• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Realistic or Modern C h e e r U p ! - O u t O f C h a r a c t e r C h a t

Korean names mainly consist of family names that are then followed by the given name. Traditionally, Korean names consist of one syllable and they do not have a middle name the way westerners do.

Naturally, their first names consist of two syllables, and traditionally they are written like this: Ah Reum or Ji Eun.

However, since the late 1970s, Koreans have strayed away from traditional names and chose to use legitimate words from their language: i.e. Areum (Beauty).

Hence: Myo Kyumin which he makes it clear that the name you see first is not the first name by adding a comma (Myo , Kyumin).

Some Koreans have gone so far as to have 16 syllable names, but regulations state that they are not allowed to have a name longer than 5 Syllables.

In regards to the family, naturally the children will inherit their father's last name whilst the mother keeps her maiden name due to the deep, traditional history of Korea and the Clans they once had.

Last edited by a moderator:
Marianne said:
Korean names mainly consist of family names that are then followed by the given name. Traditionally, Korean names consist of one syllable and they do not have a middle name the way westerners do.
Naturally, their first names consist of two syllables, and traditionally they are written like this: Ah Reum or Ji Eun.

However, since the late 1970s, Koreans have strayed away from traditional names and chose to use legitimate words from their language: i.e. Areum (Beauty).

Hence: Myo Kyumin which he makes it clear that the name you see first is not the first name by adding a comma (Myo , Kyumin).

Some Koreans have gone so far as to have 16 syllable names, but regulations state that they are not allowed to have a name longer than 5 Syllables.

In regards to the family, naturally the children will inherit their father's last name whilst the mother keeps her maiden name due to the deep, traditional history of Korea and the Clans they once had.
that's a great etymology lesson (i saw a lot of that on wikipedia lol but it's still gr8)

but is it jin tae or tae gan bc i remember on his CS a point was made about gan being his family name

Last edited by a moderator:
growl said:
that's a great etymology lesson (i saw a lot of that on wikipedia lol but it's still gr8)
but is it jin tae or tae gan bc i remember on his CS a point was made about gan being his family name
That's where I got it ;] loool xD

Users who are viewing this thread

Back