Captive, Kidnapped by a Pirate [Inactive]

"Christopher." She stated. Gently, she laid Ana in the sand and brushed her hands against her skirt. "Why do you have to say things like that, it's not like...you make it seem like I don't care at all, I want to remember." Adelaide rose to her feet and wiped at her eyes now that there wasn't sand in her hands.

"When he was gone, I was ordered to never speak his name again. Not to mention him, and I was cut off from even my personal servants." Adelaide cleared her throat. "So don't make it seem like I don't miss that boy, he was my only friend."

She wiped her face against her sleeve and walked away from the fire. Adelaide sat in the spot she picked out earlier to pray. It was far away from anyone else, so she could be alone again, just where she belonged.

Why, Christopher, what makes you say things like that to me?

A friend who's name you can't remember. It was you who named me, after all.

Christopher let out a sigh and turned back towards the
Siren, climbing aboard and finding his way to his bed. The room felt empty without her there, as did he.

For the second night in a row, Adelaide found no comfort in sleep. She stayed on the shore with a small party of, now, drunken pirates. She tried her hardest to remember what the boy's name was now. Sleep wouldn't welcome her until she did. Christopher's words stuck in her mind, and wouldn't let her rest.

She was a horrible friend, to have forgotten his name, she knew that. Horrible for not knowing what really happened to him, this she hadn't a clue, because Adelaide was told he died. The truth that he'd escaped never reached her ears, just as it was intended.

"Kurt. John. Harvey. Timothy." She recited names off until she finally said the one she'd been dreading. "Christopher." It was this name which rang clear in her head, brought back memories of the blue eyed boy from her past. Coincidentally, Captain Kenway had blue eyes and was also named Christopher, but she couldn't imagine the two being the same person.

It's not possible.

In her head, she tried to figure how old the boy would've been had he lived. She knew he was six years older. Left when she turned 8, maybe 9? Even that she couldn't remember. Had he been living, it would have made him around 27 years old, maybe, she was only guessing. Captain Kenway again lined up with her thoughts.

It's just not possible.

Last edited by a moderator:
It seemed to take years for the sun to finally rise once more, and when it did all color drained from his vision. Life was desaturated while the truth drained at his consciousness, taking with it all forms of enjoyment.

He wanted to tell her. Oh, how he yearned for things to be the way they were, or at least a shadow, he could live with that.

"You alright, Cap'n?" Gregory asked with concern, hammering a board into place. "You seem...lost."

"Aye. Seems I am." Christopher frowned and continued his work. "...just want to be back at sea, is all."

Adelaide was back on board, roaming the ship for Daniel. She was irritated and wanted to be able to sleep for once. It never came, she tried, but sleep avoided her at all costs.

It was Daniel who found her, and instantly he reached for her tired looking face with a gentle hand. "Majesty, you look terrible, have you been sleeping?"

"No." She responded. "I was looking for you, actually, no matter what I do I just can't sleep. Do you have anything, really, anything that'll help?"

The doctor examined her face again, before he also checked the wound on her shoulder. He said nothing in regards to Adelaide's response until he'd had a quick once over of her condition. Daniel pursed his lips and motioned for the girl to follow.

"Nightshade, my lady." He explained. "I'll entrust you with this, but be careful not to use more than two or three drops."

Adelaide reached out to take the bottle from him, and he held tight, eyes locked on hers with a serious expression.

"No more than three. Don't forget."

Footsteps thundered down the hallway, though it couldn't be helped; Hunter was simply too large to be quiet. He knocked softly on the door, peering through the small window and making eye contact with the queen.

Lifting a large hand, he mimicked the small wave Catherine had shown him earlier.

For Hunter to wave, it seemed so unnatural, but Adelaide smiled politely and copied the motion, waving cheerfully at the large man. She exited the room and had to peer up to meet his face.

"Hello, Hunter." Adelaide bowed her head to the taller man. She grasped the bottle of Nightshade in her hands carefully, not wanting to reveal its contents.

"Princess. Or, Queen, I suppose. I do not know what you people call your royalty." Hunter seemed to be fumbling with his hands awkwardly. "I came to ask you something. I admit, it is not...is not an easy question."

"Hunter, you may call me just Adelaide." She assured him, grinning awkwardly. The two had never spent a lot of time together, mostly due to his seemingly antisocial nature.

"The man is a King, and his sons are Princes, the woman is the Queen, and her daughters are Princesses. It can be more complicated but, yes, I'm sorry. What would you like to know?"

Odd. What could Hunter need from her?

"Interesting. In my tribe there were Clan Mothers and Chiefs. But I think no one would care about that now." He cleared his throat, his deep voice nearly rattling the wood around them.

"I came to ask...how the Pales propose marriage to each other."

Pales? Oh, I suppose I am lighter than him...

"Normally a man will propose with a ring, and he." Adelaide started to kneel on the ground. "He'll kneel on one knee and ask if the woman will marry him." She stood up and instantly backed up to the beginning of the conversation.

"Wait, Hunter, why are you asking me this?"

"One knee." Hunter contemplated this in his mind and watched the queen demonstrate. "A ring...I have no ring, nor do I know where to find one. Perhaps there are boxes of treasure on the island." He met her eyes. "Would you...help me find one?"

"Here, Hunter." Adelaide pulled the Everette crest ring from her ring to reveal the smaller band behind it. A simple thing, with three diamonds set in stone.

She held it out for him to take, and tucked it in his hands. This was a small token, all she could really do. Hunter tried to refuse, after all, this was the Queen's ring.

"Keep this, rings aren't easy to come by We can still look for one though.." Adelaide explained. "How do people propose where you are from?"

"I cannot take this..." he said, though he turned the diamond ring over and over in his hands, contemplating. "In my tribe, the man would approach the woman's father and ask for her hand. That night, the father would speak to his daughter about the proposal. If she refused, no reply would be given However, if the woman accepted, she and her father would visit the home of the man proposing and celebrate, discuss wedding plans. The ceremonies were usually held as soon as the sun set. The woman could leave her husband at any time, but the man could not leave his wife." He frowned deeply. "...apologies. I do not think you wanted to hear that much."

"Don't apologize." Adelaide shook her head, and held her hands behind her back, thumbing the cap of the Nightshade tentatively. Even now, having stayed up for two and a half days, she was still ready to help Hunter find a ring if he needed.

"I think it's interesting to hear about other parts of the world." Adelaide admitted. "I would love to hear more about where you come from, if you ever have the time. But really, take it, as a gift."

Was he going to propose to Catherine?

"Although it's not my place, but, it would be incredibly romantic to propose when the sun was setting." Adelaide tilted her head and smiled, a longing look in her eyes for something so sweet and loving. "It would be so beautiful."

"I will take your advice." He looked down at the ring quizzically before turning to Adelaide, much more serious this time.

"Queen Adelaide. When the war is over...I ask a favor of you, a promise."

"What might that be?" She asked curiously.

Adelaide knew nothing about Hunter. Not his name, where he was from, nothing. She'd read of tribes who roamed all of the world, but that was in books from centuries past.

"When you sit on the Crystal Throne in Caister, protect my people." He frowned deeply. "There are so few of us left..."

Without even a thought Adelaide nodded, "Hunter, of course I will." There had been mention from Catherine, at the fire, that his people were under some sort of attack from Lunaris. She didn't see him as a threat, so she had to ask the obvious.

"What happened to your people? Why are there so few left?"

"Lunaris." He shook his head. "The God of the Sun is a lie. We were killed off, one tribe after another, for worshiping Gaia. But...that is not something I wish to speak of."

"I am sure Catherine will like this ring. Thank you for this gift, Queen Adelaide. I will not forget it."

"Oh, I'm sorry if I've upset you." Adelaide apologized suddenly, she needed to learn more about other nations and cultures, that much was obvious. "You're going to make her so happy, Hunter." She smiled wide, whether or not the man understood, Adelaide was glad her hunch was right.

She curtsied politely, suddenly feeling much too proper, and headed up to the deck. Adelaide more carefully examined the tiny vial of Nightshade in her hand. It was as long as her pinkie finger, and about as thick as her thumb, it wasn't much, but considering the apparent danger of taking too much, it would do.

There was no warning, no sign of his intentions. Forgetting all of Adelaide's useful advice, the Huntsman slid down the ropes and landed in the shallow water, making his way to Catherine.

He promptly cupped her face and leaned down to kiss her.

Adelaide ran to the edge of the ship and watched Hunter as he went. Other members of the crew eyed the Queen as she went, wondering what caught her attention. Soon after, when Hunter kissed the gorgeous girl, cheers erupted from the deck.

"It's about time." Mama called from behind the group, a broad smile on her face, and a hand on her pregnant belly.

Was it that obvious? Huh. I had no idea.

Christopher had to double-take; he thought what he had been seeing was mirage of some sort, a trick of the eye, but it was exactly what it seemed. Hunter had gingerly taken Catherine in his arms and pressed their lips together, locking them in an expression of pure passion. When the two finally separated, Catherine was crying.

"H-Hunter..."

"Can I marry you, Catherine?" He wiped her tears with his thumbs and kissed her all over her face, despite the attention of the onlookers; it was just himself and his future bride now, no one else mattered. "The queen gave me a ring..."

"I don't care if there's a ring." Catherine laughed through her tears and wrapped pale arms around the brute's thick neck. "I don't care if there's a ceremony. I don't care. Of course you can marry me, Hunter."

The captain couldn't help a smile.

Adelaide grinned like a fool as she watched the two, along with the entire crew of the Siren, kiss and caress each other on the shores of the beach. The pirates started to sing, knowing a wedding would happen sometime soon. Their shanty echoed loud and clear to even the shore, their spirits high for once after a fight.

The Queen forgot momentarily why she'd been upset at all, and spun around with the nearest deck hand. The joy being spread was contagious as a cold, only less painful and there was a lot more dancing and singing.

"To Hunter and Catherine!" Adelaide couldn't help but shout out. Another round of cheers echoed, she could only imagine their embarrassment on the shore.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back