• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (CLOSED) Supers, High School Edition

Also note that this doesn't mean any current interactions have to be cut short. The only characters needed soon are Nickolaus, Vi, DuValt, and Moe, and three of them are already in the gym.

Everyone else has at least an hour before their turns begin.

Yes. That. Homage. You should all be at the gymnasium supporting or anything. We have storylines.

And i dont know about you im excited for elastic to tell nia :D

If we're gonna say Elastic gets arthritis from his stretching, wouldn't it make sense that a flimsy newspaper would rip from being turned at supersonic speeds? O.o

Her speed works differently than a speedsters....because shea not a speedster.

Speedsters have to run at that speed. Her molecular makeup NATURALLY goes at that speed and she has to use full concentration to slow down.

Ive been super detailed theoughout the rp explaining the differences of it and everything.

Trust me. Lexi has been a character i created well over two years ago.

And someone that has chronic pain issues and dealing with rumatoid arthritis....giving it to elastic made sense.

So....when lexi learns how to actually run and manipulate her speed she will create winds. Right now shes not there. But no, ive put thought into this and how her powers work.

Theres a reason i use key words like flicker or blip, looking like shes out of frame. Its been thought of in advance......

Yes, exactly. Ok....easier way to explain it. Sound, light, they move at those speeds. Do you see wind forces ripping through and destroying us everytime we flick a switch or talk to someone. IF that was the case a sound would kill people.

She risks never being able to slow down at this rate and just not existing anymore. Literally living eternity watching frozen frames of the world.

One day, yes, she will learn to run and when she runs....she can travel through time, do things similar to the flash but that's not the true nature of her power.

And like Elastic was a MAJOR hero back when he was their age. A legend. Picture him like a broken war veteran taking it out on kids. He's lucky to just have arthritis, he's spent years and years stretching and beating the shit out of people.

I feel as if Nickolaus's costume isn't going to be awesome enough for the dramatic wait and reveal. xD

well he reveals it on the first of the line when he goes for the obstacle course.

which...you can write how your character completes it any time i think you're the first round. *ONLY IF YOU ARE THE FIRST ROUND POST ANYTIME*

it's like a fairytale, beauty and the beast. but its a father daughter relationship.

Is that the first post i wrote with him where he didn't have a tantrum, throw something or just go nuclear?????

i mean we almost hit 60 pages if you include the old one....and i don't think i did not once there.....am i losing my edge????

So. Much. Thinking.

Seriously. I've been working on that post for about an hour and a half trying to get it just right.

man @Coriandr i wanted you to have Nik ask Turner how she passed. I thought you'd take that information, have him run and tell Min as a way to talk to her and ask her out.....right when Leon's about to ask her out to cause DRAMA....

now moe has it and he's got leverage of plots to do now

Lol, sorry if I'm bad at this. Homeschooled farm-boy with a super logical mother and sister that hate drama, so I've kind of just been trained to never make it. xD

Not even joking we used to watch Stargate together because it was the only thing fun enough for me and my dad to watch and logical enough for my mom and sister. I also liked how it was all explained but y'know, wouldn't have watched it if it was just science crap.

Coriandr said:
Lol, sorry if I'm bad at this. Homeschooled farm-boy with a super logical mother and sister that hate drama, so I've kind of just been trained to never make it. xD

Not even joking we used to watch Stargate together because it was the only thing fun enough for me and my dad to watch and logical enough for my mom and sister. I also liked how it was all explained but y'know, wouldn't have watched it if it was just science crap.
It happens. Rping takes time. The trick is not so much the logistics or the plot. It's the relationships between the characters you build and establish. THOSE relationships create plots for you. You become more invested in these characters because of seeing them grow and communicate with one another....that when they meet a horrible fate it guts you inside.

I read books all the time, write on the side and LOVE crafting stories. Saw you were struggling and threw you a softball hoping it'd stick. i was like "Damn! So close!"

Ultimately, it's up to you, who you want your character to be and how he fits into the story. There is a larger arc happening and we are progressing it as we move forward. Reveals like Elastic being Nia's father were in the works for a long time and hinted at and foreshadowed on page one. I'm still posting specific clues for you guys to catch on as well. So intereactions with my npcs, sukes, or homages are critical for story

Users who are viewing this thread

Back