• This section is for roleplays only.
    ALL interest checks/recruiting threads must go in the Recruit Here section.

Please remember to credit artists when using works not your own.

Active [Aslan City] I Summon Thee!

La Qzioah Taenebraia-Sol
1718557004989.png

Elvario Elvario SilverFeathers SilverFeathers
Character Sheet
Titles:
Abomination, Fae, Construct, Isekai'd

Qzioah only smirked and giggled at Deliverence, was he truly so innocent or unconcerned with his actions where he would blatantly ignore them? Plus there was the one matter of that she couldn't so simply 'return from whence she came' now that she was brought here with no way of knowing where 'back' actually was. Tutting and shaking her head, she held her mischievous grin as she eyed the blonde boy.
"Tsk, tsk, that's not a very welcoming way to treat a woman. From what I can surmise, you've probably never been enough around a woman to actually become a man. So, little Deli, my little darling, I can't simply just leave when you're the one who dragged me out of my own business all the way here. Not even a ticket back or a goodbye kiss? I'm quite disheartened that you'd do that. After all, the summon only fits the summoner, so I was clearly brought here for a reason... unless, " she hummed, holding a mischievous grin as she walked up to the barrier that was to keep the circle safe. Giving it a gentle touch, she tested to see how strong it was and started to realise she could escape from it. One of the girls present had turned into some sort of tiny, fairy form, for whatever reason of which Deliverence had turned his attention to.

"You're a bit too shy with all these people around? I'd get it, sweetheart, sometimes your first experience interacting with a lady with a bunch of people around might get you quite embarrassed and your nerves all shaken up" she added. Having glanced to the Professor, she nodded.
"Thank you, I think I will stay around for a little while at least, since I was forcefully summoned here and all" she said, adding the last part for clearly no reason at all. She finally looked back to Deli and Xue, giggling as she made the last momentary choice to push through the barrier and leave the confines of the summoning circle.

"My, my, all this and that's your only welcome? A shy little oopsie and asking me to go back home? No wonder you must be at a loss with the ladies. Don't worry, honey, I'm sure I can teach you all about that and more. You shouldn't have reason to be disappointed about summoning me, I'm sure I can help you with whatever you need ask of~" she cooed, looking to the little fairy. What had happened exactly? Was summoning her really taxing on someone else?

"D'aww, hm? What's wrong with the little one? Are you lost, also shy like little ol' Deli-Deedee here? There's nothing to be afraid of, I won't bite. The blonde cutie, perhaps I might him, but not right now. What's your name, little lady~?" Qzioah curiously hummed, holding a hand out gently as she crouched down to see the little fairy.​

Last edited:
Xue? (#54d1b0)

full

Character Sheet
HP (Speed B): 5/5
Armour HP (Light Armour E): 2/2
Bracer HP (Catalyst C): 4/4
Wand HP (Catalyst C): 4/4
Cooldowns
C: 1/2 (Energized C)
Elvario Elvario Femboy Femboy Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

The little fairy's mind continued to buzz, confusingly ringing with the many different voices echoing throughout the crowded summoning space. Although her hearing seemed to have dulled and faded for the moment, her eyes remained wide and unblinking, watching the reaction of the one she loved without so much as a breath.

Briefly, the elf seemed to mumble to himself, before a puzzled expression suddenly crossed his face. His gestures seem to indicate that he cast a spell? Then he shook his head and seemed to ask a question. He seemed slightly... curt? Impatient? Which made her still even further for a moment in confusion, before she watched him seemingly turn to gesture to herself and being taken aback. Xue couldn't quite process what was happening before he suddenly appeared before her, her blank gaze following him all the way.

The sight of him familiarly offering her his scarred hands for comfort as he spoke, almost made her cry.

She felt she could finally understand what people meant when they said love was like a rollercoaster. Her heart felt like it had submerged so far irrecoverably, until to suddenly restore itself and rise back up. She hated it. It was scary. Unbeknownst to him, it felt like he could toy with her in the palm of his hand if he so pleased. Even if she knew deep down that the one she fell in love with wasn't that kind of person, she couldn't help but fear it.
Quietly, she rested both her mechanoid hand and her fae hand on his little pinky as she slowly put herself back together. "No I'm fine, it's nothing. It's nothing." She responded and re-iterated carefully, taking in a deep breath to finally clear her emotions and thoughts.

"Thank you, Deli. And you too... Phoebe was it? Think I heard your blue-haired friend over there shout your name quite loudly previously." She smiled and waved widely towards the pink-haired barrier keeper, knowing with the distance and her tiny size, it would be hard for Phoebe to make out her expression.

"I'm sorry for abandoning the barrier so suddenly." She mentioned more solemnly, deeply aware of how unbefitting it was for someone like her to lose her composure so suddenly. What if the succubus had been a malicious threat and she had just abandoned her duties out of emotion? The consequences could've been terrible. Feeling bitter, the goal of being able to call herself a 'hero' with pride only ever seemed to grow farther and farther away.

As the succubus easily waltzed through the weakened barrier and approached them both with her ever sultry speech, Ninelle couldn't help but grow defensive, her wings slightly whirring into action behind her.

"Please don't bite or touch him... unless he lets you?" She posed somewhat tentatively and vaguely, unsure of how to phrase it herself. But before long, she felt she had to add some sort of note of finality.

"He's mine." She stated softly with some protectiveness and determination, although her gaze somewhat flitted to and from Deliverance to gauge his reaction. Their relationship was still vague, and she didn't want to do anything that would overstep bounds or make him uncomfortable. Especially not with the scars on his body that spoke of a very unpleasant past.

Still, the succubus' friendliness towards herself was... a surprise? Perhaps she was led astray by some preconceived notions, as Xue had somewhat expected the succubus to be angry at having her prey's attention diverted.

Although she only caught the tail-end of their conversation, if what Deliverence said was true... it certainly wasn't the succubus' fault she was here. All of Xue's own recoil and initial abhorrence towards her existence was unwarranted. It wasn't fair to her at all. Mustering up a relatively gentle, if slightly uncomfortable, smile on her half-mechanoid face, Ninelle reached out a hand to meet the succubus's fingertip. "You can call me Xue. But welcome to this world, stranger. What was your name again... if you don't mind me asking? I was a little distracted and must have missed it." She managed to recover a bit more of her friendliness the more she spoke, quietly examining the foreign summon's purplish skin and dark fingertips. "I like your nails..."

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png

Interactions: SilverFeathers SilverFeathers Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread
Mentions: Femboy Femboy Kikimura Kikimura
Languages: Common | [Terran]

"Huh? Wait, what do you mean by student assist-" But before Phoebe could actually finish the sentence, the Professor had already left, leaving the young mage standing there bewildered on the sudden promotion. Being distracted by the sudden promotion and being the only one out of the original 3 students assigned to the magic circle still maintaining the barrier wasn't exactly a good thing for the stability and strength of the magic barrier, as one could imagine. Case in point, the Succubus that the guy summoned just walked through the barrier. Well... at least she seemed friendly enough, she's not outright hostile at the very least.

Now that she didn't have to continue on funneling her magic into the circles anymore, she went over to where the fairy and succubus were. "Yea, that's right, I'm Phoebe, nice to meet you." She responded to confirm the fairy's guess. "Oh, no worries about it. At least no harm came out of it this time. But more importantly, are you well? You did drop the barrier rather quickly, so I thought something was wrong."

As Phoebe was speaking, she caught a glimpse of Aqua out of the corner of her eye. What the heck was she doing on her hands, knees, and head to the ground? And what’s this about ‘child support?’ "Ah... um... excuse me for a moment..." She made her way over to where the blue haired mage was giving tribute to the mecha girl. “Hey, um, good job with the summoning Aqua, but… what is it that you’re doing right now?”

Last edited:
Mentions & Goals:
Δstra 01 Kikimura KikimuraWait until she's summoned.
La Qzioah Taenebraia-Sol Femboy FemboyWait until she's summoned.
Diane Duste NimbusWing NimbusWing – Assist professor Anna (keep an eye on her not acting too childish), provide some historical context, gain some magic knowledge.
Phoebe Penrose Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic – Teach Aqua some magic and learn some new things herself as well. | Play the part of Student-Assistant?
Aqua Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread – Become a real Aqua water mage. | Passed summoning class.
Mad Maw Garbage. Garbage. - Make some contacts and try to figure out her powers.
Desmond Develius Develius – Figure out his [Compendium of Prehistoric Dreams] summoning book.
Ninelle Lifeblossom SilverFeathers SilverFeathers – Help out Deliverance.
Deliverance Elvario Elvario – Improve his [Ethereal Luminary Student] grade by passing the Summoning Class. | Passed summoning class.

OOC Stuff:
Thanks for the wait! I'm back alive and (mostly) well, so we'll be picking back up the Wednesday/Sunday narration round rhythm, UTC+1 (post before that or be skipped) from here.

Seaside Tower
The Grand Duchy of Roran, Capital City [Aslan], Outskirts near the Continental Lake, Ethereal Luminary Dependency Building, Seaside Tower
cLAcpZN.png
From: Lornn (Midjourney): https://lornn.itch.io/backgrounds-magic-school

Deliverance

He looked at the purple creature (Qzioah) with a mixture of annoyance and confusion. “I believe I would be considered a man by most definition, but it is not important enough for me to discuss. Yet I must admit your way of addressing me is...” He stopped, trying to find the word for it. He knew there was one. A word for a feeling he'd been killing off most of his life. The one where you felt negative emotion based on someone else action or inaction... He couldn't recall. “I dislike it.” He ended up stating instead.

That's when he heard Aqua call out, which surprised him. “Excuse me, blue haired one. This child support. Is that obligatory?” He looked at Qzioah. Was that why she was being so annoying. “Are you calling me a child due to wishing for this child support the blue-haired one mentioned?” That... that might make sense? He'd been too obsessed trying to summon something ethereal to look into such details. “I shall attempt to acquire the necessary funds.” He hoped that'd get her to agree.

The next bits Qzioah told him were equally odd. “I do not believe my heart suffers from a condition that'd make it sweet.” The next bit made him realise another bit. “I must admit, it is a bit embarrassing to summon something entirely unintended. Although I do not see why it would make me 'shy' in this case.”

He was confused, by her next statement, but her offer did sound appealing. “Would you be able to help me figure out why my circle failed? Perhaps if I know why it connected to wherever you're from, I can figure out why it failed to connect to the Ethereal.” For the first time, his lips formed a slight smile. “That reminds me, I was told I might wish for an assistant or familiar to practice my magic further, if you wish to help me, would you be willing to help me experiment with my magic in my attempts to find the Ethereal?”

Turning his attention back to Ninelle, he nodded. “I'm glad you're fine. Although, I must ask, how come you undid your transformation?” That bit still concerned him. One of the other things he really didn't get was the biting bit. “I do not desire to be bitten. I'm already glad I wasn't eaten as a slave back in the Western Empire.” He stated, recalling those drooling gnolls... It was not a fond memory. As he said it, he couldn't help glossing over at Mad Maw. She looked a whole lot different from those man-eaters, but he'd still rather not be alone with her.

When Ninelle caught him 'hers' he looked a tad confused. “With all due respect, I do not wish for another to have ownership over me again. Not even you.” He stated, wondering if he'd been charmed into becoming a slave again. Surely not, right?

As they were discussing, the professor reappeared.

Professor Anna
nXaNyO3.png

“Nyugh.” She... sounded? It was an odd sound, but it sounded like a mixture of tired and annoyed at least. “Sooo... the tower is all good. You two were just weird.” She'd point at Aqua, then at Deliverance. “You should join the special magic class, and I guess you're already in the special class for good reason.”

“Anyhow... what was your name again?” She asked Aqua. “You can move away and ehh...” She looked around. “Dipple, dapple, dup, you, are... up!” She pointed at the remaining few one by one, until her finger landed on Phoebe. “Well, your time to try summoning. We'll go by one by one now, as I don't want too much more weirdness.”

“You two, support her barrier.” She pointed at Aqua and Mad Maw. “And you three, get your things sorted.” She pointed at Deliverance, Ninelle and Qzioah. Finally, she turned to Desmond and Diana. “Any results on that book?” She asked.

Tasks:
Phoebe – Summoning. (Results will be given next round. Flavour the process of the summoning itself, drawing circles etc., however you want. Bonus points for playing up Student Assistant role.)
Aqua / Mad Maw – Support Phoebe's barrier when she summons.
Diana / Desmond – Check Desmond's book for cultism. (Post to confirm continued involvement, or let me know OOC if you're dipping out or needing something IC/OOC to get active.)
Deliverance / Qzioah / Ninelle – Figure stuff out amongst themselves.
Astra - (Post to confirm continued involvement, or let me know OOC if you're dipping out or needing something IC/OOC to get active.)

Δstra01
1000070214.png

Astra01 let out a weary sigh, the dark circles under her eyes a testament to her exhaustion. She didn't require rest in the physical sense, but her mind was fatigued. Years of battling relentless alien invasions had drained her energy faster than she could replenish it. Now, Astra01 was acutely aware of just how long she had been running on empty.

"Please excuse me while I..." Her voice trailed off as she started walking towards the exit, but her legs gave out beneath her, and she collapsed to the ground, unconscious.

Finally. I can rest.

-+-
Mentions: Elvario Elvario

Apologies for the bad look, mobile doesn't let me change text color, or size, or boldness. Just stuck like this...

La Qzioah Taenebraia-Sol
1718557004989.png

Character Sheet
Titles:

Qzioah simply held her smile as she looked at the little fairy, being careful as she held out her hand not wanting to make sudden movements in case it somehow was more like a push to the little one. The fairy's possessive little remark about Deli being hers was an interesting one, was such a serious boy into tiny, flying people? That was surely a first. Nevertheless, she kept up her cheery expression.
"Thank you for the compliment, my little dearie. I must say, your wings and hair are delightfully pretty. I must ask who it is that keeps your hair tidy and in check, is it yourself or your so-proclaimed black-heart boytoy here that delicately holds and does it for you? Why if so, I might just very much have to help myself to asking him for the same treatment~" she answered with a giggle, before continuing.
"You can call me La Qzioah Taenebraia-Sol, or if it's easier, you can call me Qzioah in short. I'm sure it would be easier for a sweet, little head like yours to remember it, darling~" she spoke before turning her attention to Deliverence. There were some necessities to answer to.

"Oh, child support for little ol' me? Why, I've only known you for so little, but I'm touched. I'm glad to hear that you're so thoughtfully thinking and caring about our future, maybe we should discuss the amount of children we may be considering~!" she giggled. Qzioah listened on to his next offer, delighted when he had asked about being an assistant. The succubus gave a small turn of her head to Xue in the matter, giving a devious grin before looking back to Deli.

"Why of course, I'd be delighted to~! Finding the Ethereal shouldn't be too hard at all darling, I'm sure we could find it in no time at all! You know, I always heard that one can improve their magic tenfold by aligning their mana with a magical being, you know, one like myself. There are some good ways to do that, hand-holding, embracing, contact such as kissing is a really good one, it really helps in-tune your mana with a being of true magic existence and strengthens your own. Not an insistence, just a little suggestion from me honeycakes" Qzioah offered in suggestion to Deliverence, choosing not to even be very subtle at all but wondering if he was truly the intensely dense protagonist type. He seemed more dense than anything, so maybe she could get away with such things to see what he would or wouldn't clue in on. Though one thing made her find smug joy more than anything and made her have to restrain her laughter.

"Ahahah, yours indeed, my little dear girlie-friend. Maybe things do not string that way, but I'm sure you may have better chances with at least someone with time. For now, I should probably help and tend to my little boyfriend here with his magical work. I'm sure with enough time, me and Deli-Darling can spark some wonderful kindred magic amongst eachother. It'll be the kind of otherworldly sensational magic he could only dream of" she mentioned to Ninelle, doing it blatantly aloud so Deli could hear.

"And unfortunately, I'd have yet to say a woman couldn't consider you as a true man yet. Don't worry, as your faithful and personally exclusive assistant, I'll fully assist you into becoming a true adult man in no time at all~!".​

Xue (#54d1b0)

full

Character Sheet
HP (Speed B): 5/5
Armour HP (Light Armour E): 2/2
Bracer HP (Catalyst C): 4/4
Wand HP (Catalyst C): 4/4
Cooldowns
C: 2/2 (Energized C)
Elvario Elvario Femboy Femboy Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

The little fairy gave a small thumbs up to Phoebe as she expressed her concern, her wings fluttering slightly as she smiled. "I'm fine, really, don't worry. Just a momentary lapse in concentration. I'll recover my mana and be back to form soon enough." She explained reassuringly, before nodding and briefly watching the pink-haired mage head to the other side of the room to reunite with her... kneeling? blue-haired friend. Though curious and a bit worried about what in the world was going on over there, Ninelle managed to tear her gaze back to the two giants crouching down by her side. But deep down, a part of her did not really want to confront or deal with this scene either.

Deliverance's rejection did not hurt as much as she thought it would, her thoughts lingering more carefully on his prior admission. So it was slavery after all... Although the signs had always been there, hearing the truth straight from his mouth was... another matter entirely. "I'm sorry Deli, I did not mean it that way. I just... didn't know what to state our relationship as." She explained cautiously. Despite knowing how literally he took many things, she had been a bit caught up in the heat of the moment, and could only chide herself for it. Love aside, even as a friend, making such mistakes was not okay.

Originally, Ninelle had been reassured by the initial kindness of Qzioah, and Deliverance's explanation and care. But slowly, the sound of their conversation grew more and more absurd the more she listened.

Qzioah in particular managed to send her on an emotional rollercoaster in the span of a few seconds, with Ninelle smiling giddily at her little return compliments, blushing beet-red and being bewildered by her calling Deliverance her 'black-hearted boytoy', and frowning at her continued attempts towards Deli. The sudden talk of child support virtually came out of nowhere for Ninelle, having been way too out of it to hear any conversations across the room.

Still, it was clear the succubus had no intention to back down, and Ninelle felt at a loss on what to do. She was new to romance in general, and had yet to emotionally figure herself out for it, although fortunately the initial shock had worn off and she could think properly again.

Still, as she pondered, she realized, in the end, it wasn't exactly her place to step in was it?

If Deliverance flirted back or otherwise accepted Qzi's advances, she would just leave, wouldn't she? It meant he was not right for her, right? Following that line of logic, the little fairy felt the world became more clear, although Qzi's latter words still cut her heart. "You wound me Qzioah. I thought we could be friends, but sadly, I see you don't take me seriously." She smiled somewhat sadly, shaking her head as she took a few steps back from her hand. "But still, I know that being an otherworlder in a foreign world can be difficult, so I wish you the best in that regard." The little fae smiled a little more genuinely, emptying her head a little as she awaited the scene to play out.

A succubus was a succubus, so she tried not to hate her flirtatiousness. And Deli was Deli, so she could not blame him for being lured by claims of the ethereal. Perhaps life would be simpler and happier, if she managed to just let it all go.

"I am prostrating and apologizing like the flea I am." Aqua replied to Phoebe while still keeping her dogeza pose. Though her summon didn't seems to have much reaction rather than curiosity after being summoned, and she just walked away. Aqua wondered if this mean she's good to go, raising her head, she found the other group had approached her. The male who did the summon asked about her words before, the child support one and Aqua's mind instantly blanked out. Its not like she didn't know the meaning, but she just didn't know how to explain, she just blurted the word mindlessly. So instead of answering, Aqua gradually retreat from the conversation as the group delved into some talks about owning each other and having children. Enough summoning for the day, she should pack her belonging and le-

The professor returned, stating that there's nothing wrong with the tower. Aqua was thinking to ask permission for an early leave before the professor suggesting her to join the special class. She didn't know what a special class would be, but she couldn't refuse that so she canceled her thought of leaving early.

"I-It's Aqua!" She replied excitedly and nodded as the professor instructed her and Maw to assist Phoebe. Approaching the pink-haired mage, Aqua leaned to her and asked in a whisper

"What is a special magic class?" Too shy to ask the professor directly, she opted to ask the only person here that she's already comfortable with. Phoebe was an experienced mage too so she probably know one or two things.​

1715577960579-png.1162179

Mad Maw
The gnolls could hardly believe how chaotic things had become! It had not taken long since the teacher's departure for things to become quite estranged. Mad Maw was still perplexed by the high tech warrior that had been summoned; or rather she was baffled by the dissonance between said warrior and the voluptuously piece of sass the other wizard man had summoned. She wasn't sure on the 'classes' of everyone here. Aiden had mentioned others like her so it only made her more curious to see where these other lives came from.

The tension between the succubus, the pixie, and this seemingly dense man went mostly unnoticed it seemed, but it piqued her interest. A fluffy ear shifting and perking underneath her hat as she listened to the drama unfold. A fluttering in her own heart as she thought of the shark skinned beauty that had crossed her path during the fair. Her calico features heating up as her brown cheeks lit up to a light mocha momentarily.

Astra collapsing had derailed her train of thought; eyes widening in worry as she hurriedly moved toward her. The teacher arriving and giving her the task of aiding Phoebe with her task, though Mad Maw spelled the name Feebee in her mind. An important detail that will surely be important at a later point.

"Will she be okay? Maybe summoning has a physical lag? Do you think some water would help?" Mad Maw cautiously optimistic that Astra would be fine, this was a sanctioned class right? Right? She waved at Aqua, giving her a ginger elbow to the side as she chuckled "What do you think Feebs will summon? With the current odds, im thinking an eldritch horror from sesame street. The Bigged Bird" Mad Maw said, wielding her wand like a conductor of a symphony as she swished it through the air; a trickle of purplish mana following behind.

Elvario Elvario Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Kikimura Kikimura Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Garbage. Garbage.

Phoebe gave an awkward chuckle at Aqua's response. "I don't know if money is what she would need right now though..." After a short while, shorter than she honestly expected with the nature of their "visitors," the Professor returned who then decided it was Phoebe's turn to try her hand at summoning. "Right, but uh..." she looked over to the girl that Aqua had summoned who had now collapsed onto the ground. "Is she gonna be ok...?"

Speaking of her blue haired friend, Aqua asked about that special class the Professor mentioned. "Ah, I believe it's kind of like an accelerated course. Like how regular, non-magic schools have regular classes for most of the students and honors classes for students with more aptitude, skill, or ability than the average student. It's the same principle here, except in this case it's magical ability instead of typical academics." She gave Aqua a pat on the back. "I'd take that as a compliment, you know? You've got the makings for a good mage, Aqua."

With that, Phoebe began to draw her own magic circle in the sand. "So, let's see here... Start off with the barrier circles in the outer 2 layers..." She voiced her process, in part for the sake of her own focus and in part because she might as well play the role of that sudden "student-assistant" promotion the Professor gave her. "Aqua, Maw, when I start summoning, channel your mana into these layers. It'll help me out with maintaining the barrier" She called over to them as she drew geometric patterns for the barrier layers. "Alright... now for the address with relatively more complex runes..." Moving over to the center of the 2 circles, she began to draw the inner summoning circle. This part was probably the most tricky of the entire process, so it was a good thing she had read up on the field of Arcana back home during her cram session. The runes she inscribed in the inner layer could be described as having a vaguely astral appearance to them. "Aaand there we go... that should summon something from a celestial plane if my runes are correct, hopefully it'll be as amicable as our other guests here."

Stepping back outside the circle, she readied herself.
"Here goes." As she began channeling her magic into the summoning circle, it began to glow a pinkish hue. "Watchers of the world, thy who guide those to their destinies from cradle to grave, lend me thy wisdom and hear my call!" As Phoebe chanted, the light began to grow in intensity, by the end of her chant seemingly glowing as bright as the stars themselves.

Mentions & Goals:
Δstra 01 Kikimura KikimuraWait until she's summoned.
La Qzioah Taenebraia-Sol Femboy FemboyWait until she's summoned.
Diane Duste NimbusWing NimbusWing – Assist professor Anna (keep an eye on her not acting too childish), provide some historical context, gain some magic knowledge.
Phoebe Penrose Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic – Teach Aqua some magic and learn some new things herself as well. | Play the part of Student-Assistant?
Aqua Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread – Become a real Aqua water mage. | Passed summoning class.
Mad Maw Garbage. Garbage. - Make some contacts and try to figure out her powers.
Desmond Develius Develius – Figure out his [Compendium of Prehistoric Dreams] summoning book.
Ninelle Lifeblossom SilverFeathers SilverFeathers – Help out Deliverance.
Deliverance Elvario Elvario – Improve his [Ethereal Luminary Student] grade by passing the Summoning Class. | Passed summoning class.

Seaside Tower
The Grand Duchy of Roran, Capital City [Aslan], Outskirts near the Continental Lake, Ethereal Luminary Dependency Building, Seaside Tower
cLAcpZN.png
From: Lornn (Midjourney): https://lornn.itch.io/backgrounds-magic-school

Professor Anna
nXaNyO3.png

She looked at the passed out robot (Astra01) with curiosity. “Huh, it seems it already ran out of mana?” She was intending to just (mostly) leave it be, but this was a golden opportunity she couldn't let pass. Heading over, she'd lean down to start poking Astra. “I see, I see. How informative.” She stated, even though it wasn't clear if she was doing anything more than just poking her cheeks and lots of other places. “I don't see a way to input a new energy source or to charge her up with mana or something... I wonder if using lightning magic on her as a whole would work.”

Satisfied with the poking, she'd use the back of her broom to bonk her a few times instead. Getting that satisfying metallic clang ringing through the air. “Sounds like she's less hollow than the mecha's we sent to Rotia to fight off the monsters.” She concluded.

Hearing Aqua reply to Phoebe, she shook her head. “You summoned a pretty cool thing from a place nobody managed to summon from. Be a bit more proud and all that.” She replied. “Either that or help me figure out how to charge this thing, Aqua. You're the one that summoned it, after all.”

Upon Mad Maw suggesting water, she shook her head. “Unless it would active her emergency protocols, I don't think it would. I guess we could try throwing her in the Continental Lake.” She stated, looking over to the edge of the cliff they were on. “Yet it'd be a waste if that were to fail.”

She watched with the occasional nod as Phoebe not only managed to do all that she was told, but even managed to explain her process. “Good, good.” She'd nod, happy that she was able to delegate her workload already.

However, as Phoebe summoned, she would realise something odd. The thing she summoned was a cardboard copy of herself. Yet there was one thing that was off even more than anything else. The actual Phoebe was the one that suddenly found herself inside the summoning circle, with the barrier surrounding her. Whatever she'd summoned had somehow managed to switch places almost instantly. It was also quick to speak up.

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png

“What? That's so creepy! It looks exactly like me!” The 'Phoebe' outside of the summoning circle would call out in shock.

As if this turn-about wasn't enough of a concern for poor Phoebe, the moment she'd speak up, she realised no sound would come out. Her voice simply didn't seem to work any-more. Another trick pulled by whatever she'd summoned? Whichever it was, this was starting to get more and more concerning. Perhaps... she might be able to alert the others, somehow, even without being able to speak up?

Deliverance

“I do not wish to have offspring. I merely wish to get these formalities out of the way as quickly and efficiently as possible.” He'd reply to Qzioah, annoyed and confused in equal measure. “I was under the assuming that, as I summoned you, you would be considered the 'child' I'd be supporting.” He added as an explanation of how he'd understood Aqua's earlier remark.

That said, her next words insulted him. “If finding the Ethereal was easy, I would have been able to do so long ago. To suggest it is easy is highly insulting.” There was one part that stood out, however, the thing about aligning mana with a magical being. “Is that true?”

Excited, he'd turn to Ninelle. “If she's right, could we attempt to align our mana? If it's you, I don't think I'd mind attempting methods as odd as the ones that miss Sol just suggested. I'm pretty sure after what we've been through, it might at least be partially alignt already or something, right?” He didn't even realise he was completely ignoring Qzioah or using her own words directly against her.

When he heard Qzioah speak up next, he was yet again annoyed. “As I said, I do not believe I am a 'boy' and I do not believe that were are 'friends' either. I'm willing to own up to having summoned you, but only to the minimal legal obligations.” He stated, as something about her was starting to make him feel... not good. “Besides, I have no desire to figure out whatever this 'becoming an adult man' is that you speak off. I merely wish to find the Ethereal.”

As for Ninelle herself, however, her words made him think for a bit. “I see... That is fair.” He surmised, as he wouldn't be sure either. He suddenly got a brilliant idea. “There was a Fae songstress I once met that might know how to state our relationship. Perhaps we should visit her. I believe her name was... Ophania?” He nodded to himself, deciding this might be worth sacrificing some time for that he could've spent on studying the Ethereal. “She might be able to help us.”

That said, there was one thing that he couldn't get out of his mind. “Might I request something of you?” He'd ask of Ninelle. “This odd purple creature is making me highly confused and uncomfortable, but I have an odd feeling it'd be better if you were to be seated upon my hand. Just like when we were looking for the Plaguebearing Heart. I'm not sure why or how, but... I believe that might be better. Perhaps due to some unknown magic or this 'love' we discussed.” He'd stated his awkwardly uncovered findings, as he held out his hand, hoping she'd agree to test this theory of his.

Last edited:

Astra01

1000071281.png
Astra wasn't sleeping, not in the normal sense at least. It has never happened before that her mind just shut off-- almost like a phone left in the sun for too long. If there was a way to recharge it would probably be cooling off, like leaving said overheated device in the shade. At least such she surmise if she were present. But currently she was stuck in her past, fighting onslaughts, losing comrades, losing ground. Losing.
'Worry not commander! We trust you with our lives!' Jason's laughter echoed through her brain. 'I told you not to call me that.' the Wasp repeated with a sigh. And then that laughter echoed out again.
"Jason!" She suddenly called out loud, the whirring of her machinery coming back to life as she looked around frantically. A grave reminder as to why she made herself incapable of sleep. Because whenever she did . . .
That's right. . . I'm. . . Somewhere else.
After her breathing stabilized, Astra01 shook her head and stood up again, appraising the teacher who was poking on her.

-----------
Mentions: Elvario Elvario Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Garbage. Garbage.
-----------

Astra01 woke from her slumber after a disturbing nightmare.

cQBtQqT.png

Goals:
- Uncover and learn the secrets of the "Compendium of Prehistoric Dreams [D]".
- Summon something from the Compendium.
- Potentially learn a new bard spell or two.
Equipped:
  • "Compendium of Prehistoric Dreams [D]": Illustrations of mythical reptiles and enchanted burrows animate before one's eyes, moving within the borders of the pages as if alive. Why this book could be used to summon such creatures from legend if one dreamed hard enough and was willing to pay a small price!
  • Dreamshade Elixir E (x1) - The delicate shiny vial filled with a swirling, luminescent liquid that seemed to dance with its own inner light. This was no ordinary potion; it was [Dreamshade Elixir], a rare and potent substance rumored to grant visions of otherworldly clarity, but at a steep price to the unwary.

Mentions:
| Garbage. Garbage. [Mad Maw] | NimbusWing NimbusWing [Diane] | Clockwork_Magic Clockwork_Magic [Phoebe] | Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread [Aqua] |

"Cheezuses n pretz-tals?" Desmond wondered, as he processed the idea of a charcuterie board filled with these delectable goods, "Yum yum! Desmond hungry now...". His stomach grumbled slightly at the thought. If only he could summon some snacks to munch on. In the meantime, the stylish Gnoll inquired Assistant Professor Diane more about he properties of the book, mentioning a figure known as "Sandman" and if he used the potty. The young raptor's head cocked sideways at Mad Maw, showing visible signs of confusion. "What is Sandyman and why's it so important to ask if he uses potty?" he asked innocently, genuinely curious to hear more about this man made of sand.

While still waiting for his book, Desmond overheard Professor Ann order the other members to help out with the summoning. His new friend, Maddy Maw, alongside Aqua was to help with Phoebe's summoning ritual accordingly. The raptor was already eager to start learning, but preferred to have the book with him before he could start. In the meantime, he had to pay attention. His stomach had been doing more thinking than his intellect. Focus Desmond, focus! The raptor carefully watched Phoebe create the rune barrier layers, glowing in a playful pinkish hue as the girl chanted. A flash of light and... Desmond's eyes would widen.

Phoebe had cloned herself?! Or, er, mimicked?

Desmond eyed the Phoebe within the circle curiously, already trotting towards her location. "Ooooh! Ooooh!" barked the raptor as he clapped his hands with a plucky giggle, "Pinky got mimicked! Pinky got mimicked!" To him, this situation seemed par for the course; being truly unaware truly of what was really going on. Though out of sheer curiosity, Desmond began to use his [Heightened Smell F] and [Perception F] to identify even the slightest hint at which Phoebe was the real one and which wasn't.

La Qzioah Taenebraia-Sol
1718557004989.png

Character Sheet
Titles:

After Xue had mentioned about the potential of being friend, Qzioah hummed a small laugh and rolled her eyes. Some of the things Deliverence would go on to say would also be very boring and uninteresting. Sighing and dropping her smile, she tutted and shook her head.
"Oh you both are so boring, was I summoned to the reality of zombies or what? You're really disappointing me here goth-dollface, I'm starting to see why the Ethereal isn't picking up. I mean, if some kid whose never laughed once in his entire life came forcefully trying to knock in going 'Greetings, I wish to see the Ethereal because I must see and know everything because that's part of my character traits, I'm a three-dimensional being with a one-dimensional personality looking for fourth-dimensional beings in order to waste their time' I mean come on, what were you expecting?" La Qzioah criticized, putting on a stereotypical nerdy tone of voice in order to comment on how Deli was acting, she was hoping to have fun but he was proving to be a real boring stick in the mud.

"And you both, oh what I'm saying is rude? Who told me that I'm going to be suddenly transported to who knows where and I have to suddenly act to your customs? How do you know what's normal and respectful for me? I was being very nice and charming and throwing compliments and appreciation your way, but what do I get? Treated like some backwater-monster that doesn't even have a name. And you-" she answered, pointing to Xue.

"What are you even supposed to be, his follower love interest? Typical, you follow around the densest being known to any plane of existence just hoping that one day he'll turn around and understand the concept of reciprocating your feelings in any sort of way but no, rather than your little fantasy of him putting hands on you, he's putting his hands all over magic summoning circles that DON'T EVEN WORK, and summon COMPLETELY OTHER WOMEN. So SOH-REE, but I think both of you don't have your priorities in check on what you're doing or who you're criticising. BUT, because I'm SO NICE, I will reintroduce myself" she said in a rather annoyed tone, holding her hand out with a forced smile.

"Hello, my name is La Qzioah Taenebraia-Sol, but you can call me Qzioah for short since it's easier. YES, I can be your assistant and personally help you find the Ethereal, let us be on COMMON GROUND and MUTUAL TERMS, because I cannot just 'GO HOME' and I am STUCK HERE NOW. So graciously thanks to your FUNCTIONING SUMMONING CIRCLE" she introduced again. Being summoned to who-knows-where to a bunch of people criticial of who you are is NOT what she wanted to do today.​

"I-I want a cute but cool baby dragon." Aqua said her prediction to the gnoll. Her prediction was more about what she would like to see though, and it would soon proven to be completely wrong.

As Phoebe filled her in on what the special magic class would likely be, Aqua eyes widen as she started to realize what would that entail. Does that mean she would be able to attend here? In this prestigious school. The pink-haired mage's compliment, followed by the professor's affirmation definitely didn't help at reigning her imagination as her mind go wild. Its like her brain melted into jelly from all the compliments she's getting.

'You are a wizard Aqua.' Then she would put the talking hat on her head and it would announce, 'OK, Slytherin!' then she would join her friends on the seats for the gryf-

Wait, why Slytherin???

Aqua snapped back to reality as the professor asked her opinion on how to charge the girl she just summoned. She turned her head to Astra and was astounded as she saw Astra collapsed and suddenly jolted up as if she just had a nightmare. Aqua kneeled next to Astra, gently stroking her head in an attempt to calm her, that's what her mother did whenever she's having a nightmare. She wasn't sure what to said though other than some awkward 'there there', but her touching Astra's head made her realize something. She poses body heat and breath. She might looks like part robot but her human parts were definitely still working. She approached the professor and said.

"I-I think she can digest regular human foods." She reported. There's nothing much she can do for her summon for now other than letting the academy take care of her and hoping she would recover as soon as possible.

Returning back to the task at hand. Aqua positioned herself to help Phoebe with the barrier. When the older mage started her chant, Aqua immediately poured her mana into the circle. She looked at the circle as it began to glow, and then for the second time in a row she once again got blinded by the bright light that came from the summoning process. Next time she might need to look the other way or wear an eye cover during the summoning.

“What? That's so creepy! It looks exactly like me!”

"Pinky got mimicked! Pinky got mimicked!"

W-what?! What happened?? Aqua thought Phoebe just summoned another sentient being from another world, but once her sight recovered what she saw was another Phoebe inside the circle, with the same exact appearance as the real Phoebe. Aqua's head just darted between the two Phoebes in confusion at what was currently happening.​

Last edited:
1715577960579-png.1162179

Mad Maw
The gnoll was distracted by the not too distant sound of drama being perpetuated by the love triangle poor Deliverance had summoned into his life, both spiritual and physical. All she could think was that she was seeing this for free, at least until Phoebe started to use prepare her summoning circle. Mad Maw's Mana Channeled through her body as she figured it was something better learned on instinct, at least in her chaotic case. Her hands outstretched, feeding the frenetic purple energy into the circle.

She could hardly believe such a thing could actually bring forth a whole other person, yet she and others like her balked at such disbelief. What she hadn't expected was the exact replica of Phoebe. Was that how it was supposed to work? Her friend, Aqua, equally confused it seemed. She wasn't sure if it was how she always was, or if it was the gnollish brain chemistry, but she found herself suspicious.

"Miss Agua, are we sure that's...correct? Summoning shouldn't imply oneself..." She didn't want to come across as a fool, but it was better than the alternative. Her eyes lighting up a soft purple [Appraise F]

Phoebe Penrose
Phoebe(Library2).png

Interactions: Elvario Elvario Spoiled Bread Spoiled Bread Garbage. Garbage. Develius Develius

As the light subsided and the world returned to her vision, the scene lay before Phoebe was definitely not one she was expecting. The fact that she was looking at a dead ringer of herself was a rattling enough, her actual feelings being more or less what her doppelgänger had said. The fact that it even sounded exactly like her only added to the alarm of her situation. However, the real "oh crap" moment was the realization that she was in the center of the summoning circle instead of whatever the thing on the other side of the barrier was.

Phoebe opened her mouth to tell the others what was wrong, but nothing came out, no matter how hard she tried. She held her hand over her throat in disbelief. Was this really just a simple case of switching places with a doppelganger at time of summoning? Or had it stolen her body entirely, swapping her consciousness into the her inside the barrier?

She had to tell the others, but if she can't do it with her voice, then she'll have to fall back on telling them via magic. Ordinarily, she'd be unable to cast any spells at all with her voice gone, but thankfully she studied Componentless Magic before coming to the academy, which gave her a few options to work with...

Or so one would think.

Almost all of her spells went out the window immediately due to their nature as offensive spells. Aggressively attacking the barrier itself to get to her reflection on the other side of the barrier doesn't exactly convey "I'm the real Phoebe, don't kill me." At the very least, if she can't tell the others that the other her is a fake, she shouldn't give her other self a reasonable excuse to propose disposing of an overly aggressive "summon."

That left [Soothing Waters] as the only viable spell she could possibly use in this situation. Her thought process being if she could help the mech girl that Aqua summoned with whatever ailments troubled her that would go to prove that she was the real Phoebe. However, that wouldn't work either. The barrier was meant to keep a summon in, so it was a no brainer that it would be able to do the same with a summon's magic.

At this point, should she just attempt to communicate with whatever hand gestures or in some kind of code and hope the others would get it? Wait... code? Perhaps there was one kind of magic that could work after all. It was a bit of a long shot, but it was all she got within the confines of the barrier with her voice stolen by her doppelganger. She walked up to the barrier, a pleading kind of look on her face. She held up her index finger and focused mana into her finger tip. It was one of the first things all mages learned how to do in their early years to get a better feel for controlling their mana. But instead of creating one continuous glow at her fingertip, Phoebe focused her mana in a way to create a pattern in the glow.

3 short glow bursts, followed by 3 longer glows, followed again by 3 short bursts. Anyone that knew what morse code was would be able to read it: SOS.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back