Chronicles of Riddick and Abyssals

Flagg

The Most Electrifying Man in Sports Entertainment
I'm pretty sure there was a thread about this on the old EC, but I never paid attention to it because I hadn't seen the film.

Now I have, and the Abyssal quality of the Necromongers is striking. It almost made me think "Abyssals in Space".

I doubt there's any actual connection there, other than some fairly generic "creepy death cult" motifs, but Vin Diesel is a gaming geek, so who knows?

-S

Spook said:
there's a thread on RPG.net that diverged a bit to this very idea.
Man... what a bland thread. Nobody was yelling at anybody else. No feelings were hurt. I almost fell asleep ;)

-S

Stillborn said:
Spook said:
there's a thread on RPG.net that diverged a bit to this very idea.
Man... what a bland thread. Nobody was yelling at anybody else. No feelings were hurt. I almost fell asleep ;)

-S
You could be the one to change all of that.  I believe the people on rpg.net are even MORE hypersensitive and emotionally unstable than the ones on white-wolf.com!

Joseph said:
I believe the people on rpg.net are even MORE hypersensitive and emotionally unstable than the ones on white-wolf.com!
I'm automatically discounting that statement as an impossibility.

-S

Apparant, the director's cut is suppose to be... exalted-ish... complete with anima banner and "castes-mark" for Riddick... o.0;;;

Good lord... if only Jakk Bey was here, he would make some pithy statement.

Haku said:
Except it would probably be about something totally unrelated, and lead into a rant about how he feels good about himself because as a bouncer he selectively harms patrons based on his emotional responses to their behavior.

Joseph said:
Haku said:
Except it would probably be about something totally unrelated, and lead into a rant about how he feels good about himself because as a bouncer he selectively harms patrons based on his emotional responses to their behavior.
Possible. But it could also be something utterly sublime with a message able of reaching across forums and uniting all in love and harmony.  :wink:

Haku said:
Apparant, the director's cut is suppose to be... exalted-ish... complete with anima banner and "castes-mark" for Riddick... o.0;;;
Sort of. The copy I have is the director's cut. It certainly adds a more "mystical" flavor to the movie, but I wouldn't go so far as saying there are caste marks or animas.

Haku said:
He made an account a week or so ago, but never signed on.

-S

Haku said:
Possible. But it could also be something utterly sublime with a message able of reaching across forums and uniting all in love and harmony.  :wink:
Incorrect.

Joseph said:
Haku said:
Incorrect.
Perhaps, however until he actually states something, we can not know for sure. Infinite monkeys typing on typewriters for an infinite amount of time and all that rot.

Haku said:
Perhaps, however until he actually states something, we can not know for sure.
I can know for certain.

Haku said:
 Infinite monkeys typing on typewriters for an infinite amount of time and all that rot.
It may be sad, but I would have MORE faith that he would post something intelligent and/or salient if he were to type in such a random fashion.  It's the fact that he's actually trying that allows me to be so certain.

Wow I’m glad someone else saw this besides myself.  My unit was on our way out of Iraq when the “hadjiâ€

Mareritt - I'll be getting a copy of the director's cut when I can, I guess.   :(

Oooooh - Riddick sucked ass.  Sorry' date=' but it really sooooked aaasss.[/quote']
I expected very little from the movie going in, and it kept me entertained enough to keep watching.

It wasn't stellar, but I don't think it "soooked ass" in the same way that films like Star Wars I & II, Jurassic Park, or (dare I mention it) Dungeons & Dragons did. Those movies SUCKED.

-S

I love all the Star Wars films.  They don't suck ass at all!!   :P
You need a fist-to-face intervention, my friend.

-S

Seriously you liked the Phatom Menage and the Attack of the Clowns ?

Sun, and here I was, thinking everybody wanted to kill Lucas after ep 2 ^^

I admit that everything is not totally negative in those films, great music, great visual effects, lightsabers duel versus dark maul...great immersion in the universe of the old republic but... excuse me... Riddick has more charisma than all the charcater in the first trilogy in one.

I liked ep 3, but ep 1 & 2 sucked real bad.

And I agree, Necromongers are quite futuristical abyssals :P ... althought there are no dead among them, that sucked.

I haven't seen Chronicles of Riddick, personally. Maybe I should sometime. I did kinda like Perfect Dark, even if it was too easy to figure out who was gonna die/live though.

And as for eps I and II, I have to say I'm another exception to the rule. I liked Phantom all right, and aside from any scene invlolving Anakin and Padme, I kinda liked Attack even. Christiansen (or however you spell it) played way too angsty and already evil for my taste and the romance was merely a pair of horny teenagers who had repressed their sex drive too long. Blah. But the rest wasn't too bad. But that's just my opinion. Getting to laugh while Yoda whipped out a lightsaber and started kicking ass made up for a lot for me. But then, I've stopped having any sort of high expectations for sequels, or most movies in general, so I'm probably easier to please in some ways.

Grow up... sorry buddy I'm 25 and a hardcore fan of star wars... but I can tell a shit when I see one before I step into it...

I said not everything was throwable in those two movies, but... still... they suck... the inexistent Dark maul with 6 lines of dialogue in ep1, and the 20 min non sense romance in ep 2 screwed the pictures... not talking Anakin crying because he's just slaughtered a entire village of tuskens crying because Obi Wan is holding him back being jealous and all... and Padme is like... "oh okay sure... you just killed everybody around...but ya know... life sucks sometimes want some coffee ?" :lol:

Seriously... this is not what I've taken from the original trilogy, this is not what I grew up with... sorry pal but the characters in the new trilogy cannot acheive at least half of the majesty of the old ones. Even the Fett family is disgraced ^^.

cyl said:
Seriously... this is not what I've taken from the original trilogy, this is not what I grew up with...
Thanks for the rubbish canned babble that a large portion of the people who have seen the original three movies parrots.

Yes, it is true Episodes 1 and 2 were not FANTASTIC, but they weren't TERRIBLE either.  By the same token, Episodes 4, 5, and 6 really weren't that FANTASTIC either, you're just building them into more than they really were in your head because of nostalgia, and then judging Episodes 1 and 2 more harshly because of it.

cyl said:
sorry pal but the characters in the new trilogy cannot acheive at least half of the majesty of the old ones. Even the Fett family is disgraced ^^.
Only like 3 or 4 characters in the original triology actually HAD personality character in the first place.  Bobba Fett had what, like 2 lines in the entire original trilogy?  What makes him such a good character compared to Jango?  His armor being rustier?

You're clearly not basing your opinion on anything more than what other people think, and that opinion has clearly been passed along quite some ways in an almost "telephone game" like way.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back