supposed to guide us come up with a plan or I don't know take a breather to train as a group so cluster fucks like that don't happen. Yeah I charged in because we were on a big ass bird in the sky any moment he could have seen us and we'd really be fucked. Next time do your damn job and don't just go around pointing fingers." He said what he needed to and walked away from the group. Until the next thing they get sent on he'd rather not spend his time arguing. 

Clark watched RJ walk away and looked at Castiel. "We don't mean to be disrespectful and all but we're just being realistic and no I have no problem with anyone it's just I can't go rushing off into battle to heal I'll be defenseless it's not how my power work. You would know if you bothered to ask anyone and try to develop synergy. Mary's power was more suited for out on the field she could transfer injuries to other people I have to stay on the sidelines." @GingerBread @Light 

Demetria

Just a few moments ago Demetria was staring up a the night sky of Spain at her father's third castle. She was only there to receive education on empathy since her father was so insistent on loyalty towards him. Why he was doing this was beyond her. It was pointless to develop a sense of loyalty to a being she'd more than likely kill in the future to rise up in the world. If she didn't kill him she'd just inherit his power and naturally forget about him anyways, there was no true reason as to why she should have any attachment her parent. Raising her was his responsibility and using him to succeed was hers as well. Putting that matter aside she was now standing not too far away from a castle next to a male in a blue hoodie with white hair. Her eyes scan the area until they stay locked on the boy. She had her high guard up even though she wasn't showing it just in case this was a planned assassination. "Were you the one who summoned me or were you summoned alongside me? Either option seems very unfortunate for you." Demetria could sense the presence of other souls within the castle, at least letting her know the next set of people were decently far away.  ( @Vol )

Carnage

Within Yin's mind Carnage begins to stir once more, finding her useless once again. Maybe this time a little encouragement would actually make empowering her worthwhile. "What are you afraid of? Stop whinning, your parents are probably going through worse anyways. Your mother is more than likely dead and your father may be on his way as well. So at least become useful and stop whining on my watch." ( @The Imperial Flame )

Zalena

Zalena was about to continue comforting Castiel but Clark came along with them. "I-I don't want to talk about that right now. You're just so..awful. I think you should just leave us alone. I don't to make new friends right now and Castiel doesn't want many people around." Zalena for once didn't want to be around someone as tolerant as she regularly was. This chapter in her life was one she wishes never happened at all. She sits down next to Castiel and sets her hand on his knee, at least letting him know she was here. ( @GingerBread @Tazmodo )

Zalena

Zalena flinches at Castiel mentioning that they should separate from one another. She didn't want to leave him alone but then again she did want him to feel comfortable. Zalena stops hanging off of Castiel but stays beside him to at least let him know he's not standing alone. Zalena still doesn't say a word but looks at Castiel with empathetic eyes, holding out her hand for him to take. She didn't want to be alone herself so she definitely wouldn't put someone in that lonely position when it came to a loss. Castiel is in fact strong but he's not invincible which is why at some point in life he'd need somebody and if that person was her she'd be more than willing. ( @GingerBread )

Valente

Valente thinks on a response to Kristen's question since she had to answer carefully. Valente can't access all of the wrongs since she's magically forbidden to. Rooms like their bedrooms, bathrooms, kitchen, and sparring room were off limits  to her.  "Well yes but I wouldn't know what's in it. I can't go to certain places in this castle so you'll have to look for it upstairs and see what it's like. Maybe you can offer hosting a team against team capture the flag game around the castle lands for training. Since working as a team would be good." Valente turns to Ree after addressing Kristen. "The same applies, I can't walk into the bedrooms or the kitchen so you'll have to examine that on your own." ( @King Crimson @LokiofSP )

"Well that wasn't the answer I wanted to hear. Guess I'll have to do some exploring later..." Ree replies with an idle scratch of the head and a disappointed, sidelong glance.

Crossing her arms across her chest and inquisitively tilting her head, Ree suddenly adds, "Wait..If you aren't allowed in the kitchen, how did you get food? What is the deal with you and this castle, anyways?"

@Light

Users who are viewing this thread

Back