• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don't faulter now love

He smiled a little "Well, I send them my offerings and they answer my prayers. What do you think?" He smiled a little as he watched her.

-2 weeks-
Carmen had been sure that Ewan being home was going to make things easier on her health but she only seemed to be getting worse at the moment and she was beginning to think it was from the stress of not having enough money and seeing how bad Ewan was struggling with his nightmares. Her parents had arrived just two days ago now and already she'd rapidly declined since they'd showed up at the house but this morning had been the worst of it, from the moment she woke up she was feeling fuzzy and just wishing she had stayed in bed. On the other hand her parents had insisted she go out into town with them and so she'd been dragged along, begging them to go a little slower

Max laughed lightly but smiled wide "I would say yes then." She said before leaning forward and taking his hand in hers "So what brought you to talk to me? I've been curious ever since we first met." She murmured

Ewan frowned softly as he walked with Carmen and her parents. He didn't want to be out, he wanted to be home with her. His stress was off the walls right now with how bad her health was declining. He couldn't help but feel responsible for it as well. His nightmares had been awful, the money struggles of him not making enough to support both of them; it was wearing them both thin.

She frowned and leaned on him a little as her mother dragged them into another store, smiling a little when he immediately found her somewhere to sit down, just giving his hand a grateful squeeze.

He smiled and watched her with a shrug. “I thought you were beautiful. I didn’t have anything else to go off.” He told her honestly

Ewan gave a sigh of relief when they got into the next shop and saw a bench. He helped Carmen over and sat with her smiling softly "I'll try to get you home soon love." He said quietly

Max blushed at his compliment and gave a small nod. She sat there talking with him for the rest of dinner and through dessert. By the end she didn't want to really leave him, but all things had to come to an end. She sat in the car with him and leant over kissing his cheek gently as they arrived at her place "Thank you for a wonderful night Ivar."

She just nodded and frowned a little watching her mother browse. “Mom. Can you do this a different day? I don’t… i really think I need to get home.” She told her, starting to feel really weird until she fell forward off the seat and went into a seizure.

He nodded and smiled over at her. “I had a good time. It would be nice if we could do this again.” He told her gently.

Ewan went wide eyed when she went into a seizure. He immediately took the steps get her into a safe position and space while she went through it. He glared towards her mother shaking her head as she asked why this would be happening "Because you have yet again ignored your daughters obvious health issues! She has been unwell since you got here and you still dragged her out here." He snapped at her.

Max smiled softly and nodded a bit "Yeah, I think we could do that." She said happily

She came out of that one only a couple minutes later but was soon in a second one, the manager of the shop calling an ambulance for them

He nodded to her once they arrived back at her place. “I’ll call you tomorrow to arrange our next meeting.” He smiled

Ewan kept her close and tried to stay calm as he watched her. He felt a tear fall down his face feeling like this was all his fault for her getting the bad again.

Max nodded and smiled happily "I'll talk to you tomorrow then." She said sweetly before kissing his cheek again and leaving to go into her apartment.

She eventually came out of the second one as the emts were arriving and trying to get up, hearing Ewan explaining everything to them while she tried to get her vision focused so she could see where he was.

He smiled and watched her go, not leaving tik she was safely inside and his driver took him home

Ewan frowned deeply as he explained to the EMTs her medical issues and what was happening. He looked over at Carmen when he heard her groaning and went to her side with an EMT "Hey...hey baby take deep breaths alright?"

Max woke up the next morning and yawned smiling when she saw her phone light up with Ivar's name. She laughed lightly as she picked it up and answered his call "Well good morning Ivar."

She groaned a little, hearing his voice but not able to respond or see him was scaring her until they were moving her onto a stretcher and she passed out again, staying unconscious this time for hours until eventually coming around in a hospital room after it had gone dark, seeing Ewan sat next to her bed but her parents nowhere in sight.

He frowned some "Morning... Would you like to come over to mine this evening? I wanted to take you out again but I'm in a lot more pain than I anticipated and I don't think leaving the house is the best option." He explained

Ewan took her hand in his when he noticed her waking up "Hey there beautiful, god you scared me there." He said quietly letting a few tears fall as relief washed over him seeing her awake.

Max gave a small frown but nodded "Yes I don't mind. If you're in pain though I don't want to burden you." She said sweetly down the line moving to sit up better in her bed.

She frowned a little and looked over at him, sitting up with a little help and just watched him “Where are they?” She mumbled, rubbing at her face and smiling at him. “You okay?”

He smiled and shook his head. “No no I know you’re back to work from tomorrow so I’d like to see you tonight but I just don’t want to be leaving the house. I’m alright though.” He assured her.

Ewan sighed heavily and gave her hand a small squeeze "At the house, I told them to go after everything." He muttered while he watched her closely "I'm uh....I'll be alright love, we just gotta get you on the mend."

Max nodded some and smiled "Alright then, what time would you like me to come by?" She asked

She frowned and reached up to cup his cheek. “Ewan… 18 years I’ve known you and you still can’t lie to me. What’s wrong?” She asked him frowning.

“I’ll have my driver pick you up around six thirty.” He told her smiling. “What kind of food do you like?” He asked her.

Ewan chuckled softly before looking up at her "This is my fault, ever since I came back I've made your health worse. I'm so sorry love." He said quietly to her.

Max smiled happily and shrugged some "Um I'm not very picky. Whatever you would like." She said sweetly before biting her lip "Ya know, if we keeo this up, I'll have to cook for you sometime. I'm not too bad at it." She said giving a hearty laugh

She frowned and shook her head. “Don’t be silly. You know as well as I do that the stress comes from them. And of course I worry about you but it’s not your fault. There’s space here and I could do with a hubby cuddle so come here.” She mumbled reaching for him.

He smiled and nodded. “That would be nice. Alright I’ll sort something out. See you later beautiful.” He told her before hanging up to get his day going

Ewan got up and moved to lay with her after that giving a small nod. He sighed softly and kissed the top of her head repeatedly "I got back to work in the next few days...I'm not looking forward to it."

Max went on with her day as well and made sure to make herself look decent when six thirty rolled around. She wasn't as dressed up as the previous night, but she wasn't in sweats and a baggy shirt either. She thanked his driver as he opened the door for her and rode quietly to Ivar's place afterwards

She frowned and just held onto him. “Honey what happened out there?” She asked him quietly. “Cause you always come back stressed and wound up but you’ve never come back this scared before.” She murmured.

Ivar was leaning on the counter top while he got plates set up and wine glasses out, looking up when the front door opened. “Come in! I’m in the kitchen.” He called to her smiling.

Ewan took a deep breath before closing his eyes "They had us....they had us on these missions. Carmen I've never seen so many innocents in cross fire or just dead arounf us. I watched children get murdered and could do nothing about it." He explained bot realizing that he was completely sobbing now "I wanted to save them so badly, but if I did then I would be going against direct orders...it was a nightmare no one should have to live."

Max smiled happily thanking his driver again as he led her to the apartment. She came inside and looked around in awe. It was a beautiful condo, but had a very homey feel to it, one she didn't expect Ivar to have in all honesty. She followed his voice and smiled seeing him in the kitchen setting up "Hey there, I brought a small cake over for dessert, hope you don't mind." She said sweetly

She frowned and had him face her, wiping his tears. “Then it’s time to get out. Be done with the army.” She told him quietly, kissing his cheeks. “I love you and I want to help you get better. So it’s time to be home and stay home.” She murmured.

He smiled over at her. “Hey, oh well that’s nice.” He murmured. “I don’t know if we will have room though.” He chuckled, pouring her a glass of wine before taking her to the lounge to sit down, going a little slower than usual.

Ewan nodded some and watched her "I will....I just have to do it properly." He murmured before kissing her gently "I love you Carmen."

Max placed the cake in the fridge and laughed lightly "Well if not, you can have it for later." She said as she walked with him just as slowly to the lounge "How are you feeling, any better from this morning?"

She hummed quietly in response and eventually drifted off, her nurse popping in shortly after that "We just want to keep her over night for observation then she can go first thing in the morning." She ecxplained to Ewan.

He shrugged "In a better mood yes but the discomfort is worse." He told her "How much longer does your production run for?" He asked her curiously

Ewan looked over at the nurse as she popped her head in. He gave her a nod and thanked her quietly before he himself fell asleep with her.

Max gave a small nod as she sat down with him "I'm sorry to hear that, hopefully tomorrow is a better day." She said before taking a sip of her wine "I got another two weeks, then they start on the next production. I'll be auditioning for thebone after that."

He nodded. “Taking a break then?” He asked her while he sipped his drink, staring at her contentedly.

Carmen woke up early the next morning, exhausted and a little sore after the previous day but seeing Ewan still there made her smiled some

Users who are viewing this thread

Back