Chronicles of the Thousand Fists - New Game

Oookay so forum's been opened up, anyone interested in joining, post here or PM :)

I'll post the rules addenda soon.

I'm interested, although I might not be using the Lunar posted in Brawl. Depending on how character creation works out I might try something with a Dragon Blooded, the free reflexive charm rule sure is nice...

I'll write the Chargen rules this WE, I need to think about it to balance all types of characters that can be created.

You can try :lol:

For chargen I'm thinking about starting at a really basic level, starting with non lethal tournaments, time for you to gain some Face, and giving larger doses of xp after and between tournaments.

I'd say everyone starts with Essence 3 and can pick and choose from 20 charms, regardless of whatever flavor of exalt they are.

Essence 3 and 20 charms make you a powerful martial artist, a celestial could easily defeat most terrestrial of the same essence, and let's not talk about heroic mortals.

Plus I have to mark the difference between the characters based on what type of character they chose.

A heroic mortal cannot defeat a celestial exalt with those stat, while at essence 2, he still has a chance.

I had in mind a regular chargen, with some mods here and there (perhaps giving charms instead of BP, or let the player choose).

The progression will be faster than in my other games and the game will deal with the tournaments and the lives of the pcs in between.

But I want to avoid the DBZ tournaments syndrom (oooh I'm the most skilled fighter on the plan... hey did that guy just... fly ?)

Oh and the ones bravely choosing to begin with heroic mortals might have surprises along the way ^^

I'm interested in joining. I think that I would want to try out some heroic mortal or god-blooded action(if you allow the G-Bs). Seeing as how you are planning on running individual chronicles( I think I read that somewhere) I don't have to really worry about being weaker than everyone else.

cyl said:
Oh and the ones bravely choosing to begin with heroic mortals might have surprises along the way ^^
Good to hear, because I really wanted to play one this time around. I have a concept in mind, but I need to choose the perfect art to fit it. I'll get back to you on this soon (possibly before you even read this post, if you don't check here too often).

IdyllicSilence said:
I'm interested in joining. I think that I would want to try out some heroic mortal or god-blooded action(if you allow the G-Bs). Seeing as how you are planning on running individual chronicles( I think I read that somewhere) I don't have to really worry about being weaker than everyone else.
You won't necessarily be. The GBs have their set of rules that can give them an edge and make them a serious opponent vs a celestial.

TherealBrickwall said:
Good to hear, because I really wanted to play one this time around. I have a concept in mind, but I need to choose the perfect art to fit it. I'll get back to you on this soon (possibly before you even read this post, if you don't check here too often).
Don't worry, I do :)

You've all been added to the group :)

As a sidenote: Martial Arts doesn't necessarily ryhme with unarmed combat...

Well, actually it does, but expect to fight unarmed characters as well as people carrying MA weapons and other types of competitors with different focus (not only in your chronicles).

If someone practiced the mounted style from imperfect lotus would the tourney's allow the mount...?

Also, there was no mention of Abbyssals or ghosts in the char gen...was that intentional...?

I noticed also a distinct lack of Spirit/Elemental/Demon creation rules which do show up in Roll of Divinity. :twisted:

Sorry I thought I did it yesterday you were the first one to be approved, dunno what happenned...

Abyssals, my mistake, ghosts... hmmm, apart from special places like shadowlands or Sijan, your interactions with the tournaments will be limited... and are you sure you want to play a ghost when there are 14 deathlords ruling the underworld.

All the more reason to 'migrate' to the lands of the living (with the appropriate acanoi of course).....I was mainly asking for completeness, same for the equestrian style (though for a moment I did wonder about a nemisary possessed necrotech steed for an abyssal :wink: ).....

Nope mounts will not allowed in most tournaments...

I planned to make the Sijanese arenas interesting by fighting ghosts, but a nemissary could do, however, most spiritual entities would be really unwilling to let such a creature participate in their tournaments.

Question, if one used predominantly it's pointy end (Like a spear), could one use a wrackstaff as a form weapon for a spear style of martial arts...? Alternativly could one stunt it as a form weapon....?

I'd rather you create a more light lance than the common one (much like the chineese non rigid lance).

Erm, I'm not sure what you mean...

The question was if a wrackstaff could be used as a form weapon for styles that use the spear as a form weapon (since, with it's pointed end...it IS a spear of a sort).

Though my confusion could be based on late night tiredness on one or both our parts.....

Users who are viewing this thread

Back