• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Twenty

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus jaydude jaydude Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

I'm going to give this a week. See how it goes.

Hope you're having a good one everybody!
Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood

Guys? This is the 3rd alert I've sent to you; the 1st was roughly 5 days ago. I have not heard from you at all about this and RP Nation thinks you have been online recently.

I am closing this "Test For Echo" sometime on August 2nd. That's this Friday. If I don't hear anything from you by then, then... I guess I am left to seriously conclude that you are not willing to continue Sharseya or Broadsword? If I could read your minds with your permission to find out, I'd be tempted.

If you are not willing to continue, then know that I love ya, but I will have to restart these games with those who are.
That's only fair to the rest of us. Please tell us with a word even if it's a short word? ("Yes" is a short word!) This won't be an option after Friday.

Put another way, if I am to run these games, I need to restart this. But how I can we do that with you if you are not participating, right? I hope you are! Tell us you're in! Have a good one!

Honor and fun,
Purr

Purr Purr
Apologies for changing the subject a little, but if we do restart these games, what system are we going to be using?

Purr Purr
Apologies for changing the subject a little, but if we do restart these games, what system are we going to be using?
jaydude jaydude No apologies needed; yours is a good question, Jay!

The short answer? I want to see how everyone feels about that. Whatever we do, I would like things made simpler (for example, shrink down what's in Shop Talk in both games). One of the reasons I stopped posting was because I overloaded myself.

Long answer?

If it were only up to me, I'd like Robotech: Broadsword to stay in Palladium because I don't know how to play it anywhere else and I'm comfortable with the system. However, if one of us has a strong case for another system, I'm open to hearing about it.

Sharseya? We didn't really transfer over to Palladium from Pathfinder/D&D. We have folks who know Palladium pretty well and some that don't know it at all. I don't think Palladium's gotten a fair shake, but as with Broadsword, if someone has a system they'd rather try, I'm open to hearing about it.

There's also option #3 - I can run a different game(s) entirely. That likely means losing my Hosted Projects here. I'm sentimental about these two games. If I were to run, say, Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles/After the Bomb, I couldn't continue using either of these Hosted Projects for that (a drag to say the least).

That's all I've got at the moment.

To be honest, I've lost my connection to Luna. I'm not sure I am interested in resuming the game.

Sherwood Sherwood What about the broadsword, then? The same sentiment, or different? Just curious.

After pondering for a bit, I feel like trying to get either Aldrin and Ylva back into my mind again is not the right way to get back into things. For me, those two concepts, together with the games, come with a whole lot of baggage to do them justice. And from experience, trying to get things completely right ends in me not posting at all. Feels more like I should take a fresh start,without the weight of great memories.

Sherwood Sherwood What about the broadsword, then? The same sentiment, or different?

Feels more like I should take a fresh start,without the weight of great memories.
Then perhaps a fresh start is the answer? I would like to think I'm known for being flexible. =)

Purr Purr

jaydude jaydude I missed the opportunity to ask you, so I'll ask now - did you have any systems in mind?

Keep the conversation going, please! =)

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus jaydude jaydude Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Hey! We've taken one heck of a break here. So... testing for echo! What's everyone's status out there regarding Sharseya and Broadsword?

More importantly, how is everybody? Most of you I'm still gaming with, but not all. Hope you're having a good one, Gang!

Honor and fun,
Purr =)
Apologies to Purr and everyone else for my long silence. I went through some mental stuff months ago and am having difficulties getting back into things. Largely, I suspect, due to self-intimidation at the amount there is to catch up on. Really need to get over that and just post, but I haven't yet. Again, sorry.

I do still want to continue both if possible.

I've got a good handle on Kaerri as a character, but I'm still not quite sure where she is with her new abilities and all. I'm not sure if that's a reflection of the changes or of my ability to understand them.

Eadric is in some ways easier (I've got a good grasp of him as a character and what he can do), he just takes longer to post with because there's a lot going on in his head at any given time, and it's more fun for me to type it all up and share.

Guys? This is the 3rd alert I've sent to you; the 1st was roughly 5 days ago. I have not heard from you at all about this and RP Nation thinks you have been online recently.
Sorry. I honestly didn't see this. I haven't read anything on RpNation except Admin things I was directly asked to look at in... well, I don't know, but I've got 62 alerts since whenever it was, and these pings are probably included in that.

Thanks, you!

Some folks have lost hold of their characters while others retain their grasp. Maybe I can work in a way for both?

I do still want to continue both if possible.
If we do keep both games, I imagine there will be some significant changes. As you have probably already read, I would like to simplify things.

I just want to game with you guys and gals anyway I can. =) If that means changing the games or changing how it's played, I'm up for that. Plus I really want to search myself and see what I want too. =)

Edit: Once I know who's in, I'll have some questions ready for everybody. =)

Last edited:
Oddly, given how much longer I've played Sharseya (and how much I love it there), I think I'm currently more invested in Broadsword. I'd still enjoy playing in both, but if I had to pick, that's the situation I feel more connected to, if that makes sense? I'm not really sure why, so this may not be particularly useful as feedback goes.

Ultimately, I want to play what you have fun running, and what my fellow players have fun in.

Not going to keep it to myself - I am really interested to know what Psychie thinks about all of this.

Sorry I haven't posted here earlier. I was missing alerts. Lets see here.

<reads a bit>

Hmmm. I hadn't been expecting anything about these games. I was thinking that they had run their course and Purr had called them over. I don't know what to think. I enjoyed both games a lot, but I'd like to get involved in something different. Maybe a Rifts game run by Purr?

Sorry I haven't posted here earlier. I was missing alerts. Lets see here.
Yes! Pinging out elsewhere was a good idea; Psychie, I figured the alerts might have been borked again when you didn't speak up. You and Sherwood are always online here. =)
Hmmm. I hadn't been expecting anything about these games. I was thinking that they had run their course and Purr had called them over. I don't know what to think.
A logical conclusion but one that you might have benefitted more by asking about? I'll be the first to let you know - you know me; I don't hold back on things like that. Next time, please ask away! Besides, everybody likes visits from the Cookie Monster! =)

I enjoyed both games a lot, but I'd like to get involved in something different. Maybe a Rifts game run by Purr?
I ran tabletop Rifts for years and years. I chalk up that time as one of my greatest campaigns because I pulled from everywhere I wanted. However, I also got burned out. But it lasted quite some time!

Kaerri, Sherwood, and Psychie, I'm glad you three responded when I pinged you yesterday. These wouldn't be the same games without you. Give me a few and I'll toss some questions for all of you that have been on my mind. =)

Sounds fair. I'll look forward to what you come up with.
Seriously, though. I'm not in the habit of leaving people hanging (that goes triple for you guys). I would have told you if I was done with Sharseya and Broadsword. Can't leave you hanging and I sure as hell don't ghost! Ha ha! =)

While I have lost my connection with Luna and Mario, I wouldn't mind seeing some ideas for a new game from our dapper cat with the top hat.

I may will probably have more questions for each of you down the line, but here are some starters:

1. Do you want to play a new game or stick with either or both Sharseya and Broadsword? (If we stick either of those games, I will be changing and simplifying them, making them easier to play with less to keep track of.)

2. If you want to play a new game(s), what are you hot for to play long-term? (If I have it, I'll consider it!)

3. If you're in the Sharseya game, please give me your top 3 favorite NPCs (or top 5 if you like - you can write individual names or groups).

4. If you're in the Robotech: Broadsword game, please give me your top 3 favorite NPCs (or top 5 if you like - you can write individual names or groups).

5. For those of you who still remember and enjoy their characters, if we decide to go with a new game(s), do you like the idea of trying to bring one or both of your current Sharseya/Broadsword characters into a new game? (No promises, but I can try!)

I would like a new game, not just a reboot of the other two. I would vote for either a Palladium Fantasy game or Rifts, with a new set of characters and NPCs to rub elbows with. I'd lean more to the Rifts game, but that is just because I haven't played the Fantasy game and have no real investment in it but I'm willing to give it a try.

I would like a new game, not just a reboot of the other two. I would vote for either a Palladium Fantasy game or Rifts, with a new set of characters and NPCs to rub elbows with. I'd lean more to the Rifts game, but that is just because I haven't played the Fantasy game and have no real investment in it but I'm willing to give it a try.
And for questions 3, 4, and 5?

For 3, I like Mamapaw and Powerpaw.

For 4, Hitomi is my favorite there.

And finally, if we go with a new game, I'd like a fresh character and not to rehash someone old.

For 3, I like Mamapaw and Powerpaw.

For 4, Hitomi is my favorite there.
Those are your top 3 in each game? Pardon if I'm asking for the questions to be completed, but there's good reason for it, I assure you. =)

Bria would also make the list for Sharseya.

In Broadsword, I don't have the strong connection to them that makes them stand out to me, unlike the other player characters.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back