Artists Sanctuary [Inactive]

Adrian nodded wearily, his body was becoming slow from his lack of sleep but he tried not to show it. He then leaned downwards writing in his notebook, 'so we're visiting Alie and Cady after school?'

Rita got to school she next day, eyes red and puffy. She only wanted to draw. After she calmed down before from her nightmare, she found her way back to her dorm, only to have the terror plague her again. She walked in, saw the two and turned completely white. In her dream, she kept seeing them leave or something bad happen. The last one she had, Apollo died in a plane crash ironically. She was unsure of why she had to think of it. Maybe it was set off after seeing Cady in such a sorry state. She sprinted towards Apollo, hugging him tightly.

Apollo held Rita close to him. "It's so good to be back, especially considering we've got a dance to go to this weekend." He said smiling warmly.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Adrian say Rita and he suddenly became self concious, he probably looked terrible the sleepless nights having a toll on him. But he forced a smile enjoying the sight of Apollo happy.

Rita buried her face in his shirt and nodded, sniffling quietly. "I really missed you.." She said, thinking about everything she left. She stress of coming back even if she was gone for a little while. She didn't let go. What about the dance? Didn't Cady say she was going to get ready with her? What if she was gone before then? Did it matter?

"We'll go as soon as the bell rings Adrian. Promise" Apollo said as his eyes widened as someone entered the room. The beautiful blonde girl with piercing green eyes, Alicia. "So who is this Apollo?" She asked in a coy way.

Rita lifted her head from Apollo's shirt, eyes obviously leaking a bit, but she wiped them and smiled at the stranger. "Hi.. Im Rita. Im sorry, I didn't see you walk in. Whats your name..?" She asked in a sweet way.

Adrians eyes widened, what a time to enter he thought as he stood up swaying slightly. His hands gripped the cuffs of his cardigen tightly hoping nothing would grow from the conversation.

"You must be Apollo's new lady" she said with a grin, and an eyebrow raised. "Weren't you going to introduce me?" She asked Apollo to which he replied "I wouldn't have my worst enemy meet you"

Rita frowned and looked at the girl apologetically, a blush spreading across her already tear reddened cheeks. She smiled and shook her head. "Th-thats not too nice.. So your name?" she reiterated, still as polite as ever.

"Alicia Calmstock, I'm his.." Apollo interrupted her "Ex.". Alicia looked at Rita in a sizing up manner, then with an arrogant tone said a "Pleasure to meet you, I've got to be going. You two take care".

The entire conversation Apollo held Rita closer to him. As if to protect himself.

Rita smiled, pretending not to notice the sizing up. "You too. Nice to meet you." 
Rita looked at him after she was gone and frowned. "What happened there?"

"I-I'm so sorry. It's like I always say. She lives to torment me" Apollo told her with a distant look.

"I'm going to class. I'll meet you two back here right after school. We'll go to the hospital"

Rita froze up, feeling sick to her stomach. "No!" She said, not really meaning to act out, and ticked a couple times in nervous response. She didn't want to see it again. She thought of Cady as her first actual friend who's a girl, but she couldn't it hurt. She saw her mother. "Im going to class.. See you both.."

Adrian was about to leave when he heard Rita and stopped looking at her, his eyes suddenly full of emotion. Was something wrong, has she visted Cady already? Adrian stopped moving, was she dead? As the thought crossed his mind Adrian facial expression looked so vulnerable, like he would crumble at any point as he bit his lower lip.

Rita heard the voice and got scared. She didn't know why, she was just frightened. Tears started filling her eyes again, tempting her to let them be shed. "Y-you two go on without me.. I think Id.." She thought about the night before. The fear she felt. How for a moment, reality was no different than her dream, and she took off running. Not even finishing her sentence, she sprinted off. She didn't go to class though. She ran off to where her dorm was, running inside and closing the door.

"Rita!" Apollo yelled as he ran to her door and began to knock. "Come on, let me in. Let me know what's the matter, I'm here for you." He said his voice growing more emotional as he went on. "We need you Rita. I need you".

Adrian watched her run and Apollo chase after her his knees feeling weak, what happened? Rita was such a strong girl to Adrian and to see her so afraid and upset caused him to think that Cady had died. All of the bad possibilities filling his mind caused him to fall to his knees, he cares about Cady and hated the thought of anything bad happening to her. He cared about everyone. But he couldn't wait now so he stood up forgetting his items on the floor and walked through the halls until he found an exit and left the school.

After regaining her breath and subbing for a moment, she shakily opened the door. How was it fair? She would smile and tell the ones she loved it was going to be alright, then they try to leave again. When they see her again, she smiles again and tells them its okay. It wasn't fair for Cady and her mother to try to leave. She needed them more than she could ever admit out loud. She wanted to leave just as much as anyone else, but she was there to smile. She couldn't find it in her to look Apollo in the eyes. She just opened the door, a small smile on her face. "Sorry..."

Apollo grabbed her hand "I know what's been going on with Cady. I can't stand it but she needs our help. You're the most wonderful person I know, if anyone can help her it's you. We have to do it for her, and if you aren't feeling strong through this I can promise you I'm going to be there to help you."

Rita didn't move at first. She mumbled under her breath. "I am really scared.. honestly. Every time I look at cuts, something screams in my head.." She looks up at him, trying but failing to make proper eye contact. Hers were red. "I cant help it.. it reminds me of how my mom would rather have left me.. and that she could easily be gone now. Cady could be dead. She's not.. but it was really deep.." She turned visibly whiter thinking about it. "I just want it all to go away.."

Users who are viewing this thread

Back