• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern (CLOSED) Supers, High School Edition

The only superheroes I care about besides our own

1_sentinels_of_the_multiverse.jpg

I hate the comic book fans for getting wildly upset because one person's race changed. It's getting to be annoying. If one more person flips their shit because diversity wasn't made in the old comics I will slap a bitch.

People going crazy about the new spiderman and the new miss marvel and that guy in the terrible fantastic four movie. For real Nick Fury used to be white, people complained when Samuel L Jackson was casted. PEOPLE COMPLAINED...THE FUDGE?

On the other hand I am a hypocrite. I go balls crazy if someone recasts a character who was actually diverse to a white person. Especially if THE ORIGINAL ACTRESS WAS FUCKING AMAZING AND JUST BECAUSE IT NEEDS A REBOOT, WHICH IT DOESN'T, DOESN'T MEAN YOU CAN TRY TO CHANGE A LONG STANDING STORY FOR YOUR OWN PLEASURE BECAUSE THE ACTRESS IS POPULAR. FUCK YOU HOLLYWOOD AND DREAMWORK.

scarlett-johansson-ghost-in-shell.png

This. Is. FUCKING. BULLSHIT.

Sorry I found out today...

Last edited by a moderator:
I won't call you a hypocrite, mainly because if a role expected to be white is taken by a black person, the white person will still have other, better roles to take.

If a role meant for a Japanese person is taken by a white person, there goes one of few avaliable protagonist roles in big budget films.

Homage said:
I won't call you a hypocrite, mainly because if a role expected to be white is taken by a black person, the white person will still have other, better roles to take.
If a role meant for a Japanese person is taken by a white person, there goes one of few avaliable protagonist roles in big budget films.
I mean ghost in the shell is an Iconic, ICONIC Japanese series. To redo it with a non Japanese lead is just insulting. Especially since the character heavily talks and is proud of her heritage. It hurts..

Scarlett Johnasen was cast as the Major from Ghost in the Shell. A definitively Japanese cyborg. To clear it up Derp. But I thought they were using some sort of tech to make her look more like the Major and less....white. Now see I like that casting, more for the actress's ability than anything. I understand that in anime the characters don't look quite like the real japanese (it'd look silly on paper and kinda odd on tv). and I hate to say it, but the medium does make her look more white than Japanese. That said they totally could of gone for someone a little closer in looks than her, if for no other reason than budget >>

Last edited by a moderator:
Derp, you're the baby in this group of writers. Some of us have graduated (only me......) and most of them are on their way to graduating....

you're dealing with NERDS who believe they are smart and have years of passion on materials.

X Men is very good, i have some X Men references in this story, just not as strong as it could be. Cable reference will be in this comic rp in the second year. So that's fun. But X Men might be one of my weakest ones on comic heroes that i follow.....sorry Homage

@Brinni

Eh, her acting ability is great, but there are Japanese actresses whose abilities are at least just as good as hers. Along with that, using tech to make her look more Japanese would be blatantly wrong, because it would be an admission that they should have gotten a Japanese actress.

Along with this, the series takes place in Japan, a country that is 97% or so Japanese. It would make no sense to have a white woman pose as an undercover cyborg in Japan

Brinni said:
Scarlett Johnasen was cast as the Major from Ghost in the Shell. A definitively Japanese cyborg. To clear it up Derp. But I thought they were using some sort of tech to make her look more like the Major and less....white. Now see I like that casting, more for the actress's ability than anything. I understand that in anime the characters don't look quite like the real japanese (it'd look silly on paper and kinda odd on tv). and I hate to say it, but the medium does make her look more white than Japanese. That said they totally could of gone for someone a little closer in looks than her, if for no other reason than budget >>
It's like saying black face is alright. Really it is a form of black face. Just because it's CG instead of paint it's still wrong.

Why not cast a equally good Japanese actress? There are at least six I can name off the bat who are just as good actresses. Scarlet Johansen is alright but not the best actress in the world. Just the most popular. I adore her, but yeah. It's just kinda insulting.

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye]It's like saying black face is alright. Really it is a form of black face. Just because it's CG instead of paint it's still wrong.
Why not cast a equally good Japanese actress? There are at least six I can name off the bat who are just as good actresses. Scarlet Johansen is alright but not the best actress in the world. Just the most popular. I adore her, but yeah. It's just kinda insulting.

[/QUOTE]
no i agree. hollywood is just all about that money though bling bling bling. they are going to put someone they know will sell tickets on a comic hero no one really knows. you generally cast the 'no names' to the iconic heroes so that star can make it their own and everyone knows who that hero is...for this they are going for brand recognition to drum up an audience.

like...will smith in his superhero movie....which was...not the greatest but not bad.

the race thing in hollywood will probably change when whites are the minority because we are horrible shitty people who cling to power and vain beauty as long as we can

I personally don't see an issue with blackface in movies if its not being done with the purpose of being insulting. IRL it's not cool. but movies, not so bad

CosmicChangeling said:
Derp, you're the baby in this group of writers. Some of us have graduated (only me......) and most of them are on their way to graduating....
you're dealing with NERDS who believe they are smart and have years of passion on materials.

X Men is very good, i have some X Men references in this story, just not as strong as it could be. Cable reference will be in this comic rp in the second year. So that's fun. But X Men might be one of my weakest ones on comic heroes that i follow.....sorry Homage
*Kneels to superior Nerds*

Comics have never been, and likely will never be my thing. I've always been more into the Fantasy kinda shit, like LOTR, Game of Thrones, Dark Souls, and Warhammer. Oops.

Numerically white people are the minority. It's hispanics who are the majority in america (or at least really close). Socially I sincerely doubt that will ever happen. Financially, who knows.

I mean live action attack on titan was amazing! All Japanese cast and amazing. So many great movies and shows are just perfect without the need for American involvement. I probably more mad that they are actually using the Ghost in the Shell name and characters rather than ripping it off like America usually does. I really, really, really, really don't want another dragon ball evolution or Live die repeat failure. It's disappointing how horribly America ruins good things.

Brinni said:
I personally don't see an issue with blackface in movies if its not being done with the purpose of being insulting. IRL it's not cool. but movies, not so bad
Truthfully I've grown numb to racism. I don't even care anymore, the likelihood of there being one day one day without any racism in the world is very improbable near impossible. I came to terms with that reality when I was really little.

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Comics have never been, and likely will never be my thing. I've always been more into the Fantasy kinda shit, like LOTR, Game of Thrones, Dark Souls, and Warhammer. Oops.
Manga for Me. I only got into comics because all the manga has started to copy the old manga. I miss originality...

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Warhammer is too expensive for me to keep up with. I also paint like a toddler who had a seizure on those figurines.

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye]Numerically white people are the minority. It's hispanics who are the majority in america (or at least really close). Socially I sincerely doubt that will ever happen. Financially, who knows.
I mean live action attack on titan was amazing! All Japanese cast and amazing. So many great movies and shows are just perfect without the need for American involvement. I probably more mad that they are actually using the Ghost in the Shell name and characters rather than ripping it off like America usually does. I really, really, really, really don't want another dragon ball evolution or Live die repeat failure. It's disappointing how horribly America ruins good things.

Truthfully I've grown numb to racism. I don't even care anymore, the likelihood of there being one day one day without any racism in the world is very improbable near impossible. I came to terms with that reality when I was really little.

Manga for Me. I only got into comics because all the manga has started to copy the old manga. I miss originality...

[/QUOTE]
I have never once read a manga. Please don't destroy me.

And as much as I love the Attack on Titan anime, I feel like the Titans weren't meant for live action. They just look... really fucking weird to me. Anyone else feel that way?

Also, Attack on Titan is likely set in "Western Europe", as all of the characters are white, (With the exception of Mikasa) and German names (Like Jaeger) are common.

CosmicChangeling said:
Warhammer is too expensive for me to keep up with. I also paint like a toddler who had a seizure on those figurines.
I can't afford the shit either. I just have an interest in the lore, and play some of the related games. (Dawn of War and a few glorious mods for other games).

SirDerpingtonIV said:
I have never once read a manga. Please don't destroy me.
And as much as I love the Attack on Titan anime, I feel like the Titans weren't meant for live action. They just look... really fucking weird to me. Anyone else feel that way?

Also, Attack on Titan is likely set in "Western Europe", as all of the characters are white, (With the exception of Mikasa) and German names (Like Jaeger) are common.
Yup. Northern Germany.

It was still really good and worth it. Although I thought they were meant to look weird. I mean if they were real I'd picture them just like that.

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye]Yup. Northern Germany.
It was still really good and worth it. Although I thought they were meant to look weird. I mean if they were real I'd picture them just like that.

[/QUOTE]
Also, why are there modern apartment buildings? Like.... huh?

e56fd1f6ab006f7be561513c536017741429243877_full.jpg

4381475-1470897022-attac.jpg

SirDerpingtonIV said:
Also, why are there modern apartment buildings? Like.... huh?
e56fd1f6ab006f7be561513c536017741429243877_full.jpg

4381475-1470897022-attac.jpg
Easier in city attacks. It's hard to fight titians inside a small group of low level villages. Also more action shots and surprises around the corners. Besides It's insanely expensive to pay a village to move out of their homes so someone can roll a twenty minute fight scene. Cheaper to buy out a block in a city.

I'm waiting on Sukes before I can post anything.... since there's nothing I can do with Moe and Baylee right now >>

i'm waiting for brinni to post because having lexi tie up the bad guys, put out the fire then see nia is like.....literally stealling all the glory for everyone else.

[QUOTE="The Suspicious Eye]I am googling proper medical procedures to pull out a bullet give me a second. Geez.

[/QUOTE]
we LOVE you.

also thank you everyone for being patient with me as i've gone on drug induced binges the past few days. YAY COUGH SYRUP AND BENADRIL

Users who are viewing this thread

Back