• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Blood & Steel (Original - Contemporary Fantasy - Open)

[QUOTE="Safety Hammer]"And you must be fucking retarded to threaten a man with a gun. Especially a technomancer. You have a machine in your heart produces adrenaline, no? Because I can feel it working overtime as you try and hold back your anger as I insult you. These things are used to enhance military capabilities such as aim, speed and strength. So naturally, you are thinking I'm an idiot to be threatening to shoot you, since you could shoot me before I think about pulling the trigger. But the bad part about that is that with your earlier model, there isn't a failsafe. That means if you raise that gun higher than it is now,no can make your little buddy go berserk and pump so much that your heart explodes in your chest. So how about you try being a polite guest and convince me in a kinder way before I decide my house needs to be repainted with a nice shade of red."

[/QUOTE]
Chris frowned, to show off that he clearly didn't cherish being threatened, however his frown was confident, and said something like: 'Oh, really?' Chris looked at Arthur and responded with "I'll have you know that my heart has been weaker than most people's, since birth. It pumps blood slower, and all fluids that might ever go through, they do it..... very... slowly......" whilst slowing down his speech at the end. "Even if you did, the device wouldn't have enough speed on itself, to kill me right away. There would be a few seconds before my death. But indeed, if there would be a few seconds, and I would have such enhancements? It would be far more than enough to kill you, and everyone else in this room."

That was the moment where Chris smiled again "So if your house does need repainting - Me and my companion would be more than glad to help you do so. But I'm afraid we don't have any paint of our own, so we'll have to borrow yours - And I am lead to believe that we will borrow it permamently. If you're still looking towards a renovation, that is." with a confident, courageous, and slightly loathing tone. There was a big shade of mockery, and sarcasm over his words.

"Besides, you're an idiot to reveal your powers and capabilities. I have more than what you see in my deck of cards. I have quite the trump card too. Remember when you mentioned that I'd shoot you before you think about pulling the trigger? Let's just say this applies to everything you do, and not only to you. Let's say it applies to everyone in this room. What would you do then? You would happen to be in a hopeless situation with no escape, as a mice that was in a corner, chased by a big, hungry cat."

"I hate chit-chat, so let's cut to the point, because so far all we did was throw meat at each other. There's two options here: You can either join me, or drop your attitude and let me take my leave. Which one is it going to be?" he asked, holstering his revolver once again, as a possible sign of good-will and trust. Chris clearly put up his expectations that Arthur would not have to push this situation towards violence, and had faith that he could make the right choice.

Last edited by a moderator:
Birdsie said:
Chris frowned, to show off that he clearly didn't cherish being threatened, however his frown was confident, and said something like: 'Oh, really?' Chris looked at Arthur and responded with "I'll have you know that my heart has been weaker than most people's, since birth. It pumps blood slower, and all fluids that might ever go through, they do it..... very... slowly......" whilst slowing down his speech at the end. "Even if you did, the device wouldn't have enough speed on itself, to kill me right away. There would be a few seconds before my death. But indeed, if there would be a few seconds, and I would have such enhancements? It would be far more than enough to kill you, and everyone else in this room."
That was the moment where Chris smiled again "So if your house does need repainting - Me and my companion would be more than glad to help you do so. But I'm afraid we don't have any paint of our own, so we'll have to borrow yours - And I am lead to believe that we will borrow it permamently. If you're still looking towards a renovation, that is." with a confident, courageous, and slightly loathing tone. There was a big shade of mockery, and sarcasm over his words.

"Besides, you're an idiot to reveal your powers and capabilities. I have more than what you see in my deck of cards. I have quite the trump card too. Remember when you mentioned that I'd shoot you before you think about pulling the trigger? Let's just say this applies to everything you do, and not only to you. Let's say it applies to everyone in this room. What would you do then? You would happen to be in a hopeless situation with no escape, as a mice that was in a corner, chased by a big, hungry cat."

"I hate chit-chat, so let's cut to the point, because so far all we did was throw meat at each other. There's two options here: You can either join me, or drop your attitude and let me take my leave. Which one is it going to be?" he asked, holstering his revolver once again, as a possible sign of good-will and trust.
Arthur wasn't having this. If they wanted to recruit them, they'd have to send two other people. He wasn't going to deal with an idiot who thinks he's something special.

"I'm not joining. Now leave my fucking house."

Baku said:
Jacob was irritated by both sides. "Do I need to fire a Disruptor bullet to calm you both down. Because I'm not interested in a hideous color like red."
@Safety Hammer @Birdsie
[QUOTE="Safety Hammer]Arthur wasn't having this. If they wanted to recruit them, they'd have to send two other people. He wasn't going to deal with an idiot who thinks he's something special.

[/QUOTE]
FireMaiden said:
August rubbed her forhead, "For fucks sake," she muttered, getting tired of the pissing contest. "This is ridiculous."
Chris frowned, then said "Then at least do me a favor and watch the sky." and turned towards Disruptor "I am lead to believe the Leader won't be happy. Wait, he is not. He just told me." his eyes widened up. He heard August's words and responded "I know, right? My own father's yelling at me through Telepathy. I hate it. My head hurts after this shit" he spoke.

Chris said "Anyway. I bid ye farewell." and took out a cigarette, then his lighter. He put the lit cigarette in his mouth and said "Let's go." to Disruptor. Looking over at Arthur again, he took a few steps forward, asking "Where's the exit?"

(Damn. Expecting more convincing. I had a reason for why Arthur won't join either side.)

Arthur went back to his little workshop and started to work on his new weapons. Gears, springs, screws, pipes and sheets of miscellaneous metal floated near his toolbench, as blowtorches, hammers, screwdrivers and wrenches floated at his hands.

[QUOTE="Safety Hammer](Damn. Expecting more convincing. I had a reason for why Arthur won't join either side.)
Arthur went back to his little workshop and started to work on his new weapons. Gears, springs, screws, pipes and sheets of miscellaneous metal floated near his toolbench, as blowtorches, hammers, screwdrivers and wrenches floated at his hands.

[/QUOTE]
August followed him, "Whatcha doing?"

[QUOTE="Safety Hammer](Damn. Expecting more convincing. I had a reason for why Arthur won't join either side.)

[/QUOTE]
FireMaiden said:
He looked at them and shook his hands in confusion, also shrugging. "The exit?" he asked once again, unsure if any of them heard his question. "I can't really leave your house, if I don't know where the exit is." he explained the problem, once again justifying the reason why he didn't leave.

Birdsie said:
He looked at them and shook his hands in confusion, also shrugging. "The exit?" he asked once again, unsure if any of them heard his question. "I can't really leave your house, if I don't know where the exit is." he explained the problem, once again justifying the reason why he didn't leave.
"It's a train station, there are doors everywhere, pick one."

FireMaiden said:
"Making a gun. Might as well give our guests a little parting gift." Arthur said, noticing a missing piece he couldn't grab. He looked over at Chris, who was standing near the thing he needed.

"Oi, Mister Revolution! There is a wooden stock next to you. Could you hand it to me? I'm making you something."

[QUOTE="Safety Hammer]Arthur wasn't having this. If they wanted to recruit them, they'd have to send two other people. He wasn't going to deal with an idiot who thinks he's something special.

[/QUOTE]
((Damn, I wanted to see Chris get his ass handed to him.))

Delacare said:
((Damn, I wanted to see Chris get his ass handed to him.))
[QUOTE="Safety Hammer](Ikr.)

[/QUOTE]
(It's you guys that are at the disadvantage here.

Come get some!)

Birdsie said:
(It's you guys that are at the disadvantage here.)
((Except for that fact that Arthur could render Chris's revolver useless, set his heart machine into overdrive, and pump him full of holes using Jacob's gun, all with a mere thought. A though he could complete before giving Chris his answer, and before the Farseer could warn him. It would be down to a race at the speed of thought, and for someone who can psionically control technology, his thoughts would apply before Chris's, especially if he to take the time to focus on the Farseer's "delicate" communication methods.))

Jacob decided to ask Arthur something. "If I may be so bold. Why do you not want to join? Is it the political bullshit or is it something else. Now you can just say something else I'm not the kind of guy to dig into someone elses past."

@Safety Hammer

Birdsie said:
Chris heard his words, so he gave Arthur the stock. He said "I don't need it, but sure." and looked at August as she spoke.
"All I want to do is, to free this goddamn, fucking country. Then heal my brother's spinal injury, my father's cancer, and my own physical problems. And then? Live peacefully. Can't do any of those things if you people keep me locked down-" he complained, and crossed his arms, but stopped when he heard her explantation. "Oh, alright. Thank you." he said, then looked around and found a door. "Let's go, Disruptor." he said, looking over at Jacob, then looked at Arthur again and waited for him to finish the 'Gift'

@Baku
(I swear to god if you say this isn't canon I will strangle you with kielbasa.)

Arthur stopped his work.

"Do... Do you think we don't have troubles either? Our father died fighting in the great war. Our mother died after that from grief. At the age of fifteen I had to raise my brother and sister. And work eight hours each day. We used to think that you revolutionaries were the tits. You were the best of the best. I volunteered myself twice a week. I wanted to make my country the one my father fought for.

My brother Alex was a bigger fan than I. He told me the stories of the old revolutionaries and what they did for us. One day, he went to see them. He wanted to meet his hero. One of the main leaders. His name was Kitchner. Bang up guy. A war hero, even. He climbed up to where he was standing while giving a speech, and stood with him. He was so fucking happy." Arthur started to get choked up.

"A man was in the crowd. Be pulled out a gun and shot twice at Kitchener. And do you know what the fucked did? Do you?! He pulled my eight year old brother in front of him and used him as a fucking meat shield!!" Tears were streaming from his eyes. They were started to change color. From their normal white to almost a light grey.

"We tried to bring him back. August is an alchemist. She did the ritual. She gave up her arm. I :gave up my eyes. But it didn't work. The house exploded. We had to move underground. So explain to me why I would want to help the same cowards that would kill my brother to save their own hides? I hate our government. But you can't tell me that you are a pure cause."

Plague started to move out of his hideout and approached a near-by rooftop, he could see a huge amount of MP formed in squads rushing down the streets, he didn't know what was happening, but would love to have some info. He still knew that Chris held the ring since he still could feel his live force within him, maybe he could go and chatter to the "Lord Raven", he started to go to the area he would be in

Delacare said:
((Except for that fact that Arthur could render Chris's revolver useless, set his heart machine into overdrive, and pump him full of holes using Jacob's gun, all with a mere thought. A though he could complete before giving Chris his answer, and before the Farseer could warn him. It would be down to a race at the speed of thought, and for someone who can psionically control technology, his thoughts would apply before Chris's, especially if he to take the time to focus on the Farseer's "delicate" communication methods.))
((I think you've forgotten several key factors. First is the ring that Chris got from the Plague, that makes him immune to lethal damage from the fluids inside of his body. Second of all, the amount of adrenaline would be high enough to go super sayian and snap Arthur's neck. The Farseer could easily see about 20 seconds into the future, with the crystal ball. More than enough to see Arthur's plans and warn Chris. Chris' revolver could be droven useless true, but Jacob could simply hold his and not aim it at Chris, duh. Farseer's communication methods are not technological, too. His methods are purely magical and Arthur can only manipulate matter and technology, as far as I've read.))

Baku said:
Jacob decided to ask Arthur something. "If I may be so bold. Why do you not want to join? Is it the political bullshit or is it something else. Now you can just say something else I'm not the kind of guy to dig into someone elses past."
@Safety Hammer
@Baku[/URL]

Birdsie said:
((I think you've forgotten several key factors. First is the ring that Chris got from the Plague, that makes him immune to lethal damage from the fluids inside of his body. Second of all, the amount of adrenaline would be high enough to go super sayian and snap Arthur's neck. The Farseer could easily see about 20 seconds into the future, with the crystal ball. More than enough to see Arthur's plans and warn Chris. Chris' revolver could be droven useless true, but Jacob could simply hold his and not aim it at Chris, duh. Farseer's communication methods are not technological, too. His methods are purely magical and Arthur can only manipulate matter and technology, as far as I've read.))
(Prepare for a motivational speech)

Chris said "Leave it. He doesn't feel like saving people or this country, instead he prefers to wait until we do it for him." with an uncaring, cold tone. He didn't think much of Arthur, so he didn't expect the same treatment.

His eyes widened up in surprise, and shock when he heard Arthur's words. He frowned, deeply in self-loathing and disgust of his profession. His expression returned back to cold neutrality, when he realized he was not associated to the one that Arthur was talking about. "Apologies." he said bluntly, but clearly. Nothing more came out from his mouth for a few seconds. "You are correct in your statement, you are also correct that you have troubles, EITHER." he said. He took out his lit cigarette from his mouth, and crushed it under his heel.

He turned to Arthur and started explaining what he meant by it. He did not want to anger him, seeing his tears. Chris' voice was blunt, but firmly friendly. "There is this kid, in the headquarters. Jack, I believe. I met him two years ago. Want to know under what circumstances? The Military Policemen were giving him a beating. He was an orphan begging on the street for food. That's the sole reason they had... but... a 10 year old child. Obviously, I didn't kill them. He was a child, and it would traumatize him. So I knocked them out and took him to our headquarters."

Chris' voice changed, it became determined, tenacious and strong-willed. It was the voice of someone that was giving an inspiring speech. "Then there's the other 10 children that shared his fate, that me and my friends rescued. Then there's the adults with no home, no money and no food. Then there's Disruptor's family that also needed help." he said, looking over at Jacob.

"Then there's me. My mother died at childbirth, and me and my twin brother were born with... what do I call it. Weaknessess, let's say. I can't even rise my left arm above shoulder-level. My bones are brittle. My left eye doesn't see beyond 5 meters and my heart is about half as weak as a normal adult's. My brother has it even worse than me. He's nearly blind, and will never walk. My own father sealed a deal with a demon, making himself older by half of the age he already had, only to gain clairvoyant powers, so that he can start this cause and help people. Save people. Save this whole nation, and the ones that it conquered." he stopped, and clenched his fists.

"You can believe it, or you can not. But I? I just want to save people, and this country. So does the leader, my dad. Not all people have the courage to say that, especially under the circumstances we live in. I didn't tell you this in hopes you would change your mind. I told you this to prove that my cause is noble. Now, I'll just get out of your house, like you asked me to. By the way - We're a different group than that guy." he finished, and looked towards the exit, then started walking towards it. He didn't want to anger Arthur, or waste his, and his own time any further. Just at the exit, he looked at Jacob again. "You coming?" he asked.

@Baku
(Arthur could still just have the machine explode inside of him. Let's just say this. Arthur and Chris are like Superman and Doomsday. If they were to fight each other, they would kill THEMSELVES. Arthur would make his pacemaker thing explode, and in the last few seconds, Chris would shoot him or some shit. Let's stop fighting about who is better, let's just say that they are both absolute tanks.)

[QUOTE="Safety Hammer](Arthur could still just have the machine explode inside of him. Let's just say this. Arthur and Chris are like Superman and Doomsday. If they were to fight each other, they would kill THEMSELVES. Arthur would make his pacemaker thing explode, and in the last few seconds, Chris would shoot him or some shit. Let's stop fighting about who is better, let's just say that they are both absolute tanks.)

[/QUOTE]
(Lmao, okay.)

"Milord... MILORD!!!" A masked servant had been kneeling and calling to the Lord Raven for 15 minutes.

"...Yes?" Theo leaned forward slightly, as his wandering mind settled.

"The evening meal is ready. We are waiting for you to join us."

"I am not hungry. Tell everyone to eat without me."

"Sire, please. It has been weeks since you last ate."

"I do not need food; the hearts of my children and my enemies sustain me. Now, leave me."

"Sire, forgive me, but the last heart you consumed was a month ago, and it was not a strong one; you must eat." This servant was not going to be swayed; the Lord Raven's health was more important than his favor.

"If I am to consume, will you give me your heart?" Theo stood and towered over the servant.

"Gladly. If it means you will maintain your health, I would slay my own children as well." The servant stood her ground. She did not even blink.

"It is a good thing that you do not have children then Gladdis. I will eat." Theo bowed his head in defeat as Gladdis removed her mask and beamed in triumph.

Gladdis was the only mortal who would dare speak to Theo so freely. She was the High Priestess of the Ravens and Lady Nox of the Nightfall Atrium. Old enough to be Theo's great-grandmother, she looked as though she could be his twin sister. Feathers, wings, claws and all though hers were a shade of lavender. As a young boy, Theo had accidentally tapped her heart in an attempt to save her from death by old age. Instead of the trade of strength for mana that became his trademark, he gave her life and youth only, taking all of her mana. She may have feathers, but they were effectively decorations, not that anyone knew that.

Theo followed Gladdis to the dining hall, but was held up by a small gray bird that perched on a windowsill outside the main hall.

"Go on Gladdis. Everyone must dine without me. It would seem that I am to be expecting company. Before you ask, yes I will find someone to eat." He held his hand up to silence her, before crooking his finger for the bird to land on.

"Now, where is my entertainment for the night?" He asked the the bird.

@Grizzlot

Birdsie said:
@Baku
((Ok so you want to do this right now.

1. The ring may stop the adrenaline from killing Chris outright, but it cannot stop the effects it would have on the body without doing so fatally; defeating the purpose of doing so in the first place.
  2. Look up Adrenergic storm, because the good comes with the bad.
  3. I give the whole clairvoyant advantage.
  4. Jacob may try to shoot Arthur to save you (you don't control his actions), or Arthur could simply take control of it and make it fire off prematurely.
  5. I know that the Farseer's telepathy is magical, the crystal ball made it glaringly obvious. I meant that in the time it'd take for Chris to receive and process the message, his death could already be assured.))

Birdsie said:
(Prepare for a motivational speech)

Chris said "Leave it. He doesn't feel like saving people or this country, instead he prefers to wait until we do it for him." with an uncaring, cold tone. He didn't think much of Arthur, so he didn't expect the same treatment.

His eyes widened up in surprise, and shock when he heard Arthur's words. He frowned, deeply in self-loathing and disgust of his profession. His expression returned back to cold neutrality, when he realized he was not associated to the one that Arthur was talking about. "Apologies." he said bluntly, but clearly. Nothing more came out from his mouth for a few seconds. "You are correct in your statement, you are also correct that you have troubles, EITHER." he said. He took out his lit cigarette from his mouth, and crushed it under his heel.

He turned to Arthur and started explaining what he meant by it. He did not want to anger him, seeing his tears. Chris' voice was blunt, but firmly friendly. "There is this kid, in the headquarters. Jack, I believe. I met him two years ago. Want to know under what circumstances? The Military Policemen were giving him a beating. He was an orphan begging on the street for food. That's the sole reason they had... but... a 10 year old child. Obviously, I didn't kill them. He was a child, and it would traumatize him. So I knocked them out and took him to our headquarters."

Chris' voice changed, it became determined, tenacious and strong-willed. It was the voice of someone that was giving an inspiring speech. "Then there's the other 10 children that shared his fate, that me and my friends rescued. Then there's the adults with no home, no money and no food. Then there's Disruptor's family that also needed help." he said, looking over at Jacob.

"Then there's me. My mother died at childbirth, and me and my twin brother were born with... what do I call it. Weaknessess, let's say. I can't even rise my left arm above shoulder-level. My bones are brittle. My left eye doesn't see beyond 5 meters and my heart is about half as weak as a normal adult's. My brother has it even worse than me. He's nearly blind, and will never walk. My own father sealed a deal with a demon, making himself older by half of the age he already had, only to gain clairvoyant powers, so that he can start this cause and help people. Save people. Save this whole nation, and the ones that it conquered." he stopped, and clenched his fists.

"You can believe it, or you can not. But I? I just want to save people, and this country. So does the leader, my dad. Not all people have the courage to say that, especially under the circumstances we live in. I didn't tell you this in hopes you would change your mind. I told you this to prove that my cause is noble. Now, I'll just get out of your house, like you asked me to. By the way - We're a different group than that guy." he finished, and looked towards the exit, then started walking towards it. He didn't want to anger Arthur, or waste his, and his own time any further. Just at the exit, he looked at Jacob again. "You coming?" he asked.

@Baku
"I have conditions." Arthur said, taking off his welding goggles.

"One, never talk like that to me again or I will make your gun give you a lead circumcision. Two, never threaten my friends, family, or girlfriend again. Three, if you're a pass at my sister, I will fuck you with a chainsaw. Lastly, don't order me around."

[QUOTE="Safety Hammer]"I have conditions." Arthur said, taking off his welding goggles.
"One, never talk like that to me again or I will make your gun give you a lead circumcision. Two, never threaten my friends, family, or girlfriend again. Three, if you're a pass at my sister, I will fuck you with a chainsaw. Lastly, don't order me around."

[/QUOTE]
"That was rather extreme...."

Delacare said:
"Milord... MILORD!!!" A masked servant had been kneeling and calling to the Lord Raven for 15 minutes.
"...Yes?" Theo leaned forward slightly, as his wandering mind settled.

"The evening meal is ready. We are waiting for you to join us."

"I am not hungry. Tell everyone to eat without me."

"Sire, please. It has been weeks since you last ate."

"I do not need food; the hearts of my children and my enemies sustain me. Now, leave me."

"Sire, forgive me, but the last heart you consumed was a month ago, and it was not a strong one; you must eat." This servant was not going to be swayed; the Lord Raven's health was more important than his favor.

"If I am to consume, will you give me your heart?" Theo stood and towered over the servant.

"Gladly. If it means you will maintain your health, I would slay my own children as well." The servant stood her ground. She did not even blink.

"It is a good thing that you do not have children then Gladdis. I will eat." Theo bowed his head in defeat as Gladdis removed her mask and beamed in triumph.

Gladdis was the only mortal who would dare speak to Theo so freely. She was the High Priestess of the Ravens and Lady Nox of the Nightfall Atrium. Old enough to be Theo's great-grandmother, she looked as though she could be his twin sister. Feathers, wings, claws and all though hers were a shade of lavender. As a young boy, Theo had accidentally tapped her heart in an attempt to save her from death by old age. Instead of the trade of strength for mana that became his trademark, he gave her life and youth only, taking all of her mana. She may have feathers, but they were effectively decorations, not that anyone knew that.

Theo followed Gladdis to the dining hall, but was held up by a small gray bird that perched on a windowsill outside the main hall.

"Go on Gladdis. Everyone must dine without me. It would seem that I am to be expecting company. Before you ask, yes I will find someone to eat." He held his hand up to silence her, before crooking his finger for the bird to land on.

"Now, where is my entertainment for the night?" He asked the the bird.

@Grizzlot

((Ok so you want to do this right now.

1. The ring may stop the adrenaline from killing Chris outright, but it cannot stop the effects it would have on the body without doing so fatally; defeating the purpose of doing so in the first place.
  2. Look up Adrenergic storm, because the good comes with the bad.
  3. I give the whole clairvoyant advantage.
  4. Jacob may try to shoot Arthur to save you (you don't control his actions), or Arthur could simply take control of it and make it fire off prematurely.
  5. I know that the Farseer's telepathy is magical, the crystal ball made it glaringly obvious. I meant that in the time it'd take for Chris to receive and process the message, his death could already be assured.))
He soon acted surprised, "That's quite the greeting my friend!" He said tilting his head, "This is quite the setup you have in this area, hey hopefully you didn't mind me stealing that ring from you" He said tipping his hat,"I am quite surprised you knew I was coming,that's a lie, but tell me, do I really entertain you with my chatter, but that's not the question I wanted to say, to you know the random commute of the MP squads roaming the streets and building all of the sudden" He asked with great interest, tiling his head a bit

Users who are viewing this thread

Back