• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern Decadence [Accepting]

"True, but do I look any better?" Hunter asked as he got some dress shoes on before fixing his untamed hair. "Y'know, I'm not all that intimidating. Just a huge fucking pink New Zealander guy."

"For someone around here, that is intimidating." Kurai remarked, wincing at the shoes but reluctantly putting them on.. "With your height? I wouldn't wanna meet you in an alleyway."

"I don't have the murderous look." Hunter laughed, walking out the door once he was ready. "Cyrus, we're mafia now!" He called out.
"Good, good. Get all your stuff and in the car." Cyrus ordered, walking outside and getting the engine revved up.
Hunter got his bag from where he left it yesterday, taking the mask out and giving a low hum. "We don't want to get caught with these..." He muttered, setting it on the couch. "Goodbye, shithead octopus."

"I'm just gonna say I found it on a walk the other night." Kurai said, busy rearranging his bag to hide the mask away. Now that Cyrus was gone, he could get all the illegal weapons out and move everything around properly. Wrapped up in his jeans and under a pile of knives, he was certain that nobody would ever find it.

"Good enough." Hunter concluded with a shrug, walking out and getting into Cyrus' car. He waited for Kurai before speaking, having a lot of burning questions weighing on his mind.

Kurai followed Hunter once he was sure everything was secure, sauntering outside and taking his rightful place on the passenger side. "Hey, hot stuff." he smiled at Cyrus, hoping to make him blush again.

Cyrus did indeed blush again, smirking at the comment. He composed himself before he began to drive, admittedly feeling nervous for the two. But this option was the best of many.
"So uh. Cyrus." Hunter began. "Do you know what we're expecting at all?"
"Just a brief rundown of the job. I've told the boss that you're weapons trained and all and made it sound like you were lifelong friends, so he's going to be a bit lenient with you. But he's still an unstable guy, so just keep your cool. Don't disrespect him in any way." Cyrus spoke.

"How unstable is unstable?" Kurai asked cautiously, having his first doubt of the day about their new boss. "And if he is unstable, what does disrespect count as?"

"Unstable meaning he's on a lot of shit and trying to quit. So he goes between nice and irritable a lot." Cyrus explained. "But more often than not he's just locked up in his room out of paranoia. And ah... Disrespect. You're ok if you question an order politely or if you offer a suggestion. But you don't insult him, don't act like you view him as anything less than your boss, and don't lay a hand on him, even jokingly." Cyrus spoke.

"Got it." Kurai nodded, knowing full well that he was probably going to break all of those rules in the space of a week. Otherwise, they'd hit the jackpot. A nice, easy job standing guard for a shut-in who was doing God knows what, that didn't have to be his business. Perfect. Peak work.

"As for the others, they might treat you as lesser. But if you do a good job and don't act out for a few weeks, you'll be fine." Cyrus added as he drove up to the building. "If I go in with you two then it'll be a lot easier."
Hunter nodded, staring up at the building and feeling a shudder go through him. At least now he didn't have to enter through the roof and worry about dying.

"Thanks." Kurai said as he got out of the car, watching Hunter's expression carefully. A small jolt of fear went into his heart as he looked at the doors, and he was sure Hunter was feeling the same, but he forced himself to stay calm. This was a new start.

Cyrus let the two walk ahead, strolling behind them. He felt like a dad taking his kids to their first day of kindergarten. But nah, he was just a cop taking two former hitmen to work with the mafia. Same thing.
Hunter forced himself to look calm and confident as he walked past the guards without any qualms and up to the front desk.
"New guards?" The receptionist asked, looking over Hunter and Kurai before glancing up at Cyrus.
"Yup. They'll probably need a tour around and a visit to Vadim." Cyrus spoke, patting the two on the shoulders.

Huh, that's his name. Very...Russian. Kurai thought, straightening his back a little as to give off an air of confidence. Whether it worked or not was as ambiguous as the events of last night.

"Sure, sure. Let's just hope these ones don't die in a week." The receptionist chuckled, shaking his head. "But they were incompetent anyway, I tried to tell Vadim." He spoke as he waved down a guard.
The guard walked over, raising a brow at the rookies. "Really?" He scoffed. "The new guys are the idiots that hit on me yesterday?"
Hunter gave a small wheeze, unable to contain it. "Oh my god, it was no hard feelings at all, it was done on a dare."
"Stop flirting and show them around. The sooner they're at their posts, the better." The receptionist spoke sharply.

"Yeah, y'know, double dare." Kurai laughed nervously and hoped he wasn't blushing at being in the presence of so many hot guys in the space of less than 24 hour. Clearly working here was going to be a test of his own urges.

"Whatever, still was hilarious seeing you all panicked after I drew my gun." The guard chuckled, starting to walk so the receptionist would shut up. "So yes, this is mostly an office building, but just an office for the boss." He explained. "And the only reason I'm telling you any of this is because boss said we could trust you because Cyrus trusts you and I don't know why or how he warmed up to that cop so fast." He scoffed, almost sounding jealous. Almost.

"You can trust us. We're all here to do the same job, right?" Kurai said, looking around them as they went and committing the place to memory. "And I guess that cop is just a nice guy like that. Charming."

"Charming, sure, but I don't like how close to the boss he is. Cops never have good intentions in mind." The guard huffed. "Do you maybe want to drop off your bags first? Boss probably got a room for you in the hotel." He asked.

"Oh yeah, if you could show us where we're at that'd be great." Kurai smiled. At least nobody would try and search through the bags if they were locked away. That would be Extra Bad.

"Sure. Just this way." The guard walked to the end of the hallway, going through a door labelled 'staff only'. The room that followed was simply a large laundry room with another door at the end. "Just a bit of a connector between here and the hotel. Better than walking outside in that damn sun." He huffed, going through the second door.

Kurai smirked at the sign as they passed. Like there was anyone but staff in that place. Still, it did look a pretty decent place to work in, even if it did mean dealing with an unhinged Russian on the side. It's the small perks, y'know?

The guard strolled over to the front desk, briefly talking in Russian before turning to the other two. "We just need your IDs and we're all good."
Hunter rummaged through his pockets, getting out his ID and handing it to the front desk. He knew it all seemed idyllic now, but the thought of facing Vadim was enough to make him realize this was still a risky situation.

Kurai pulled out his ID and handed it over as well, for once relatively calm about their situation. This event only happens once every 3000 years, so make sure to take it all in carefully. All he needed to do was be cool with Vadim, not get recognized, and everything would be fine.

The receptionist took their IDs and went through a guestbook, nodding to himself. "Alright, here you are. You're on the second floor, room 23." He spoke, giving back their IDs and two sets of keys.
"Do I need to come with you or should I wait here?" The guard (who might need a name jfc) asked, arms folded.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back