• Alice

Votes: 1 33.3%
  • Athena

• Tie

• Total voters
(NEXT ARC BEGINNING)

In a dark realm, nestled halfway between the realm of mortals and the realm of immortal deities, a masked woman in black crossed an immense throne room, hands clasped behind her back around a neat file folder. Some people huddled around the room whispered feverishly as she came to a stop before the steps leading to an elaborate, obsidian throne, her back needle-straight, shoulder back in perfect posture. Unlike many, who bowed to him upon coming to the base of that throne, she did not. She simply stood, her masked face lifting to look at him. “How does she stay calm?” Some whispered. “How is she not afraid?” Others commented on her mask, on her the red shawl shading her already covered face. They commented on the ease in her limbs, even before a man who had, without thought or remorse, slaughtered people not for any particular reason except for the simple fact that he could.

Said man, draped over the throne in the ultimate pose of self indulgent nonchalance - his legs over on armrest of the chair, his head resting on the other - shifted as she approached; the simple action hushed the observers, their whispers quieting further then dying as violet eyes looked from whatever interested him in the ceiling above to the tall, slender woman at the base of the steps. Where most would have flinched at the piercing gaze, or cringe at the unhinged wildness held within his eyes, she did not. She seemed as unphased as ever, her impassive mask and poised body language giving nothing away.

His voice echoed through the cavernous room, reverberating against the walls and making more than a few people flinch. “Give me your report,” At his word, she brought the file out in a move so smooth it bordered on mechanical. She paused a moment, looking up to the man. Not hesitant, not afraid, but asking permission. He granted it with a nod of his head, gesturing with to two fingers to come to him.

As she climbed up the six steps leading to his elevated throne, he shifted in his seat to sit straight and properly face her, spurring a few whispers.They quieted as she handed the folder to his awaiting hands, and spoke as he skimmed through it’s contents, “The Sins failed in their endeavour, Sovereign.”

The man, Sovereign, hummed, his eyes raising to look at her “All dead?”

Her head tilted to the side ever so slightly, reminding Sovereign of a bird, retort sharp and curt, “Does it matter?”

“I suppose not,” He mused, eyes back on the folder and flipping through another page, “A shame; I was curious to see where they were going with that plan of theirs…” He sighed, “Who thwarted them?”

“A guild.”

This startled a laugh from him. “A guild? You’re kidding.”

She nodded, remaining completely monotonous, “I’m not. They call themselves Dragon’s Roar. Most are magically inclined, or containing some form of inhuman abilities. The dossiers of information I’ve gleaned on the members are in there. Don’t take them by their dossiers, however; I’ve dug into the personal history of some members, and they are… formidable. What they lack in raw power, the members make up for in ingenuity.”

Sovereign raised an eyebrow at her; half for the thinly veiled praise, the other half for the fact that she had spoken significantly more than she ever bothered to in order to do so. “‘Formidable’? High praise from you, Krii.” ‘Krii’ faltered slightly, her confidently straight posture failing as she shifted her weight ever so slightly, her head dipping down. He returned to the papers with a small smile; catching his unflappable bodyguard off guard was always fun, and finding a hole in her nigh constant composure was a prize in of itself.

After skimming the papers one final time, he snapped the folder closed and handed it to an attendant at his side, “Put that with the other reports,” The attendant vanished with a nod of their head as Sovereign stood, Krii following behind by exactly 5 paces as they departed the throne room. He looked over his shoulder to his bodyguard, his crooked smile visible from the cut out of his mask, “Since the ‘children’ are done playing, I figured it’s time we put our own plan to motion, don’t you think? It’s about time we show them how it’s really done.”

Krii did not respond, but from behind that damnably calm mask, Sovereign felt like she was smiling.

A mortal realm hour after the meeting, halfway across the planet from the Dragon's Roar guild hall, the United Nations Headquarters in New York City exploded.

Last edited by a moderator:
Embaga Elder] [B]Finally you respond. So what's up with this devil thing Ashlyn[/B] He says as he starts floating and he crosses his legs Indian Style. [URL="https://www.rpnation.com/profile/10734-light/ said:
@Light[/URL]
"If you must know so badly. On my father's side, my grandfather is Lucifer." Ashlyn seemed extremely annoyed and upset with the fact that Inaro kept pushing her to say this.

Dreamtique said:
Earl teleports back to the guild, the sins are here. He is exhausted but he can't just stand and watch.
In the total havoc, something caught his attention. A sin that is flying away......

Sloth......

Ignoring all of the havoc happening around, Earl slowly approaches Sloth, uncontrollably.

Something "in" her just happen to caught his attention......

He starts to chase after her while she is flying away.

"Hey! You!" He starts to shout at her to try to catch her attention while chasing after her. He runs as fast as he could to keep track with her.

@Light (whether I fail to keep track or success, you decide )
DizjayDeathPride said:
Morpheus walked and followed the direction sloth had went when she left. She couldn't have gotten too far he assumed
Sloth had landed in the forest with her cat in a suit and her pegasus. She didn't know Earl and Morpheus followed her until it was too late. "So you're both here to kill me?"

DizjayDeathPride said:
With her essence gone it was a bit harder to follow and find Wrath but he had a dull sense of direction to her and walked after it
Lotusy said:
Malren only shrugged as the girl refused to get one, plodding away as a bear down towards the guild base. When he was halfway down, the rankups started flashing in his mind, and he chose them accordingly. Pi, huh? Well, I certainly have quite the rank now. He continued his rush down the hill, then waved when he saw Kinziel. He guessed there was some good and bad news for the ex-sin of Pride after their victory. As soon as he got close enough to speak and turned back to human, things got awkward. "So... um, did you feel it? All the sins that are..."@Light
Once Malren leaves and Decimus arrives, Kavael laughs to herself. "We won't be the last...." She takes a few rugged breaths and continues to speak. "Do you even know who your guild leader is related to? By blood?!" Kavael let's out an almost hysterical laugh. "I can feel it. We all could! From your find leader, within her veins we could feel the blood of Lucifer."

Kinziel nods her head to Malren's question. "Yes.... I did." She could feel the awkward tension as well. It seemed like Kinziel wasn't noticed on the battlefield, as if she couldn't be seen at all.

Lotusy said:
Sergio heard a call at his front door after he picked up the fluff. With the fluff in hand, he walked over. "Hello? Who is it?"
@Light
The banging gets louder as he gets closer.

Juju said:
Arwyn looked around for whoever had greeted her and was surprised to find a small dog looking up expectantly at her. "A talking dog? How strange." she said before kneeling down so that she would be somewhat level with the dog. "It is not everyday one meets a talking animal. Or maybe you arn't a dog at all?" she said while looking down at the creature.
@Light
"I am a dog! I have news to tell! Do you know where you are?"

Tazmodo said:
Jasmine shook her head. "It was hot but it didn't hurt. How long will this take?" Derek started to stir. *I told you not to do it. What if something he does works and we die.* *I trust him.* Derek started to take over and her body changed. "Enough with the experiments." Jasmine took back over. "No it's fine."
Ryan nodded and continued. "It appears to feel discomfort not pain. Will find out where the discomfort comes from." He raised his hand and created a hook of pure light. His intention was to see if possibly powers could damage the orb. He brought it down on the orb with a bit of force. Enough to Pierce if this worked but nor shatter it

CelticSol said:
(NEXT ARC BEGINNING)

In a dark realm, nestled halfway between the realm of mortals and the realm of immortal deities, a masked woman in black crossed an immense throne room, hands clasped behind her back around a neat file folder. Some people huddled around the room whispered feverishly as she came to a stop before the steps leading to an elaborate, obsidian throne, her back needle-straight, shoulder back in perfect posture. Unlike many, who bowed to him upon coming to the base of that throne, she did not. She simply stood, her masked face lifting to look at him. “How does she stay calm?” Some whispered. “How is she not afraid?” Others commented on her mask, on her the red shawl shading her already covered face. They commented on the ease in her limbs, even before a man who had, without thought or remorse, slaughtered people not for any particular reason except for the simple fact that he could.

Said man, draped over the throne in the ultimate pose of self indulgent nonchalance - his legs over on armrest of the chair, his head resting on the other - shifted as she approached; the simple action hushed the observers, their whispers quieting further then dying as violet eyes looked from whatever interested him in the ceiling above to the tall, slender woman at the base of the steps. Where most would have flinched at the piercing gaze, or cringe at the unhinged wildness held within his eyes, she did not. She seemed as unphased as ever, her impassive mask and poised body language giving nothing away.

His voice echoed through the cavernous room, reverberating against the walls and making more than a few people flinch. “Give me your report,” At his word, she brought the file out in a move so smooth it bordered on mechanical. She paused a moment, looking up to the man. Not hesitant, not afraid, but asking permission. He granted it with a nod of his head, gesturing with to two fingers to come to him.

As she climbed up the six steps leading to his elevated throne, he shifted in his seat to sit straight and properly face her, spurring a few whispers.They quieted as she handed the folder to his awaiting hands, and spoke as he skimmed through it’s contents, “The Sins failed in their endeavour, Sovereign.”

Her head tilted to the side ever so slightly, reminding Sovereign of a bird, retort sharp and curt, “Does it matter?”

“I suppose not,” He mused, eyes back on the folder and flipping through another page, “A shame; I was curious to see where they were going with that plan of theirs…” He sighed, “Who thwarted them?”

“A guild.”

She nodded, remaining completely monotonous, “I’m not. They call themselves Dragon’s Roar. Most are magically inclined, or containing some form of inhuman abilities. The dossiers of information I’ve gleaned on the members are in there. Don’t take them by their dossiers, however; I’ve dug into the personal history of some members, and they are… formidable. What they lack in raw power, the members make up for in ingenuity.”

Sovereign raised an eyebrow at her; half for the thinly veiled praise, the other half for the fact that she had spoken significantly more than she ever bothered to in order to do so. “‘Formidable’? High praise from you, Krii.” ‘Krii’ faltered slightly, her confidently straight posture failing as she shifted her weight ever so slightly, her head dipping down. He returned to the papers with a small smile; catching his unflappable bodyguard off guard was always fun, and finding a hole in her nigh constant composure was a prize in of itself.

After skimming the papers one final time, he snapped the folder closed and handed it to an attendant at his side, “Put that with the other reports,” The attendant vanished with a nod of their head as Sovereign stood, Krii following behind by exactly 5 paces as they departed the throne room. He looked over his shoulder to his bodyguard, his crooked smile visible from the cut out of his mask, “Since the ‘children’ are done playing, I figured it’s time we put our own plan to motion, don’t you think? It’s about time we show them how it’s really done.”

Krii did not respond, but from behind that damnably calm mask, Sovereign felt like she was smiling.

A mortal realm hour after the meeting, halfway across the planet from the Dragon's Roar guild hall, the United Nations Headquarters in New York City exploded.
Reed noticed the explosion on the news and teleported there. He cleared out the rumble and helped any survivors. He looked around for and indication of a bomb or source if explosion. He went into the ruble and made one final check to see if there were any survivors.

Light said:
"If you must know so badly. On my father's side, my grandfather is Lucifer." Ashlyn seemed extremely annoyed and upset with the fact that Inaro kept pushing her to say this.
Sloth had landed in the forest with her cat in a suit and her pegasus. She didn't know Earl and Morpheus followed her until it was too late. "So you're both here to kill me?"

Once Malren leaves and Decimus arrives, Kavael laughs to herself. "We won't be the last...." She takes a few rugged breaths and continues to speak. "Do you even know who your guild leader is related to? By blood?!" Kavael let's out an almost hysterical laugh. "I can feel it. We all could! From your find leader, within her veins we could feel the blood of Lucifer."

Kinziel nods her head to Malren's question. "Yes.... I did." She could feel the awkward tension as well. It seemed like Kinziel wasn't noticed on the battlefield, as if she couldn't be seen at all.

The banging gets louder as he gets closer.

"I am a dog! I have news to tell! Do you know where you are?"
Decimus raised an eyebrow once he found her. "Lucifer huh? Fascinating. Ill keep that in mind. I'm here to kill you and collect your corpse. Shall we make this difficult or simple?"

Morpheus shrugged. "Its nothing personal. I'm a toy collector. You sins would make amazing trophies. You're the only missing one. I'm sorry though"

DizjayDeathPride said:
Ryan nodded and continued. "It appears to feel discomfort not pain. Will find out where the discomfort comes from." He raised his hand and created a hook of pure light. His intention was to see if possibly powers could damage the orb. He brought it down on the orb with a bit of force. Enough to Pierce if this worked but nor shatter it
The core absorbed the light and Jasmine felt a rush of energy. The force ofor hit was healed by this energy. "What the hell was that?!" It hurt like hell.

Sage teleported to the location of the explosion. He looked at the destroyed building before going to help survivors. He helped person after persons until his grew raw from the constant grabbing and pushing of rumble.

CelticSol said:
(NEXT ARC BEGINNING)

“A guild.”

( @Dreamtique @Cadin shadow lord @DizjayDeathPride @Tazmodo @Lotusy @Juju @Embaga Elder @GingerBread @djinnamon )

Grimm pulls Isaac out the shadow realm and clears throat. "You seem like you want to join and you did help with the sins. So why don't you help us out now. You'll be a temporary member until I have your mission to permanently join." Grimm puts the inner symbol in Isaac. Grimm looks toward Arwyn and the dog. "Would you like to come too? There's a crisis and lives need saving!"

All other guild members can feel the inner symbol going haywire, drawing them to the United nations headquarters. They could either teleport to Reed to get there or use the guild as a teleportation beacon.

Light said:
Malren almost flinched as he saw Kinziel nod with the same awkward tension. "Well, uh... I'm sorry. If it helped, I toom out Wrath peacefully. Without a fight at all. She should be safe, unless the other member try and hunt her." As an anxious reflex, he started clenching his hand, summoning a different weapon each time. It's strange. Just a few minutes ago, I could stare down Wrath herslef, but I can't even face Kinziel right now. He shook his head, and kept balling up his hand. Ah, it's nothing.

The weapon in his hand kept changing from a spear, to a staff, to a polished sword. Mal was about to flick the sword away when he caught a glimpse of himself in the metal. Wow. I've really changed. He tilted the blade ever so slightly, to look at Kinziel. And somehow, she has too. It's like she's not even here... wait a second. As this new detail caught his attention, Malren started to worry. "Uh, Kinziel? You're here, right? Not just some figment of my imagination?" In the moment, a terrible fear clenched his heart. I might have lost her a long time ago. The wind howled more than ever, and for once, Malren realized just how cold the air was.

Of course, the tension in the air was immediately broken as DR members started panicking, teleporting frantically to some place or another. Malren personally felt the pull, deciding to take action. "Nevermind. Hold on, Kinziel." He teleported, feeling the tug of the beacon as he went.

Sergio rolled his eyes as the knocking just go louder. "Ugh. Dear, just tell me what you want!" He shouted, looking through the hole in the door.

@Light

Edit: Damn, my post was a little too late. I'll edit it.

Tazmodo said:
The core absorbed the light and Jasmine felt a rush of energy. The force ofor hit was healed by this energy. "What the hell was that?!" It hurt like hell.
Ryan's eyes got wide at this. "Interesting.... The subject absorbs. But power causes pain." He created a mini saw but his chest began to feel irritated. He ignored it, too focused on his discovery. "If this hurts too much, please let me know. But Im going to try and cut it open to see what I find inside." He brought the saw to the orb in an attempt to cut it. He poured power to the saw as it were being absorbed so it would last longer and keep cutting

Vance woke up when he felt his symbol irritating him again Are the sins back? I swear we killed them Vance got out of bed and got dressed before using the guild to teleport to where he symbol seemingly wanted him to.

Vance recognised the place as the UN headquarters and noticed that it was blown to pieces
Guess security has gone down since last time. And what am i meant to do? Help the people? Vance walked nonchalantly through the rubble, stepping over a few corpses.

@Light @Tazmodo @djinnamon

That's it? He sounds like he hoped it would be something more exciting. So you're related to the devil Lucifer mmkay. He takes a sip of his beer. I have another question....who's the girl that told me in the training room. @Light

Sage saw what Vance was doing and instantly stomped over to him after the last of the survivors in his area. " What you doing , do not have any respect for the dead. " he asked as he glared at Vance with anger.

GingerBread said:
Vance woke up when he felt his symbol irritating him again Are the sins back? I swear we killed them Vance got out of bed and got dressed before using the guild to teleport to where he symbol seemingly wanted him to.
Vance recognised the place as the UN headquarters and noticed that it was blown to pieces
Guess security has gone down since last time. And what am i meant to do? Help the people? Vance walked nonchalantly through the rubble, stepping over a few corpses.

@Light @Tazmodo @djinnamon

djinnamon said:
Sage saw what Vance was doing and instantly stomped over to him after the last of the survivors in his area. " What you doing , do not have any respect for the dead. " he asked as he glared at Vance with anger.
"Should I? The dead are more worthless than the living" Vance looked at Sage with a bored expression "I'm only here Cause the symbol i got for joining this Cult wouldn't shut up"

@djinnamon

Earl pauses a moment.

"I...I..." He utters.

"I find you...interesting......" He looks at sloth.

He turns and looks at the man beside him, signalling him to leave and give him and sloth some space and time to spend privately. @DizjayDeathPride

Sage growled. " You little , everyone is worth something , dead or live. If you don't think so , its obvious you have no heart. " he said before walking away his hair flowing behind him like a cape.

@GingerBread

djinnamon said:
Sage growled. " You little , everyone is worth something , dead or live. If you don't think so , its obvious you have no heart. " he said before walking away his hair flowing behind him like a cape.
@GingerBread
Vance causally walked behind Sage "I do have a heart, just one that's devoid of emotions. Part of being an assassin" Vance said as he smirked slightly

@djinnamon

Dreamtique said:
Earl pauses a moment.
"I...I..." He utters.

"I find you...interesting......" He looks at sloth.

He turns and looks at the man beside him, signalling him to leave and give him and sloth some space and time to spend privately. @DizjayDeathPride
Morpheus shook his head, his chest burning with the symbol. "No can do sir. I need to hurry my new home and providers are calling. Seriously, I'm sorry you're smitten for slothy-poo she's so cute but I really really need to get going please don't stand in my way"

( ! ) His hand turned to a gun and he pointed it to Sloth, a beam charging inside. "I promise to make sure you're nice and polished don't even worry"

@Light

Sage glanced behind him at the taller man who was following him. " Then you have a heart of stone, that is not any better. " He said before he crouched and helped another person out of the rumble. He suddenly facepalmed and the rocks began to float. He had forgotten he could use telekinetic.

GingerBread said:
Vance causally walked behind Sage "I do have a heart, just one that's devoid of emotions. Part of being an assassin" Vance said as he smirked slightly

@djinnamon

DizjayDeathPride said:
Ryan's eyes got wide at this. "Interesting.... The subject absorbs. But power causes pain." He created a mini saw but his chest began to feel irritated. He ignored it, too focused on his discovery. "If this hurts too much, please let me know. But Im going to try and cut it open to see what I find inside." He brought the saw to the orb in an attempt to cut it. He poured power to the saw as it were being absorbed so it would last longer and keep cutting
Jasmine felt her symbol burning. When he got close the core absorb light and shot back at him with energy. It drained Jasmine as she sat up and the core went back into her body to recharge. "We should go." She said sheepishly.

Reed does one final check to make sure everyone was out. He looked at the other members. "Have fun call me when you need me." He teleported to Asia and walked around with Newt on his shoulder.

djinnamon said:
Sage glanced behind him at the taller man who was following him. " Then you have a heart of stone, that is not any better. " He said before he crouched and helped another person out of the rumble. He suddenly facepalmed and the rocks began to float. He had forgotten he could use telekinetic.
"And why is having emotions any better?" Vance asked as he watched Sage lift rocks with what vance assumed was telekinesis "Do you enjoy experiencing all of your emotions?"

@djinnamon

DizjayDeathPride said:
Morpheus shook his head, his chest burning with the symbol. "No can do sir. I need to hurry my new home and providers are calling. Seriously, I'm sorry you're smitten for slothy-poo she's so cute but I really really need to get going please don't stand in my way"
( ! ) His hand turned to a gun and he pointed it to Sloth, a beam charging inside. "I promise to make sure you're nice and polished don't even worry"

@Light
"No!!! Stop!!!" Earl runs in front the man and tries to stop him.

"You don't understand...she is not like the others..."

"It is okay...really...leave her to me......" Earl looks at the man with a determined look.

"I am interested in what is "inside" her......" He turns around and looks at sloth. @DizjayDeathPride

Sage nodded. " Yes I do , I may feel sadness and pain but feeling happiness and all the positive emotions outweigh the bad. " he said as he freed more survivors without looking at Vance.

GingerBread said:
"And why is having emotions any better?" Vance asked as he watched Sage lift rocks with what vance assumed was telekinesis "Do you enjoy experiencing all of your emotions?"

@djinnamon

Users who are viewing this thread

Back