• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Don't faulter now love

She frowned and shook her head. “You’re a bad liar.” She mumbled, wrapping her arms around him and pressing her face into his shoulder. “You have a very important job by the way. You gotta wear every one of your hoodies. They’ve all lost your smell.”

He shrugged a little. “I won’t lie I can’t say I love it. But it has fond memories.” He told her happily, looking far away for a moment before his drink was set in front of him, taking a sip and leaned back. “How long have you been here in this country?”

Ewan took a deep breath but gave a small laugh when she mentioned his hoodies "I can definitely do that for you." he said softly putting out his cigarette "Just gotten get adjusted back to civilian life love...gets harder every time." he explained quietly moving to up get up some and go inside.

Max gave a small nod and sipped at her drink again "In Europe, I've been here for about 2 years. I've lived in America, New York specifically, most of my childhood. I was in Russia for a while as well, kinda where I got my name bigger." she explained quietly

She frowned and watched him go, sighing a little but she got up and went to get the dog some dinner, soon going to bed to get some rest.

He just nodded slowly and watched her. “Would you still go get dinner with me some time soon? Even if it’s not a date?” He asked her just wanting to spend more time with her

Ewan eventually made it to bed when he could no longer keep his eyes open. He pulled Carmen close to him and kissed the back of her head trying his best to get some kind of decent sleep.

Max raised her eyebrow and smiled softly at him "You are persistent huh? I'll think about it okay? Come back next week and I'll let you know." she said softly needing to really think this through before agreeing to anything.

She woke up early, not feeling great but needing to get the dog walked and finally just got up, throwing some comfy clean clothes on and went to hunt down Ewan as he wasn’t in bed when she woke up.

He smiled and watched her for a minute before agreeing, chatting with her for a couple hours before he had to leave to go home again, this time leaving his number on a sticky note with her even if she hasn’t asked for it.

Ewan was walking back into the house when she came out into the living area. He smiled some seeing the dogs immediately rush towards her "Good morning love, I couldn't sleep so I went ahead and took the dogs out. Took a look at the boiler as well." he said as he made his way over to her "You sleep good?"

Max said her goodbyes to him after a while and made sure to take the sticky note. It wasn't until a week later that she finally texted him with a Hello and that she would love to do dinner sometime if the offer was still on the table.

She sighed a little and nodded. “Yeah I just feel rough now.” She mumbled, going to get some coffee made and sat up on the counter. “I will give you time Ewan but you’re going to have to talk to me at some point. Cause not sleeping is not a healthy way to cope.”

Ivar frowned a little and rest his head back while he waited for his painkillers to kick in, seeing his phone buzz and checked the text sighing a little. “I can do tomorrow night if that works.”

Ewan moved sit beside her and sighed heavily holding his head in his hands "It was....this was the worst time Carmen." He said quietly trying his best to stay calm.

Max gave a soft smile and quickly texted him that it would great. She was trying to not let her mind over think everything because even though she wasn't found of his life choice, she did enjoy having him around.

She frowned and rubbed his shoulders gently. “You’re home now love. You’re safe and once your days off are done you can go speak to your supervisor and resign.” She told him quietly. “You’ve done eight years love.” She murmured. “Come home and be home for good.” She coaxed.

He smiled a little, letting her know he’d pick her up at 7, putting his phone away as his brother entered the room. “I am not working today, I am going home. Did you get the meeting organised with Oleg?” He asked him.

Ewan gave a heavy sigh and nodded softly "I need to get looking for another job, something that can resemble what I make now." He murmured before looking over at her "You know I couldn't do any of this without you right?"

Hvitserk walked into his brother's house and chuckled some "Not asking you to go in. Figured we do some gaming and pizza for the night." He explained before plopping down on the couch next to him "Amma is out with the girls tonight and I'm bored." He murmured before putting his hands behind his head. He gave him a nod at the mention of Oleg and yawned some "Yeah, got it set up for next month. Said the weather is a bit nicer around that time."

She smiled and nodded, "I do... So you're stuck with me." She teased him, kissing his cheek, "Tom sent me a message, said we should go round for drinks at his tonight. Just him and Jess... I know we said no to your sister but Tom is different, it would be nice for you to see him." She suggested, feeling a wave of nausea roll over her.

He sighed a little and shrugged “As long as you don’t remind me again how I was not your first choice in evening companion.” He muttered. Not that he would ever actually complain about Hvitserk coming over.

Hvitserk chuckled some and nodded "Fine fine, where is the pizza menu?" He asked noticing his phone lighting up with a girl's name "Oooo Ivar, have you got a lady friend?" He teased.

Ewan gave a soft smile and shrugged some "Just drinks? Relaxing night? I think I can do that." He said softly frowning softly when he noticed her looking a little green "Babe you okay?"

She frowned and shook her head. “I need to lay down.” She mumbled, getting up carefully to go lay in their bedroom again, the dogs following behind her.

He shrugged and pointed to the kitchen. “In there somewhere. It’s none of your business what women I do or do not have.” He told him frowning, wanting to keep her aaay from the madness of his family and job.

Ewan sighed softly as she went to lay down and he went to try and find things to fix the boiler. He needed to keep himself occupied and busy or else he'd get lost in his mind.

Hvitserk put his hands up in defense and chuckled "Hey man, I won't pry. You deserve someone after that shit with Freydis." He explained before going to the kitchen to grab a menu and order their favorites "You got any beer?!" He called to him.

She eventually wandered back out to the kitchen later on for a snack and glanced out the back door, seeing Ewan with the dogs and a cigarette, stepping out to him. “Hey, you get the hearing fixed? It feels a lot warmer in there.” She murmured, slipping her arms around him tightly and still feeling needy now he was home.

He sighed a little and rubbed at his face, tired and not really wanting the company but he knew Hvitserk wouldn’t take no for an answer. “Possibly. Check the garage fridge.” He called back, turning the tv on and just watching the news

Ewan gave her a small nod and smiled softly as she wrapped her arms around him "Yeah should be good to go. What do you think about a movie night here soon? Like we used to do it. Fort, Pizza, Soda, Candies and all." he said sweetly before kissing her cheek gently. He took another drag of his cigarette before putting it out in the ashtray next to him.

Hvitserk came back in with two beers and smiled some "Alright here we go." he said happily before sitting down next to his brother. He watched the TV a bit and gave a small smile seeing them doing a piece of the ballet and the star performer. He noticed Ivar start to take a bit more interest and chuckled softly "She's a pretty girl."

She smiled and nodded. “That would be good. It’s been a while.” She mumbled, “oh… I uh, I almost forgot… my parents are coming over for the week next week. I told them it wasn’t a good time but they insisted and they’re staying at the premier inn in town but they are gonna be here.” she sighed.

He just nodded and quickly changed channels, reaching for the bottle. “Yeah she is.” He muttered. “Did you ever find out why Oleg was in such a bad mood the last meeting?” He asked him

Ewan gave a small groan but nodded some "Right....I'll make sure to hide away." he teased before giving her a quick kiss "Come on, lets get some food in our bellies." he said before standing up and taking her hand to help her up. He whistled for the dogs to come in afterwards and opened the door for them "I love you beautiful."

Hvitserk shook his head a bit "Apparently some woman issues, didn't want to try and pry into that." he explained shrugging some. He sipped at his beer watching him a bit "You alright Ivar?"

He frowned and turned to glare at him. “I am fine. If you only came over to be annoying then you better leave before it pisses me off.” He muttered.

Carmen frowned and shook her head. “Im not hungry right now love.” She told him quietly, following him to the kitchen anyway though

Hvitserk frowned and put his hands up in defense "Sorry...just trying to make sure my brother was alright. You've been on edge lately." he muttered before falling silent. Though he was closest with Ivar, he still got tired of his shitty attitude as well at times.

Ewan frowned softly but gave a small nod "Oh alright then. Let me just make a snack then." he murmured kissing her cheek gently and grabbing a bag of chips to eat "You want to watch some TV? Chill out until we get drinks?"

She shook her head. “I need to go start appealing the decision over my benefits.” She mumbled but brought her laptop to the kitchen to still spend time with him. “How long do I have you off for before you go back in to work?” She asked him quietly.

He frowned and just scoffed at him a little. “I am tired. Same as always.” He muttered, getting up to go use the restroom, shaking his head a little.

Ewan gave a small nod and watched her intently like he always did when he came home "3 weeks, then I go in for light duties. No overseas stuff for atleast a year." He explained quietly

Max texted Ivar again that night asking how he was doing. She knew she should keep her distance, but something about him drew her in and she wanted to talk with him more.

She nodded and yawned a little. “Alright. Few days at home then first.” She mumbled tiredly. She’d been getting worse recently but trying to keep pushing through except now with him home it was only a matter of time before he noticed.

He smiled a little seeing her message and let her know he was stuck with his brother because he wouldn’t leave but at least there was pizza

Ewan nodded softly as sighed seeing how weak she was getting just sitting there with him "Do you want to set up in the room? Be more relaxed in bed?" He asked softly

Max laughed lightly but smiled at his message "Don't take him for granted, though he may drive you insane....its always good to remember they do it out of love." She texted back to him.

She shook her head and frowned "I'll just end up falling asleep." She told him quietly, "We need to do groceries tomorrow don't let me forget." She said quietly, going through all e-mails and collecting up all her documents to send over for the appeal, rubbing at her face some "The fact they feel that you earn enough for both of us is wild." She muttered as he was only on 25K a year which certainly didn't cover both of them.

He chuckled quietly and sent her back asking if she would like to borrow him for a while and Ivar would take him back once she was bored, texting back and forth with her all through the evening into the night

Users who are viewing this thread

Back