• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom Digimon - Re:Initialization

Colt556 said:
Why is it that every character who's useful in a fight does everything in their power to get everyone killed? Is it like some kind of requirement or something?
Yes. Yes it is.

Colt556 said:
Why is it that every character who's useful in a fight does everything in their power to get everyone killed? Is it like some kind of requirement or something?
Cos all the fighting characters are hotheaded, which, ironically, makes them apt for being fighters xD

Colt556 said:
Because so far, running hasn't exactly been an option...

I figured you knew what was up. Just saying Cora's likely going to catch hell for her little comments

The only option is to turn you all into my cute little pets. It's the only way to keep us all safe, otherwise your rabid violence tendencies will grow too powerful.

Colt556 said:
The only option is to turn you all into my cute little pets. It's the only way to keep us all safe, otherwise your rabid violence tendencies will grow too powerful.
You're of course implying Serena isn't already cute and non-violent. xD

Colt556 said:
What RP are you reading? xD

Colt556 said:
This one, of course.
Are you sure? Because Cora's outburst is the first time I can say someone that knows how to fight could be trying to get everyone killed. It's alright, sometimes when I do a lot of RPs at once they tend to bleed together in my head, no worries ^^

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]Are you sure? Because Cora's outburst is the first time I can say someone that knows how to fight could be trying to get everyone killed. It's alright, sometimes when I do a lot of RPs at once they tend to bleed together in my head, no worries ^^

[/QUOTE]
Ya'll have risked the group's lives in the exact same manner, recklessness. Cora's only doing it verbally.

Though she's doing it with a digimon that just has to blink to wipe everyone out xD

KageYuuki said:
Though she's doing it with a digimon that just has to blink to wipe everyone out xD
I dunno, that droid seemed almost as much a threat to them as Duftmon is. Would require the same dumb luck to survive against him, too.

Mitchs98 said:
Implying you could of ran from a mach 5 mechanical lazer shooting digimon, of course.
Fighting retreat yo. The humans run while the digimon slowly fall back while juggling the droid's aggro. Not guaranteed to work but certainly the best option they had at the time.

Colt556 said:
Fighting retreat yo. The humans run while the digimon slowly fall back while juggling the droid's aggro. Not guaranteed to work but certainly the best option they had at the time.
Except for the fact that the lazers could target everyone similtaneously and it's impossible for a human to run at mach 5 ^_^

Colt556 said:
Ya'll have risked the group's lives in the exact same manner, recklessness. Cora's only doing it verbally.
I'm curious, have you read any of my posts? Or any of the posts about what Gizmon was capable of? I can understand skimming if you fell behind, it's alright.

Colt556 said:
That would have failed horribly. just... No...

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]I'm curious, have you read any of my posts? Or any of the posts about what Gizmon was capable of? I can understand skimming if you fell behind, it's alright.
That would have failed horribly. just... No...

[/QUOTE]
This guy gets it. Running from a robot that shoots lazers is always a bad idea, in every game ever, unless its slow as crap.

Mitchs98 said:
Except for the fact that the lazers could target everyone similtaneously and it's impossible for a human to run at mach 5 ^_^
Lasers clearly didn't have that long of a targeting range otherwise the droid would have engaged long before entering the clearing. Based on the information available to the characters, running was the best option. The problem is you guys are looking at the situation from an outside perspective, from a player perspective. From what the characters knew staying and fighting was guaranteed suicide. Every attack they threw at it bounced off harmlessly, it had 0% chance of beating it. So running was the best option because it's success rate wasn't 0%.

Colt556 said:
Lasers clearly didn't have that long of a targeting range otherwise the droid would have engaged long before entering the clearing. Based on the information available to the characters, running was the best option. The problem is you guys are looking at the situation from an outside perspective, from a player perspective. From what the characters knew staying and fighting was guaranteed suicide. Every attack they threw at it bounced off harmlessly, it had 0% chance of beating it. So running was the best option because it's success rate wasn't 0%.
Except Commandramon, and later Dante and Renamon figured out that it had a weak point. So staying and fighting worked out fine. Even if they tried to run before it showed up, Mikado would have lagged behind everyone else, and then what would she do when that thing targeted HER with the first lazer barrage?

You'd be re-rolling a character, friend.

Besides, I don't think Renamon would be willing to try and carry Tsubaki after she blacked out. Concussions are a bitch, let me tell ya xD

[QUOTE="One Mean Ghost]Except Commandramon, and later Dante and Renamon figured out that it had a weak point. So staying and fighting worked out fine. Even if they tried to run before it showed up, Mikado would have lagged behind everyone else, and then what would she do when that thing targeted HER with the first lazer barrage?
You'd be re-rolling a character, friend.

[/QUOTE]
They never found a weakness, it regenerated the damage almost instantly. They were guaranteed to die if one or more digimon didn't digivolve. Like I said, they had a 0% chance of beating it. What little damage they did inflict was regenerated. Based on the information available running was the best course of action. You either run and have a chance of living, or you stay and guarantee die. Those were the choices available based on the information available.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back