• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fandom [Casual] Starlight Academy OOC and CS chatroom

Yeah, no.

867093__safe_solo_meme_animated_smiling_vector_wide+eyes_reaction+image_starlight+glimmer_spoiler-colon-s05e01.gif

Yes. I know.

(( Wait just a second here... You said and i quote: "You can't beat the guards" Not being picky or anything... But aren't you just throwing the rule out the window? Again, not being picky... ))

@VenomSlayer I understand where you're coming from, I was initially concerned by Tidnas' edginess with the rules, but from what I can gather - it's either going to end up "being all a dream" or a similar shenanigan.

'Course if it isn't like that at all and Tidnas somehow is just flying past the rules then I'll drag him to the gates of hell myself, rest assured.

(You can't beat the guards, that is correct. But I did not recall anything saying that you CAN'T HIT the guard or KNOCK THEM OFF THEIR FEET. The fight, as I said, hasn't ended yet so the guards aren't really 'beaten'. You should have seen my first idea for rule-breaking, though.)

@Tidnas

I amend, it was not what I thought at all.

It's embarrassing that I have to actually do this.

The fifth rule I set for this roleplay was common sense, I didn't include this particular detail, because I was sure it wouldn't actually happen - but loopholing the rules counts as not using common sense. The rule in question, naturally is Rule 2, in which security guards cannot be defeated in a fight - which I have expanded upon in the FAQ, noting that characters cannot evenly match security guards.

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see the big deal in all of this, the reason I did this is because security guards are a device to symbolize the Academy: they are professional, inescapable and deadly when pushed - giving every single student a sense of submission to authority.

Security guards are not props to be used to fuel fight depictions.

It's reasonable to say that I haven't exactly laid this all out, but somehow every single other player has managed to stay well within the limits and still contribute positively to the plot and development of their own characters while keeping respect for the guidelines.

I apologize for making you wait so long to join and then giving you a lecture about the rules within your first few posts, but it's something that I'm compelled to do anyway, if anything out of respect for the other players who have followed the rules the best they can even while dealing with their busy lives.

I'd like you to re-write your intro from the beginning, and I hope we can forget about this and move on.

Last edited by a moderator:
@VenomSlayer I understand where you're coming from, I was initially concerned by Tidnas' edginess with the rules, but from what I can gather - it's either going to end up "being all a dream" or a similar shenanigan.

'Course if it isn't like that at all and Tidnas somehow is just flying past the rules then I'll drag him to the gates of hell myself, rest assured.

@Tidnas

I amend, it was not what I thought at all.

It's embarrassing that I have to actually do this.

The fifth rule I set for this roleplay was common sense, I didn't include this particular detail, because I was sure it wouldn't actually happen - but loopholing the rules counts as not using common sense. The rule in question, naturally is Rule 2, in which security guards cannot be defeated in a fight - which i have expanded upon in the FAQ, noting that characters cannot evenly match security guards.

I wouldn't be surprised if you don't see the big deal in all of this, the reason I did this is because security guards are a device to symbolize the Academy: they are professional, inescapable and deadly when pushed - giving every single student a sense of submission to authority.

Security guards are not props to be used to fuel fight depictions.

It's reasonable to say that I haven't exactly laid this all out, but somehow every single other player has managed to stay well within the limits and still contribute positively to the plot and development of their own characters while keeping respect for the guidelines.

I apologize for making you wait so long to join and then giving you a lecture about the rules within your first few posts, but it's something that I'm compelled to do anyway, if anything out of respect for the other players who have followed the rules the best they can even while dealing with their busy lives.

I'd like you to re-write your intro from the beginning, and I hope we can forget about this and move on.

I should have read this before posting that... 

Sorry. 

@Tidnas Please don't take it the wrong way, if anything I should have made this more clear in the first post so that this wouldn't have happened in the first place. I'm not going to hold any of this against you (believe me, I've triggered my fair share of GMs on their roleplays for not following their rules) and I hope you'll still be able to find your slice of enjoyment in the roleplay!

@Tidnas Please don't take it the wrong way, if anything I should have made this more clear in the first post so that this wouldn't have happened in the first place. I'm not going to hold any of this against you (believe me, I've triggered my fair share of GMs on their roleplays for not following their rules) and I hope you'll still be able to find your slice of enjoyment in the roleplay!

No, seriously, I should be sorry for making that post without reading this first. I'll fix things when I have time which is probably tomorrow.

Er.. I'm very new to RP nation but where do we make our characters and actually roleplay? Thank you.

@Nicholas Waldorth Heya, not the RP admin but welcome, @Caffeine Freak Has his hands full with IRL stuff, but this is where we make the characters, and chat in OOC, or mainly big problems as above. But i'll give you the sheet.

Full Name:

Appearance:

Power/Skill:

Bio: (What your character's life was like before being captured, can include how they were captured)

[Optional]

Theme Song:

Misc details:

And the link to the actual RP place, make sure to read the rules first tho.
https://www.rpnation.com/topic/255454-casual-starlight-academy/?page=1

@Tidnas I appreciate it, thanks!

@VenomSlayer Thanks for keeping the holes in the boat plugged while I'm not around, it really helps me out.

As for your previous inquiry, me and Runic are free - but I have no idea where your characters are at the moment. If you could have them bump into us in the hallway, that'd get the barrel rolling.

@Nicholas Waldorth Welcome! We're practically all new to RP nation after the recent site update changed everything anyway.

There's nothing I can add to Venom Slayer's response, just follow his link and you'll be set.

(( @Camilton Have they been left to wollow in self loneliness? -;-__-;- ))

(( @Camilton Have they been left to wollow in self loneliness? -;-__-;- ))

( well there is Ano trying to navigate the hallways looking for Miku ,with Aaron (hopefully )so there is that )

@VenomSlayer

I hate nitpicking, but for future reference, could you keep posts that are purely OOC oriented in here? Having a long line of bracketed posts kinda break up the flow, and make it a little more difficult when I want to go back to re-check an earlier post.

@Camilton

@Rosehaven17

I'm also aware that you guys are busy, and there's not really much else to say about what situation your characters are in, but if you can't manage four lines - I'd like you to avoid one liners at the very least. They kill roleplays.

Thanks in advance!

@Caffeine Freak

Yea.. That;s my bad, i was replying at school at some points, so if I'm doing oneliners, it probably because of that. I'm not able to type a full thing and not get caught xD
So I'll try to type more, Sorry!

Full Name:

Thomas-Lee "Tommy, Tommy-Lee" Dickson Maybelle.

Seventeen.

Appearance: 

Naruko.Shoukichi.full.1774930.jpg

Power/Skill: Superhuman Speed -

Tommy is able to move at immense speeds, close to Mach 2 on a good day. This results in him having to eat more than normal due to his advanced metabolism speed. His body is also able to perceive information at a faster rate due to its nature, his healing abnormally quicker too. When Tommy has gathered enough speed, electricity begins to surge around his body and he is able to throw these volts, the amount depending on how much and fast he ran.

Bio:

Tommy grew up a normal life in Rhode Island, New York. His abilities were only activated around the age of twelve through puberty. The academy with their advanced technology were able to track him down and waited till he actually used his powers to be sure. He did, stealing a candy bar from a shop around fourteen now. The school felt it would wait longer until he began robbing banks. He was about fifteen years old when he had stolen over five hundred thousand Won. TBA

Theme Song:

Misc details: 

Tommy is not a virgin.

read the rules and stuff.

@Caffeine Freak Mind if i add another power to Elisa?

Blood Surge: Her powers are amplified by a hundred, causing her to control others blood, even if in current hosts body, she loses all sense of humanity if she does use the power, being an alter ego of sorts, usually, this causes the power to continue, Elisa will still have some control but usually doesn't mind being in her alter ego form, though she prefers being herself which is why it isn't used as much.

@Nicholas Waldorth And now to screen cap that extra detail and send it to my friends... But uh, you can have more than one power dude, but rules state, within reason.

Its like, I have a window *types part* Do I post..? Add more.. Wait? THE CHOICESS

Sometimes I'll have someone at my desk next to me read what I'm typing and I get uncomfortable.

@Nicholas Waldorth Lovin' it, (that misc detail killed me aswell lol) but I have to say two things: The first one is a nit-pick about your bio, none of the guards have supernatural powers, hence they wouldn't be able to outpace your character - but I realise I've never actually directly addressed this until now, so I'll add it to the first post for future references. The second is that you appear to be missing a detail from the rules section.

Lemme know when you're set!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back