• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

At the Adventurers' Table: Chapter Twenty

Purr

Kaerri's Man. =)
Supporter
Roleplay Availability
Roleplay Type(s)
Heya Gang! Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus jaydude jaydude Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon Big post! Grab your drink and snack of choice! 8D

Here we are together in Sharseya's eighth year on RP Nation! Isn't that something? =)

Here's a little background before I share an announcement that, unless you don't want it, will affect all. =)

As we try out this shift from AD&D-3.5+Pathfinder 1e + 2e to Palladium (that's a mouthful!), I figured I would come in here and let you gals and guys in on a little something. In all of the games I've played that have gone through major shifts in system or rules changes, I can't remember one where the characters were involved for more than, say, a scene. We Players and DM just decided on a thing and the PCs just looked up and went on about their business as if it were hardly a change at all.

Well, I didn't like that approach for big changes in Sharseya. So, I involved the world itself. The story. The characters. Big, sudden, and unexpected changes to life is just something that the Sharseyans know to happen. Whether they accept it or not is up to the individual. And a change like this? Going to Palladium rules, classes, etc.? Yeah!

The last big change that went through Sharseya affected my entire race of minotaurs and their cousins. I had decided that minotaurs everywhere were not medium-sized but large-sized creatures. Well, on a PC's character sheet, that's a change of a few numbers and taking your eraser to the "medium" in your size category and scribbling in "large" (if you even had a size category on the sheet). But on this DM's platter? The entire city of Highwind changed. Smoothly. Magically. Effortlessly. Streets widened, houses grew, clothes and armor grew with every minotaur and minotaur-related creature on my world. The changed affected the Bloodland minotaurs, Highwind minotaurs, and the yak-blooded peace-loving berserker race, the Yaktara. That's a lot of area to cover and a lot of lives transformed!

And yet, like a comet dashing through the sky or an earthquake settling in, it was just another day for Sharseya as a realm.

So too will this be! I want the PCs in on this change! What has happened to your characters individually? As a team? Do you help each other figure it out? Do you treat it like a life-changing moment or is this just another change of clothes? As always, the choice is yours. My NPCs are all reacting accordingly as the face of magic and combat and now the exceedingly rare addition of psychic powers (something I've never allowed in Sharseya until today) make themselves known to a precious few (Hiii, Allldriiin! 8D). Oh! And Chi powers too for the Healer class. (Hiii, Briiia! Bria: "Hi, hi! I'm ready to see what's new!" 8D)

I don't imagine any of you having a problem with this - roleplaying these changes in-character. Growing and learning together. But... I cannot read your minds; only you can tell me what's fun for each of you! So if this doesn't sound like fun, let me know immediately!

And if it does sound like fun, well hey! That's what we've been doing all these years together! Game on!

Expect Conversations from me as I give each of you updates concerning your characters and things that affect them. Have a great day, Gang!

Honor and fun,
Dann =)

P.S. Oh! And I'm opening up an in-game Chapter Twenty but for now, only as a placeholder until I get feedback from each of you. =)

First!

Also, I'm looking forward to see these changes through Aldrin's eyes. Should be quite the experience =D

First!

Also, I'm looking forward to see these changes through Aldrin's eyes. Should be quite the experience =D
Oh my gosh! You are first! Which is also a first! How cool is that?

I was wondering how the changes would be worked into the IC part of the game, if it would be a case of this has been the way things were the whole time or if we were suddenly changed by some outside force. This answers that for me, thank you.

I remember when the minotaurs became Large. 😆

I quite like this approach. The whole "Yep, the world just changed. As it does." approach, I find fun.

Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus jaydude jaydude Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

It has been a week, so I guess the votes are in as to what we're doing? From above:
I want the PCs in on this change! What has happened to your characters individually? As a team? Do you help each other figure it out? Do you treat it like a life-changing moment or is this just another change of clothes? As always, the choice is yours.
Last call! (And is this guy here good or what? Wow!) =)
Announces Last Call GIF

I still haven't gotten around to converting Alisa yet (you can blame RL distractions and my periodic struggles to work up motivation). I'm probably not going to have her be too affected by the changes in the world though.

I still haven't gotten around to converting Alisa yet (you can blame RL distractions and my periodic struggles to work up motivation). I'm probably not going to have her be too affected by the changes in the world though.
No worries! The game is here for our leisure not the other way around, right? =)

jaydude jaydude But are you okay with role playing Alisa and the changes to the world (as I've done the past)? Or would you just rather the changes happen Out of Character? What feels like more fun for you, Jay?

I'll try and have a look at what the changes in question are going to be and then get back to you at some point in the future. Right now though, I imagine any option could be made to work.

I'll try and have a look at what the changes in question are going to be and then get back to you at some point in the future. Right now though, I imagine any option could be made to work.
Could I save you some reading and hunting and instead summarize? =)

I mean the changes to all of Sharseya from going from Dungeons & Dragons in the Pathfinder to the Palladium system. These are worldwide changes where good clerics become priests of light and Arcane Archers become longbowmen with magical abilities.

in this game's past, everyone including the player characters knew that sometimes worldwide magical changes just happened ( they never knew why, they just gave the credit and blame to the Gods)

In the past we have roleplayed them out. We found it fun to examine the new changes and make them part of the story. However, that was when we were playing tabletop and I don't want to take for granted that everyone here feels the same way as my players in real life. Maybe some here see all that as an inconvenience? If so, I want to know which direction you're happiest with. That goes for everybody! =)

Okay. I do feel that seeing someone's skillset clearly change would be a bit too meta for my liking. But I'm prepared to go along with what the other players think.

I've done very little myself. In fact I don't think Kaerri even has a fully-fleshed OCC to convert to yet. 😆

If it helps, in the past this has felt rather Doctor Who-like, rather than breaking the fourth wall. It's not that the characters know they've changed systems, but rather they're aware that something about the universe they're in has shifted, and they're aware (and generally accepting) of that.

main-qimg-9b7a556b9db0dda59b607274907e7d1d-lq

I've done very little myself. In fact I don't think Kaerri even has a fully-fleshed OCC to convert to yet. 😆

If it helps, in the past this has felt rather Doctor Who-like, rather than breaking the fourth wall. It's not that the characters know they've changed systems, but rather they're aware that something about the universe they're in has shifted, and they're aware (and generally accepting) of that.

main-qimg-9b7a556b9db0dda59b607274907e7d1d-lq
Yeah, I'd say that works for me.

Heya again, Gang! Hope you're having a great Sunday! =)

To repeat, I feel comfortable moving this subject in general to Adventurers' Table now. I think if I continue to post everything in Conversation, it's going to become cluttered and confusing. Please ask character-specific questions in either our personal Conversations or the Conversation we've shared with Sharseya 2.0 Palladium.

Update: Whew. I tackled the the entire Shadowdancer O.C.C. at 9th level (and now I haz no brain left for a little while). Kaerri the Shadowdancer is a little closer to play. =)

Oreleth the Arcane Archer is up next (after I take a break). =)

Oreleth the Arcane Archer to Psychie is sent! Yay!

Jaydude's Alisa is next (since I have a strong idea of how I want Palladins to play out).

My thoughts on Paladins are now there for ol' Jay to see and provide feedback for (that's what I'm looking for from each of you!).

I snuck in Sil's post for his possible new familiar for Aldrin; I did not discuss Aldrin's O.C.C. so that remains open. =)

Sherwood? Warlock is proving tricky, but I'm making progress.

Cap'n? If you've anything you'd like to share with me concerning dear Oti, do share it with me! =)

Last edited:
O.K.! A few hours ago, I put all I had concerning Luna to hopefully to bring a smile to everyone's favorite laser-chasing feline, Sherwood! =)

I guess this is the part where I work on my own Wayward Wandering NPCs and continue tinkering with behind-the-scenes goodies until I hear back from you, my friends! =)

I just sent you a quick response to your message along with a work-in-progress sheet for Luna. I don't want to get too far along before making sure that we are on the same page with everything.

Short warning, folks: I'm pretty busy at the moment and my brain is mostly preoccupied with stuff that doesn't go too well with rping at the moment. Should be better in a week or so, but until then I'll probably be pretty quiet.

Oh my gosh! Silanon Silanon A "short" warning from our hobbit-playing player? I see what you did there! I'm betting our "pun-loving" Sherwood Sherwood had something to do with it! Yes!

Seriously, as much as I love gaming. It's takes second place to realize that always will. You know the drill, dear Sil! Take your time, do it to it, and we will be here because we love ya! =)

Heya Gang! Captain Hesperus Captain Hesperus jaydude jaydude Kaerri Kaerri Psychie Psychie Sherwood Sherwood Silanon Silanon

Now that I'm back on my feet (more or less), I wanted to share with you my thoughts about getting back into roleplaying here in Sharseya. It's been nearly two months since we've decided to go Palladium here and I miss our posting in-game.

With my last two in-game posts, I think I've set up what I hope is a decent foundation to get us roleplaying our characters? You tell me.

While the Wayward Wanderers are still transitioning into Palladium, the sooner we resume roleplaying, I think the sooner those character sheets start getting completed and we can free our minds up for the Wayward Wanderers' future adventures!

Is everyone on board to posting in-game again?

Might take me some time to get to it - had a few positively stressful days and got more lined up as well. That, and I'll need some time to get back into Aldrin's mind. It's been a while, and I never really got going with him to begin with.

Might take me some time to get to it - had a few positively stressful days and got more lined up as well. That, and I'll need some time to get back into Aldrin's mind. It's been a while, and I never really got going with him to begin with.
Silanon Silanon Let me know how I might help, Sil? This is one reason I don't like to spend too long outside a beloved character's head; I start to lose them if I don't play them. However, talking about them, remembering what excited me about them enough to create them (I often keep an Inspiration tab on mine), things like that - whatever brings you back to the fun! =)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back