[Astrum: Heavens] The Galactic Cantina

[QUOTE="Commissar Gaunt]Is it too late to rejoin?

[/QUOTE]
I would think never but you disrepaired for a while

[QUOTE="Commissar Gaunt]Thanks Lareo

[/QUOTE]
No problem. Just claim a new/your old territory in the signup thread.

Excuse me *shy bark*

I'd like to ask a question. How does production of units, construction of buildings, researching tech etc work in NBRPs? I mean like are they turn based? Is there an elapsed time or something, and how is it determined? I don't quite understand that aspect.

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]Excuse me *shy bark*
I'd like to ask a question. How does production of units, construction of buildings, researching tech etc work in NBRPs? I mean like are they turn based? Is there an elapsed time or something, and how is it determined? I don't quite understand that aspect.

[/QUOTE]
You send a PM to the moderator (in this case, moi), listing what you want to produce/R&D and then I determine how long each group of units or piece of technology takes to complete in days. :)

dat storyteller response time! bet you got all excited when you saw Wolf's post in your RP :D

It's that simple, huh? So basically whenever I hit a build/research/whatever button, it's just added to a production queue the duration of which is specified by the storyteller. And I assume you are using some kind of a system to determine the time required? And there are ways for the player to affect this time?

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]dat storyteller response time! bet you got all excited when you saw Wolf's post in your RP :D
It's that simple, huh? So basically whenever I hit a build/research/whatever button, it's just added to a production queue the duration of which is specified by the storyteller. And I assume you are using some kind of a system to determine the time required? And there are ways for the player to affect this time?

[/QUOTE]
Oh yeah, I was like the Nintendo 64 -kid, when I got the alert.

And that's pretty much it, yeah. Though you have to keep in mind to always send the PM, even if it's just copy-pasting previous productions. It may look a little intimidating in the Main Guide, but it's actually really easy when you get right down to it. :cool:

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]I see. Well, Astrum is undeniably a great NBRP from the looks of it.
I can haz a wolfy race? ^^

[/QUOTE]
Of course! It ought to be fun to have a canine species to compete with Freeman's feline species. :P

Just remember post in the Signup thread, before starting your Nation thread!

[QUOTE="Laréo Vi Finlandia]Just remember post in the Signup thread, before starting your Nation thread!

[/QUOTE]
Yes, yessss of course... *thinks*

I'm halfway through the Main Guide, feeling myself slip ever further into Astrum :o

The guide is very well written - it's got me inadvertantly creating everything as I am reading along. If this keeps up I'll end up joining this just so that all those ideas don't go to waste... But I guess that was your ulterior motive! You... you... space... nebula... bastard... thingy.. you...! :confused:

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]Yes, yessss of course... *thinks*
I'm halfway through the Main Guide, feeling myself slip ever further into Astrum :eek:

The guide is very well written - it's got me inadvertantly creating everything as I am reading along. If this keeps up I'll end up joining this just so that all those ideas don't go to waste... But I guess that was your ulterior motive! You... you... space... nebula... bastard... thingy.. you...! :confused:

[/QUOTE]
[media]

[/media]
:cool:

When a Nation/Fleet agrees to have one of it's Admirals or Diplomats played by another player who is not controlling the said Nation/Fleet, is that Admiral/Diplomat a member of the said Nation/Fleet or belongs to the other player?

Aw, God...

What I mean is, if I were to say, play an Admiral in Freeman's nation... Would I play an Admiral from his race/homeworld, or is this Admiral actually a member of my race who literally travels over there and assumes this duty?

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]When a Nation/Fleet agrees to have one of it's Admirals or Diplomats played by another player who is not controlling the said Nation/Fleet, is that Admiral/Diplomat a member of the said Nation/Fleet or belongs to the other player?
Aw, God...

What I mean is, if I were to say, play an Admiral in Freeman's nation... Would I play an Admiral from his race/homeworld, or is this Admiral actually a member of my race who literally travels over there and assumes this duty?

[/QUOTE]
If you're playing a Nation/Fleet, your Admirals can't serve another player's nation. If you want to play as an Admiral for someone, you would have to be of their nation and race.

Right. I knew that. Finished reading.

I've always been a practical Wolf, favoring the empirical approach on things... So I guess the only way to move on is to...

*brace yourself*

... join Astrum :o

Yeah, I think I'll tag along. I'll submit the info per instructions within 48 hours. Meanwhile I am free to select a location on the map, ahead of else, right?

Congratulations. You've got yourselves a Wolf :P

[QUOTE="Wolf Rawrrr]Yeah, I think I'll tag along. I'll submit the info per instructions within 48 hours. Meanwhile I am free to select a location on the map, ahead of else, right?

[/QUOTE]
Yessir.

Definitely something I would like to join. Don't know what I would do just yet as I still have to read a bit more on how to participate in type of RP, but the concept has caught my interest indeed.

Is there still more room for new comers by any chance? :)

[QUOTE="A'kal]Definitely something I would like to join. Don't know what I would do just yet as I still have to read a bit more on how to participate in type of RP, but the concept has caught my interest indeed.

[/QUOTE]
Let me put it like this A'kal...

In one of the most awesome NBRPs I've ever played in, one of the most powerful players who played it didn't start until we were almost a full year into the game... and that was one that was taking place just on Earth. There is more than enough room for you here.

[QUOTE="A'kal]Definitely something I would like to join. Don't know what I would do just yet as I still have to read a bit more on how to participate in type of RP, but the concept has caught my interest indeed.

[/QUOTE]
There is always more room. Look to the sign-up thread, pick a number and a alien species, I think everything but Earth, but the Human race is still play able if made with good enough history. But be creative, We have monkey people, cat people, were going to be getting a Wolf people, so why not complete it with bird people.

And I only say that due to your avatar A'Kal

Well after a talk with Freeman in a thread elsewhere... I'm a little timid but I will try and again at this if that is okay. (cause it was a fun concept and the game so sounded fun! Stupid real life hurt my attempt). But! First I will see just how much more work it will be to revive/rebuild my initial concept.

New people! My favorite kind of people! :D

[/QUOTE]
There's definitely more room! Come, join! Make bird people, it'll be fun. :cool: (You don't have to, but like Freeman said, with felines and canines, someone might as well bring some avian critters into play)

Myllinnia said:
Well after a talk with Freeman in a thread elsewhere... I'm a little timid but I will try and again at this if that is okay. (cause it was a fun concept and the game so sounded fun! Stupid real life hurt my attempt). But! First I will see just how much more work it will be to revive/rebuild my initial concept.
From what I recall, your nation thread wasn't too far away from being complete. If you want, I can unlock it for you- If not, just post a new claim in the Signup thread. :)

I've been looking at it, a few changes I may have to make to fit the vision I have currently. And yes looks almost done-ish... huh, still I needed to tweak this and that. So ya sure, unlock her, and I will attempt to flesh out the last of that nation's stuff and fix what I think will fit better well before this next week is out.

You know, Astrum really reminds me of Spore. And I really love Spore. If I hadn't already decided to make a wolfy race, I would totally go for roleplaying my saved slot from Spore.

Basically I "evolutioned" a species called Dragonbird. They were a cross between dragons and birds as the name suggests. They walked on four legs and had great bird wings and beaks. Their skin was red scales with black tattoos. Later as I went into tribal stage they learned to walk on two legs and use their front legs as hands with dragon paws. Dragonbirds were by nature very aggressive and literally annihilated all the other species that posed any threat to their dominance, but during space stage they became more neutral :D

Users who are viewing this thread

Back