• If your recruitment thread involves completely going off site with your partner(s) then it belongs in the Off-Site Ad Area.
  • This area of the site is governed by the official Recruitment rules. Whether you are looking for players or looking for a roleplay, we recommend you read them and familiarize your self with them. Read the Recruitment Rules Here.

Fandom DBZ style RP needs characters!!

Kyero

Three Thousand Club
Let me begin by saying that I am a tremendous fan of the Dragon Ball franchise, and have been since I was young. The concept of a Saiyan and all that comes with the race within the Dragon Ball lore fascinate me and really help get the creative juices flowing, so I decided to create a role-play based off of that aspect of the lore.

The RP can be reached by clicking this link: Odysey of Power

Please do not be thrown by the requested amount of information in the character sheet. I have provided a couple dozen questions in the first of the Out Of Character Chat tab, all of which you can answer with one or more sentences to help fill out the required amount of information with relative ease. If you still find yourself in need of assistance, then please ask me. As the role-play's creator, it's what I'm here for!

Now, on to some more detail about the RP itself!

As I said, I find the whole concept of Saiyans and how they discover new levels of power fascinating, and to that end I have designed and RP based specifically around that concept. Saiyans are the only playable race, as they are the focal point of the RP itself in general. The journey of the Saiyans whom we all will portray throughout the universe facing numerous enemies and challenges to discover new levels of power and self awareness I believe will be quite enlightening both IC and OOC.

Now for a general disclaimer: This RP ignores the original Dragon Ball lore, save for one or two throwbacks such as the use of technology like the Scouter. But otherwise, no original Dragon Ball characters exist in the RP. None of the original races like Namekians, Androids, Frieza's race, the Kai's, or anything like that exist. It's all new and original lore created and sculpted by yours truly with the original as a jumping off point.

If anyone out there is at all interested in a DBZ Saiyan style RP, please let me know!

Thank you very much for your time,

~ Kyero

Last edited by a moderator:
I'm very interested, but I would like to propose a tweak to the DBZ Lore that would make the RP much more interesting. I propose that we take the Xenoverse approach to series. instead of Saiyans>everyone else, I think it should be so every race has its own strengths and weaknesses. For example, Saiyans have the most strength but lowest speed. Humans have the most speed, but the lowest strength. Namekians have more HP and can regenerate, but have low ki projection. Majins can use magic as well as ki, but have low HP. Androids are balanced but can augment themselves to be more flexible. I think if we take this approach, we could have a much more flexible and fun RP.

TheSloth1000 said:
I'm very interested, but I would like to propose a tweak to the DBZ Lore that would make the RP much more interesting. I propose that we take the Xenoverse approach to series. instead of Saiyans>everyone else, I think it should be so every race has its own strengths and weaknesses. For example, Saiyans have the most strength but lowest speed. Humans have the most speed, but the lowest strength. Namekians have more HP and can regenerate, but have low ki projection. Majins can use magic as well as ki, but have low HP. Androids are balanced but can augment themselves to be more flexible. I think if we take this approach, we could have a much more flexible and fun RP.
I'll think about it, but I cannot make promises yet.

What would be the plot i have a setting for a dragon ball rp but me and my partner never put it into action.

Also I would love to be a android or Namekian if given the chance.

[QUOTE="Kyd Jhesus]What would be the plot i have a setting for a dragon ball rp but me and my partner never put it into action.
Also I would love to be a android or Namekian if given the chance.

[/QUOTE]
The plot is undecided as of this point, hence the title as "idea" for an RP and not a finished RP that is ready for people to join yet. Sorry.

Anyway, the idea of this RP is to focus solely on Saiyans, and avoid the lore of the original DBZ universe with the exception of using Saiyans as the main character race. No androids or Namekians or Earthlings or Kai people or anything like that. Just Saiyans. My thought was to create entirely new alien beings as enemies and allies along the way and make this an entirely new kind of adventure with DBZ style mechanics.

The Super Saiyan will never have been discovered nor even exist as a legend in this RP when it begins, and one of our characters would be the first to discover the form and use it in battle, thus beginning the legend of the Super Saiyan.

Kyero said:
The plot is undecided as of this point, hence the title as "idea" for an RP and not a finished RP that is ready for people to join yet. Sorry.
Anyway, the idea of this RP is to focus

solely on Saiyans, and avoid the lore of the original DBZ universe with the exception of using Saiyans as the main character race. No androids or Namekians or Earthlings or Kai people or anything like that. Just Saiyans. My thought was to create entirely new alien beings as enemies and allies along the way and make this an entirely new kind of adventure with DBZ style mechanics.

The Super Saiyan will never have been discovered nor even exist as a legend in this RP when it begins, and one of our characters would be the first to discover the form and use it in battle, thus beginning the legend of the Super Saiyan.
Ah I see. Well screw my idea, this sounds way freaking cooler.

Also, I hope you guys are good with coming up with evil names, cause I'm rubbish for it. When it comes to naming enemies and finding good pictures, I might turn to you guys for help.

YES YES YES YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!!! But let me know when you start cause I draw my own characters and it will take a while for me to finish for a CS..

[QUOTE="Son of Crota]YES YES YES YES YES A THOUSAND TIMES YES!!!!! But let me know when you start cause I draw my own characters and it will take a while for me to finish for a CS..

[/QUOTE]
I'll let you know when the RP starts if you want to start coming up with and drawing your character now.

Oooooh.... DBZ! I ain't never been in a DBZ rp before. Took a peek and I am intrigued. Got room for me?

KingHink said:
Oooooh.... DBZ! I ain't never been in a DBZ rp before. Took a peek and I am intrigued. Got room for me?
Always King.

TheAncientCenturion said:
So, is it a definite yes that the role play will happen?
Oh it's happening. I am finishing details on the lore and mechanics now, and it should be ready very, very soon. If you want to work on your character profile now, by the time you finish (if you take your time of course, lol) the RP will likely be ready.

Not sure if I am blind and I just missed it, but is there a character sheet out there or any guild line to go off of? Or are you implying I should just get my ideas together and ready?

[QUOTE="Son of Crota]yeah, but the writing length.. dear sweet merciful baby Jesus!!

[/QUOTE]
In regards to what? The profile? Yeah, I do that. I can't help it.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back