• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Fantasy Beyond the Third Sky

Pashpu said:
maybe we can just notice each other? :D I'll post and then you can post :D
Well, I was actually going to make a post right away!

But yeah, if you post I'll definitely follow it up.

reading the new group post, i'd say what we were doing before's a little moot now. which, kinda defeats the purpose of the conversation from before. take this one with a grain of salt, @NeverBetter, but i think we may need a little more room to breathe - if i understood what people we saying before correctly, people were having problems with solely reaction-based storytelling because there was a lot happening but nothing to really focus on - no conversation or relevance to tether their character to. moving us away when the conversation was just starting up again is another set back to that, i think.

but like i said - take that for what it's worth. i think you may have written that beforehand anyway, but i just wanted to sort of put that out there. it is certainly good that the third group is getting some action, regardless, and we can just settle in here, too! (figuratively, haha) it's certainly no big deal.

EDIT: hmm. i may have reacted a little too quickly to that. it's more things we sorta need to address, but at least there's a lot more options open to us, now. it is something to keep in mind, though.

Last edited by a moderator:
Pashpu said:
basically why I didn't post yet is because I was waiting for someone to notice the cat and the fox. But I guess I could post something dumb so this doesn't die
notice me senpai

@rusticyawn
wait a minute - i just saw this. a-am i senpai? 〈(゜。゜)

(i'll happily join y'all if you'd like, though, regardless!)

Hmm, I just posted in the RP thread, feel free to join! Also I edited the post because I forgot to take into account how different the new setting was.

@rusticyawn

Pashpu said:
Hmm, I just posted in the RP thread, feel free to join! Also I edited the post because I forgot to take into account how different the new setting was.
@rusticyawn
oh, that's quite alright! i was just making sure i wasn't ignoring you if you wanted my attention. i really wouldn't want to slow you two down if you can get something rolling! i'll probably just make a post that anyone can attach themselves to, to get things on their feet again, otherwise.

Okay! I just tagged you because you had been a little bit worried about the lack of activity. Looking forward to your post.!

Pashpu said:
Okay! I just tagged you because you had been a little bit worried about the lack of activity. Looking forward to your post.!
thank you for that, then! i really appreciate the thought. and thanks!

:-) Well I'm gonna sleep cause there's really nothing to post except "Hi I'm X person" until more people talk/more things happen. Good night both

Pashpu said:
:-) Well I'm gonna sleep cause there's really nothing to post except "Hi I'm X person" until more people talk/more things happen. Good night both
yeah, i understand. goodnight! good sleep to you!

rusticyawn said:
reading the new group post, i'd say what we were doing before's a little moot now. which, kinda defeats the purpose of the conversation from before. take this one with a grain of salt, @NeverBetter, but i think we may need a little more room to breathe - if i understood what people we saying before correctly, people were having problems with solely reaction-based storytelling because there was a lot happening but nothing to really focus on - no conversation or relevance to tether their character to. moving us away when the conversation was just starting up again is another set back to that, i think.
but like i said - take that for what it's worth. i think you may have written that beforehand anyway, but i just wanted to sort of put that out there. it is certainly good that the third group is getting some action, regardless, and we can just settle in here, too! (figuratively, haha) it's certainly no big deal.

EDIT: hmm. i may have reacted a little too quickly to that. it's more things we sorta need to address, but at least there's a lot more options open to us, now. it is something to keep in mind, though.
I was intending for more letting you lot talk, but as thst point, Yuffie was a bit right. There wasn't much to talk about. Half of us were unable to really do much due to injury, the other half unable to because lack of topics. And then we had a number of new members and characters wanting to join. I want to avoid going too many days it out any sort of update posting, so I bit the bullet.

After we do the Town portion, the game will be opening up a lot more because actual set teams will, at that point, completely dissolve and we will more into a more open game. For right now, however, I'm just calling it as I'm seeing it.

NeverBetter said:
I was intending for more letting you lot talk, but as thst point, Yuffie was a bit right. There wasn't much to talk about. Half of us were unable to really do much due to injury, the other half unable to because lack of topics. And then we had a number of new members and characters wanting to join. I want to avoid going too many days it out any sort of update posting, so I bit the bullet.
After we do the Town portion, the game will be opening up a lot more because actual set teams will, at that point, completely dissolve and we will more into a more open game. For right now, however, I'm just calling it as I'm seeing it.
i can understand that. i was probably just being unneedingly anxious, honestly - i usually am. thank you for letting me know!

ah, i sorta realized that that intro might be a little too... much. sorry about that - i was more so thinking about giving a topic of conversation, and fia generally has this happen accidentally by being unintentionally annoying, but as we talked about earlier, y'all've been inadvertently reacting to fia this whole time. if you'd rather, feel free to totally ignore her little spasm there and let your characters do their own thing and get their barrings - i can write something more relevant to that tomorrow, no problem. sorry! ^^"

princekyle said:
I don't think that Raph CAN ignore that.
yeah, i don't really want to pull y'all out of your thing just because you have to acknowledge fia's stupidity. i think i might just have to alter it, then.

rusticyawn said:
yeah, i don't really want to pull y'all out of your thing just because you have to acknowledge fia's stupidity. i think i might just have to alter it, then.
Oh, no no no.

I'm already responding. It's quite alright.

princekyle said:
Oh, no no no.
I'm already responding. It's quite alright.
ah, alright. i'll leave it as it is, then. (^~^ ;)

what i said is still true for everyone else, though - feel free to ignore that if it's annoying or you'd just like not to for whatever reason, and i'll tone it down for awhile in the future if it's a problem. (by all means, be upfront about it if it is - i wont mind hearing it at all and changing my behavior accordingly.)

rusticyawn said:
i can understand that. i was probably just being unneedingly anxious, honestly - i usually am. thank you for letting me know!
Don't worry, I get it. I totally get it.

rusticyawn said:
ah, alright. i'll leave it as it is, then. (^~^ ;)
what i said is still true for everyone else, though - feel free to ignore that if it's annoying or you'd just like not to for whatever reason, and i'll tone it down for awhile in the future if it's a problem. (by all means, be upfront about it if it is - i wont mind hearing it at all and changing my behavior accordingly.)
I'll be honest, I found it kinda hilarious.

I have decided, legit love you.

Game set match.

Dating someone over, everyone else can go home.

NeverBetter said:
Don't worry, I get it. I totally get it.
I'll be honest, I found it kinda hilarious.

I have decided, legit love you.

Game set match.

Dating someone over, everyone else can go home.
oh thank god that's good to hear. i'm always worried the comedy in my posts fall flat. (like fia, into the sand,,)

he finally reveals the reason our characters were made - it was a dating sim the whole time...!!(sorry girls only no hetero ᕕ( ᐛ )ᕗ)

thanks! i really you and everyone else too - everyone's been really kind since i've entered this thread and it's been awhile since i've been in a group that i've enjoyed this much. that's why all my posts can seem really nervous (even more so than any other time) - i'm just doing my best to have a good time with you all, haha.

Firstly, Some of us are moving perfectly fine. Take @DergTheDergon and me, as there wasn't exactly much going on, we created our own little story. If you don't improvise you won't make it far in this roleplay, sure @NeverBetter does control certain events, but it's up to us to choose what to make of it.

VioletShadow said:
Firstly, Some of us are moving perfectly fine. Take @DergTheDergon and me, as there wasn't exactly much going on, we created our own little story. If you don't improvise you won't make it far in this roleplay, sure @NeverBetter does control certain events, but it's up to us to choose what to make of it.
that's... true, yes. but most people don't have a lot of time, and at the end of the day, it is a game - if they're not having fun, they're probably not going to be keen on wasting their time to force out a post. but that's why it's important to communicate what's going wrong and what we can all do as a group to fix it, and that's what we did. and that's pretty much the trick to long-lasting roleplays (barring unavoidable complications) - just making sure everyone's having fun and feels compelled to do their part.

idk, it is something everyone technically has a small part in, but telling people it's their fault for not trying and blaming each other for why it's not working isn't productive. working together to address grievances and refine kinks is what works. but on that note, it's not something that matters, really, now - it's over, for the most part. still, if people still want to address their issues, what i'm saying is that they should be welcomed and encouraged to do so - not told that it's their fault and that they should try harder.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back